Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15   Go Down

Author Topic: TWO'S COMPANY  (Read 40625 times)

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
Re:TWO'S COMPANY
« Reply #390 on: November 06, 2007, 12:39:04 AM »

Thank you George!
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #391 on: November 06, 2007, 12:39:33 AM »

Page 14!
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #392 on: November 06, 2007, 12:43:29 AM »

Wonder if anyone has ever found a pearl in a can of clam chowder soup...

I believe pearls can be found in clams

My grandfather once said that he found a teardrop pearl in a can of oysters and because they cooked it, it was worthless.  I didn't really believe him. ::)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #393 on: November 06, 2007, 12:53:28 AM »

hmmm I wonder if that is so

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #394 on: November 06, 2007, 12:53:44 AM »

I spy bk....

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #395 on: November 06, 2007, 12:53:59 AM »

How did it go?

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #396 on: November 06, 2007, 12:55:36 AM »

I have one strand of true pearls that I inherited.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #397 on: November 06, 2007, 01:04:22 AM »

I remember back in the 80s when fake plastic faux pearls were all the rage

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #398 on: November 06, 2007, 01:05:17 AM »

I even had a strand of fuchsia fake pearls at oen time

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #399 on: November 06, 2007, 01:06:08 AM »

However the most disturbing color in faux pearls I saw was Hot pink with pastel pink polka dots

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #400 on: November 06, 2007, 01:06:31 AM »

Vanity post #400!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #401 on: November 06, 2007, 01:06:58 AM »

Back from a hugely long day and a mercifully almost problem-free show.  The audience (at least the ones I heard from) really seemed to love the show, and I'm proud to repeat a comment Stephen Schwartz said to me as he came out of the theater - "I should have known that with you it would only be two hours - THANK YOU!"  Both Alan and Stephen seemed to have enjoyed everything and they hung out afterwards and spoke to the cast.

And now, must write notes.

Angela

« Reply #402 on: November 06, 2007, 01:08:27 AM »

Where ever you go, there you are.........

George

« Reply #403 on: November 06, 2007, 01:09:04 AM »

BK, congrats on having what sounds like a great event!!

About how many people were there in the audience??
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #404 on: November 06, 2007, 01:11:21 AM »

Congrats Bruce!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #405 on: November 06, 2007, 01:12:41 AM »

Have not heard back from Susie and Stephanie about the show. They went to enjoy the music and see Matt and Christina

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #406 on: November 06, 2007, 01:14:55 AM »

Nice review...

George

« Reply #407 on: November 06, 2007, 01:15:57 AM »

Earlier this evening, I received the Melissa Errico recording of Anna Karenina[/u] (book and lyrics by Peter Kellogg, music by Dan Levine) in the mail:

I searched boxes in my garage to find my copy of the Lorna Dallas version (music and lyrics by Ralph Chicorel) so that I can compare:

My friend Josh (who is in Nite of the Living Dead! The Musical! with me), just read the book and was interested in the musical versions.  

George

« Reply #408 on: November 06, 2007, 01:17:10 AM »

Anyway, while I was going through my CDs (still ::)) in boxes in my garage, I found this CD:

and wondered if it's the same Milla whose CD BK is selling.  They don't really look alike, and my Kritzerland CD is at work, but I'll listen to them both tomorrow.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #409 on: November 06, 2007, 01:20:23 AM »

interesting....

George

« Reply #410 on: November 06, 2007, 01:23:55 AM »

I also found my original Broadway cast recording to Hairspray!  It was NOT in the correct box.  I hate it when that happens.

;)

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #411 on: November 06, 2007, 01:25:22 AM »

The original that was made into the movie and then a musical and then a movie?

George

« Reply #412 on: November 06, 2007, 01:25:29 AM »

I'm listening to the "Dream a Little...Milla" CD.  Her voice doesn't sound familiar, to I really don't think that they're the same person.  It's just interesting to have two different jazz singers named Milla. :)

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #413 on: November 06, 2007, 01:26:17 AM »

How many cds do you have?

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #414 on: November 06, 2007, 01:26:47 AM »

small world...

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #415 on: November 06, 2007, 01:27:17 AM »

Do you have JEKYLL and HYDE or URINETOWN, The MUSICAL

George

« Reply #416 on: November 06, 2007, 01:27:52 AM »

The original that was made into the movie and then a musical and then a movie?

The original movie was not a musical.  That was adapted into the Broadway musical and then a movie of the musical was made.  The same thing happened with The Producers.  It was a non-musical movie (but it had some songs), then it became a stage musical and that was filmed.  What goes around, comes around. ;)

George

« Reply #417 on: November 06, 2007, 01:28:21 AM »

Do you have JEKYLL and HYDE or URINETOWN, The MUSICAL

Both...three different recordings for Jekyll & Hyde.

George

« Reply #418 on: November 06, 2007, 01:29:09 AM »

Dakota, have you ever gone to the Cast Album Database[/b]?  It's quite informative! :D

George

« Reply #419 on: November 06, 2007, 01:31:17 AM »

And since we're so close...
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15   Go Up