Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11   Go Down

Author Topic: THE FULL REPORT  (Read 23081 times)

singdaw

Re:THE FULL REPORT
« Reply #120 on: November 06, 2007, 11:47:43 AM »

DR ELMORE is back in hot water, I see.

;D

Won't be the first time, and won't be the last...

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #121 on: November 06, 2007, 11:48:11 AM »

DR George, my Tivo type unit has a list of scheduled recordings. But that does not necessarily mean that that is what will record. That is simply what i had programmed.  To be sure something is truly scheduled i have to go to the program guide and make sure that the show is going to record.

Like i said before there are a few ways to record something. If i select "record on this channel at any day or time" then no matter when it is on or if they add a few extra minutes it will record.

But if i put in "record on this channel at this day and this time" then if they change the time by a few minutes it will not record.  I was just wondering if your unit had the same type of system. Cause it can seem like it will record.

:(

I've never had any trouble with shows running longer.  The on-screen guide has shown the actual length of the show and it has (up until now) recorded everything.  I HOPE that this is just a one-time goober.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

singdaw

« Reply #122 on: November 06, 2007, 11:48:32 AM »

DR Shawshack, did you get my email?

No, sorry, DR elmore3003, and I just checked again.   When did you send it?

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #123 on: November 06, 2007, 11:48:45 AM »

Bruce,

Just wanted to tell you again how much Janet and I enjoyed the show last night.  Sorry we couldn't stay afterward, but I have to be in the office at 6:30AM so staying and mingling wasn't an option.

We also thought that the ensemble member who filled in for "I Wanna Be a Rockette" did a wonderful job.  We missed her name at the announcement because we weren't expecting it.  Who was that young lady?

That was Marlana Filannino - she was amazing.

singdaw

« Reply #124 on: November 06, 2007, 11:49:52 AM »

Even when I set up a "season pass" on my DVR to record every episode of a series, I ask it to add a minute to the beginning and end, just to be safe.  But I don't think it listens to me...

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #125 on: November 06, 2007, 11:50:45 AM »

Her most famous TV character has a name associated with jumping rope.

I've seen people do Kerr-tweels whilst jumping rope....

;D
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #126 on: November 06, 2007, 11:50:45 AM »

DotM was looking at my recent posts?  I am ever so curious as to exactly what they're looking for, oh, yes, I'm ever so curious.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #127 on: November 06, 2007, 11:51:55 AM »

Meanwhile, this day has been anything but relaxing, as I can see that getting our final check is going to be an ordeal, which means paying all the payables is going to be an ordeal.  I've got the head of the Theatre Academy on it now.

Edisaurus

« Reply #128 on: November 06, 2007, 11:52:04 AM »

Is Drawstring psychic or does he have a spycam trained on DotM?
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #129 on: November 06, 2007, 11:52:12 AM »

I have another picture of another actress I want to post if I can get teh scanner to cooperate.
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

Edisaurus

« Reply #130 on: November 06, 2007, 11:52:43 AM »

Is DotM short for Dot Matrix?

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #131 on: November 06, 2007, 11:53:26 AM »

::: hides the cat ::: curiousity is not always a good thing for them
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

singdaw

« Reply #132 on: November 06, 2007, 11:54:48 AM »

Is Drawstring psychic or does he have a spycam trained on DotM?

;D

Neither; just happened to notice her when I randomly clicked on "Who's Online."  When you're searching, your user name doesn't appear in the list at the top of the discussions pages.

singdaw

« Reply #133 on: November 06, 2007, 11:58:35 AM »

***FINAL FUNDING VIBES***[/size][/color]
for bk!  [ugh!]

VinTek

• Si hoc legere scis numium eruditionis habes
« Reply #134 on: November 06, 2007, 12:07:51 PM »

Thanks all, for the warm welcome.  For those of you who don't know me, you can probably tell by my member number that I go way back in this forum.

How many of you made it out to the show last night?  I knew that my wife and I wouldn't be able to stay after the show, so I paid my respect to BK during intermission.  As always, he was very warm and cordial.  Wish I could've hung around to mingle and get my program autographed, but it was not to be.
Transported to a surreal landscape, a young girl kills the first person she meets, then teams up with 3 complete strangers to kill again
- Marin County newspaper listing for The Wizard of Oz

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #135 on: November 06, 2007, 12:10:06 PM »

Frances Reid AKA Alice Horton.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #136 on: November 06, 2007, 12:13:31 PM »

For DR FJL or any other DR with thoughts:

My friend Marsha is 60 years old and will be retiring in January.  She has some money to invest, and I suggested Mutual Funds.  She would like some  income, but that is not her initial concern.

How would she invest in a Mutual Fund?  Couldn't her bank help her.  And what is the best one.....  I have been with Kinetics Family for a few years....but it's done through the family Corporation so I don't know how to do it as an individual....  
« Last Edit: November 06, 2007, 12:14:24 PM by JRand57 »

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #137 on: November 06, 2007, 12:13:54 PM »

DR DakotaCelt i'm curious if the info you provided yesterday re: the soaps and the strike will end up being true (you seemed to think they could be on the air for 1-2 months).

I have heard a few reports (last night) that soaps would be the first to go (next week).

The one i am interested in is Y&R. If you get any info please post it. Thanks for your help.

Jennifer

I will do my best to answer your question.. I was chatting with a good friend who sent me an 10 page letter about different things but basically on what goes on in writing.

A well written soap has a story arc there there is a main central story and smaller stories spinning off from it. The story ideas are often presented 6 months to a year in advance to plan for writing, casting and for production purposes.

Once the story is pitched and approved the writers begin to craft the tale they want to tell and flesh out the scripts for the characters. At the same time specs are given out to the director, costuming, casting and lighting to develop the story's need from their perspective. Normally they want the height of the story to hit around the time of the sweeps or near that time.  They are normally pitched two or three times a year.  

Some writers will allow the actors leeway into fleshing out  the character and some will not.

Many of the scripts are written several weeks in advance to fine tune planning by the directors and in casting and costuming.  Casting calls for day characters and extras often go out at this point.

Since some of the shows have not pitched new story arcs to start they will be in more trouble than others. Several of the show have scripts stockpiled and they are ready to be filmed until late December and early January. However they will be filmed as written with no revisions. The only exception to new writing would be those who cross the pickets or the shows bring in freelance writers.

Right now you are seeing episodes that were taped in mid October. The shows film 10 to 15 days in advance of airing dates in the United States. However in parts of Canada, the sony distributed soaps, YR and DAYS are broadcast the day before they are broadcast in the US.

It is going to boil down who laid in the best contingency plan after the first of the year. Some soaps have enough written or arcs at least in the works that they go can go with using scabs or free lancers. They are at the moment in good shape until January. Guiding light is the only soap that has scripts going well into January.   ATWT is not far behind.  The one in possibly the biggest trouble are the LA based soaps.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #138 on: November 06, 2007, 12:17:45 PM »

DR MISS KAREN - yes the Mercury retrograde ended on November 1.

Anything that is happening right now that you don't like is entirely YOUR fault and has nothing to do with the stars.

Or it could be Comet Holmes....visible right now in the NorthWest sky....in the Perseus constellation.....you can see it with, pardon the expression, the naked eye.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #139 on: November 06, 2007, 12:23:43 PM »

Perhaps it is a spycam or special powers

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #140 on: November 06, 2007, 12:25:00 PM »

IMHO, these were some of the better writers on daytime back in the day...

Anne Bailey Howard
Richard Allen / Anne Schoettle
William Bell
Pat Falken Smith
Agnes NIxon
Irna Phillips
Douglas Marland

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #141 on: November 06, 2007, 12:25:44 PM »

I will almost bet that AFTRA/SAG and DGA are watching how this pans out. I read somewhere that their contracts are up next summer.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #142 on: November 06, 2007, 12:29:07 PM »

JRand, perhaps that is why I feel more calm today...

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #143 on: November 06, 2007, 12:31:29 PM »

JRand, perhaps that is why I feel more calm today...

As you will.  ;D

George

« Reply #144 on: November 06, 2007, 12:34:05 PM »

I will almost bet that AFTRA/SAG and DGA are watching how this pans out. I read somewhere that their contracts are up next summer.

I've read that also.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #145 on: November 06, 2007, 12:35:17 PM »

I have no idea who is in the picture, but Deborah Kerr would be my guess, also.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #146 on: November 06, 2007, 12:36:59 PM »

If worse comes to worse, we could really have a screwed up year of television...

At least we have dvds and tapes....

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #147 on: November 06, 2007, 12:37:38 PM »

Frances Reid aka Alice Horton.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #148 on: November 06, 2007, 12:40:29 PM »

I wonder if the writers strike will affect awards shows or events like that. Or do they fly by the seat of their pants for those.

VinTek

• Si hoc legere scis numium eruditionis habes
« Reply #149 on: November 06, 2007, 12:42:55 PM »

My friend Marsha is 60 years old and will be retiring in January.  She has some money to invest, and I suggested Mutual Funds.  She would like some  income, but that is not her initial concern.

How would she invest in a Mutual Fund?  Couldn't her bank help her.  And what is the best one.....  I have been with Kinetics Family for a few years....but it's done through the family Corporation so I don't know how to do it as an individual....  

Low cost index funds.  A bank would likely charge her a load or high fees.  What asset allocation she uses depends on a number of factors, such as her lifestyle, risk tolerance, size of her portfolio, etc.  She has to find the right balance between capital preservation (let's face it, the market does have occasional and sometimes prolonged downturns) and capital appreciation (so that inflation doesn't eat away her life savings).

Is her savings currently in a tax-sheltered account, like a 401(k) or an IRA?  Does she have any other income besides Social Security, like a pension?  Does she have any liabilities, like a mortgage?  When will she need to tap into her investments for income?  As you can see, without getting a fuller picture of her circumstances, it's difficult to give her advice that will meet her long-term needs.

I'd suggest that she visit the Vanguard, T Rowe Price or Fidelity sites and fool around with their online retirement calculators.  From there, she can get an idea of how she should be allocating her money (stocks, bonds REITs, cash).
Transported to a surreal landscape, a young girl kills the first person she meets, then teams up with 3 complete strangers to kill again
- Marin County newspaper listing for The Wizard of Oz
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11   Go Up