Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12   Go Down

Author Topic: THE SEVEN YEAR ITCH  (Read 27935 times)

singdaw

Re:THE SEVEN YEAR ITCH
« Reply #30 on: November 14, 2007, 05:53:53 AM »

Dear...

Friend...

:)

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #31 on: November 14, 2007, 05:58:10 AM »

Good morning, all!  First of all, congrats and kudos to BK for six years of a wonderful party!  BK, your memoirs of Mr Levin were quite loverly as well.

DR TCB, the actor with the muscles is Jonathan Cake; you can look him up on IMDB.  I understand from friends working on the production that he's a bit too aware of his charisma.

I've got the bank and the post office today.  I am a bit melancholy iver the fact that, while my brother may calm down, Lady M has no intentions of ending the war.  Jo and Randy are celebrating Thanksgiving on sunday for me and all my nephews, niece, spouses and children are coming.  Jo invited Lady M last week, and she declined.  Randy invited M, who didn't know about it! Last night, after the meeting, Randy and Jo reminded them, and Lady M's response was "no way in hell."  I guess it's the curse of being a selfish, evil, narcissistic, conniving piece of Cheap Christmas Trash.

DR Jose, I might consider a trip to Boston with you for the production.

TOD:  I came to HHW because of Liz Callaway who, in the autumn of 2003, needed help to put together her concert library, and who had asked me about some work.  Loking at all of the charts from her recordings, we were reminiscing about BK and exchanging the gossip that was going around about the situation with a recording company who shall be nameless.  I had lost touch with BK, and turned down the last album he offered me because I didn't want to work with the MD/arranger of it. That had been several years before and I had gone to Toyland and other occupations. When Liz told me that BK now had this site, I went to it, and sent him a note.  Ironically, part of my note said "Happy Thanksgiving," so it must have been around this time of the year.  BK asked me to do an interview, which I rremember doing about the beginning of January, and here I am, so grateful that I lurked around long enough to discover such a wonderful party.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

singdaw

« Reply #32 on: November 14, 2007, 06:03:07 AM »

DR elmore3003 - do you still have the burden of having to empty and sell the house?

William E. Lurie

« Reply #33 on: November 14, 2007, 06:12:18 AM »

Congratulations on the Anniversary.  I have been reading these here notes since day one, and although I don't post nearly as much as I used to, I still consider myself a proud Hainsie-Kimlet.

Now if only the stage version of TFNM would get reactivated...
Years from now when you talk of this --- and you will --- be kind.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #34 on: November 14, 2007, 06:41:25 AM »

And the word of the day is: FLANEUR!
The FLANEUR took his pooch for a stroll and passed by several streetwalkers and a FUNERAL procession.

(Get it?  Dog of Flanders/Dog of Flaneur?  Never mind.)
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #35 on: November 14, 2007, 06:49:33 AM »

...Does one person have to meet another person face to face in order to consider them a friend; or can the bond of friendship be forged over an internet cable, a monitor, and a keyboard?

Ah, the new world of the Internet, where pen-pals transform into entire communities.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #36 on: November 14, 2007, 06:51:34 AM »

On November 30th I (we, Anthony and me) begin my annual volunteering with Broadway Cares, making the Stephen J. Falat Holiday Gift Baskets. We make approximately 3000 gift bags for people with AIDS which are delivered to various AIDS Service Organizations in New York City. If any of you New Yorkers are free from Friday November 30th through Friday December 14th and would like to help us we would love to have you. You don't need to commit to the entire time. An hour here or there helps enormously....
Dang, if it was easier to get there I would in a flash.

Or in a car, which is safer.

Ben

« Reply #37 on: November 14, 2007, 06:52:33 AM »

Thanks for your offer Woody  :)

You'll be there in spirit.

Jennifer

« Reply #38 on: November 14, 2007, 06:59:23 AM »

RE: last night's DANCING WITH THE STARS elimination

SPOILERS

I was surprised that marie was safe early.  For some reason (even though i know she has a lot of fans, i really thought she would go this week.  I was happy helio was safe. I hope that he and mel b are the F2. I wasn't too disappointed with who left (cameron). I thought he was probably the weakest left (other than marie).
« Last Edit: November 14, 2007, 07:01:38 AM by Jennifer »

FJL

« Reply #39 on: November 14, 2007, 07:02:42 AM »

Here is a Playbill.com feature on Jonathan Cake.

http://www.playbill.com/news/article/112730.html

Jennifer

« Reply #40 on: November 14, 2007, 07:03:08 AM »

Great news DR Elmore!

singdaw

« Reply #41 on: November 14, 2007, 07:06:36 AM »

Hiya, DR Noel.  Hope your hand is doing better!

Jennifer

« Reply #42 on: November 14, 2007, 07:11:36 AM »

I have a very unusual problem (for me at least).  My stomach is bloated.  When i measured my waist it was like 2 inches more than usual. And it just sticks out. :(

I've also had a very low-grade fever (tues and wed). It's ranged between 37.1-37.5C (which is like 99F-99.5F). Now i know that is not high. But it's not normal for me.

My stomach does not hurt per se.  It just sticks out, which is making my back sore. It doesn't hurt if i poke around in different places. It just feels uncomfortable. Although not like a stomach ache.

I've never really had bloating or gas (don't really know what that feels like). But i don't think it's gas or heartburn.

I catch things fairly easily. and last thursday my niece had a low fever too (same as mine). Then 3 days later she had bad trouble problems and terrible diarrhea. And i was watching her which she had that.

So i'm thinking i may have caught some type of bug.

I tried tums (didn't really help).

It is just so odd I feel like i just grew a beer belly. :)

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #43 on: November 14, 2007, 07:27:14 AM »

Good morning!

Another warm day here. I've actually been able to turn off my central heat. I opened the doors and windows yesterday afternoon, and the house warmed up nicely.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Cillaliz

« Reply #44 on: November 14, 2007, 07:28:18 AM »

RE: last night's DANCING WITH THE STARS elimination

SPOILERS

I was surprised that marie was safe early.  For some reason (even though i know she has a lot of fans, i really thought she would go this week.  I was happy helio was safe. I hope that he and mel b are the F2. I wasn't too disappointed with who left (cameron). I thought he was probably the weakest left (other than marie).

As my friend Paul said "Sending Marie home the same week that she went to her father's funeral??  How cruel would that be??"  I wasn't surprised she stayed and I think she was in the bottom 2 again.  

Cillaliz

« Reply #45 on: November 14, 2007, 07:29:16 AM »

Here is a Playbill.com feature on Jonathan Cake.

http://www.playbill.com/news/article/112730.html

Why do I keep thinking "you can't have your Cake and eat it too"?

8)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #46 on: November 14, 2007, 07:29:54 AM »

Good morning, good day, how are you this beautiful day?  I'm up.  Early.

Matt H.

« Reply #47 on: November 14, 2007, 07:32:19 AM »

Happy Birthday to HHW! Long may it wave!!

I was directed here by Ken Mandelbaum. I read on some site, I'm not sure now which one, about bk's leaving the "place that shall not be named." Concerned that a favorite producer was no longer in the business, I wrote Ken about it, and he told me about this site. So, I owe my presence here to him. I came in right at the end of the old format before we switched over to the forum that we have now. Back then, there were only a handful of daily posters and postings. The place has surely changed since then!

Matt H.

« Reply #48 on: November 14, 2007, 07:33:31 AM »

I like Jonathan Cake as an actor, but reading that little playful Q&A on Playbill yesterday allowed me to see that he has a grand opinion of himself. There was much subtext in all the flip answers he was giving.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #49 on: November 14, 2007, 07:34:29 AM »

Why do I keep thinking "you can't have your Cake and eat it too"?

8)
And now you've got me thinking about frosting.

8)

Matt H.

« Reply #50 on: November 14, 2007, 07:34:43 AM »

Looking forward to watching last night's BOSTON LEGAL and SVU at different points today. I must also start THE SANTA CLAUSE 3. I saw the first one but never saw the second one so I hope I won't be helplessly lost watching this one.

Matt H.

« Reply #51 on: November 14, 2007, 07:36:18 AM »

Of course, tonight is the season premiere of the always entertaining PROJECT RUNWAY! Looking forward to that!

Cillaliz

« Reply #52 on: November 14, 2007, 07:36:24 AM »

Good morning. I am up and at the office and need to make some phone calls.  

TOD - I've told my "how I got here" story many times but since it's the TOD.  I was listening to the Lost in Boston CD that has Rupert Holmes on it and I was working on something on my computer. So when the last song ended I just kept working.  All of a sudden I heard this guy singing "I Love Fish" (or is it I Like Fish) anyway, I had no idea what was going on.  I had played the CD on my Bose Wave Radio and I thought that somehow the radio had come on by itself and this was some show on NPR.    So I jumped up and looked and it was the CD.  

Being baffled, I emailed Rupert and asked what that was (I figured he'd know since he was on the CD)  His response was "That's Bruce Kimmel". He then told me some more about Bruce and explained what an "Easter egg" is.  I did a Google search to find out more about Bruce and found this site.  I've been here ever since.

Ginny

« Reply #53 on: November 14, 2007, 07:44:30 AM »

Off to my first meeting of the day.  See y'all when I get to my cubicle early this afternoon!

Love the stories about how we all got here to HHW and BK's tribute to Ira Levin.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Cillaliz

« Reply #54 on: November 14, 2007, 07:46:00 AM »

DR TCB,  I sometimes come to this site because I want to celebrate something, or I am sad or concerned about something. In those times I have found support, concern and humor from the people here - including the fine folks I have never met, like you.  

Other times I just want  a good laugh or silliness and there is always someone here to provide that as well.  That's friendship in my book.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #55 on: November 14, 2007, 07:47:52 AM »

MattH, I'm not sure I remembered it was Mandelbaum who got you here.  And where is Ken today?

Matt H.

« Reply #56 on: November 14, 2007, 07:48:12 AM »

How come none of you Doris Day fans told me that her fabulous 1975 TV special DORIS DAY TODAY comes out on DVD next week? (So does the last season of her comedy series, but I knew that.)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #57 on: November 14, 2007, 07:48:31 AM »

I may go back to bed for an hour.

Cillaliz

« Reply #58 on: November 14, 2007, 07:48:38 AM »

Plus, I love to hear what other people are doing, their adventures, misadventures, see photos of their adventures and misadventures...
To me this is a real community...

Ok. now I must work
« Last Edit: November 14, 2007, 07:49:12 AM by Cillaliz »

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #59 on: November 14, 2007, 07:49:59 AM »

Welcome fifteen GUESTS.  How did you all find this here site?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12   Go Up