Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9   Go Down

Author Topic: CHOMPING AT THE BIT  (Read 19080 times)

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
Re:CHOMPING AT THE BIT
« Reply #60 on: November 15, 2007, 07:24:40 AM »

No news.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #61 on: November 15, 2007, 07:25:03 AM »

TOD:

Valley of the Dolls
The Lost Weekend

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #62 on: November 15, 2007, 07:27:16 AM »

Page Three VOD dance.

FJL

« Reply #63 on: November 15, 2007, 07:29:14 AM »

Gymnastic?  The word I think i'd use is athletic. (an oft-repeated Hello Dolly reference)

Ginny

« Reply #64 on: November 15, 2007, 07:34:04 AM »

TOD -

The Country Girl
Traffic
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #65 on: November 15, 2007, 07:35:01 AM »

TOD:

ALICE IN WONDERLAND
TRAINSPOTTING
CLEAN AND SOBER
THE BOOST (this movie is so laughably bad that is can be entertaining)
DRUNKS (not a good movie but I liked Richard Lewis' performance)
THE SEVEN PERCENT SOLUTION
REEFER MADNESS
COCAINE FIENDS
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #66 on: November 15, 2007, 07:45:50 AM »

Good one, DR Edi. Love THE SEVEN PERCENT SOLUTION.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #67 on: November 15, 2007, 07:53:38 AM »

DRGINNY reminds me of THE COUNTRY GIRL

singdaw

« Reply #68 on: November 15, 2007, 07:56:37 AM »

A dear friend of mine who is in church music had stationery drawn up which reads:

_________,
Simple Village Organist

:)

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #69 on: November 15, 2007, 07:57:36 AM »

Having lunch out with friends today, so I guess I'd better think about cleaning up.

WBBL.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

singdaw

« Reply #70 on: November 15, 2007, 08:07:04 AM »

There's a fascinating [brief] piece in The New Yorker about the strategy and economics of strikes in general HERE.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #71 on: November 15, 2007, 08:12:28 AM »

Quote from: FJL on Yesterday at 07:15:52pm
When did Olympus Fashion week become Mercedes Benz Fashion Week?  It's so hard to keep up on Project Runway lingo?

To which DR JoseSPiano responded at 07:33:20pm:

Well, if we were able to raise enough funds, we could have a Haines His Way Fashion Week!

-Anyone got a big tent?  

Oh, stop it, Jose.  You'd just look lost wearing a big tent.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

MBarnum

« Reply #72 on: November 15, 2007, 08:14:02 AM »

TOD:

THE LOST WEEKENED

COCAINE FIENDS

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #73 on: November 15, 2007, 08:16:06 AM »

Would have sent the other girl home on PR last night, but it really was a toss up there.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #74 on: November 15, 2007, 08:32:24 AM »

Good morning, all! Jo amd I were out of the house early to run errands, and we had a good time: the bank, the market, Goodwill to inquire about their taking the contents of Dad's house, and a trip to Dad's house to look for his naval uniform, which we found in the attic.  During a look around to remove some property, we found behind a group of old postage stamps the famous check for the loan my father made to the family business: $72,000!  Lady M claimed we'd never prove it existed, I believed she'd destroyed it while my dad was staying at the Macbeths', and I doubt M himself ever thought it would show up.  Randy, Jo, and I had looked for months, and two days after settling the debt over the Macbeths' protests, I now have in my possession the proof.  Since this matter is now officially signed and sealed, I can do nothing at this point but hold onto it and wait for my chance to throw it back in their faces.  

It's a curious document, dated July 1 2001, endorsed by Lady M, and my dad was figuring on the back of the canceled check just how much interest the Macbeths would owe him.  In the memo line next to the signature, Dad had written "loaned @ 6%."  Jo and I believe somehow my dad Bill Ed himself was guiding us today.  We sure miss him.

So, tonight I have dinner with my cousin Jennifer and her mother, my wonderful Aunt Ginny, and some musical work starting here starting now.

TOD:  Can't think of a thing.  Maybe later.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Ginny

« Reply #75 on: November 15, 2007, 08:36:00 AM »

DRGINNY reminds me of THE COUNTRY GIRL

But DR Ginny is a city girl, through and through!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #76 on: November 15, 2007, 08:45:11 AM »

Great story, DR ELMORE....and yes, I think he was too.  The perfect time and place will come to present it.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #77 on: November 15, 2007, 08:45:33 AM »

But DR Ginny is a city girl, through and through!

Okay, Grace.  ;D

singdaw

« Reply #78 on: November 15, 2007, 08:47:46 AM »

Wonderful, DR elmore3003!  :)

singdaw

« Reply #79 on: November 15, 2007, 08:48:29 AM »

CHOMPING AT THE BIT

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #80 on: November 15, 2007, 09:00:20 AM »

Hello, everyone.
Just caught up on the posts.

TOD:
TRAFFIK (the British version with Lindsey Duncan)

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #81 on: November 15, 2007, 09:01:24 AM »

GREAT NEWS FOR LARRY!

What pleasure you must have had in finding that check!
Kudos!

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #82 on: November 15, 2007, 09:02:08 AM »

BK,
Is the MYSTERY AND IMAGINATION book store that you mentioned the old BOOKFELLOWS?

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #83 on: November 15, 2007, 09:03:03 AM »

.  During a look around to remove some property, we found behind a group of old postage stamps the famous check for the loan my father made to the family business: $72,000!  Lady M claimed we'd never prove it existed, I believed she'd destroyed it while my dad was staying at the Macbeths', and I doubt M himself ever thought it would show up.  Randy, Jo, and I had looked for months, and two days after settling the debt over the Macbeths' protests, I now have in my possession the proof.  Since this matter is now officially signed and sealed, I can do nothing at this point but hold onto it and wait for my chance to throw it back in their faces.  

It's a curious document, dated July 1 2001, endorsed by Lady M, and my dad was figuring on the back of the canceled check just how much interest the Macbeths would owe him.  In the memo line next to the signature, Dad had written "loaned @ 6%."  Jo and I believe somehow my dad Bill Ed himself was guiding us today.  We sure miss him.

Another possibility:  Make copies for everyone who had been involved in the "proceedings/negotiations", have them notarized, and send the copies out "registered mail."  Include the the full list of those you mailed it to  in each mail-out (a "cc" list).

A nice little "dig"...and proof that someone was lying.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2007, 09:58:42 AM by Ron Pulliam »
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Jennifer

« Reply #84 on: November 15, 2007, 09:10:59 AM »

re: this week's eliminated contestant on DANCING WITH THE STARS

DR TCB wrote:
Jennifer, I think that is a little heartless.  George Osmond's funeral was held on November 9th.  On the 12th Marie was back competing.  Anyone who has lost a parent will tell you that three days after a funeral is not even the blink of an eye.  Also, today Marie's sixteen year old son entered rehab.  I doubt that his problem manifested itself overnight

I am sorry Marie's dad passed away I really am.. But i don't find what i wrote heartless.  I have not lost a parent. But I don't think that diminishes my compassion for her.

I would have felt bad if marie osmond had been eliminated the week she was not there (the day after she found out her dad died).

But there are only i think 5 celebs left in the competition. And marie is clearly the weakest. I don't think it's right that she stays on forever just becauser her father passed away. Jane seymour's mother passed away.  And i also felt very happy for her that she was safe that week.

But what happens next week for marie? IT will still only be a few days after her dad's funeral?  And i actually also wondered if it might have been better for her if she had been eliminated the day after her father passed away. IT would have given her time to spend with her family (instead of spending that time practicing).

I am sorry though if i offended you in any way.

singdaw

« Reply #85 on: November 15, 2007, 09:11:42 AM »

Ooh, DR Ron Pulliam...

I like the way you think!  :)

And remind me never to get on your "list"!

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #86 on: November 15, 2007, 09:21:13 AM »

And then I must write my self-evaluation for the folly of Performance Evaluations, a time-wasting effort in corporate silliness that is repeated year after year.

Our library system has instigated a new annual appraisal/evaluation system. :P Also, instead of having an evaluation during the anniversary month of your hire, everyone will have an evaluation sometime between October and December of each year.  My self-evaluation is due in the next couple of weeks. :-\
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #87 on: November 15, 2007, 09:23:06 AM »

Good morning, all! Jo amd I were out of the house early to run errands, and we had a good time: the bank, the market, Goodwill to inquire about their taking the contents of Dad's house, and a trip to Dad's house to look for his naval uniform, which we found in the attic.  During a look around to remove some property, we found behind a group of old postage stamps the famous check for the loan my father made to the family business: $72,000!  Lady M claimed we'd never prove it existed, I believed she'd destroyed it while my dad was staying at the Macbeths', and I doubt M himself ever thought it would show up.  Randy, Jo, and I had looked for months, and two days after settling the debt over the Macbeths' protests, I now have in my possession the proof.  Since this matter is now officially signed and sealed, I can do nothing at this point but hold onto it and wait for my chance to throw it back in their faces.  

Easy now,
Hush, love, hush
Don't distress yourself
What's the rush?
Keep your thoughts
Nice and lush...
Wait

;)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #88 on: November 15, 2007, 09:24:36 AM »

But I do like Ron Pulliam's, suggestion. :D

George

« Reply #89 on: November 15, 2007, 09:24:49 AM »

And since we're so close...
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9   Go Up