Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 14   Go Down

Author Topic: THE LOVELIER THAN LOVELY LAST WEEK OF NOVEMBER  (Read 36286 times)

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
Re:THE LOVELIER THAN LOVELY LAST WEEK OF NOVEMBER
« Reply #90 on: November 26, 2007, 09:07:13 AM »

My mother had a lot of country music which I was not big on.. I did not mind Patsy Cline but the others just did not interest me. She has a lot of vinyls in this genre.

My grandmother had a Lawrence Welk album and some Canadian Brass. After her and my grandfather moved from their apartment I inherited the Canadian brass albums. Good stuff.

I also have some polka music and a fairly old Chet Atkins vinyl. I would say  1950s.
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #91 on: November 26, 2007, 09:08:07 AM »

I have a very eclectic music collection...

I did forget my very, very first vinyl was a gift I got and it has children's songs.
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #92 on: November 26, 2007, 09:08:44 AM »

Good morning, good day, how are you this beautiful day?  I am up.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #93 on: November 26, 2007, 09:09:03 AM »

Most excellent vibes and xylophones to all who need them.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #94 on: November 26, 2007, 09:09:23 AM »

All this and page four, too.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #95 on: November 26, 2007, 09:10:17 AM »

I forgot to mention that I think starting with episode nineteen, David Duchovny joined Twin Peaks - don't know how long he's on it, but he's VERY amusing.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #96 on: November 26, 2007, 09:11:28 AM »

TOD

The only one that I can remember is a 45 I found while going through my records at my parents home last month.

It was by Chrystal Gayle & Garry Morris who sang the theme song for the old soap Another World at one point.

I have that episode where they sang it on the show...

However my audio tape that had the track has been eaten and destroyed by what i call the evil beast aka the tape player.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2007, 09:43:59 AM by DakotaCelt »

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #97 on: November 26, 2007, 09:13:39 AM »

There are boards out there that are just hateful and people who take joy in hurting others.  Not here, thank goodness.   HHW is an oasis in the desert  of cyberspace.

AMEN!!!

It is healthy insanity on this board.... :)

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #98 on: November 26, 2007, 09:19:46 AM »

Well forgive me for posting this song...

One song that cracks me up is: Mississippi Squirrel Revival by Ray Stevens and And the call him the Streak...

Song that make the stop....  Blown in the Wind, Stor Mo Chroi (there should be tick marks on the o and I but quick reply will not let me do it), Bridge over Troubled Water,  Amazing Grace
« Last Edit: November 26, 2007, 09:20:37 AM by DakotaCelt »

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #99 on: November 26, 2007, 09:21:36 AM »

Twin Peaks was a good show. I find it odd that it was never in re-runs like some other shows.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #100 on: November 26, 2007, 09:22:15 AM »

Another song  that puts a smile on my face is The CHicken Dance!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #101 on: November 26, 2007, 09:29:01 AM »

TOD

The only one that I can remember is a 45 I found while going through my records at my parents home last month.

It was by Chrystal Gayle & Garry Morris who sang the theme song for the old soap Another World at one point.

A few other songs related to the soaps..

The 1980s were big for songs that were on the soaps and then making it big on the charts. DOOL and Santa Barbara were known for using pop music for montages. One reason I suspect you will never see old eppies of Days and Santa Barbara on soapnet due to copyright relating to the songs.

Freinds and Lovers - Gloria Loring and Carl Anderson
Think of Laura - Christopher Cross
Tonight I Celebrate my Love - Roberta Flack
All I have - Beth Nielsen Chapman

and those are the ones I can think of right now. Many of the shows were notorious for using wrapup montages at the end of the week and it would have a pop song connected to them.

Other pop songs at the time included:
Broken Wings
Lady in Red

Always is also used a lot on a couple of shows
« Last Edit: November 26, 2007, 09:35:02 AM by DakotaCelt »

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #102 on: November 26, 2007, 09:30:19 AM »

HOlding out for a Hero by Bonnie Tyler was used on Days and then re-released on Footloose.

DaNiece

« Reply #103 on: November 26, 2007, 09:30:31 AM »

I'm thrilled that Debi is posting.  I just want to warn her to not expect the kind of people on other boards that you find here.  

There are boards out there that are just hateful and people who take joy in hurting others.  Not here, thank goodness.   HHW is an oasis in the desert  of cyberspace.

"Ive been through the desert on a horse with no name
It felt good to be out of the rain
In the desert you can remember your name
cause there aint no one for to give you no pain
La, la ..."

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #104 on: November 26, 2007, 09:30:55 AM »

and the most famous one.....

Nadia's Theme used for Young and the REstless

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #105 on: November 26, 2007, 09:31:37 AM »

I like that song DaNiece. America and Ambrosia had some good songs

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #106 on: November 26, 2007, 09:38:01 AM »

ANother fun song...

Lets Talk Dirty in Hawaiian...

DaNiece

« Reply #107 on: November 26, 2007, 09:39:44 AM »

My first two 45's were 'Brand New Me' and 'Sugar, Sugar'. My mom bought them for me.

I am a music and movie nut! Both of my boys are following in their mothers footsteps ... the oldest in movies (undecided field) and the youngest in music (recording).  We're just a little old creative family, aren't we?

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #108 on: November 26, 2007, 09:40:24 AM »

The first two 45 RPM records that I bought, at a dime store in Franklin, Indiana, when we were on some kind of trip to the country seat, were:

Roses are Red by Bobby Vinton
Vacation by Connie Francis

The first album I purchased was The Kirby Stone Four at a grocery store for eighty eight cents.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #109 on: November 26, 2007, 09:41:05 AM »

The Kirby Stone Four were not actually at the grocery store, but the record was.  

The next week I bought "James Hold the Ladder Steady" by Miss Sue Thompson.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

DaNiece

« Reply #110 on: November 26, 2007, 09:45:53 AM »

I am off work today and tomorrow. I'm trying very hard to clean and put up my holday decorations but this board is addictive.

I am taking the boys out for lunch, shopping and to the Steelers game at Heinz Field. I have on-field passes and tickets for the game and of course, the boys snatched them. I'll be watching the game from my Mom's couch. Go Steelers! It's raining and cold here--so I keep telling myself. The game should be sloppy. I don't know if anyone watches football but our family loves it.

Fingers crossed that the Steelers come to play tonight.....chow.

DaNiece

« Reply #111 on: November 26, 2007, 09:48:09 AM »

DR Danise, hope you feel better soon. I'm happy you're getting out the house today. Fresh air ....  

Ginny

« Reply #112 on: November 26, 2007, 09:48:31 AM »

TOD:

45s - Hello, Muddah, Hello Faddah by Allan Sherman and The Little Drummer Boy by The Harry Simeone Chorale.

Music that makes me cry - "They Were You" from The Fantasticks

Music that makes me smile - "Entr'Acte" from The Brain from Planet X
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #113 on: November 26, 2007, 09:48:59 AM »

As LPs waned, I transferred a few of my LPs that I really liked onto tape so I could listen to them more easily and save on the vinlyl.

I can even claim that I have a Tom Jones album, some Beattles, GoGos, and various groups from the 1980s. I can safely admit that I never owned a Michael Jackson album. I liked a couple of his songs at the time but was never a fan. I prefer his sister Janet.

« Last Edit: November 26, 2007, 09:52:50 AM by DakotaCelt »

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #114 on: November 26, 2007, 09:49:13 AM »

Working on some lyric fixes.  I do enjoy that sort of thing.

DaNiece

« Reply #115 on: November 26, 2007, 09:49:14 AM »

Sad song - "Honey" and "With Pen in Hand" by Bobby Goldsboro. It reminds me of my parents.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #116 on: November 26, 2007, 09:50:41 AM »

I am off work today and tomorrow. I'm trying very hard to clean and put up my holday decorations but this board is addictive.

Addictive..... YEP!!!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #117 on: November 26, 2007, 09:51:24 AM »

STupid question.... Who is Bobby Goldsboro?

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #118 on: November 26, 2007, 09:53:44 AM »

Can't go rollerskating in a buffalo herd...

You can if you want to...

DaNiece

« Reply #119 on: November 26, 2007, 09:54:17 AM »

The first two 45 RPM records that I bought, at a dime store in Franklin, Indiana, when we were on some kind of trip to the country seat, were:

Roses are Red by Bobby Vinton
Vacation by Connie Francis

The first album I purchased was The Kirby Stone Four at a grocery store for eighty eight cents.

I forgot about 'Roses are Red' ... wonderful song ... and 'Mr. Lonely'.  :'(
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 14   Go Up