Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 15   Go Down

Author Topic: THE BK STRIKE  (Read 33550 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
THE BK STRIKE
« on: November 29, 2007, 12:41:51 AM »

Well, you've read the notes, the notes were pro-management and pro-union, and now it is time for you to post until the striking cows come home.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2007, 12:27:28 AM by bk »

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re:THE BK STRIKE
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2007, 12:43:30 AM »

And the word of the day is: GADZOOKERY!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2007, 12:44:02 AM »

I think I saw one of the picketing down the street...
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2007, 12:44:53 AM »

I'm picketing my nose.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2007, 12:45:07 AM »

I'm not quite ready to sleep yet.

Adriana Patti

• The best is yet to come!
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2007, 12:45:24 AM »

The Lone Picketer
"If we did the things we are capable of doing, we would literally astound ourselves."
-Thomas Edison

Adriana Patti

• The best is yet to come!
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2007, 12:46:00 AM »

I am tired, and full from my yummy Genghis Cohen dinner
"If we did the things we are capable of doing, we would literally astound ourselves."
-Thomas Edison

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2007, 12:57:59 AM »

I am tired and full from two bagels and no yummy Genghis Cohen dinner.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2007, 12:58:50 AM »

To bed or not to bed, that is the question.

Ben

« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2007, 04:24:12 AM »

Nothing between 3:58 and 7:16!

Ben

« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2007, 04:24:27 AM »

I'm going by my clock not the HHW clock.

Ben

« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2007, 04:27:06 AM »

Half a day. A meeting at 10 and at noon it's time to go. I'm doing laundry and then later this eveing we will venture back to Chelsea Cinemas to see A Star is Born (the Garland version) with a pre-show by the lovely and green (green before Wicked) Hedda Lettuce.

They will probably be showing the film via DVD (the last time we went to a movie there we saw The Poseidon Adventure and it was from DVD) but Anthony, despite his enjoyment of Miss Garland, has never seen ASIB on the big screen.

Ben

« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2007, 04:29:04 AM »

I was hoping that final pages for my project would be on my desk when I arrived this morning. Silly me. Well, if I don't finish by noon the project moves up the ladder, actually, to my supervisor. Scheduling in pre-pub pushed the project around and it got behind. I'm usually finished by now and the final dotting of Is and crossing of Ts is a short process but this has dragged on longer than necessary.

Ben

« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2007, 04:29:36 AM »

And on that note I will retire to another part of cyberspace for a while.

Later, gaters.

Elan

• Smiling from heir to heir...
    • efrex: confessions of an orthodox jewish straight theatre queen
« Reply #14 on: November 29, 2007, 04:43:54 AM »

Sorry to hear about  the sound issues at the show, bk. This has been a routine complaint of mine for a decade, and it only seems to be getting worse. I think the iPod-wearing crowd has just shot their hearing completely to heck, and can only hear sounds blasted at Cape Canaveral type levels.

I saw Eden Espinoza as Elphaba on Broadway lo these many years ago, and enjoyed her tremendously, but it can't possibly be easy to maintain an interesting take on that role for years on end (somebody write the woman a better show than "B'klyn," fer-cryin'-out-loud!)

TOD:
Musical seen the most times: "Rent," 15.5 times (second-acted the show once), although I don't think I've been to the Nederlander in 7 years.
Movie: Rocky Horror Picture Show - some 100+ times. Don't you dare judge me, I owe my marriage to that movie!
Straight play: "Cymbeline" at the Pearl Theatre - six or seven times in full, and first or second act probably another five or six times (I was interning there at the time, and was completely in love with the show)

*sigh* "but I was young and stupid then, I'm old and stupid now" - TMBG

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #15 on: November 29, 2007, 04:46:53 AM »

Good morning, all!  Snother day of writing, and this will occupy mos of my life through Monday, I would guess.  This last men's chorus chart is endless or seems so; it's 13 minutes long, which is a lot of bars of music.

TOD:
  When the film TOM JONES was released in 1964, I saw it every night during its week-long run.
  6 performances of  the original cast of SWEENEY TODD including the final performance of Cariou and Lansbury, which was quite an event.
  Every performance (5-7 performances) of the City Opera production of Britten's PAUL BUNYAN, still one of the most brilliant productions I've ever seen.  The tv broadcast badly screwed it up and I've never forgiven PBS and City Opera for their lousy attempt to be adventurous with the backstage cameras.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Ben

« Reply #16 on: November 29, 2007, 05:04:53 AM »

I've seen Sweeney a number of times many with Cariou and Lansbury but also with Hearn and Lansbury and other casts. I have also seen many professional productions of Gypsy and Forum.

In 1982 when Torch Song Trilogy was running on Broadway Equity had free tickets quite frequently. I was just back in town after a 6 month road tour with Sesame Street Live. I was unemployed and living in a sublet on E. 65th Street. I went to Equity every day and I saw Torch Song probably 15 times that summer. I also saw Blues in the Night at least 5 times (again with free tickets from Equity). It was playing at the long gone Rialto Theatre which was a smaller space at 1481 Broadway between 42nd and 43rd Streets. It had Jean Dushon, Debbie Shapiro (before she added the Gravitte), Leslie Uggams and Charles Coleman. I loved the show but it was not a success.

Before it was the Rialto Theatre it was the site of Hammerstein's Victoria Theatre. In 1916 the Victoria was demolished and replaced by a movie theatre called the Rialto. In 1935, that theatre was torn down and a new structure was built on the site, featuring a smaller Rialto as well as shops, offices, and a TV studio that later housed Geraldo Rivera and Montel Williams' programs. By the '70s, it was operating as an adult film house. In February of 1980, it became a legit house. In 2002, it was demolished. Another loss of Broadway and entertainment history.

Ben

« Reply #17 on: November 29, 2007, 05:08:20 AM »

I saw the film version of West Side Story many, many, many (that's 3 manys) times as a teenager. I LOVED that movie. I wanted to be a Jet and dance with Eliot Feld. He was an early movie crush though I don't know how many movies he made after WSS. I still see him in my neighborhood. His dance company/teaching facility Ballet Tech is still operating in New York.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #18 on: November 29, 2007, 05:14:45 AM »

I saw the film version of West Side Story many, many, many (that's 3 manys) times as a teenager. I LOVED that movie. I wanted to be a Jet and dance with Eliot Feld. He was an early movie crush though I don't know how many movies he made after WSS. I still see him in my neighborhood. His dance company/teaching facility Ballet Tech is still operating in New York.

What part did Eliot Feld play in the film, Ben?
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

singdaw

« Reply #19 on: November 29, 2007, 05:18:12 AM »

Messy prophets?  Strawberries n' Cream Coke?  What is this world coming to?

singdaw

« Reply #20 on: November 29, 2007, 05:18:53 AM »

WOD:  Golly, what a great word!  :)

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #21 on: November 29, 2007, 05:20:44 AM »

Never mind, Ben, I looked it up (which I should have done in the first place).  He played Baby John.  There were a lot of the dancers in that film that left a lasting impression on my youth.  However, I never fantasized that I was dancing with any of them.

« Last Edit: November 29, 2007, 05:32:53 AM by TCB »
“One thing’s universal,

singdaw

« Reply #22 on: November 29, 2007, 05:23:55 AM »

TOD:
Film: The Wizard of Oz, with Harold & Maude coming in second.
Stage Musical: I think it's a tie between the original productions of Sweeney Todd and Into the Woods.  I think I saw each three times.

Ben

« Reply #23 on: November 29, 2007, 05:28:18 AM »

Ah, yes. The Wizard of Oz, though it was a long time before I saw it without commercials. We watched it on television every year.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #24 on: November 29, 2007, 05:28:35 AM »

What part did Eliot Feld play in the film, Ben?

Baby John, IIRC.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Ben

« Reply #25 on: November 29, 2007, 05:29:24 AM »

Mornin' gang.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #26 on: November 29, 2007, 05:30:21 AM »

Is it only my computer that is having problems with Danise's avatar?  The bottom half of it flashes, goes black, and then flashes again.  I don't see that on Dakota's, George's, or mine.
“One thing’s universal,

singdaw

« Reply #27 on: November 29, 2007, 05:30:31 AM »

Five gays guys in a room bitching...

singdaw

« Reply #28 on: November 29, 2007, 05:31:11 AM »

DR Danise is just flashing you, DR TCB...

Ben

« Reply #29 on: November 29, 2007, 05:32:47 AM »

Five gays guys in a room bitching...

So what crime should we plot
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 15   Go Up