Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 13   Go Down

Author Topic: EVELYN WOOD  (Read 35038 times)

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
Re:EVELYN WOOD
« Reply #90 on: January 15, 2008, 09:57:34 AM »

I liked the original movie version of hte Producers but the remake was not as good
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #91 on: January 15, 2008, 09:59:34 AM »

We need to recruit a DR named Sally, so that we can re-create Follies EVERY morning!   :D

You're absolutely right, DR sallyforth....!  :D
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #92 on: January 15, 2008, 10:01:07 AM »

I concur with Matt on GUYS AND DOLLS, esp on Sinatra. I knew the show from the Bluth Bros production and was aghast when I saw the film.

AS was I....and frankly agape that it was directed by Joe Mankiewicz.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #93 on: January 15, 2008, 10:02:58 AM »

I'd love to see a re-do of "Bye, Bye Birdie" with original score intact.

And not anything remotely like that horrendous TV botch with Jason Alexander.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #94 on: January 15, 2008, 10:04:03 AM »

And "Annie" could be done extremely well if someone really WANTED to do it properly.  John Huston didn't have a clue, any more than did Richard Attenborough with "A  Chorus Line."

It seems the bigger or more prestigious the show, the more botched the film version.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #95 on: January 15, 2008, 10:12:33 AM »

My morning appointment with the endodontist went well.  He was replacing the build-up material he put in on Dec. 10.  He told me last month that he would need to do this before I could go back to my dentist because the build-up material showed, in the X-ray, signs of blood contamination (from the gum sawing he did!!!) and that the build-up is what my dentist will place the crown over.  He wanted this material to be pure and properly formed.

So....he worked on me for about 35 minutes....I was properly numbed (he'd asked me before starting if I wanted to forego numbing....NO WAY, JOSE!).  It's a good thing, too, because he needed to notch some bone and do a slight bit of cauterizing.

Needless to say, it "sounds" worse than it was.  The "taste", though, is unpleasant...and the numbing is wearing off.  

Ginny

« Reply #96 on: January 15, 2008, 10:13:09 AM »

Time to meet the seminarians for lunch.

Bye for now!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #97 on: January 15, 2008, 10:15:07 AM »

I'm in the office with only one other co-worker right now...and it's the one who threw the hissy huff yesterday.

She's in "a state" this morning, too, even though we had a normal afternoon yesterday.  She's apparently worked herself into this "state" with more fervid imaginings. Am waiting for the made-up mind-reading statements to spew forth at any given moment.

singdaw

« Reply #98 on: January 15, 2008, 10:22:42 AM »

Am waiting for the made-up mind-reading statements to spew forth at any given moment.

Sounds like a good time...

;)

singdaw

« Reply #99 on: January 15, 2008, 10:24:01 AM »

...and the numbing is wearing off.

Glad you got through the ordeal OK, DR Ron Pulliam.

Do your lips feel large?

Are you drooling uncontrollably?

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #100 on: January 15, 2008, 10:30:25 AM »

I rather like the orignal film version of ANNIE and I did not care for the telly remake in 1999.

The singing seemed better in the original. The second version did have some nice moments but I just felt it not as true to the original.
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #101 on: January 15, 2008, 10:31:04 AM »

I have liked Maeve Binchy for years and I have read a number of her books. She is a delightful writer.

A number of years ago we had the good chance to spend a few nights in Dublin.  On our one tour out of the city our bus took us past her home in the charming town she lives in (can't remember the name now).

I believe the last time I read one of her books I purchased it in Ireland.  Maybe it is time to pick up another one to read.  Any suggestions?

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #102 on: January 15, 2008, 10:31:14 AM »

((Ron))

Jane

« Reply #103 on: January 15, 2008, 10:31:39 AM »

Thanks, Jane.  When the sun comes out (which they day will be later to day), I'll take some pictures.

Photos- :)

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #104 on: January 15, 2008, 10:31:58 AM »

Sadly, RLP, there are a couple of people I work with who are like that at the library... You never know when they are going to be set off.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #105 on: January 15, 2008, 10:38:15 AM »

A number of years ago we had the good chance to spend a few nights in Dublin.  On our one tour out of the city our bus took us past her home in the charming town she lives in (can't remember the name now).

I believe the last time I read one of her books I purchased it in Ireland.  Maybe it is time to pick up another one to read.  Any suggestions?

That is neat. I just got done re-reading Circle of Freinds. I had not read that for a long time and I picked up when I was up at my mothers. I also like The Copper Kettle.

I ahve actually met Cecelia Ahern. When my freind Maureen and I were in the Twin Cities a few years back to see the Chieftains, we went to Irish on Grand. We were roaming around and I bought her book, PS, Love you. It had just been released in the US and she was there for a book signing.  We chatted for a short amount of time with her. She was doing a book signing later in the day at Barnes and Noble.  It is an couple from Ireland who own Irish on Grand and it has some wonderful little gems in it.

Many years ago on Prodigy Classic, Anne McCaffrey sanctioned a role playing game based on her books and I even got an email from her. I had a dragon named Chieftainth....

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #106 on: January 15, 2008, 10:39:23 AM »

In Anne's books, all her dragon names end in TH...

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #107 on: January 15, 2008, 10:40:24 AM »

Glad you got through the ordeal OK, DR Ron Pulliam.

Do your lips feel large?

Are you drooling uncontrollably?

Are you getting excited?

Well get over it.  I'm doing NONE of those things!

Harrumph!

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #108 on: January 15, 2008, 10:40:54 AM »

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #109 on: January 15, 2008, 10:42:37 AM »

I rather like the orignal film version of ANNIE and I did not care for the telly remake in 1999.

The singing seemed better in the original. The second version did have some nice moments but I just felt it not as true to the original.

Despite the casting oddities of the Disney-produced television film, I thought it far more faithful to the original score...but it stopped short of being what it "should" have been.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #110 on: January 15, 2008, 10:49:11 AM »

Let's start with the positive part of the day: my IRS situation is good, I've overpaid, and all is well.

For the past week, I've been having the feeling that there have been critters in my bed, like thinking that a bug just crawled over your leg kinda thing.  So, this morning at 5 am, something appeared to be crawling on my ear, and I killed it.  I turned on the lights to check and there were 4 or 5 bedbugs in my bed.  At first I thought they were roaches, then I paniced and thought they were ticks, but no, they were bedbugs, and I suddenly have an infestation.  Between 5:30 and 9:30 I did eight loads of laundry in my basement laundry room and the laundromat down the street, I damn near asphyxiated myself spraying the mattress with pesticide.  I threw out all my pillows, and called the landlord.

I ran into a 5th floor neighbor and asked her if she'd heard anything about a vermin problem, and she said she'd heard several neighbors had been complaining about bedbugs.  I recently read an article about it being a Manhattan problem at the moment, so I'm wondering now if the flurry of nocturnal activity from my neighbor several days ago was the same thing.  Anyway, I expect this to be a nightmare for the next couple of weeks.  Much as I like him and his dog, I'm wondering if the dog brought them into the building or if they're wondering from floor to floor looking for a good home.  Hopefully, they won't find it here.

DR Jose, Friday's good, too.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2008, 10:50:13 AM by elmore3003 »
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Jane

« Reply #111 on: January 15, 2008, 10:50:22 AM »

That is neat. I just got done re-reading Circle of Freinds. I had not read that for a long time and I picked up when I was up at my mothers. I also like The Copper Kettle.

Might you mean The Copper Beach?
http://www.maevebinchy.com/

Jane

« Reply #112 on: January 15, 2008, 10:55:13 AM »

DR elmore-yuck and I'm sorry.  

I don't believe your neighbor's dog is the cause of this....."The common bedbug (Cimex lectularius) is the best adapted to human environments."

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #113 on: January 15, 2008, 10:56:13 AM »

BK -- there is a "fellow" calling himself "CharlieIves" who has a thread over at FSM that is a diatribe against many folks who participate in the forum because they give him a hard time and challenge him at every turn.

There is no user history for said CharlieIves.  It's not a renamed entity as a search yields zero posts by him.

Check it out and see if there are any clues you can grok from it.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2008, 11:10:12 AM by Ron Pulliam »

Jane

« Reply #114 on: January 15, 2008, 10:58:20 AM »

This site might be helpful, doesn't hurt for anyone to read it...just in case.  

http://www.hsph.harvard.edu/bedbugs/

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #115 on: January 15, 2008, 11:00:26 AM »

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%][size=8]~~~~~Vibes to DR Elmore3003~~~~~[/size][/move]

(And don't let the bedbugs bite!)

Jennifer

« Reply #116 on: January 15, 2008, 11:01:25 AM »

RE: monday night's MEDIUM

SPOILERS

For some reason the Canadian channel broadcast this on Sunday night. I wonder if they will continue to do so.

Anyhow, I loved this episode.

I usually enjoy the shows with the kids (i find the 2 oldest to be very good). And although it was a bit odd that they did not even show the other kids, i thought the older daughter did great.

I really had no idea how the child's dreams were going to affect the case Alison was working on (i didn't even really realize they were related at all till closer to the end).

But i loved how ariel got involved in alison's real childhood.

And all the stuff with the policeman was very good. I think having him be such a good cop when he saw the group of kids outside the concert, totally threw me off the trail.

Very good episode!
« Last Edit: January 15, 2008, 11:03:45 AM by Jennifer »

Jane

« Reply #117 on: January 15, 2008, 11:05:00 AM »

Years ago when the boys were young, the three of us got lice.  I wrapped everything I could in plastic bags & left the bags sealed for weeks.  elmore, I really feel for you.

singdaw

« Reply #118 on: January 15, 2008, 11:12:46 AM »

I saw that, DR RLP!!!  ;D

I was going to ask:  where?   ;)

singdaw

« Reply #119 on: January 15, 2008, 11:13:22 AM »

DR elmore3003.  I am truly sorry for you.  I had read that it was a recent and huge problem in Manhattan.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 13   Go Up