Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down

Author Topic: NEW EVERYTHING  (Read 21599 times)

td

• td
Re:NEW EVERYTHING
« Reply #120 on: February 01, 2004, 09:15:54 PM »

http://rondoaward.com/

I just heard from David Colton, founder of The Rondo Awards; he says that the winners will be announced on February 14th; that means that all you dear readers who haven't voted yet, still have time to make Richard Valley and BK's splendiforous JEEPERS CREEPERS the recipient of the Rondo Award for CD OF THE YEAR!

If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

td

• td
« Reply #121 on: February 01, 2004, 09:18:14 PM »

Well, if nothing else, I got to start Page Five!

ONLY PAGE FIVE!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #122 on: February 01, 2004, 09:25:45 PM »

Was there a game today?
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #123 on: February 01, 2004, 09:27:01 PM »

RE: Survivor All-Stars - Very interesting.  I don't envy any of them.  No fire.  No water.  Food - ???

RE: The Super Bowl - I missed the half-time show - and, thus missed the mishap between Justin Timberlake and Miss Janet Jackson.  I guess CBS will no longer plan any more surprise appearances at their half-time shows.

I also missed the winning field goal.  I had just tuned in and figured it wasn't going to go through the posts, so I changed the channel.  I was expecting the game to go into OT.  Oops, my bad.  -And DR MattH - Having worked with many Charlotte-ans ;-) I can understand your civic pride.  And having been down in Charlotte during a Panthers game, I have to say that the Panthers fans are some of the politest fans I've ever been around.

Well, I'm kind of beat... and want to get up early to take care of my car and my cell phone and my snail mail and my music files and my kitchen and my bedroom and my so on and so forth...

Goodnight (... for now at least)
Make Your Own Luck.

Jennifer

« Reply #124 on: February 01, 2004, 09:32:37 PM »

OMG that was a GREAT football game.  I actually watched Trading Spaces Family and only started watching with about one minute left in the second half.  My sis then called and said that she won 25 dollars. Because her husband had 8 guy friends over to watch the game (their cable system gets the commercials) and they all pulled numbers (scores) out of a hat. So my sis had Pats winning with a 4, over Carolina 0. So they check the scores after each quarter. And since the halftime score was 14-10 (ending in 4 and 0) she won 25 bucks.

The funny thing was you keep the same numbers throughout the whole game. So since the score after the 3rd quarter was the same, she won another 25 bucks.

I knew she would call back. She and her hubby love the Pats and although she wanted them to score the touchdown (they were very close with seconds left in the 3rd). She was screaming at the tv for them to hold on 5 more seconds. And the guy who had the numbers 1-0 (it would have been 21-10) was screaming for them to score.  I knew they'd score at the beginning of the 4th :)

But wow, what a comeback.

But I was happy the Pats won. And happy Survivor was able to start.

Jennifer

« Reply #125 on: February 01, 2004, 09:37:39 PM »

DR Jose: YOU mean Justin pulling down Janet's shirt and exposing her breast was not planned? :)

Okay, I'm pretty sure Survivor was shown right after the Superbowl on all coasts. But if by some chance you did not see it, DO NOT READ THE REST OF MY POST.

I loved it. Even though it was what I expected, it was still so great to see all the past winners and contestants. And Colby has always been my favorite.

The most interesting part IMO, was how Rupert held all the cards. Ethan's offer to go with him and Tina was unexpected. And I think Ethan made a valid point. Everyone has seen how E and T play the game and  people see they can trust them. Ethan is strong. And in the end, nobody would vote for him. I sort of wonder how close Rupert was to aligning with them. I actually think that that is the route I would have taken.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2004, 09:43:58 PM by Jennifer »

MusicGuy

• ...at an audition to accompany Guy Haines...
« Reply #126 on: February 01, 2004, 09:40:26 PM »

Good evening to all the lovely DRs......I hope the day brought you all much happiness.  

And a wonderful evening to dear, esteemed, and guapo BK.

I am going to add my own personal wishes to our Birthday boy, the immensely talented DR Kerry!

And a happy B'day to Donald also.

MusicGuy

• ...at an audition to accompany Guy Haines...
« Reply #127 on: February 01, 2004, 09:42:34 PM »

For DR Laura,

I will hold a special thought and prayer for you tonight, in loving memory of Roxie.  I have to know that she is at a better place, feeling free of any discomfort, and I like to think romping and playing with Doris and Mazal.

My thoughts are with you.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #128 on: February 01, 2004, 09:49:35 PM »

Well, hopefully between now and midnight we'll have the eight measly posts it will take not to achieve a new low.

I just got back from Mr. Grant Geissman's house and I am happy to report we have begun work on the Kritzer Time CD, about which more in tomorrow's notes.  I'm fairly certain that it will be ready in time to ship with the book's ordered from this here website.

SwishySarah

• Swish On!
« Reply #129 on: February 01, 2004, 09:58:32 PM »

I only skimmed today's posts because I was in a bit of a rush, but I cannot believe I forgot to say 3 very important things:

1) Happy Birthday Donald!!!
2) Happy Birthday Kerry!!!
3) Laura, I am so sorry for your loss. Losing animals can be so painful.
...Walk in the sunshine...

SwishySarah

• Swish On!
« Reply #130 on: February 01, 2004, 10:00:42 PM »

And here's another post for Bruce, because a new low would be unSEEMly.

"It's a silly thing to think of, to dwell on at all. But when I'm alone, and I'm missing you, how I love to think of, and recall Chinese Food in bed..."

That happens to be the best line in the song, IMO.

Bonsoir.
...Walk in the sunshine...

Jed

« Reply #131 on: February 01, 2004, 10:12:31 PM »

Alright, Swishy, you win. :)  Hell of a game.  And you know it would've been a whole 'nother story if not for that fershluganah Carolina kicker!!!
I sat beside the class clown... and I studied him

Jay

• This is the face of a voracious aficionado
« Reply #132 on: February 01, 2004, 10:16:24 PM »

Who needs football when there's great opera to be seen and heard?  Turandot was wonderful.  Fine singing, thoughtful direction and a gorgeous production.  Dear Reader der Brucer has already directed you to the San Diego Opera website, which offers some glimpses of the singers and the costumes and scenery.  Lot of red.  Chinese red, actually, which couldn't be more appropriate.  Obligatory stairways.  Exaggerated perspective, which added tremendous depth to the staging and reminded me of some of Mr. Hockney's "travelogue" paintings.  There was a bit of a cartoonish aspect to some of the sets, which also is quite appropriate, as there is a commedia del'arte element in several  scenes in the opera.

Mr. Hockney will be designing the sets for the L.A. Opera production this spring of Richard Strauss' Die Frau Ohne Schatten ("The Woman Without a Shadow") and no, she is of no relation to Peter Pan.  I am looking forward to seeing that.
You cannot change the past but you certainly can shape the future.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #133 on: February 01, 2004, 10:16:32 PM »

Let me first say the "The Rainmaker/Rain Maker" was quite good.  The guy playing Starbuck was also good, but he had a tendency to "pose" for effect but overdid it, so the effect was lost.  Otherwise all of the actors were quite good.  The woman playing Lizzie was not plain, but she wasn't beautiful by contemporary standards.  She was attractive in the way that I think Meryl Streep is...if that makes sense.  The set was very good.  Harlequin's shows always have great sets.  It was quite touching and intimate.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Tomovoz

« Reply #134 on: February 01, 2004, 10:16:46 PM »

A measly post here from OZ. I am listening to the wonderful Jerry Hadley's "The World Is Beautiful". I guess now that the OZ Tennis open is over, Guy can spare the time to record a few more tracks for you BK.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Panni

• What are men for -- if not to amuse a woman!
« Reply #135 on: February 01, 2004, 10:17:52 PM »

I'll add a post to avoid the all-time low.

Tomovoz

« Reply #136 on: February 01, 2004, 10:21:25 PM »

And speaking of Making Rain DR George, February is the start of our school year and it is usually 110 In the Shade. It has been cool and raining here for days. I am sure the rain is not supposed to fall until after sundown. I must speak to Panni and see what is happening on nearby clouds. Wild parties in Heaven with something called a "Green Card" seem to be the major fun events of the week. Will someone take the time to turn off the rain tap. I can't reach it from here.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Panni

« Reply #137 on: February 01, 2004, 10:21:35 PM »

Glad to hear the football AND the opera were good. What a diverse group here at HHW!

Panni

« Reply #138 on: February 01, 2004, 10:24:26 PM »

Sorry to disappoint, but things are quiet on this cloud, Tomovoz. No wild parties at the moment. But the week is young. For now, good-night, all.

George

« Reply #139 on: February 01, 2004, 10:30:40 PM »

After the show, I went out to dinner with my parents, my sister, her boyfriend and my niece.  My sister's boyfriend paid.  Won't pass up free food!  We went to Applebee's and it was practically empty.  I wonder why! ::)  I had the chicken-fried chicken with mashed potatoes and instead of the mixed vegetables that usually come with it, I had extra mashed potatoes.  VERY good!  After dinner we all went to my parents' house for apple pie and some kind of Ben and Jerry's ice cream with pecans.  That was also very good!  Then I came home and now I've read the posts up to this moment and am having a mini-personal-posting frenzy.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #140 on: February 01, 2004, 10:36:55 PM »

And today will not set a new low for the number of posts...so that's a good thing. :)

George

« Reply #141 on: February 01, 2004, 10:37:56 PM »

But I'm real tired (and a lot of food isn't keeping me awake, either), so I'm going say goodnight..."Goodnight."  Will there be chat tomorrow?
« Last Edit: February 01, 2004, 10:38:25 PM by George »

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #142 on: February 01, 2004, 10:54:26 PM »

I was going to post from my hotel room but I forgot my Power cord and my battery was dead.

That's what happened on my honeymoon!
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Tomovoz

« Reply #143 on: February 01, 2004, 11:01:39 PM »

And that is today's prize winning funniest comment TCB.  Maybe you'll get the prize in 2005.
James Thurber 1957

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #144 on: February 01, 2004, 11:17:45 PM »

And I don't want the day's postings to end before I have a chance to say:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, DR KERRY!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, DEAR DONALD!

DR Laura:  My heartfelt sympathies on your loss.[/size]
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up