Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9   Go Down

Author Topic: PING-PONG  (Read 31549 times)

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
Re:PING-PONG
« Reply #30 on: February 22, 2008, 07:17:41 AM »

Too many connections!
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #31 on: February 22, 2008, 07:18:50 AM »

Good morning!

Cold and rainy and miserable here. Not getting out of the 40s, and just a gloomy, stark winter day. Yuck!
« Last Edit: February 22, 2008, 07:19:08 AM by Matt H. »
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #32 on: February 22, 2008, 07:20:17 AM »

DAMAGES will get more and more convoluted, DR Jennifer, but the payoff is definitely worth it. Glenn Close and Ted Danson do such superb work in the show! I expect them both to earn Emmy nominations.

Matt H.

« Reply #33 on: February 22, 2008, 07:21:40 AM »

TV Reminder:

Only the season finale of MONK is a new episode tonight.

BTW, MONK has been renewed for a seventh season, but the press release hinted that this may be the last one for the show even though its ratings continue to be among the highest on USA network.

Jennifer

« Reply #34 on: February 22, 2008, 07:21:40 AM »

RE: last night's LOST

SPOILERS

I have not had a chance yet to read anybody else's thoughts.

But another great show.

I love how they give us clues (kate talking to claire about how she's not good with babies).  I mean we knew that kate was not in jail (since they showed the flashforward with her and jack last season. But how interesting to see her case. I really thought that considering all they'd been through that the charges had just been dropped.

So they are saying there were 8 people rescued. Does that include the oceanic 6 (kate, jack, sayid, hurley) and then ben and baby.

I thought they were gonna tell us who another of the oceanic 6 is (unless the baby is counted as one).

It was so interesting to me when kate and jack were talking about the baby. First i thought it was sawyers. Then i thought that maybe it was jacks but too painful. Then i remember kate saying she wasn't pregnant (with sawyer) and wondering if maybe she couldn't have kids.

As soon as i saw the blonde baby i knew. But i think they wanted us to see blonde and think sawyer. Very good reveal at the end. Enjoyed that very much!

Edisaurus

« Reply #35 on: February 22, 2008, 07:22:53 AM »

Good morning. Dear Readers! It's still cold and rainy here, but again---happy to have it!
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Matt H.

« Reply #36 on: February 22, 2008, 07:23:53 AM »

Friday Media Check:

CD - PORGY & BESS (original soundtrack)

DVD - INTO THE WILD
          THINGS WE LOST IN THE FIRE
          DAN IN REAL LIFE (Blu-ray)
          MEET JOE BLACK (HD-DVD)

DVR - last night's SUPERNATURAL
          PBS' COMPANY

Matt H.

« Reply #37 on: February 22, 2008, 07:26:00 AM »

I spent this morning watching the remainder of the bonus features on the HUMAN GIANT DVD set. It is a very funny show, and the three comedians who front it have such engaging personalities that they're just fun to watch even when jokes fall flat or sketches don't work.

Fun show.

Jennifer

« Reply #38 on: February 22, 2008, 07:26:20 AM »

Oh btw, i watched the first 1 1/2 hours of COMPANY and we did have bleeps here.

So far i noticed on "Ladies Who Lunch" they said, Jesus bleep. And on "You could Drive a Person Crazy", something was bleeped. But i could not hear the words.

Kerry

« Reply #39 on: February 22, 2008, 07:30:51 AM »

Hello.  I've been busy this week and have thus been errant and truant, but I still love you all.  I'll be back later......
I like boat races.

Jennifer

« Reply #40 on: February 22, 2008, 07:37:48 AM »

RE: last night's AMERICAN IDOL results

SPOILERS

I can't say that i am surprised. the kiss of death on idol at this stage is 1)simon saying you suck and 2) not having been seen before.

If you have both of these then you are usually done.

Interestingly enough if you have #2 but simon praises you a lot (that guy with the long hair that went near the end) then you do stand a chance.

But really you can do badly and yet if you had a lot of promotion you will do okay.

I knew when that rocker chick was up there that she would not go. They showed her a lot!

singdaw

« Reply #41 on: February 22, 2008, 07:47:39 AM »

I wanna be a "rocker chick"!

Edisaurus

« Reply #42 on: February 22, 2008, 07:49:16 AM »

My Dad used to call ping pong "gnip gnop", which seems more appropo to the sounds made when playing it.

MBarnum

« Reply #43 on: February 22, 2008, 07:49:20 AM »

BK, I am glad you enjoyed YOUNG SAVAGES, which features my interviewee Jody Fair. I recorded it off of TCM some months back for her, but have not yet watched it myself.

MBarnum

« Reply #44 on: February 22, 2008, 07:51:21 AM »

TOD:

CD:
Soundtrack to the upcoming Bollywood film RACE.

DVD:
Episodes of the 1960s TV series HERE COME THE BRIDES, due to an soon to occur interview.

DVR:
SURVIVOR and BIG BROTHER

Jennifer

« Reply #45 on: February 22, 2008, 07:58:12 AM »

I am really enjoying ELI STONE.

Ginny

« Reply #46 on: February 22, 2008, 08:09:20 AM »

Whew!  I made it to work with no problems driving.  Walking the block and a half from my car, though, was another story.  The sidewalks have been plowed but not salted, so they're like skating rinks.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Matt H.

« Reply #47 on: February 22, 2008, 08:11:49 AM »

I'm heading down now to get cleaned up to run my usual Friday errands. Then, at 1 p.m., I'm meeting my friend Hal for lunch.

WBBL.

singdaw

« Reply #48 on: February 22, 2008, 08:11:59 AM »

DR Ginny - I'm rooting for you to land that triple axel!!!   :)

singdaw

« Reply #49 on: February 22, 2008, 08:15:59 AM »

I attended an informative seminar yesterday on Credit History/Credit Scoring and Identity Theft.

I have two pretty good handouts, one a PowerPoint presentation and one a .pdf booklet on obtaining, maintaining, improving, correcting, and protecting your credit history and scores, as well as information on identity theft.

The attachments are rather large, however, they contain some good information and site links.  If anyone is at all interested, shoot me an email and I'll be happy to share the information with you.

Ben

« Reply #50 on: February 22, 2008, 08:16:16 AM »

The Annual STAGE benefit concert sounds like fun this year

Partial Promise

singdaw

« Reply #51 on: February 22, 2008, 08:17:57 AM »

have thus been errant and truant, but I still love you all.  I'll be back later......

Why DR Kerry...

You dream maker!
You heart-breaker!

:)

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #52 on: February 22, 2008, 08:24:52 AM »

[size=8] 'LOST' SPOILAGE Continued...[/size]

RE: last night's LOST

SPOILERS

I love how they give us clues (kate talking to claire about how she's not good with babies).  I mean we knew that kate was not in jail (since they showed the flashforward with her and jack last season. But how interesting to see her case. I really thought that considering all they'd been through that the charges had just been dropped.

So they are saying there were 8 people rescued. Does that include the oceanic 6 (kate, jack, sayid, hurley) and then ben and baby.

I thought they were gonna tell us who another of the oceanic 6 is (unless the baby is counted as one).

It was so interesting to me when kate and jack were talking about the baby. First i thought it was sawyers. Then i thought that maybe it was jacks but too painful. Then i remember kate saying she wasn't pregnant (with sawyer) and wondering if maybe she couldn't have kids.

As soon as i saw the blonde baby i knew. But i think they wanted us to see blonde and think sawyer. Very good reveal at the end. Enjoyed that very much!

On the witness stand, Jack said that 8 people "survived" the crash and that Kate helped them get to the island and took care of them.

The "Oceanic 6" are the survivors who were "rescued."  Right now, we know five of them -- Jack, Kate, Hurley, Sayid and Aaron (Claire's child).  When Kate addressed the child as Aaron, the show delivered on the "promised reveal" of the 5th survivor.  As Claire had been pregnant while on the flight, Aaron qualifies as an "Oceanic survivor", IMO.   Ben was not an Oceanic passenger, we saw him in last week's episode, and the promo for this week promised they'd reveal the 5th of the "Oceanic 6" in this week's episode.  As we already knew four of them, it seemed clear to me that Ben wasn't being counted.

What is not known is whether Claire remains on the island with other survivors -- strongly hinted at in several flash-forward  sequences, including last week's comments by Ben to Sayid when he reminded Sayid that he was working for Ben in order "to keep them safe."

« Last Edit: February 22, 2008, 08:40:38 AM by Ron Pulliam »
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #53 on: February 22, 2008, 08:25:48 AM »

I'm home today.....sickie-poo!     :-\
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #54 on: February 22, 2008, 08:27:05 AM »

Heck, I'm waiting for the triple-flip/triple toe loop combo!

Ginny

« Reply #55 on: February 22, 2008, 08:28:23 AM »

Thanks, DR Singdaw, I just want to skate my best and have a good time out there.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #56 on: February 22, 2008, 08:28:56 AM »

I wanna be a "rocker chick"!

Do you mean that you want to be showed a lot?  Or that you want to show a lot?  Or you want a lot to show?

Ginny

« Reply #57 on: February 22, 2008, 08:29:38 AM »

Heck, I'm waiting for the triple-flip/triple toe loop combo!

One of my co-workers did that one a few weeks ago and ended up with 6 stitches over her right eye and quite a shiner.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #58 on: February 22, 2008, 08:31:44 AM »

Hi, Ben!

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #59 on: February 22, 2008, 08:32:29 AM »

One of my co-workers did that one a few weeks ago and ended up with 6 stitches over her right eye and quite a shiner.

Ummm, I'm thinking that she didn't land it correctly, then.  Possibly caught a wrong edge or something! :P
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9   Go Up