Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16]   Go Down

Author Topic: THE COCK CROWETH  (Read 40820 times)

Cillaliz

Re:THE COCK CROWETH
« Reply #450 on: February 25, 2008, 09:11:25 PM »

I'm sure part of it would indeed involve one's familiarity with the personalities involved. I thought the capturing of the beginnings of the drug war mentality most involving. I'm sorry you didn't.

Oh, don't be sorry. I'm glad you like the movie. There aren't too many criminal movies that capture my imagination that way, occupational hazard.  ;)

FJL

« Reply #451 on: February 25, 2008, 09:42:59 PM »

Got seven returns done today.  (Of course, a few of them were very small returns, but still...  )

td

• td
« Reply #452 on: February 25, 2008, 09:45:21 PM »

TD, can't you reach your friend, or didn't he have it?

He wasn't around tonight, as a matter of fact, none of the family was.  I'll ask about that password tomorrow; I just thought it was funny in a weird sort of way.
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

td

• td
« Reply #453 on: February 25, 2008, 10:01:05 PM »

I've yet to see UNDER CAPRICORN, DR Matt.  I'm tempted to say that it will be a while before I do.
I've tried, many times, to watch TOPAZ, but nothing compels me to watch it.
I'd forgotten that you, too, are a TORN CURTAIN person.
I think we will have to agree to disagree on REBECCA, though.

Tonight I completed my viewing of DHOOM 2, which I hope DR MBarnum has seen.  It may just be the next flick I purchase. . .

Its star is Hrithik Roshan, and he displays ample amounts of energy AND flesh. . .

If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #454 on: February 25, 2008, 10:18:10 PM »

...Or I could end up staying at Splash for just under four hours... :)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #455 on: February 25, 2008, 10:23:13 PM »

Good Evening!

As for dinner.. Stand. I got their Mushroom Burger this time - their regular burger topped with grilled portabello slices and their yummilicious onion marmalade, served with a small cup of their mushroom gravy. I also ordered their "Pickled Egg" appetizer, which was simply a pickled egg, however, it was served with some sort of mustard, which didn't really taste like mustard, but it looked like mustard.  In any case, it was good too.  OH... And I finally tried one of their Toasted Marshmallow Shakes...  DAMN! That's a good shake!  It tasted like they had actually toasted some marshmallows, then blenderized them with vanilla ice cream and milk, then topped the whole thing off with whipped cream and two toasted marshmallows.  Thankfully(?), their shakes are a bit pricey - $6.00 - but at least that keeps one from ordering  second one.  ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #456 on: February 25, 2008, 10:24:46 PM »

As for Splash... :)

Jason ended up joining me tonight, and we each ran into a couple of friends while we were there too.  I had a great time, and it was nice just to stand back and watch everything going on.  Of course, the bartenders in speedos weren't bad either.  ;D
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #457 on: February 25, 2008, 10:25:31 PM »

DR elmore - Alas, no sign of a Venice beach denizen in a gold lamé bathing suit.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #458 on: February 25, 2008, 10:27:17 PM »

BK - Lo and behold, but who should I run into tonight at Splash?  Well, none other than What If?'s very own Ryan Raftery!  He moved to NYC a few months ago, and has started making the acting rounds here.  Although, from his "performances" tonight alongside the video presentations, it looks like he's already got a head start.  ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #459 on: February 25, 2008, 10:29:34 PM »

BK - Hoping your auditions went well tonight.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #460 on: February 25, 2008, 10:29:57 PM »

And since I can't really keep my eyes open any longer...

Goodnight.
Make Your Own Luck.

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #461 on: February 25, 2008, 10:39:01 PM »

You'd be at a total standstill then suddenly you'd be going seventy miles an hour, then thirty seconds later you'd be at a total standstill - has anyone figured out a scientific reason for such things?

Yes - it is a string instability commonly called the "accordian effect".

der Brucer
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #462 on: February 25, 2008, 10:53:47 PM »

Got seven returns done today.  (Of course, a few of them were very small returns, but still...  )

Five large bottles @$0.05 and two small ones @$0.03?

der Brucer
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #463 on: February 25, 2008, 11:47:22 PM »

BK - Lo and behold, but who should I run into tonight at Splash?  Well, none other than What If?'s very own Ryan Raftery!  He moved to NYC a few months ago, and has started making the acting rounds here.  Although, from his "performances" tonight alongside the video presentations, it looks like he's already got a head start.  ;)

You mean the same Ryan Raftery who, in his IMDb biography, has this quote:

Appeared in "What If?" a musical revue which played at the Hudson Theatre in Los Angeles during the summer of 2004. Mel Brooks, an opening night attendee, called Raftery a "true comedic talent."
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #464 on: February 25, 2008, 11:52:27 PM »

Back from auditions.  The first thing I will say is that I missed JOSE!  The pianist was not so hot and the poor singers just sort of had to get through it.  He plays Assassins well enough, so maybe he's just not an audition pianist.  

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #465 on: February 25, 2008, 11:53:55 PM »

I will say the turnout was a bit disappointing, but I'm hoping that tomorrow and Wednesday will yield more and better results.  Right now, I think we're in a bit of trouble, especially ensemble-wise.  But I think most of the folks Adam is bringing in are only coming to the dance call on Wednesday, so hopefully we'll find the six people who can do the job.  

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #466 on: February 25, 2008, 11:56:16 PM »

I am calling back about nine people from tonight - but, unless a suprise Donna comes along, I think we've at least found our Donna.  A really talented very young girl - terrific energy and voice - we'll see how she reads, but I'm assuming she'll be fine.  No General Mills candiates at the moment.  A couple of Joyce candidates, no real Yoni candidates yet, although a couple of people from tonight will be reading for it, I think we saw one person who'll read for the narrator/Professor Leder.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #467 on: February 25, 2008, 11:57:58 PM »

But the rather shocking news that came my way this evening was from Mr. Murphy, who will not be coming out to audition and will not be part of this incarnation of the show.  We had a long chat about it last night, but he feels he has too much on his plate to commit to the schedule and while I think he's making a mistake, that decision is, of course, his to make.  So, we're now actively looking for someone for his role - I have a couple of ideas and we're seeing if the people are available.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #468 on: February 25, 2008, 11:58:53 PM »

I think we saw one potential Rod this evening.  So, I'm keeping my spirit positive for the next two nights.  I do know I'll be seeing some of the Assassins actors, and I know they're good.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16]   Go Up