Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12   Go Down

Author Topic: THE MAGIC BUTTON  (Read 31287 times)

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
Re:THE MAGIC BUTTON
« Reply #300 on: February 28, 2008, 06:54:44 PM »

And as for TONIGHT'S "LOST" so far...

WOW!

And...  Someone got a haircut and uniform and looks very YUMMY!!!  ;D
asdf asdflas asdfa asdfasd asdfp poura  wpeo a apweoj asdfk awpouflkjed pau fkjei akf ie ak foiue apj dfkj awr-oaj dfkjarpoja da;lej agfa;ojdf  awpojf

asfkj awepoij alfkj a fiuekgfbnc,zka ndir mdnf oja l;s A a fouiawe rkf poaj foaij a;jl weprtoj adlfgkj at[okaj glkj aweptoj aodfkjn awepojadflkntpojdfpkjelaknf apj oaidh 8iyuo2k3jaoihgf a=aw=ja kand fpoaihj t
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #301 on: February 28, 2008, 06:55:12 PM »

I probably just cursed out someone in some long lost Slavic language for all I know.  ;D
Make Your Own Luck.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #302 on: February 28, 2008, 06:56:57 PM »

LOL Jose!
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #303 on: February 28, 2008, 06:57:47 PM »

Silly stuff but better than most antics of the young stars today. ;D

Thanks to your link I found this interesting, and IMHO well done, video of Prince Harry
in Iraq.  Whoever originally linked the story he was there & endangered not only his life, but the lives of those around him, should be locked up.  Sometimes freedom of the press is not a good thing.  

Jane, your comments about Prince Harry also crossed my mind. I sometimes really wonder about the media and where they keep their common sense.
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

Cillaliz

« Reply #304 on: February 28, 2008, 06:59:32 PM »

Oh don't get me started on the media....rdtinvhlrdgnhzdlituhtozxcm.jdkgc!!!!!!

Cillaliz

« Reply #305 on: February 28, 2008, 07:00:26 PM »

Tomorrow is Sadie Hawkins Day.  That is all

Cillaliz

« Reply #306 on: February 28, 2008, 07:01:41 PM »

Sadie Hawkins Day, an American folk event, made its debut in Al Capp's Li'l Abner strip November 15, 1937. Sadie Hawkins was "the homeliest gal in the hills" who grew tired of waiting for the fellows to come a courtin'. Her father, Hekzebiah Hawkins, a prominent resident of Dogpatch, was even more worried about Sadie living at home for the rest of his life, so he decreed the first annual Sadie Hawkins Day, a foot race in which the unmarried gals pursued the town's bachelors, with matrimony the consequence. By the late 1930's the event had swept the nation and had a life of its own. Life magazine reported over 200 colleges holding Sadie Hawkins Day events in 1939, only two years after its inception. It became a woman empowering rite at high schools and college campuses, long before the modern feminist movement gained prominence. The basis of Sadie Hawkins Day is that women and girls take the initiative in inviting the man or boy of their choice out on a date, typically to a dance attended by other bachelors and their aggressive dates. When Al Capp created the event, it was not his intention to have the event occur annually on a specific date because it inhibited his freewheeling plotting. However, due to its enormous popularity and the numerous fan letters Capp received, the event became an annual event in the strip during the month of November, lasting four decades.

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #307 on: February 28, 2008, 07:04:48 PM »

There is something I've always wondered about Iron Chef.  It appears that they only plate one of each dish and get it done just as the time is called.  So are they then allowed to plate the remaining servings for the judges?  It has to be so

I share your curiosity?

I also wonder how much advance word the challenger gets (they always show up with weird ingredients planned for the evenings cook-off and the speed at which the teams start out makes it clear they already had a good idea of what they were going to prepare).

der Brucer
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

DERBRUCER

« Reply #308 on: February 28, 2008, 07:07:01 PM »

I probably just cursed out someone in some long lost Slavic language for all I know.  ;D

Or professed enduring love to some crone/troll in the same language. :)

der Brucer

Cillaliz

« Reply #309 on: February 28, 2008, 07:07:07 PM »

Another Odd Tradition:
According to ancient lore, back in the 5th century, Irish St. Bridget convinced St. Patrick that women should be allowed to propose marriage at least once day a year. St. Patrick relented, but with a catch—he ordained that women would have the opportunity only every four years—on leap day.

The tradition continued, and in 1288 Scotland passed a law that gave women the legal right to propose on leap day. And if the man refused, he was fined! You can find out more about these leap year marriage traditions on About.com’s marriage guide, at http://marriage.about.com/people/marriage

During this century, this time-honoured tradition has been melded with pop culture, as leap day became Sadie Hawkins’ day. Sadie Hawkins was a character in the hugely popular comic strip Lil’ Abner. In the strip, Sadie gets a chance to run and catch her husband once a year. Originally Sadie Hawkins day took place in November, but over the years it has become part of the leap year tradition. Find out more about Sadie Hawkins from the Lil’ Abner website, at http://www.lil-abner.com/sadiehawk.html.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #310 on: February 28, 2008, 07:09:40 PM »

I share your curiosity?

I also wonder how much advance word the challenger gets (they always show up with weird ingredients planned for the evenings cook-off and the speed at which the teams start out makes it clear they already had a good idea of what they were going to prepare).

der Brucer

AH!

Then I guess neither of you came across this article from last week's Village Voice...

Iron Chef Boyardee

;D
Make Your Own Luck.

DERBRUCER

« Reply #311 on: February 28, 2008, 07:11:46 PM »

Thanks to your link I found this interesting, and IMHO well done, video of Prince Harry
in Iraq.  Whoever originally linked the story he was there & endangered not only his life, but the lives of those around him, should be locked up.  Sometimes freedom of the press is not a good thing.  

I would love for the Queen go on BBC and call-out the press for endangering both her grandson and his companions - and make it personal; not Queen to subjects, but an agrieved Granny to an uncaring press.

der Brucer

DERBRUCER

« Reply #312 on: February 28, 2008, 07:14:54 PM »

Does Cillaliz have her sights set on some Sadie Hawkins Day prey?

der Brucer

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #313 on: February 28, 2008, 07:25:36 PM »

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Make Your Own Luck.

td

• td
« Reply #314 on: February 28, 2008, 07:33:49 PM »

LOST.

Non-spoiler.

Riveting television viewing.

And that haircut!

Still, I like the person with the haircut with the longer hair. . .

I'm just sayin'. . .

;)
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

DERBRUCER

« Reply #315 on: February 28, 2008, 07:34:51 PM »

AH!

Then I guess neither of you came across this article from last week's Village Voice...

Iron Chef Boyardee

;D

No - but thanx!

der Brucer

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #316 on: February 28, 2008, 07:35:00 PM »

You have got to watch this Pug say I love you.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #317 on: February 28, 2008, 07:35:17 PM »

'night

Cillaliz

« Reply #318 on: February 28, 2008, 07:35:54 PM »

AH!

Iron Chef Boyardee

;D

Thanks Jose. Doesn't surprise me

Cillaliz

« Reply #319 on: February 28, 2008, 07:36:47 PM »

Does Cillaliz have her sights set on some Sadie Hawkins Day prey?

der Brucer

No, I can't think of anyone I'd like to be around for that long.  ;D

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #320 on: February 28, 2008, 08:20:56 PM »

Another full evening of viewing.

I began by finishing DOCTOR DOLITTLE. I continued to be amazed at just how superb this transfer is and unconverting it makes it as near to HD as anything I've seen (apart from GYPSY which I still believe is THE best SD transfer I have.)

If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #321 on: February 28, 2008, 08:22:35 PM »

And as for TONIGHT'S "LOST" so far...

WOW!

And...  Someone got a haircut and uniform and looks very YUMMY!!!  ;D
asdf asdflas asdfa asdfasd asdfp poura  wpeo a apweoj asdfk awpouflkjed pau fkjei akf ie ak foiue apj dfkj awr-oaj dfkjarpoja da;lej agfa;ojdf  awpojf

asfkj awepoij alfkj a fiuekgfbnc,zka ndir mdnf oja l;s A a fouiawe rkf poaj foaij a;jl weprtoj adlfgkj at[okaj glkj aweptoj aodfkjn awepojadflkntpojdfpkjelaknf apj oaidh 8iyuo2k3jaoihgf a=aw=ja kand fpoaihj t

My goodness, I was salivating in every one of those scenes. I wouldn't have minded a little five o'clock shadow, but I've NEVER seen him like this and he was stunning!

Matt H.

« Reply #322 on: February 28, 2008, 08:23:44 PM »

I watched the pop-up LOST and enjoyed the facts, some of which dealing with the literature being read were really startling.

Matt H.

« Reply #323 on: February 28, 2008, 08:24:16 PM »

As for tonight's new LOST -

mind blowing.

Matt H.

« Reply #324 on: February 28, 2008, 08:26:27 PM »

ELI STONE

The junior lawyer was back to being her annoying self. The lesbian case was interesting. The actor who played the hidden surfer guy had also been on LOST earlier in the evening (and plays Ecklie on CSI, a recurring role).

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #325 on: February 28, 2008, 08:27:38 PM »

Watching a movie, but am now going out to find something to eat - I'm need to get the taste of the Du-Par's meal out of my mouth.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #326 on: February 28, 2008, 08:27:59 PM »

I think we're going to license the Brain for a production in Australia!

Matt H.

« Reply #327 on: February 28, 2008, 08:28:43 PM »

As for the evictees on IDOL, DR Jose is right: none of them were going to come anywhere close to winning so now's as good a time to leave as any.

I still think rocker chick Amanda Overmeyer is THE WORST singer left in the competition. Her part of the group song tonight was PAINFUL to listen to. As bad as Sunjaya ever thought about being last year.

FJL

« Reply #328 on: February 28, 2008, 08:40:42 PM »

This is fun!  My nephew David was briefly interviewed at the top of this article (about undergraduate business programs at colleges) in Business week.

http://www.businessweek.com/print/bschools/content/feb2008/bs20080226_508904.htm
« Last Edit: February 28, 2008, 08:41:59 PM by FJL »

Matt H.

« Reply #329 on: February 28, 2008, 08:45:39 PM »

I guess tomorrow I'll begin my review copy of LIL' BUSH. If the Criterions or ENCHANTED don't come tomorrow, that will be the end of my review stack. And since there are no new TV episodes tomorrow night of any interest to me, I'll be able to get the disc completely watched tomorrow.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12   Go Up