Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10   Go Down

Author Topic: THEN CAME BRONSON  (Read 21513 times)

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
Re:THEN CAME BRONSON
« Reply #90 on: March 08, 2008, 10:38:58 AM »

I wish I had slept better last night. I think having my big meal of the day at night just does not sit well with me now. I didn't have indigestion or anything like that. I think I was just still too full when I went to sleep.

I have the same problem when we eat late.  It doesn't help late dinners tend to be larger ones.

Jane

« Reply #91 on: March 08, 2008, 10:42:00 AM »

Bruce-Excellent vibes and xylophones the good news becomes GREAT NEWS!

Jane

« Reply #92 on: March 08, 2008, 10:43:16 AM »

DR Ginny-ROOF VIBES!

Thank you DRs George & Singdaw.  I wish I could say my foot is better today, unfortunately the pain has spread. The good news is, it only hurts when I walk.

FJL & DP Skip, I wishing you new & exciting activity with THE LAST STARFIGHTER.

Jane

« Reply #93 on: March 08, 2008, 10:46:07 AM »

From TCB:
Don't worry, Jane, I am sure there are a lot of gentlemen who would be happy to rent a room to Craig!  

LOL-There is also the cat, AND the girlfriend.  I think not.

Ginny

« Reply #94 on: March 08, 2008, 10:55:01 AM »

And I'm sure they don't listen - after all, they don't camp out in the Admin Offices.

Do you never have complaints from your intended customers?

der Brucer

Yes, der B, the front-line people get complaints all the time and I get them when I'm offsite representing the Library.  Unfortunately, the complaints usually aren't made to the folks who work behing the glass doors on the second floor.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #95 on: March 08, 2008, 10:57:43 AM »

DR Ginny-ROOF VIBES!

Thanks, DR Jane!  That avalanche just slid off the roof while Richard and I were sitting in the family room eating our lunch.

And, yes, to your earlier question.  I did sleep in this morning - until about 8:15, which is late for me.  It was nice not to have to go through the motions of getting ready for work and I'm going to send our director an email thanking him for making the decision/announcement last night about today's closing.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

td

• td
« Reply #96 on: March 08, 2008, 11:01:53 AM »

We are certainly lucking out on the weather today.  Forecasts vacillated between 6 to 8 inches OR 3 to 5; now it has finally snowed and the forecast for this "winter storm" is "possibly up to an inch."    ;D
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

Jane

« Reply #97 on: March 08, 2008, 11:08:49 AM »

Thanks, DR Jane!  That avalanche just slid off the roof while Richard and I were sitting in the family room eating our lunch.

And, yes, to your earlier question.  I did sleep in this morning - until about 8:15, which is late for me.  It was nice not to have to go through the motions of getting ready for work and I'm going to send our director an email thanking him for making the decision/announcement last night about today's closing.

You must have been relieved to watch the mini-avalanche :D.

That is thoughtful to send the thank you email.  I bet your director also wanted to sleep in this morning ;)

Jane

« Reply #98 on: March 08, 2008, 11:10:07 AM »

TD I always appreciate your weather reports as they are of great interest to me these days. :)

td

• td
« Reply #99 on: March 08, 2008, 11:11:24 AM »

For all the THEN CAME BRONSON fans, here and everywhere:

Trouve-moi un homme primitiv!   ;D

td

• td
« Reply #100 on: March 08, 2008, 11:14:06 AM »

TD I always appreciate your weather reports as they are of great interest to me these days. :)

Slightly further north, they had major accumulations, Jane.
Lake Erie is frozen solid with up to 14 inches of ice.

Even Cranberry Township, which is less than 20 miles north of me, had major accumulation this morning.

Ginny

« Reply #101 on: March 08, 2008, 11:15:27 AM »

Through that same kitchen window I just watched a guy go down Central Avenue on cross-country skis.

Jane

« Reply #102 on: March 08, 2008, 11:21:53 AM »

Slightly further north, they had major accumulations, Jane.
Lake Erie is frozen solid with up to 14 inches of ice.

Even Cranberry Township, which is less than 20 miles north of me, had major accumulation this morning.

It is amazing how such a short distance can have such a drastic change in the weather.  We see it here all the time when we go into town.

I guessing the weather in Shadyside is similar to your weather.

Jane

« Reply #103 on: March 08, 2008, 11:22:24 AM »

Through that same kitchen window I just watched a guy go down Central Avenue on cross-country skis.

;D :D

Jane

« Reply #104 on: March 08, 2008, 11:29:59 AM »

DR's DerBrucer, Ron, Danise, & other Stargate fans; I just put STARGATE: THE ARK OF TRUTH on my NetFlix queue. :)  I moved it to the number one spot.  It will be interesting to see how soon it arrives after the March 11th release date.

singdaw

« Reply #105 on: March 08, 2008, 12:14:15 PM »

Torrential rains here.  That is all.

Michael

« Reply #106 on: March 08, 2008, 12:24:14 PM »

I still haven't watched PROJECT RUNWAY's finale show. (BTW, I saw the ratings which must have pleased Bravo very much. No question that we'll get another season of this show. I'm happy about that.)

They announced the auditions for next season. LA, Chicago, NYC, Miami and Charlotte, NC (just kidding)
Never stop dreaming.

Ginny

« Reply #107 on: March 08, 2008, 12:27:39 PM »

Earlier this week, DH Richard and DS Rob exchanged cars for Richard to have some work done on Rob's.  Here's Rob's car parked in front of our house, where it's likely to stay for a while longer:

Ginny

« Reply #108 on: March 08, 2008, 12:28:32 PM »

While Richard cleared the driveway...

Ginny

« Reply #109 on: March 08, 2008, 12:29:18 PM »

...I worked on the walk and front porch.

Cillaliz

« Reply #110 on: March 08, 2008, 12:35:49 PM »

That's what makes him so fun- he always keeps you guessing about what piece of furniture or category of clothing he will attack next. Never a dull moment.

;D He and Boo Boo would have a hey day together

Cillaliz

« Reply #111 on: March 08, 2008, 12:39:48 PM »

Do they actually arrest people for driving in the snow?

I've never heard of them arresting people. I have heard of them saying that conditions are so bad if you go in the ditch we won't be looking for you til the weather gets better.  I also think it's a liability thing. You are essentially driving at your own risk - if you get in an accident and die, don't sue us

Cillaliz

« Reply #112 on: March 08, 2008, 12:42:59 PM »

Ginny, it looks like you live in a great neighborhood. I love the backyard and all the trees

Ginny

« Reply #113 on: March 08, 2008, 12:46:54 PM »

Do they actually arrest people for driving in the snow?

We've never tempted them!  

I've never heard of them arresting people. I have heard of them saying that conditions are so bad if you go in the ditch we won't be looking for you til the weather gets better.  I also think it's a liability thing. You are essentially driving at your own risk - if you get in an accident and die, don't sue us

Thanks, DR Cillaliz.  I always thought they'd get you for something else and add the violation of the snow emergency to the offense.

Cillaliz

« Reply #114 on: March 08, 2008, 12:46:55 PM »

It's cloudy here.  I've been at the office most of the day.  I got here and realized immediately that I needed to go to Staples and get some supplies, so I did that and have had a very productive day.   I got 1 of the 3 things done, but got about 15 others done that weren't on the list. So that's ok.  I'm going to pack up some work and go home and clean

Cillaliz

« Reply #115 on: March 08, 2008, 12:48:19 PM »

We've never tempted them!  Thanks, DR Cillaliz.  I always thought they'd get you for something else and add the violation of the snow emergency to the offense.

That's probably right.  I think it's there so if they need to get you off the street they can do it.  

Cillaliz

« Reply #116 on: March 08, 2008, 12:49:10 PM »

Well, I'm off for now. Laters gaters and stinky cheese graters (wasn't that the line from October Road?)

Ginny

« Reply #117 on: March 08, 2008, 12:50:26 PM »

Ginny, it looks like you live in a great neighborhood. I love the backyard and all the trees

Thanks!  It's an older part of town and we like it a lot.  We used to have even more trees, especially in the front yard.  We've lost a pine tree to the left of the driveway and a couple of trees in the yard to the right.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #118 on: March 08, 2008, 12:58:27 PM »

The apartment bathroom, kitchen area, and clothes closet are now good and clean.  I still have two more CD shelves to do, but all the things that needed to go into mothballs for the next two weeks are bagged and sealed.  Tomorrow morning, I'll mop the floor with Steri-Fab before I head off to the movies.

Now, some writing.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2008, 04:24:29 PM by elmore3003 »
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #119 on: March 08, 2008, 01:10:53 PM »

It is amazing how such a short distance can have such a drastic change in the weather.  We see it here all the time when we go into town.

Heck, I even see it in my house, from one room to another!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10   Go Up