Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Down

Author Topic: ALREADY ALREADY  (Read 35657 times)

Panni

• What are men for -- if not to amuse a woman!
Re:ALREADY ALREADY
« Reply #180 on: February 05, 2004, 10:11:42 PM »

I had forgotten that HAL probably had more lines than the actors. It is even eerie lisening.

HAL was voiced by the wonderful Canadian actor Douglas Rain. Which leads me to a question I've always wondered about - why did Kubrick use so many Canadian actors? They're all over his films in major supporting roles.

I'll have to wait until tomorrow for the answer, if there is one. I've been up since just after 5 and it's time to turn off the old computer. Good night.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #181 on: February 05, 2004, 10:21:46 PM »

You and your Canadian ephemera.

Just back from a brisk mile-and-a-half jog.  I need to recover.  If we work really hard I do think we can reach our new plateau this very evening.

Jed

« Reply #182 on: February 05, 2004, 10:43:56 PM »

Speaking of high school musicals, and the low audtion turnout thereof, as DR Sarah was, this afternoon we held callbacks for the production of Children of Eden for which I am vocal director.  

Obviously, it's a show that is not gonna bring droves of kids in to audition (they did Footloose last year), and that really showed in the fact that we had only six, count them six, guys audition.  Since the director decided to split two roles usually played by the same actor into two separate roles, we needed six guys just to fill the named male characters.  Hunky dory, except this means that I now have to rewrite all the chorus music to work for a treble ensemble.  Oh well, some of Schwarz' voicings I wasn't too fond of anyway. :D
« Last Edit: February 05, 2004, 10:45:44 PM by Jed »
I sat beside the class clown... and I studied him

Tomovoz

« Reply #183 on: February 05, 2004, 11:03:20 PM »

I am attempting to cope with crying of a "demented" dog. Her brother has just been taken to the VET.  You would think she had been orphaned and subjected to extreme cruelty. An hour of this I will need to go to the VET too.  Just like kids - annoy each other all day but can't be without each other.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #184 on: February 05, 2004, 11:05:27 PM »

Forgot to mention that our male dog "Magnus" does not have a serious problem.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Jay

• This is the face of a voracious aficionado
« Reply #185 on: February 05, 2004, 11:08:39 PM »

I have just returned from seeing a new play, Dear Readers, called Stage Directions.  Written by L. Trey Wilson, the action concerns a play within a play in which two African-American actors, one gay, one straight, must kiss.  The straight actor is very uncomfortable with this, and that discomfort forms the framework of this evening of theatre.  While it is filled with sometimes very clever humor, the play takes on some hefty topics, including the degree of acceptance within the African-American community of homosexual behavior, and the prejudices--conscious and unconscious--that people hold of one another.  Although it is a little bit repetitive here and there, and there are more entrances and exits, it seems, than Noises Off, the play's serious themes are handled in a very articulate and balanced manner.

Note to Angelinos:  It's playing at [Inside] The Ford, and half-price tickets are available at http://www.theatrela.org/today.htm and http://www.goldstarevents.com/.  It's definitely worth the eleven bucks.  
You cannot change the past but you certainly can shape the future.

Jay

• This is the face of a voracious aficionado
« Reply #186 on: February 05, 2004, 11:12:26 PM »

My train to slumberland awaits.  I shall just have to join the celebration over 25,000 posts tomorrow.

Congratulations in advance to BK and all you Dear, Dear Readers out there in the dark.
You cannot change the past but you certainly can shape the future.

Tomovoz

« Reply #187 on: February 05, 2004, 11:21:02 PM »

Well I am not in the dark about my dog. It seems he may have a "stone" and with luck "this too shall pass". At least he is always quite happy to take medication - his life is very much food!
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #188 on: February 05, 2004, 11:27:04 PM »

Thanks to the kindness of a DR in Portland, I am listening to the wonderful Lani Hall. I don't understand a word  (Spanish) but it is truly beautiful. What a talent and what a glorious voice.
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #189 on: February 05, 2004, 11:28:30 PM »

I am not greedy for fame. The next post is the significant one! Go for it.
James Thurber 1957

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #190 on: February 05, 2004, 11:38:37 PM »

I'll take it!

Tomovoz

« Reply #191 on: February 05, 2004, 11:38:44 PM »

OK You've had ten minutes!
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #192 on: February 05, 2004, 11:39:28 PM »

Well done BK. It is only fitting. Congratulations.
James Thurber 1957

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #193 on: February 05, 2004, 11:39:36 PM »

Congratulations to all you loyal and true Hainsies/Kimlets who continue to make this site the best on all the Internet.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Up