Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12   Go Down

Author Topic: JUST THE FACTS, MA'AM  (Read 22959 times)

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
Re:JUST THE FACTS, MA'AM
« Reply #30 on: March 29, 2008, 07:00:51 AM »

I only have one day of posts left to catch up on but I thought I should say hi to Elmore while he's here, and thank him once again for the delightful music!
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Edisaurus

« Reply #31 on: March 29, 2008, 07:01:47 AM »

I awoke with a trmendous sinus headache, which may or may not have anything to do with consuming a few drinks at Chuck's wake last night.
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Edisaurus

« Reply #32 on: March 29, 2008, 07:05:06 AM »

The singer and bagpiper I recommended were a big hit. Sam, the singer, used to sing with our pops orcehstra (I worked with them for 10 years) and we had a nice time afterwards reminiscing about the crazy conductor who never remembered my name: ("Girl? Where's my girl?" and introducing Sam... "And now, here's (stage whisper: Sam! Sam Hagan!) uuuhhh...Sam!)

Edisaurus

« Reply #33 on: March 29, 2008, 07:08:32 AM »

Thanks once again to all the DR's for song suggestions! I put about a dozen songs on a CD and the daughter swung by and picked it up from me at work. I hoped there was something she could use, and she did. She chose Eva Cassidy's "Fields of Gold".

I had forgotten that it was a live recording, but the applause at the end blended in with the applause of the assembled crowd.

The daughter isn't an editor but she put together a beautiful slide show, laughter and tear inducing. Just wonderufl.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2008, 07:15:26 AM by Edisaurus »

Edisaurus

« Reply #34 on: March 29, 2008, 07:14:27 AM »

Oh dear, I ran off Elmore.

I thought I'd see if he was familiar with "Celtic Alleluia", which was sung at the funeral. It was so beautiful.

I told Greg I want Sam to sing at my funeral. (Hope that won't be anytime soon...and Sam is quite a bit older so...)

His signature piece with our orchestra was a Porgy and Bess melody (he was an opera singer) and "Oh Lord, I'm on my Way" would be my choice...assuming I was headed in that direction.

Now he is a cantor for a Catholic church nearby. I had no idea, but the people at the church all knew him and he was able to work well with the accompanist at the church where the mass was held. He really took command and held things together, directing people when to sing along, etc.

Edisaurus

« Reply #35 on: March 29, 2008, 07:17:16 AM »

Handsome Sam:

Edisaurus

« Reply #36 on: March 29, 2008, 07:20:01 AM »

OK, back to ketchup with yesterday's posts...or at least get some coffee so my headache will go away and I can see better.

Edisaurus

« Reply #37 on: March 29, 2008, 07:21:24 AM »

Oh, and last night I was emotionally wiped out. My DH sugggested we go see MISS PETTIGREW to cheer us up, but I slept through the last half. What I did see I enjoyed, and I woke up in time to see how it resolved.

Edisaurus

« Reply #38 on: March 29, 2008, 07:22:04 AM »

Elmore is back, to bitch-slap me for sleeping through MISS PETTIGREW!

singdaw

« Reply #39 on: March 29, 2008, 07:29:01 AM »

Hi, DR Edisaurus.  Glad everything worked out so well and was meaningful and helpful for the family and friends.

Edisaurus

« Reply #40 on: March 29, 2008, 07:38:29 AM »

People come and go so quickly here!

Edisaurus

« Reply #41 on: March 29, 2008, 07:38:45 AM »

Hi, Sing!

Edisaurus

« Reply #42 on: March 29, 2008, 07:40:31 AM »

It's a beautiful sunny day out. We're going to pick up rocks, and more plants from our gardening show producer, who should give us a drawing to know where to plant what she gave us almost a month ago.

Edisaurus

« Reply #43 on: March 29, 2008, 07:41:04 AM »

I'm off to feed the birds, then feed myself.

Edisaurus

« Reply #44 on: March 29, 2008, 07:41:52 AM »

The tough thing about feeding the birds, surprisingly, is not chewing up the worms, but getting the birds to hold still.

ArnoldMBrockman

• so many possibilities
« Reply #45 on: March 29, 2008, 07:43:28 AM »

And the word of the day is: YESTREEN!

And The Song Of The Day and Night Is: LAST NIGHT WHEN WE WERE YOUNG

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #46 on: March 29, 2008, 07:44:33 AM »

Good morning, all! I've been in and out of the apartment with the laundry. Will this madness ever cease?  I fear, of course, that now it's all personal madness and my obesessions are the problem, but I'll worry about that later.

Today, I have tons more writing on THE LADY OF THE SLIPPER. I worked my proverbial butt off yesterday, finished an acceptable version of the Act One critical notes and sent them off for safety, then dealt with some questions from Miles Kreuger about this forthcoming Vicpotr Herbert biography.

After that, I watched a bit of AMERICAN IN PARIS, which reconfirmed my general dislke of the film, and then I watched some of the bonus disc for SLINGS & ARROWS, a rather pathetic collection of odds and ends from a good series.

DR edisaurus, thank you for the call the other day.  I did not return it because, seeing you little these days around HHW, I figured you were really busy.  You should of course be bitchslapped for sleeping through the charming MISS PETTIGREW LIVES FOR A DAY. I want to see it again.

TOD:
  The Cabinet of Dr Caligari (1921)
  Moulin Rouge (John Huston)
  Tom Jones (Tony Richardson)
  Sleepy Hollow (Tim Burton)
  The Devils, The Boy Friend (Ken Russell)
  The Innocents (Jack Clayton)
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #47 on: March 29, 2008, 07:46:21 AM »

Travel vibes to DR Ginny and to DR Laura:[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[/move]
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Edisaurus

« Reply #48 on: March 29, 2008, 07:49:14 AM »

DR edisaurus, thank you for the call the other day.  I did not return it because, seeing you little these days around HHW, I figured you were really busy.  You should of course be bitchslapped for sleeping through the charming MISS PETTIGREW LIVES FOR A DAY. I want to see it again.

You were right---I had so many calls coming in ralting to what was going on yesterday, plus two long interviews for the article I mentioned earlier.

FJL

« Reply #49 on: March 29, 2008, 07:51:58 AM »

Travel vibes to Ginny

FJL

« Reply #50 on: March 29, 2008, 07:52:31 AM »

Nice to see Amy on a work respite

Edisaurus

« Reply #51 on: March 29, 2008, 07:57:04 AM »

THE CLOSER  very vague spoiler....

This week we had our yearly phone conference with James Duff, creator of THE CLOSER, to outline what will be going on this season.

I'm happy to report that all of the cast members will be back (there was a question about one of them) and there will be a recurring guest star who should be great fun, if the contract gets finalized, and should be a nice foil for Brenda.

There will also be another "Flynn and Provenza" episode!

A murder suspect in a previous season makes a return appearance. I think a lot of people expected that last season, but I'm happy to know this actor will be back!

And the premiere episode should hit home with many people in LA.

That's all I can say for risk of spoiling anything!

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #52 on: March 29, 2008, 08:11:39 AM »

Good morning!

It's gray outside right now as I think we may be in for some showers. Cooler today and tomorrow as well with highs in the 50s.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #53 on: March 29, 2008, 08:14:40 AM »

THE CLOSER  very vague spoiler....

This week we had our yearly phone conference with James Duff, creator of THE CLOSER, to outline what will be going on this season.

I'm happy to report that all of the cast members will be back (there was a question about one of them) and there will be a recurring guest star who should be great fun, if the contract gets finalized, and should be a nice foil for Brenda.

There will also be another "Flynn and Provenza" episode!

A murder suspect in a previous season makes a return appearance. I think a lot of people expected that last season, but I'm happy to know this actor will be back!

And the premiere episode should hit home with many people in LA.

That's all I can say for risk of spoiling anything!

Thank you for these. I'm guessing I know which murder suspect you mean as you and I talked about this some months ago, and if it's the actor I'm thinking of, this makes me very, VERY excited.

I do love Flynn and Provinza, so this is also very good news.

Matt H.

« Reply #54 on: March 29, 2008, 08:15:39 AM »

DR Elmore:

You asked me about this the other day, and I'm happy to tell you that the second season DVD set of PSYCH will street (so sorry, DR George) on July 8th.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #55 on: March 29, 2008, 08:16:54 AM »

I'm up, I'm up.  Barely.

Matt H.

« Reply #56 on: March 29, 2008, 08:18:38 AM »

TOD:

Minnelli's THE PIRATE

Welles' CITIZEN KANE

Cukor's MY FAIR LADY

Lang's THE KING & I

Matt H.

« Reply #57 on: March 29, 2008, 08:20:02 AM »

TV Reminder:

[size=9]TORCHWOOD!!![/size][/glow]

Matt H.

« Reply #58 on: March 29, 2008, 08:23:42 AM »

Today I'll be finishing up the HD-DVD of APOLLO 13 and the third season box set of NUMB3RS. Tonight I will be watching something on either Blu-ray or HD-DVD prior to TORCHWOOD, but I haven't decided what as yet.

Today's mail may also determine what I put in the player later this evening.

Matt H.

« Reply #59 on: March 29, 2008, 08:27:06 AM »

Tomorrow morning I will be working on my taxes, one of the dreaded annual tasks one must perform. I've had to wait so late this year due to the brokerage's lately acquired information on some offshore sales results that were different from the originally released figures.

That'll be about three hours tomorrow morning given over to that. Hopefully, though, I can e-file and then be done with them for another year.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12   Go Up