Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: ATTEND THE TALE  (Read 20584 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
ATTEND THE TALE
« on: April 05, 2008, 01:31:31 AM »

Well, you've read the notes, the notes told the tale, and now it is time for you to post until the cows come home - they're currently attending the tail.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2008, 01:08:07 AM by bk »

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re:ATTEND THE TALE
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2008, 01:33:29 AM »

And the word of the day is: PIGNUS!

singingnymph

• We have movie sign!
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2008, 02:27:50 AM »

So...
Sometimes it looks like I'm browsing the forum for hours on end. That's actually not far from the truth, but I digress. But actually I just keep the site up in my browser cos even when I tell the login thingy too keep me logged in, just closing the browser or the tab immediately logs me out anyway.
~Meg B, of Central California~
Minutus cantorum, minutus balorum,
minutus carborata descendum pantorum.
A little song, a little dance,
a little seltzer down your pants.
http://madmistressmeg.spreadshirt.com

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2008, 03:14:35 AM »

So...
Sometimes it looks like I'm browsing the forum for hours on end. That's actually not far from the truth, but I digress. But actually I just keep the site up in my browser cos even when I tell the login thingy too keep me logged in, just closing the browser or the tab immediately logs me out anyway.

Me, too.  I log in at work when I get there and I stay logged in all day, until I leave in the evening. ;)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2008, 03:18:02 AM »

After the fairly well attended (and appreciated) show last night, I came home and watched a couple of episodes of "Kyle XY."  I only have the season finale to watch and then I'm all done with that show.  I recorded, but haven't yet watched last night's season premiere of "Battlestar Galactica"!!  I want to watch this without any interruptions, and Sunday may be the day for that...I hope.  I also have "Reaper" and "Eli Stone" to get through.  I haven't watched any episodes of either of those shows in quite a while.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2008, 03:19:21 AM »

I need to go into work later today for a few hours.  I can go in at any time, but I can only stay until 5:00 pm, so I need to be there by 1:30 at the latest, if I want to make up all the time from this past week that I didn't get in.  We'll see.  

« Last Edit: April 05, 2008, 03:19:37 AM by George »

George

« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2008, 03:20:00 AM »

Well, I need to get to sleep.  Good night Singingnymph. :)

singdaw

« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2008, 05:30:51 AM »

DR JoseSPiano - I'm sorry, I had forgotten that you were attending Joseph Kaiser's recital.  Sasha let me know a few days ago that she was pinch-hitting for him, and I should have thought to tell you.

I'm glad you liked her - I think she's fabulous!

singdaw

« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2008, 05:32:49 AM »

DR FJL - so happy for you that you got to see South Pacific.

FJL

« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2008, 05:34:47 AM »

I'll be E&T most of the day.  Tax office through the afternoon, and then dinner with a cousin who's coming in from Scranton (she and her daughter are seeing the Little Mermaid matinee)

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2008, 05:36:22 AM »

Lots of interesting posts yesterday!  Thanks for the continued vibes.

Glad to hear that the Kritzerland release is moving ahead!

The theatre news is always interesting and appreciated!

Today is a work day - oh well.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2008, 05:36:39 AM »

I will return after work.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

singdaw

« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2008, 05:55:40 AM »

DR FJL - so happy for you that you got to see South Pacific.

Although I can't understand why they'd feature bare sailor bums but not bare sailor torsos.   :)

Ginny

« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2008, 06:47:34 AM »

Saturday morning greetings!  It's very foggy in SW Ohio today, but at least it's not snowy.

Today would ordinarily be all-information-waitressing for me, but my morning will be taken up by this month's performance of Grantseeking Basics.  I only have 2 IW-ing hours this afternoon  :D

Showtime!...Bye for now.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2008, 06:50:44 AM »

Thank you for answering my question last night, Cillaliz. I was going to respond then, but Joshie was INSISTENT that he needed to climb on my lap, so I gave up trying to type with him between me and the laptop.
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

ArnoldMBrockman

• so many possibilities
« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2008, 07:06:23 AM »

And the word of the day is: PIGNUS!

And The Song Of The Day Is: THE FOLKS WHO LIVE ON THE HILL

Jennifer

« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2008, 07:11:52 AM »

I have a tv question (maybe DR MattH will know).

I see NBC is showing MONK and PSYCH on sunday night. I am curious are these the pilots for these shows?  

I am curious if anyone knows if they will be showing the entire season 1 or just an episode or two.

Jennifer

« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2008, 07:14:06 AM »

Also i have another tv related question, which i'm trying to research myself.

Does anybody here watch PROJECT CATWALK? I remember reading some posts in the past.

I have seen season 1 (with elizabeth hurley) and season 2 with kelly osbourne. But since PROJECT RUNWAY ended this week they have a new PROJECT CATWALK scheduled in its timeslot. Well it's written that it is new. I was just curious if there was indeed a season 3.

They are also starting the Tim Gunn show here this week. Has anyone seen it?

Thanks.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #18 on: April 05, 2008, 07:17:08 AM »

Good Morning!

I'm up, I'm up... And I'm sort of surprised that I'm up - and that I feel i got some semblance of sleep - since there was a car alarm blasting away on the street nearby for basically the whole night.  The first "bout" lasted about 20 minutes just as I had gotten into bed.  Then it stopped for a while.  Then it started again.  I looked at the clock, and it was 1:45am.  After I had drifted off a bit and opened my eyes again, it was 2:30am... and the alarm was still going off.  Thankfully, my body and mind were just too tired, and I was able to ignore the noise, and I caught a few hours of sleep.  Of course, around 7:30 this morning, I found myself awake again... As did the car alarm, so...  But, surprisingly, I'm feeling rested.  At least for now.  ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #19 on: April 05, 2008, 07:21:03 AM »

DR Jennifer - I'm sure nbc.com or tvguide.com will have info about NBC's broadcasts of "Psych" and "Monk".

As for "Project Catwalk"... I noticed our DVR started recording some more "Make Me A Supermodel" shows.  We thought it was just the DVR having a hiccup since "Supermodel" ended this week.  Well, when I noticed the Record light on last night, I checked to see what was recording, and it was "Make Me A Supermodel", but it was the London version.  So, I wonder if that is what "Project Catwalk" is.  -It was kind of cool, and I liked that the catwalk's took place in front of more than just the panel of judges.  Having a full audience really added to the atmosphere.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #20 on: April 05, 2008, 07:23:41 AM »

Oh...  And as for "Tim Gunn's Guide To Style"...  I liked it a lot - and the second season is supposed to start up here sometime soon.  It's basically a very high-end version of "What Not To Wear".  It's essentially the same format, but they have some pretty nice designer (jewelry and dress) tie-ins, and Tim Gunn and Veronica Lake, his co-host, also seem to do a bit more pyschological work with their weekly chosen one.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #21 on: April 05, 2008, 07:27:26 AM »

DR singdaw - No apologies necessary.  I was just surprised - as were many others - that Carnegie Hall did not make an official announcement about the replacement until the 11th hour.  -Well, more like the 10th.  When I attended Hvorostovsky's recital on Thursday night, I did not notice any new signage for Sasha Cooke's pinch-hitting.  In any case...  I enjoyed her recital immensely, and she sort of reminded me of one of my classmates from school, Pamela Armstrong.  -Who I keep missing each time she's appeared at City Opera.
Make Your Own Luck.

Jennifer

« Reply #22 on: April 05, 2008, 07:31:33 AM »

Thanks DR Jose!

Actually, I was able to log on to slice.ca (the channel here that airs the project runways). And it says that the new season (season 3) of PROJECT CATWALK with kelly osbourne as host again will start on monday here.

I like this show a lot. IT is basically exactly the same as PROJECT RUNWAY but with UK designers.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #23 on: April 05, 2008, 07:42:35 AM »

Although I can't understand why they'd feature bare sailor bums but not bare sailor torsos.   :)

Well, you actually get to see a lot of Matthew Morrison's torso during "Younger Than Springtime".  ;)  -And it actually made it much easier to notice that he was breathing correctly.  It was nice to hear and see that the coachings were not for naught.  ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #24 on: April 05, 2008, 07:49:05 AM »

There were always a couple of bare torsos in the original SOUTH PACIFIC production; one of the bare torsos in London was Sean Connery's.

Good morning, all! I had a really wild panic attack this morning and couldn't get out of bed.  I don't have them often, and I don't know the source for this one, but it was most peculiar.  So, now I'm up and moving, showered and dressed, and ready to work.

On top of that I had very strange dreams: one involving my selling scripts for the Drama Book Shop out of a car glove compartment and being frustrated because the person I was working for had not added price tags in American currency for British scripts; I was traveling with this child named Mikey, and I had to buy him a hat at one point since it was raining (this part of the dream makes perfect sense now!).

I also dreamed that our lovely DR Laura, her husband, and a church tour of young adults were camped out in my apartment and there were people lying everywhere.  No wonder I hada panic attack.

BK, I'm glad you enjoyed SWEENEY TODD since I detested it and think John Doyle is a fraud of the highest order.  It might be fine in a bar or college basement for a $25 ticket, but for a director to make a Broadway debut with this piece of tripe staged for the $100 center section of the orchestra with no concerns for sightlines on the side sections where the ticket prices are the same is an insult.

So, back to work.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #25 on: April 05, 2008, 07:58:26 AM »

DR elmore - How was the rice pudding?  Did it survive the trip up from SoHo?
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #26 on: April 05, 2008, 08:14:31 AM »

Hmm... I just thought I'd check to see how much tickets were for shows at The Pantages, and after checking a few dates for the current run of Wicked it appears the top "regular" priced ticket is just $95.50 - which isn't too bad.  -So how come Hairspray was $30.00 more a couple of years ago?  *Although, I do know that The Pantages of allotment of "Premium Seats" (the $200 ones) is quite a good chunk of the center orchestra section, so maybe that's how they're making up the difference as it were.  ???
« Last Edit: April 05, 2008, 08:15:12 AM by JoseSPiano »
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #27 on: April 05, 2008, 08:18:09 AM »

...On the other hand, tickets for the upcoming run of Disney's The Lion King at The Kennedy Center top out at $135.00.

*And then there were the concerts by the Vienna Philharmonic a couple of weeks ago at Carnegie Hall.  The cheap seats were $76(!), and the top price was around $180.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #28 on: April 05, 2008, 08:18:55 AM »

OK - That's enough ticket-pricing comparing for one morning.  I should get ready for the rest of my day.

Laters...
Make Your Own Luck.

Michael

« Reply #29 on: April 05, 2008, 08:21:56 AM »

I am trying Apple Safari for the first time. Somewhere along the way it was downloaded on my PC. I am guessing from an update of my Itunes.

Dear Readers who use Safari how is it compared to Mozilla (My preferred) Explorer or Netscape?
Never stop dreaming.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8   Go Up