Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12   Go Down

Author Topic: VERISIMILITUDE  (Read 36397 times)

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
Re:VERISIMILITUDE
« Reply #270 on: April 10, 2008, 06:07:00 PM »

So I'm done with THE CLOSER for a little while, until after our spots go through testing. So I've picked up a job for TLC, plus finishing the Johnny Mercer demo. Sadly (for me), the producer in LA will take it from here. It will be a great thing for the film and for the Mercer Society. And I guess on the plus side, I won't have to make the decision whether to give up THE CLOSER to work on it. And I will make more $ working on THE CLOSER. So, I'm not terribly disappointed, but still, a little bit.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2008, 06:07:19 PM by Edisaurus »
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Edisaurus

« Reply #271 on: April 10, 2008, 06:08:38 PM »

I've been doing yard work every night after work...it's coming along, but very slowly. We still have lots of beds to prepare, and lots to plant. Boy, plants sure are expensive!
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Edisaurus

« Reply #272 on: April 10, 2008, 06:08:59 PM »

Time to go find some chow!

Edisaurus

« Reply #273 on: April 10, 2008, 06:09:45 PM »

I think the photo is worth a ten dollar word, I am just too tired to think of one!

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #274 on: April 10, 2008, 06:11:17 PM »

Of course I can, and I hope I didn't hurt your feelings by my comments.

Not at all.  I love you, Larry.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #275 on: April 10, 2008, 06:20:42 PM »

Here in Georgia, we "hunker down".

I thought y'all copped a squat.    Anyway, that's what Julia Roberts says in "Pretty Woman".
« Last Edit: April 10, 2008, 06:22:00 PM by Ron Pulliam »
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #276 on: April 10, 2008, 06:21:02 PM »

Not at all.  I love you, Larry.

Love means never having to say you're Larry.
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #277 on: April 10, 2008, 06:21:21 PM »

No...it's Jane and Sherlock that have class!

Just for tonight, though.  The rest of the week they don't have class.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #278 on: April 10, 2008, 06:22:56 PM »

;D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Jennifer

« Reply #279 on: April 10, 2008, 06:29:14 PM »

Really? In your mind it could be anybody? Even David Archuleta, the kid every teeny-boppin' girl in the country is voting for? That surprises me.

I'd be willing to bet it's Carly going home tonight. Syesha is another possibility, but I'm hoping she can hold out at least a while longer.

As DR RonP said, if you read my post again i said it could be anybody BUT LITTLE DAVID (meaning David A) or DAVID COOK.

I think my preference to go would be kristy or Syesha. Just don't care for them.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #280 on: April 10, 2008, 06:32:03 PM »

Anyway...I always thought women "stoop" rather than bend down or squat.

"She Stoops to Conquer", for instance.

DearReaderLaura stooped to snap that shot!

In NYC, I can imagine it gets a bit old when saying, "She stooped on the Stoop to pick up the paper." Or worse, "She stopped on the Stoop where she stooped to pick up the paper."

:-\

« Last Edit: April 10, 2008, 06:33:08 PM by Ron Pulliam »

George

« Reply #281 on: April 10, 2008, 06:32:47 PM »

I'm leaving now.  My friend Margo is visiting her sister in Minneapolis and I said that I'd feed her cats.  She said that I need to get some dry cat food (she left me some money) and that I should get the Iams in the orange bag.  I went to Fred Meyer today at lunch time to look for some...AND THEY'RE ALL IN ORANGE BAGS!! :o Well, most are.  I now need to go to her house, find out which orange bag (the different flavors have different colors on the label of the orange bags) and then go back. :P But she's paying me a little bit, so that helps.

« Last Edit: April 10, 2008, 06:34:57 PM by George »
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #282 on: April 10, 2008, 06:33:58 PM »

Anyway...I always thought women "stoop" rather than bend down or squat.

"She Stoops to Conquer", for instance.

DearReaderLaura stooped to snap that shot!

In NYC, I can imagine it gets a bit old when saying, "She stooped on the Stoop to pick up the paper." Or worse, "She stopped on the Stoop where she stooped to pick up the paper."

:-\

Or, "She stooped on the stoop to pick up the poop, left by the pooch."

;)

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #283 on: April 10, 2008, 06:34:06 PM »

And the word of the day is: PUGNACIOUS!
PUGNAUSIOUS: When a little dog with a squashed-in face throws up.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #284 on: April 10, 2008, 06:34:28 PM »

Then I must be a tub of love, 'cause I've never had to say I'm Larry!

Jennifer

« Reply #285 on: April 10, 2008, 06:34:52 PM »

re: IDOL

Is there any way in the world these contestants don't know their rankings? Surely Sysha, KLC, Jason and Brooke know right now that they won't be the winner. Or is that only obvious to me?

I don't know if they do or not. BUt it's not always obvious who will stay or who will go.

Right now i would say one of the Davids will win. But the thing is once someone is eliminated their votes often go to another contestant. So it's not always obvious.

For instance one of the guys who we think will win/do well could have a bad week and go.

You never truly know for sure. Kristy seemed dead 3 weeks ago. And now for some reason she seems popular.

George

« Reply #286 on: April 10, 2008, 06:35:40 PM »

Until later! ;D

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #287 on: April 10, 2008, 06:35:54 PM »

Or, "She stooped on the stoop to pick up the poop, left by the pooch."

;)

She stopped on the Stoop where she stooped to scoop poop left by the pooch.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #288 on: April 10, 2008, 06:36:30 PM »

Tonight's din-din:

French Onion Soup, a la Julia.
Salad, a la bag of Boston lettuce and raddicchio, with croutons.

There's enough soup for a second round on Saturday, when I get off work very late (Torchwood will have to be recorded - again).  No ideas yet on the go-with.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #289 on: April 10, 2008, 06:37:28 PM »

Then I must be a tub of love, 'cause I've never had to say I'm Larry!
You're joining the local chapter of Girth and Mirth?

;)

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #290 on: April 10, 2008, 06:38:20 PM »

You never truly know for sure. Kristy seemed dead 3 weeks ago. And now for some reason she seems popular.

It's 'cause she's real purty, and also 'cause she's got a great personality and takes criticism very well and doesn't take herself seriously.

And mostly, it's because she's stunningly, classically beautiful, IMO, and folks are beginning to realize it.

It helps that she has good voice, but it doesn't help when she's off pitch or when she closes her eyes while she sings.

I hope she can act.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #291 on: April 10, 2008, 06:39:47 PM »

You're joining the local chapter of Girth and Mirth?

;)

Never heard of 'em.  Can you sponsor me to a local chapter?  Do you hold office in yours?     :)

Jennifer

« Reply #292 on: April 10, 2008, 06:40:00 PM »

RE: DEXTER.

I'm curious when SEASON 2 started. It started here this past monday (and repeated tonight) on the movie network.

I'm not sure how many more episodes there are on CBS. But my sis said she'd record season 2 for me.  That guy is still growing on me! :)

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #293 on: April 10, 2008, 06:40:44 PM »

I have been trying to think of other means of publicizing Evening Primrose.  I'm sure when it's released and people start writing about it on the Internet, that will spur other people to order it.  If there are any copies left at that point.
HEY!  YOU!  THE LURKERS OUT THERE!

Some of us here at HHW were prescient enough to order more than one copy of EP.  If you want a copy, ya better START KISSING UP!

;D

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #294 on: April 10, 2008, 06:41:03 PM »

I have programming to schedule on my DVR.  And, sigh, I have unwatched programs in my cache needing attention.

I'd best scoot.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #295 on: April 10, 2008, 06:42:27 PM »

Never heard of 'em.  Can you sponsor me to a local chapter?  Do you hold office in yours?     :)
Not a member.  I'm not, shall we say, "well-rounded" enough to join.

:)

Jennifer

« Reply #296 on: April 10, 2008, 06:43:42 PM »

re: KRISTY

It's 'cause she's real purty, and also 'cause she's got a great personality and takes criticism very well and doesn't take herself seriously.

And mostly, it's because she's stunningly, classically beautiful, IMO, and folks are beginning to realize it.

It helps that she has good voice, but it doesn't help when she's off pitch or when she closes her eyes while she sings.

I hope she can act.

See i don't find that she has a great personality at all. I think Brooke has a great personality. And for that reason i can see why people like her. I guess i jsut don't get why kristy was not popular (in the bottom when there were a lot of contestants). Then she sang that America song, and now she is popular. It just seems odd to me.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #297 on: April 10, 2008, 06:46:07 PM »

Exsanguation. It means rapid blood loss, generally from the major arteries.
Bloody hell, so that's what it means!

Jennifer

« Reply #298 on: April 10, 2008, 06:47:53 PM »

RE: BIG BROTHER

LIVE FEED SPOILERS

i.e., who won the endurance hoh and who is nominated (not yet shown on CBS).

jlfj dljf djfld jfkd fjdj fdfjkdjkdfjdf dlfjdlfkjdfkj dfkljdlfj dlfj dlfjdlfkj df
I was hoping natalie would win. But actually something quite interesting happened. Sharon got off first (she had said her back was sore). Ryan (who i thought would fall in 5 minutes) actually lasted 3 hours. And he, sheila, and nat made a deal for sheila to win. This is interesting because now sheila will not be able to compete in the next hoh. They all made a deal that sheila would nominate adam and sharon (hey didn't sheila say she would not nominate him? :)  ).  Anyhow, she did. But the thing i'm wondering is whether she really wants natalie out. It's confusing since they are all telling each other different things. One scenario has ryan winning pov, taking off adam and then they vote out nat. It should be interesting. I'm curious what sheila will do. I would hope she would vote out sharon. But we'll see.
jldj fkljd flkjd fljdfkljdflkjdfkljdlfjdlfjldjfldjfldjfldjflkdjf lkjdf ljdfkld fjlk

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #299 on: April 10, 2008, 06:51:05 PM »

...And what exactly are acting "beats"?
Think of Sweeney Todd, when Judge Turpin is performing his version of "Joanna".
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12   Go Up