Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12   Go Down

Author Topic: FOR WHOM THE BELLS TOLLED  (Read 34796 times)

Cillaliz

Re:FOR WHOM THE BELLS TOLLED
« Reply #300 on: April 15, 2008, 06:43:40 PM »

My neighbor came to me tonight and apologized profusely, seems they not only accidentally opened my phone bill, they accidentally paid it too! LOL, I told them I have more bills if they'd like to pay them too

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #301 on: April 15, 2008, 06:47:38 PM »

But Jane-If the Soup is so good I rather have a bowl.Yum!. But then again I'm a Soup person. Split Pea -My Favorite.

I didn't say it was easy to only have one cup, just less filling if there will be other food with it. ;D

Jane

« Reply #302 on: April 15, 2008, 06:50:22 PM »

Cilla-that is hysterical.  Did they have paperwork to prove the check went to your account and not theirs. ;D

Jane

« Reply #303 on: April 15, 2008, 06:51:44 PM »

Did I mention the winds were sustained at 45 mph?

No, so what was the temp with the chill factor?

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #304 on: April 15, 2008, 06:54:53 PM »

Healing vibes for DR elmore!

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%][size=8]~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~[/size][/move]
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #305 on: April 15, 2008, 06:55:16 PM »

Good Evening!

I'm back from Carnegie Hall.  It was an interesting recital presentation.  Baritone, Pianist and Dancer, "enhanced" by lighting and projections.  When I first saw the program - Messiaen, Ferko and Barber - I knew it was going to be a more intellectual and meditative evening, and it certainly was.  The focus of the evening was based around the ideas of monastic contemplation and isolation, and the music selected for the evening were embodiments of those themes.  Well, it was most certainly a cohesive evening, unfortunately, having music that shares the same themes and even soundscapes made for a almost mono-chromatic evening.  Additionally, the whole presentation was conceived as a whole, and the audience was asked (in the program) to hold the applause until the end of the program.  The ovation was well-deserved, if not overly enthusiastic.  It will be interesting to see what the mainstem reviewers will say about it.
Make Your Own Luck.

Cillaliz

« Reply #306 on: April 15, 2008, 06:57:23 PM »

Cilla-that is hysterical.  Did they have paperwork to prove the check went to your account and not theirs. ;D

Not sure, but they sent it in with the bottom of the page from my bill, so I have no reason to believe it wasn't paid.

Cillaliz

« Reply #307 on: April 15, 2008, 06:58:32 PM »

No, so what was the temp with the chill factor?

LOL, don't know that, but mother nature was certainly pruning trees today.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #308 on: April 15, 2008, 07:00:33 PM »

There was also one technical snafu.  Zankel Hall is a small auditorium, but it does have a wrap around balcony level - I was seated in the center balcony.  As soon as the program started, I thought I could hear someone talking on their cellphone - well, more like hearing someone talk through a cellphone. My head - and others - turned around to see who was the culprit, but there was no one there.  Well, the "voice" continued for a while, then I realized it was coordinated with the lighting and projections.  Someone was calling cues!  It turned out that the technical crew had left one of the headsets on the follow-spot "open".  Thankfully, a gentleman in the row behind me - who I gathered was a director of some sort from his pre-concert conversation - got up and managed to mute the headset.  -And he walked up to the house manager after the recital with the headset in hand. ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #309 on: April 15, 2008, 07:01:10 PM »

Not sure, but they sent it in with the bottom of the page from my bill, so I have no reason to believe it wasn't paid.

And did they pay their own phone bill too?
Make Your Own Luck.

Cillaliz

« Reply #310 on: April 15, 2008, 07:02:03 PM »

Great Biggest Loser finale

Cillaliz

« Reply #311 on: April 15, 2008, 07:03:18 PM »

And did they pay their own phone bill too?

Apparently, yes.  Louis said he just pays whatever bills come in the mail and it was there so he paid it.  Pretty funny. At first they were so embarrassed they opened my mail they didn't want me to pay them back.  I will though.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #312 on: April 15, 2008, 07:12:56 PM »

Forgive me for being E & T (easy & trashy) the last two days.  Qwest decided to shut off my internet yesterday morning, apparently a misunderstanding.  However, it has taken from early afternoon yesterday to about an hour ago to restore my service.  Some misunderstanding.

I have caught up on yesterday's posts, but since it is now bed time, I will catch up on today's posts tomorrow!
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #313 on: April 15, 2008, 07:20:07 PM »

And from the sublime to the ridiculous...

I'm catching up on tonight's episode of "Hell's Kitchen"...  If a cast of characters ever deserved hate mail for their attitudes and comments, well, this is that cast!
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #314 on: April 15, 2008, 07:20:38 PM »

Welcome back, DR TCB.  Sleep well.
Make Your Own Luck.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #315 on: April 15, 2008, 07:22:31 PM »

~~~Vibes for No More Qwest Misunderstandings for TCB!!~~~
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #316 on: April 15, 2008, 07:26:56 PM »

Well, unless someone tells me NO!, I think I'm going to get THIS TV. :D

Of all the TVs that I looked at (at Costco and Costco.com), this is the only one that had only one 1-star (negative) review on Amazon.com.  All of the others had several...so it's practically a 5-star rating overall!  Almost the exact same 1-star review is at epinions.com and was posted on the same day.  But the 1-star review was mainly about Best Buy's customer service, not just about the TV crapping out.

« Last Edit: April 15, 2008, 07:31:00 PM by George »
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #317 on: April 15, 2008, 07:29:05 PM »

I don't know if either of the local Costcos actually have it in stock.  I'll have to check again, so I'm off.

Until later!

Jane

« Reply #318 on: April 15, 2008, 07:31:44 PM »

TCB, glad it was only a misunderstanding that kept you away, not something medical.

'night

ArnoldMBrockman

• so many possibilities
« Reply #319 on: April 15, 2008, 07:40:03 PM »

Well, unless someone tells me NO!, I think I'm going to get THIS TV. :D

Of all the TVs that I looked at (at Costco and Costco.com), this is the only one that had only one 1-star (negative) review on Amazon.com.  All of the others had several...so it's practically a 5-star rating overall!  Almost the exact same 1-star review is at epinions.com and was posted on the same day.  But the 1-star review was mainly about Best Buy's customer service, not just about the TV crapping out.

Good Choice,George

Cillaliz

« Reply #320 on: April 15, 2008, 07:55:16 PM »

Just checked my bill on the Qwest website. I owe 0.00 so yes, they did pay my bill, lol

MBarnum

« Reply #321 on: April 15, 2008, 07:55:18 PM »

I have caught up on postings while listening to the Telugu top 40 and waiting for tonight's episode of Big Brother.

MBarnum

« Reply #322 on: April 15, 2008, 07:56:17 PM »

Happy new TV buying DR George!

MBarnum

« Reply #323 on: April 15, 2008, 07:57:02 PM »

I got a very nice phone message today from the 1952 Miss USA.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2008, 08:07:29 PM by MBarnum »

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #324 on: April 15, 2008, 08:02:55 PM »

Hmm... I've been toying with ordering some groceries and semi-prepared foods through FreshDirect.  They have a line of heat-and-eat entrees that have been "designed" by some restaurant chefs here in NYC.  I was just looking at some of the Indian entrees from Tabla, and was sort of shocked to see the sky-high sodium levels for most of them.  A few of them contained 75% of the recommended daily allowance.  WOW! -Of course, now I'm wondering if the entrees in the restaurant are prepared with that much salt too.  ???
Make Your Own Luck.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #325 on: April 15, 2008, 08:08:27 PM »

Got the PS3 firmware updated and now have a fully functioning, up-to-date player: in my mind the best Blu-ray player currently available.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #326 on: April 15, 2008, 08:10:36 PM »

Thought of another MS as I was logging on tonight - Martin Snyder, the character played by Cagney in LOVE ME OR LEAVE ME.

Matt H.

« Reply #327 on: April 15, 2008, 08:12:38 PM »

I began my evening of viewing watching the bonus features disc on THE BIG GAY SKETCH SHOW. It's a very full disc of bonuses from extra skits deleted from the shows to cast interviews to some bonus internet content, bloopers, etc. Took me almost two hours to watch everything, almost as long as it took to watch the six episodes on the first disc.

Matt H.

« Reply #328 on: April 15, 2008, 08:15:39 PM »

NCIS had a good and bad episode tonight. The murder case was good and had a surprise murderer.

But the bad was REALLY bad, the ridiculous goth Abby losing all reason over protecting a dog who had viciously attacked McGee. I mean, she's sweet to love dogs so much, but I thought she ALSO loved McGee, too, and when he entered her lab all bloody and mauled, she hardly gave him a second thought once she met the dog. Not what I would call a friend. I was really, really disappointed in the writers making her so one-dimensional and single minded.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #329 on: April 15, 2008, 08:19:16 PM »

Well, I need to get ready for bed.  I have a semi-long day tomorrow that ends with a concert tomorrow night.  I'm playing for a short program for Opera New Jersey in Red Bank, NJ, tomorrow night.  It's sort of a mini-history of Broadway, just a singer and me on piano.  Should be fun.  -I'd post more details, but I really am starting to fade, so...

Goodnight.
Make Your Own Luck.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12   Go Up