Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Down

Author Topic: THE SHIPPING NEWS  (Read 21258 times)

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
Re:THE SHIPPING NEWS
« Reply #180 on: April 19, 2008, 09:39:20 PM »

Good Evening!

Well... Here's today's Shopping Report:

1 Victorinox Wheeled Tote
1 Victorinox Wheeled Travel Bag (Carry On Size)
-Both in Sapphire Blue - and both were 1/2-off plus an additional 15%! :)
1 Set of Bose In-Ear Headphones
2 Pairs of Reebok Running Shorts

So, a bit of splurging when it came to the luggage and earphones, but well-worth splurges I believe.

As for the other three members of today's shopping crew, well... Jeans, shirts, dress shoes, shoe trees, sneakers, a Bose clock radio, two suits, dress shirts, etc.  In other words, we all ended up splurging a bit today.  :)

*And the Woodbury Commons' VIP Shopper Coupon Book really came in handy today too.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #181 on: April 19, 2008, 09:41:18 PM »

PAGE SEVEN NEW LUGGAGE DANCE!!!!!!!

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%][/move]
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #182 on: April 19, 2008, 09:42:58 PM »

AND, DR Jose, the peanut butter cookies are delicious=THANK YOU!  Keith thinks they are great & like that they are soft.  

DR Jane - You're very welcome.  So... How many more dough balls do you have left in your freezer?  ;)

*And I really can't imagine them making them as big as the original recipe.  To me, that would sort of be an overkill of both peanut butter and sugar.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #183 on: April 19, 2008, 09:47:49 PM »

An now I will not watch a Bollywood movie...but instead will watch one of the great American musicals....CHA CHA CHA BOOM! (1956) starring Stephen Dunne and Alix Talton and a lot of mambo music.

Hmm... Well, in 1956, the following Great American Musicals opened on Broadway: My Fair Lady, The Most Happy Fella, L'il Abner, Bells Are Ringing, Candide...
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #184 on: April 19, 2008, 10:10:03 PM »

Well, all the shopping and walking has caught up with me...

Goodnight.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #185 on: April 19, 2008, 10:15:38 PM »

OH!

bk - As for you Pitney-Bowes woes, have you tried the following:

-Turn the machine off.  Connect the phone line, then turn it back on. Sometimes they will not recognize the phone line after it's been turned on/booted up.

-Have you tried different phone-line cords?  If you're house is wired for multiple lines - and many are - you may just need to use another phone-line cord.  Have you tried plugging in your the phone-line that connects your phone right now?  -As opposed to using the one supplied with the machine.  -Oh, and if you have digital phone service - if it's tied into your cable TV service - sometimes the machine can't recognize digital signals.

In any case, I hope your problems are solved sooner rather than later.
Make Your Own Luck.

singdaw

« Reply #186 on: April 19, 2008, 10:21:25 PM »

Eminently sensible suggestions!   :)

singdaw

« Reply #187 on: April 19, 2008, 10:22:11 PM »

Now I want a peanut butter cookie....

singdaw

« Reply #188 on: April 19, 2008, 10:22:56 PM »

Frenzy, anyone?

singdaw

« Reply #189 on: April 19, 2008, 10:24:59 PM »

I believe DR JoseSPiano wrote about hearing Maureen McGovern's new cabaret set live.  I can only tell you that her new CD is rapturous.  An incredible sing from start to finish.

singdaw

« Reply #190 on: April 19, 2008, 10:27:54 PM »

DearReaderLaura DR - I always knew you had discriminating taste!   ;)

singdaw

« Reply #191 on: April 19, 2008, 10:28:34 PM »

DR JoseSPiano - congratulations on all your purchases.  Sounds like you had a great time.  Shopping is hard work!  :)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #192 on: April 19, 2008, 10:40:13 PM »

Jose, I think we've tried it all.  It worked yesterday, and today we just plugged in the exact same phone cord, the one directly from the back of my phone base - we never used the one they supplied.

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #193 on: April 19, 2008, 10:44:08 PM »

Only, we're getting an error message that says "no dial tone" so we can't add postage.  My phone certainly works so it has to be on their end because we've done everything exactly as it should be.

Hint: if you have call waiting turn it off. (Call waiting modifies the dial tone and some interfaces may not recognize it.)

der Brucer
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #194 on: April 19, 2008, 10:52:11 PM »

Again, it worked perfectly yesterday - no problem at all.  Well, I'll be hornswoggled and pickled in brine.  Something der Brucer said about call waiting gave me an idea.  I knew it wasn't the call waiting because it had worked the day before.  BUT - I hadn't retrieved messages from my voice mail and when there are voice mails the dial tone beeps on and off.  I retrieved the messages, got a clear dial tone, tried it again, and voila!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #195 on: April 19, 2008, 10:52:33 PM »

Whew!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #196 on: April 19, 2008, 10:52:47 PM »

That's what I love about this here site!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #197 on: April 19, 2008, 10:53:08 PM »

I am dancing a jig.  We'll finish everything tomorrow, I hope.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #198 on: April 19, 2008, 10:59:17 PM »

Great news, BK!  Congrats!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #199 on: April 19, 2008, 11:04:17 PM »

BUT - I hadn't retrieved messages from my voice mail and when there are voice mails the dial tone beeps on and off.  

That's what I meant about the modified dial tone (your call-waiting shifts the calls to Voice Mail).

der Brucer
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

George

« Reply #200 on: April 19, 2008, 11:58:59 PM »

DR JoseSPiano - congratulations on all your purchases.  Sounds like you had a great time.  Shopping is hard work!  :)

Well, I did a bit of shopping today, too!  I finally bought a high-definition TV!! ;D I haven't taken it home, yet...but I'm getting ahead of myself.  So today, after my niece's both-sides-of-the-family get-together/birthday dinner at my parents' house, I decided to go to Circuit City, just to look around and see what TVs they had in stock.  

Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #201 on: April 19, 2008, 11:59:49 PM »

When I got to Circuit City, one of the employees told me that they had some coupons that expired today...and one of them was $150 off any TV that's $999 or more (excluding clearance items).  That's a good deal!  I looked at all of the TVs and one display showed an "open box special" for only $1109.96 (Amazon lists this model, the Panasonic TH-50PX75U 50-inch 720p Plasma HDTV, at $1407.95, full price is $1999.99)!  It's the same model that Costco has, but $190 less!!  So what if the box is open, it already costs less AND it'll be another $150 off!  I decided to get it, and when the guy scanned the TV's "open box special" barcode and the coupon into their computer, the total before tax was $799.96!!  WHAT??  ONLY $800??  That's ANOTHER $160 off!! :D Even the Circuit City guy was surprised.

George

« Reply #202 on: April 20, 2008, 12:00:31 AM »

Well...the bad news as to why it's another $160 off:  It turns out that the "open box" isn't so much an open box as a non-existant box.  It's a display model (still in great condition, though) but they don't have the box AND they don't have the stand!! :( Anyway, they were able to put together another box and they'll pack it very carefully.  But about the missing stand, I was thinking about getting a high-def TV stand/shelf unit at Costco that has a post you attach your TV to, so that you can swivel it back and forth.  I guess I'll get it.  And with ALL the money that I'm saving ($1200 less than the full list price, $500 less than Cosco!) I can get the stand and still be ahead!!  

George

« Reply #203 on: April 20, 2008, 12:01:28 AM »

As for me not taking it home tonight...the TV in the box is too big to fit in Larry's Honda CRV, but my friend Margo said that we could borrow her Honda Odyssey tomorow.  Her back seats can be taken out, so it'll have plenty of room for the TV box.

George

« Reply #204 on: April 20, 2008, 12:01:44 AM »

And that was the story of my buying a high-def TV...and getting the deal of a lifetime! :D

George

« Reply #205 on: April 20, 2008, 12:03:28 AM »

AND it was for the TV that I was going to get, anyway!!
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Up