Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9   Go Down

Author Topic: THE PARAGRAPH ABOVE  (Read 26188 times)

Ann

• Cake or Death?
    • My LiveJournal
Re:THE PARAGRAPH ABOVE
« Reply #180 on: February 11, 2004, 06:35:41 PM »

Best of vibes for WFO and Joe.  it makes my blood boil to think of how unjust the justice system can be in this country.  May the 60 days past as quickly as possible.  

Disney films...I love 'em, almost all of them.  Except for a few of the more recent ones.  More details later...

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #181 on: February 11, 2004, 06:54:54 PM »

It's not a "justice system" -- it's a "legal system."
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

Kerry

« Reply #182 on: February 11, 2004, 06:56:50 PM »

WFO-- you have my sympathies and regrets.  And the 60 days will go by slowly---- for the next 60 days.   But it WILL be over and WILL pass.   You are both survivors, and you'll survive this.   ASK Jane, Panni, SWoody, Me, and others about surviving. You will-- trust me.  You can later channel your anger into something constructive.

After Jose makes me some fudge, maybe he could bake Joe a cake with a file in it!

Drinking songs:  "The Drinking Song" from "Student Prince" and "Make It Another Old-fashioned Please"
I also like "Scotch and Soda"  Who did that-- the Kingston Trio?

Someone mentioned Master and the Commander--  I think an old boyfriend and I played that once :-X

Jose, I want to hear the Unpublishable stories!  Compile them while you're baking cookies and cakes and stirring fudge to send to Arizona!

Disney-  Favorite song (and sequence) would have to be "Baby Mine" from DUMBO.

The Ethel Smith number from Make Mine Music (or Three Caballeros or whatever it was from was so surreal.  It was like something Timopthy leary would have come up with).

WFO, send Joe a hug from LYn, Sugar and me.

Tom--

Thank you again!   Also-- telll Colin we love his beautiful painting.  I've been trying to post a pic for my profile which I KNOW is small enough, but I still keep gettting the message that it's too big.  Now let's just leave that line alone.

Panni-- I want to read some of your work!!!!
I like boat races.

Dan-in-Toronto

« Reply #183 on: February 11, 2004, 07:07:31 PM »

DR WFO,

Please know that my thoughts are with you and Joe. I'm so sorry it has come to this. I wish you both strength.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #184 on: February 11, 2004, 07:15:26 PM »

Dear Reader Jane:  101 Dalmations was the very first motion picture I saw in a theatre, as it was for your eldest son!

How cute.  I haven't a clue what my first movie was.

Elmore3003 thanks for the date.  Guess I now know what my favorite post 1960 Disney movie is. :)

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #185 on: February 11, 2004, 07:21:30 PM »

WFO-- you have my sympathies and regrets.  And the 60 days will go by slowly---- for the next 60 days.   But it WILL be over and WILL pass.   You are both survivors, and you'll survive this.  

So true and well put Kerry, words to give strength and hope.

Kerry

« Reply #186 on: February 11, 2004, 07:29:30 PM »

One more thought, WFO:  at leat you both KNOW now what the outcome is.  NOT KNOWING is one of the hardest things to get through (for me, anyway).

Now, Jose.  AFTER the fudge, how does one get off sugar?  I can't get enough lately.  My sweet toooth has taken over.  THE ATTACK OF THE 50 FOOT SWEEET TOOTH!

MattH-- feel better.  You want to be in good shape to appreciate the NY apartment, bar and light fixtures of the successful.

JRAND:  What can we do for YOU?  
I like boat races.

Panni

• What are men for -- if not to amuse a woman!
« Reply #187 on: February 11, 2004, 07:38:16 PM »

Panni-- I want to read some of your work!!!!

Thank you, Kerry. I write mainly screenplays, so rather than read, you could watch my stuff. Some is available fairly cheaply on the Internet - not all on DVD, unfortunately. But I know you can get MY LOUISIANA SKY on DVD. MISS ROSE WHITE is a favorite of mine, but it's only available on cassette. It can be bought very cheaply, though. AMELIA EARHART, THE FINAL FLIGHT with the ever popular Diane Keaton is good. Diane gives a wonderful performance, as does Bruce Dern. I don't know if it's available cheaply or not. That's enough to start with, I do believe. Thanks again for wanting to see my work!

Panni

« Reply #188 on: February 11, 2004, 07:42:59 PM »

WFO - Although I posted about it earlier - I want to repeat what Dan said - wishing you strength. Tonight will probably be one of the hardest for you. We're all out here in different corners of the world, wishing you and Joe well and thinking of you.

William F. Orr

• Jeeper Creepers!
« Reply #189 on: February 11, 2004, 07:57:03 PM »

Wish I had time to comment on everything before I hit the sack (!!!! "What did the sack ever do to you that you should hit it," BK would probably remark.), but I'm beat.

I read all your nice, lovely, and jiggy posts today, though I've been pretty quiet.  I love this place, and you are a great group of people.  I guess Mr. Bruce Kimmel is some sort of Good People magnet.

As for the Whole Story, that will be told here eventually, but now is not the time!  (Oh, a Hugh-Wheeler's-Book-for-Candide reference!)  I mean, maybe veiled recountings with the names of the butt-cheeks changed to protect the Evil.  But the novel, play, film, musical, musical film, cocktail napkins, and lunch boxes will come later.

And Tomovoz, thank you so much for sharing Colin's painting.  You must know that it has now been downloaded all over the world.  Good thing you're not a megalithic record company!
"Champagne to my real friends, and real pain to my sham friends!"
--Wayland Flowers

Emily

« Reply #190 on: February 11, 2004, 08:00:44 PM »

ooh ooh

I want an "ugly business" lunchbox!!! ;)
"We've heard that a million monkeys at a million keyboards could produce the complete works of Shakespeare; now, thanks to the Internet, we know that is not true" except at HHW of course! - Robert Wilensky

Panni

« Reply #191 on: February 11, 2004, 08:02:10 PM »

How absolutely bizarre. I just now read WFO's last post and when I looked at his photo there were "bars" in front of it - lines which ran horizontally across his picture, making it look like he was looking at us from behind bars. "A tribute to Joe, " I thought and wondered how he had achieved the effect. Then I looked at another page and came back - and the "bars" were gone. So it must've been some computer glitch. Or am I just going crazy?

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #192 on: February 11, 2004, 08:11:36 PM »

"going" crazy???  I think it is quite possible you passed that mark (bakalor) some time ago.

Tomovoz

« Reply #193 on: February 11, 2004, 08:33:15 PM »

DR WFO: Colin still has not paid my Teddy Bears for "sitting" for a number of paintings so I shall give what I can to the world until his debts are settled. Already the Bears have withheld cuddling rights from him. Some of the bears posed without clothes and they should I believe be on an even higher rate of remuneration.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #194 on: February 11, 2004, 08:42:00 PM »

Unpaid Bears
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

William F. Orr

• Jeeper Creepers!
« Reply #195 on: February 11, 2004, 08:43:48 PM »

Well, rest assured, all you Save the Sacks activists, I have not as yet hit said sack.

I've been lulling myself to sleep with Brent Barrett's Kander and Ebb CD.  (It'll have to do until the real thing comes along!)  And I was struck at how incredible the arrangements by Christopher Denny and orchestrations by Larry Moore are.  (Try diagramming that sentence!  Positively Germanic!)

Especially "All That Jazz".  Now I have to pull out Lea Delaria and compare her version.

[Quick!  What do Brent Barrett and Lea Delaria have in common?  Among other things I suddenly recall BK recounting having run into each of them by accident at Joe Allen's on separate occasions.  I dunno.  I have a weird memory.  Not to mention a weird romance.  Oh, an Alan Menken reference!  (Did someone mention that the York Peppermint Patty Theatre was going to do that show?)]

--My, my!The above reads like François wrote it!  Except the margins aren't narrow enough.  By the bye, has anyone heard from our witty Parisian lately?
« Last Edit: February 11, 2004, 08:47:47 PM by William F. Orr »
--Wayland Flowers

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #196 on: February 11, 2004, 08:49:30 PM »

So sorry, DR WFO, about the bad news. No matter how miserable we may think we are, there is always someone worse off. I've felt crummy all day, but reading your news just now made me realize how small my sickness is in the grand scheme of thiings.

I won't give away any AMERICAN IDOL votes, but I have to say the results didn't surprise me in the least.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

William F. Orr

• Jeeper Creepers!
« Reply #197 on: February 11, 2004, 08:59:39 PM »

Emily:

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%] :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*[/move]
[move=right,scroll,6,transparent,100%] :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*[/move]
[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%] :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*[/move]
[move=right,scroll,6,transparent,100%] :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*[/move]
--Wayland Flowers

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #198 on: February 11, 2004, 09:01:05 PM »

I've talked about the All That Jazz track before.  They'd sent me several versions of it on tape and I hadn't cared for any of them.  So, we just kept putting it aside.  It was always going to be a small track anyway.  At the studio, they played me their latest version and it was blah.  Story continued in a mo.

William F. Orr

• Jeeper Creepers!
« Reply #199 on: February 11, 2004, 09:04:33 PM »

Matt:

:-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*
[move=up,scroll,6,transparent,100%] :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*[/move]
[move=down,scroll,6,transparent,100%] :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*[/move]
 :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*
--Wayland Flowers

William F. Orr

• Jeeper Creepers!
« Reply #200 on: February 11, 2004, 09:05:49 PM »

Okay, a mo is over, BK.  And... ?
--Wayland Flowers

William E. Lurie

« Reply #201 on: February 11, 2004, 09:07:31 PM »

And the film where a female cat invites a male cat into her quarters is The Aristocats, made during the "What would Walt Do" era, not Oliver and Co., which came much later.

No - It's OLIVER & COMPANY - It was the Bette Midler cat and the Cheech Marin cat.
Years from now when you talk of this --- and you will --- be kind.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #202 on: February 11, 2004, 09:09:56 PM »

All my good thoughts and prayers (yes, prayers) to WFO and Joe.

Welcome Elmore3003 (I loved the interview)

In the months I have been visiting HHW, I have gotten to know so many wonderful things about such a wide and diverse group of my fellow visitors.  But never, never, never, (that's three nevers) did I ever imagine that I would find out, from so many of you, what portion of the anatomy you use to flush the toilet!
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #203 on: February 11, 2004, 09:13:17 PM »

How cute.  I haven't a clue what my first movie was.

Elmore3003 thanks for the date.  Guess I now know what my favorite post 1960 Disney movie is. :)

Jane -- Does Keith know that you are dating again?
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Panni

« Reply #204 on: February 11, 2004, 09:17:55 PM »

FS Pogue - A question which arises out of frustration. Do you often in note sessions get asked to cut chunks of the script because of time, but are asked to put in numerous new scenes and elements which ADD pages?

William F. Orr

• Jeeper Creepers!
« Reply #205 on: February 11, 2004, 09:22:02 PM »

Consarn it, BK, I waited a mo.  I waited one mo.  I waited two mos.  I waited three mos.  It's been so many mos I stopped counting.

That's it!  I'll give you... one mo' mo!
« Last Edit: February 11, 2004, 09:23:44 PM by William F. Orr »
--Wayland Flowers

Panni

« Reply #206 on: February 11, 2004, 09:27:52 PM »

Cute bears, Tomovoz. This sophisticated European artiste of a certain age is a sucker for stuffed animals.

Speaking of animals, there was a wonderfully funny photo in yesterday's paper of a sea lion happily sunning itself on top of a police car. It had somehow wandered 60 miles inland and wound up on the highway where it was finally caught to be returned to the ocean. I cut out the picture.
Then...in today's paper there was a small item saying that the reason the sea lion had become disoriented was that it had a bullet lodged in its head! (It's going to be fine.) Now who the hell would shoot a sea lion in the head?! What a world...

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #207 on: February 11, 2004, 09:29:57 PM »

Special request: Above, I mentioned my great-aunt. I will be visiting her again this weekend (in PA) for her granddaughter's Baptism. My great-aunt has cancer, and she's not doing well. This might be the last time I will see her. If you wouldn't mind keeping her in your thoughts, I would greatly appreciate it.
I will certainly keep your great-aunt in my thoughts.

If you get a chance, my dear neice, take the time to sit down with her, and listen to what she has to say.  In particular, try to steer her towards family history, stories you might not have heard before, the fond memories and family jokes.  And remember, what you hear from her will need to be passed on, to her granddaughter and to others.  It's up to you, kid.  I'm sure you'll know how to do your part.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Tomovoz

« Reply #208 on: February 11, 2004, 09:36:08 PM »

Cute bears, Tomovoz. This sophisticated European artiste of a certain age is a sucker for stuffed animals.

"stuffed!" I think not. I hope Butch and his friends don't read this.
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #209 on: February 11, 2004, 09:37:02 PM »

"Butch" is second from the left and he arrived here WITH his name.
James Thurber 1957
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9   Go Up