Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Down

Author Topic: HAPPY TALK  (Read 27462 times)

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
Re:HAPPY TALK
« Reply #150 on: June 06, 2008, 03:44:34 PM »

PAGE SIX DANCE!!

Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #151 on: June 06, 2008, 03:44:52 PM »

Hopefully, it won't screw up anyone's display.

:)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

singdaw

« Reply #152 on: June 06, 2008, 03:45:47 PM »

Um....

after all that work done on them so she could get a 10 on looks, I think not.

I believe that's what she sings in the "Hello Twelve, Hello Thirteen" montage.

singdaw

« Reply #153 on: June 06, 2008, 03:46:00 PM »

Thanks, DR George!   :)

singdaw

« Reply #154 on: June 06, 2008, 03:47:09 PM »

You frighten me!

Why do people keep telling me that?    ::)

FJL

« Reply #155 on: June 06, 2008, 03:51:57 PM »

My braces gone
My pimples gone

(a Hello 12, Hello 13, Hello Love reference)

They just don't write lyrics like that anymore.

FJL

« Reply #156 on: June 06, 2008, 03:53:36 PM »

Just kidding.  Really.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #157 on: June 06, 2008, 04:17:52 PM »

My braces gone
My pimples gone

(a Hello 12, Hello 13, Hello Love reference)

They just don't write lyrics like that anymore.

And then there are those lyrics in the last "Montage" that you really have to listen for:

AL:
Early to bed,
Early to rise.
Your broad goes out with other guys.

MIKE:
Padiddle

MARK:
Ev'ry girl I know has lockjaw of the legs.

KRISTINE:
The ugliest boy asked me to the prom. I stayed home.

RICHIE:
My trouble is wine, women and song.
I can't any of them.

And then my personal favorite:

AL:
I got Nancy's picture,
Annabel's locket,
Cynthia's ring and Lucy's pants.
Head on collision!
Eddie got killed.

Every time I've taught that to someone, the response after the first play-thru has always been: "What?!?!?"  ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #158 on: June 06, 2008, 04:18:47 PM »

So... Was Al a kleptomaniac?
Make Your Own Luck.

FJL

« Reply #159 on: June 06, 2008, 04:22:59 PM »

Is Eddie a reference to Ed Kleban himself?

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #160 on: June 06, 2008, 04:28:58 PM »

I'm way up in the nose-bleed section, but I'm seeing seven shows for the price of six...the seventh being the world premiere of Shrek: The Musical in its pre-Broadway run!!

I wonder if DR  MBarnum will journey north to see his heartthrob Brian d'Arcy James as Shrek.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #161 on: June 06, 2008, 04:42:54 PM »

Back from the band rehearsal and must now eat FOOD.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #162 on: June 06, 2008, 05:18:58 PM »

Today was the monthly lunch when the folks at work cook. Today they had a fish fry. It was the best fried fish I've ever had in my life! They also had stuffed crab, chicken wings (I'd never had fresh wings before...these were delightfully crispy and not unbearably spicy) plus homemade hush puppies, lots of roasted vegetables, yummy desserts. We were all in pain afterwards.

Crab stuffed with what?
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #163 on: June 06, 2008, 05:23:24 PM »

Singdaw, congrats on your plateau!!

;)

You've seen his plateau!  ::)
“One thing’s universal,

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #164 on: June 06, 2008, 05:35:44 PM »

My son-in-law makes it more an action sport - he keeps fipping the burgers and pressing down with his spatula to force out all that nasty juice - no runny mess on the plate.

He presents a lovely gray crumbly burger that sits neatly atop a cool, untoasted bun. There is usually lots of ketchup and mayo (I bring my own onion!)

der Burcer
Tonight, we'll be having Cuban Style Burgers with Grilled Ham & Cheese, an invention of Chris Schlesinger, of Cambridge, MA, and John Willoughby, of NYNY (pronounced Nye-Nye, in honor of Louis Nye, of course...  ;D).  Recipe featured in Build a Better Burger, by James McNair.

Start by mixing a spread of 1/4 c pickle relish, 1/4 c yellow American mustard, and 1/4 c spicy brown mustard.  Blend in a bowl and set aside to mellow.

For the patties, combine 1 lb ground sirloin, 1 t minced garlic, 1 t chile powder, 1 t ground cumin, 2 T chopped cilantro, 5 dashes Tabasco pepper sauce, a little kosher salt and a little freshly ground pepper.  Mix well, being careful to handle the meat as little as possible to avoid compacting it.  Divide into four equal patties, fitting to the bun size.

Prepare a grill to a medium-hot fire.  When ready, brush the grill rack with vegetable oil.  Place the patties on the rack, cover, and cook until done to preference, turning once, 5 to 7 minutes per side for medium.  Just before the patties are done, turn a second time and place a thin slice of baked ham and a slice of cheese on top of each patty.  (The dudes who wrote the recipe are calling for Monterey Jack, but I'm using Muenster.)

Toast 4 large sesame seed buns (split and brushed with butter).

Assembly time: Spread the pickle spread over the cut sides of the buns.  (No, not the side with the sesame seeds, fool!  And yes, the recipe specifies the cut sides.  Some people need to be told these things!)  On each bun bottom, place a patty, top with the bun tops, and serve.

(Truth to tell, a thin slice of onion wouldn't be uncalled for here.  I'd place it between the pickle-spreaded bottom bun and the patty.)

(Oooh!  Pickle-spreaded bottom bun!  Sure sounds like a euphemism to me!)
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

George

« Reply #165 on: June 06, 2008, 05:43:42 PM »

You've seen his plateau!  ::)

I should be so lucky!

;D

George

« Reply #166 on: June 06, 2008, 05:47:58 PM »

Well, I'm off to my sister's to watch "Frequency," starring Dennis Quaid and James Caviezel.  I've seen most of it, but even then, not all at once.  Now, I'll see the whole thing.  My parents are coming over, also. :)

George

« Reply #167 on: June 06, 2008, 05:49:15 PM »

Until later!

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #168 on: June 06, 2008, 05:52:16 PM »

Quote from: S. Woody White on Today at 04:03:22am
And tonight, on Doctor Who, David, Catherine and Freema (aka the Doctor, Donna and Martha) will be joined by Georgia Moffett as Jenny, in a tale entitled "The Doctor's Daughter".

As it happens, Ms. Moffett is the real life daughter of Peter Davison, who was the fifth actor to play the Doctor.  So she really is the Doctor's Daughter!

(And, rumour has it, Ms. Moffett is currently dating Mr. Tennant (aka David), which somehow has an incestuous ring to it.  My, my, my!)

Interesting...it's been a while (obviously), but I had heard that David Tennant's girlfriend's name was Sophia.
"Sophia" would be Sophia Myles, who played Madame de Pompedour, aka Reinette, in "The Girl in the Fireplace" (one of my favorite episodes).  That relationship appears to have played out.

What can I say.  David Tennant is obviously the "slutty" Doctor, both on camera and off!   ;D
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #169 on: June 06, 2008, 05:59:28 PM »

Back from the band rehearsal and must now eat FOOD.

See recipe above.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #170 on: June 06, 2008, 06:00:24 PM »

Time to see the Doctor!

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #171 on: June 06, 2008, 06:08:37 PM »

I am tired.
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #172 on: June 06, 2008, 06:16:12 PM »

Job vibes to JulieC....

Anti-annoying things vibes for bk....
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #173 on: June 06, 2008, 06:35:38 PM »

Just for you:

WASHINGTON POSTThe whole piece is well worth the read.

der Brucer

Very true derBrucer... There are very few memorable telly themes of the last few years. I have also been viewing old telly themes as of late on YouTube. Oddly some shows I recognize and some I dont. Now I cant get the theme of One Day At A Time out of my head...
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #174 on: June 06, 2008, 06:36:26 PM »

Contemplating some mischief....

Ginny

« Reply #175 on: June 06, 2008, 06:46:15 PM »

Friday evening greetings!  I am back from Cleveland, where we had a wonderfully successful conference.  In attendance were about 60 people from all over the country who have nonprofit outreach jobs similar to mine.  My drive was smooth and now I'm expecting DH Richard to arrive from his week of church business in Annapolis, MD.

In skimming the posts, it appears that DR JulieC40 needs some job vibes and BK needs some annoying situation vibes - consider them sent!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #176 on: June 06, 2008, 06:58:24 PM »

Friday media report:

CD(car) - audiobook - Gail Godwin's Queen of the Underworld, read by Carrington MacDuffie.

DVD - 27 Dresses
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #177 on: June 06, 2008, 07:13:59 PM »

I must say, my head feels like it's going to explode.  

Cillaliz

« Reply #178 on: June 06, 2008, 07:42:53 PM »

TOD   Drowsy Chaperone in Car

FJL

« Reply #179 on: June 06, 2008, 07:54:05 PM »

Are we at lucky 7 yet?
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Up