Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: HAPPY TALK  (Read 27448 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re:HAPPY TALK
« Reply #60 on: June 06, 2008, 08:49:03 AM »

I'm up, I'm up.  Had to have an early conversation with publishing people - the gal who was handling the new book (my regular guy for the last four books got promoted to a different department) up and quit a week ago without letting me know, so no one has gotten back to me in a week (obviously she wasn't answering e-mails), so they've assigned a new guy, a supervisor, actually, and we had a nice chat this morning.  He'll be getting everything at some point next week.  I think for this book, we're going to not do a separate website, but we'll put it in the book section of the Kritzerland site - in case you hadn't noticed, all the books have been moved over there.  Easier to have everything in one place, thought I.  Also, as always, there will be a free fun special thing for those who preorder from there.

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #61 on: June 06, 2008, 08:49:50 AM »

Also, if you want an absolutely stunning CD listen, do pick up Urubu by Antonio Carlos Jobim, with orchestrations by Claus Ogerman - what a CD!  Absolutely brilliant - especially the track Saudade do Brasil.  Stunning symphonic writing with female choir.

You should get Passarim.
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #62 on: June 06, 2008, 08:50:03 AM »

The band-aid didn't quite do the trick with the annoying thing, so I'm just ignoring it until next Wednesday.  That's the way it's going to have to be.

Jennifer

« Reply #63 on: June 06, 2008, 08:55:58 AM »

DR Jose, i don't really get why you put that smiley face after your spoiler comment last night (re: DR Elmore's post).  I'm not saying that DR Elmore meant to spoil.  But i don't get why anyone would post (i'm assuming the winners name) in a show that was just airing.

Jennifer

« Reply #64 on: June 06, 2008, 08:57:31 AM »

Vibes for BK's annoying thing. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #65 on: June 06, 2008, 09:00:21 AM »

WHOA!

I've been chatting with a friend who lives down in Fairfax.  Apparently, they had some pretty strong storms down there on Wednesday, along with a few tornados reported in some counties.  He's home today since his office is still without power... And his office is just a few blocks from my parents' old house!

-And I just checked in with another friend who was online right now, and, sure enough, she's currently living out of her office - and gym -  since her neighborhood and house are still without power.

The funny thing is is that I called my brothers yesterday, and they didn't mention anything about storms.  I guess they were spared the brunt of the high winds and rains.

DR Jeanne - Were you affected?
« Last Edit: June 06, 2008, 09:02:31 AM by JoseSPiano »
Make Your Own Luck.

Jennifer

« Reply #66 on: June 06, 2008, 09:00:31 AM »

I'm not sure if anyone watched last night's SO YOU THINK YOU CAN DANCE
(they chose the 20 people who will be on the show).

djflafjldafjoidufaoufoduafoiufduoafusfuoauf oudsfaoudsofusfouofusoi uo j
I think i get annoyed every year. But they feature some people really heavily in their original auditions, show them in vegas. And then they never make it. Yet person after person who i have never seen/or do not remember get through.

I think the end was quite something (with the 2 girls facing elimination). But i found myself disappointed again, that so many favorites did not go through.
dafjlkdfjdjafljfljdafljlfjdl;jfaljdsaf;dfdsajfsfjdljfdja fldj  kljlkjdfjdfjljlj lj j lj ljl;j
« Last Edit: June 06, 2008, 09:06:11 AM by Jennifer »

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #67 on: June 06, 2008, 09:01:42 AM »

DR Jose, i don't really get why you put that smiley face after your spoiler comment last night (re: DR Elmore's post).  I'm not saying that DR Elmore meant to spoil.  But i don't get why anyone would post (i'm assuming the winners name) in a show that was just airing.

I'm not sure why I put that smiley face either.  In any case...

No harm, no foul.
Make Your Own Luck.

Jennifer

« Reply #68 on: June 06, 2008, 09:01:44 AM »

Employment vibes for DR JulieC. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #69 on: June 06, 2008, 09:02:16 AM »

Today is NATIONAL DONUT DAY

Celebrated the first Friday in June, National Donut Day honors that sweet, deep-fried ball of joy known as the doughnut. (Probably) invented and brought to the Unites States of American by European immigrants in the late 1700s or early 1800s, doughnuts have achieved widespread appeal as a snack food for their unique marriage of starch, sugar and fat. Whether it's plain-raised, buttermilk, old fashioned, a maple bar, and apple fritter, ajelly donut, a French cruller, or Homer Simpson's iconic pink-iced, rainbow-sprinkled version, it's all good on National Donut Day.

"...luscious maple bars topped with bacon..."

To be had at

The Magic is in the hole, indeed.

der Brucer

« Last Edit: June 06, 2008, 09:03:18 AM by DERBRUCER »
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

Jennifer

« Reply #70 on: June 06, 2008, 09:05:06 AM »

I'm not sure why I put that smiley face either.  In any case...

No harm, no foul.

Well actually there was harm to me. That show airs here on Fridays. And we still have 3 episodes left!

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #71 on: June 06, 2008, 09:05:50 AM »

Today is NATIONAL DONUT DAY
"...luscious maple bars topped with bacon..."

To be had at

The Magic is in the hole, indeed.

der Brucer

OH!  I was thinking of heading back down to the Lower East Side this afternoon... And since the Doughnut Plant is down there... Hmm.... ;)

*And that Maple/Bacon Donut reminds me of the Milk Chocolate/Bacon bar that Vosgues Chocolates offer which was inspired by a breakfast of Chocolate Chip Pancakes served with Bacon and Maple Syrup.
Make Your Own Luck.

Jennifer

« Reply #72 on: June 06, 2008, 09:06:21 AM »

Oh thanks everybody for the suggestions re: cooking chicken on the grill.

I did boil it first for 10 minutes. And then put it right on the grill. And it came out very good!

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #73 on: June 06, 2008, 09:11:46 AM »

I did boil it first for 10 minutes. And then put it right on the grill. And it came out very good!

And next time...  You could always go the kabob/kebab route.  Just cut the chicken breast into small pieces, put them on skewers... They will cook in no time - with no pre-boiling!  And/or you could pound the chicken breasts thin, in order to shorten their cooking time too.
Make Your Own Luck.

Jennifer

« Reply #74 on: June 06, 2008, 09:12:42 AM »

Hmmm donut day sounds like just my kind of day!

Actually no donuts for me.  I need to cut back (since all my summer pants were way too tight).  So exercise and healthy eating!

It's amazing i can feel it already. No bread, no pasta, no rice. It's only been 5 days.

Jennifer

« Reply #75 on: June 06, 2008, 09:18:04 AM »

DR Jose i was not cooking chicken breast. I was cooking legs (with bones).

I have done the kebob thing with boneless chicken breast. And i love it on the grill!

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #76 on: June 06, 2008, 09:19:50 AM »

OH!  And speaking of BBQ, maybe I'll head down to Madison Square Park this weekend for...

Big Apple Barbecue Block Party
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #77 on: June 06, 2008, 09:22:16 AM »

OK.

Although, I have to wonder if the combined cooking time - boiling and grilling - would have been the same as just grilling?

;)

Grilling is pretty passive cooking.  You place the meat on the grill.  Leave it alone for a couple of minutes.  Turn it over.  Leave it on the grill for a few more minutes.  Serve.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #78 on: June 06, 2008, 09:23:39 AM »

DR Jennifer - Yes, I watched, I'm not sure if anyone watched last night's SO YOU THINK YOU CAN DANCE
(they chose the 20 people who will be on the show).

;)
« Last Edit: June 06, 2008, 09:24:12 AM by JoseSPiano »
Make Your Own Luck.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #79 on: June 06, 2008, 09:24:37 AM »

It's because, DR Jennifer, some of us leap without thinking. But I don't get why you post a lot of your comments either! ;)
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #80 on: June 06, 2008, 09:24:59 AM »

Vibes for BK's annoying thing. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thanks.  Boy do we need excellent vibes and xylophones right now.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #81 on: June 06, 2008, 09:25:46 AM »

Just nosing around and I've chosen the free gift for the book preorders - I think everyone will be very happy with it.

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #82 on: June 06, 2008, 09:25:58 AM »

I went on a 60s-70s tv theme frenzy yesterday at YouTube.  I cannot believe how much stuff is available there.  I also can't believe how many fantastic themes there were, especially in the 60s (it seems the great themes started to taper off in the 70s somewhat, or maybe I just stopped watching television in that decade).  Rugolo, Grusin, Fielding--I tell you, so much great music and each in about 60 seconds!
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #83 on: June 06, 2008, 09:27:56 AM »

Grilling is pretty passive cooking.  You place the meat on the grill.  Leave it alone for a couple of minutes.  Turn it over.  Leave it on the grill for a few more minutes.  Serve.

My son-in-law makes it more an action sport - he keeps fipping the burgers and pressing down with his spatula to force out all that nasty juice - no runny mess on the plate.

He presents a lovely gray crumbly burger that sits neatly atop a cool, untoasted bun. There is usually lots of ketchup and mayo (I bring my own onion!)

der Burcer
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

Jennifer

« Reply #84 on: June 06, 2008, 09:38:12 AM »

DR Jose, i think you are right re: the total time for the chicken being about the same.

But i just don't like grilling for more than 20-30 minutes.  Oftentime i'm not sure how much gas i have left in the grill.

singdaw

« Reply #85 on: June 06, 2008, 09:39:17 AM »

***EXCELLENT ALL-PURPOSE VIBES & XYLOPHONES***[/size][/color]
for bk!!!![/size][/color]

singdaw

« Reply #86 on: June 06, 2008, 09:41:03 AM »

He presents a lovely gray crumbly burger that sits neatly atop a cool, untoasted bun. There is usually lots of ketchup and mayo (I bring my own onion!)

Maybe it would be more enjoyable if you cut a hole through the middle of it.

The magic is in the hole, you know!     8)

singdaw

« Reply #87 on: June 06, 2008, 09:42:39 AM »

Martha Stewart has her good things.

Oprah Winfrey has her favorite things.

And our very own bk has his annoying things.

Jennifer

« Reply #88 on: June 06, 2008, 09:42:48 AM »

It's because, DR Jennifer, some of us leap without thinking. But I don't get why you post a lot of your comments either! ;)

:)

I know you didn't do it on purpose.  It's just if you had put the name of the show i wouldn't have read it.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #89 on: June 06, 2008, 09:50:55 AM »

Thanks.  Boy do we need excellent vibes and xylophones right now.

Then here's mine:
[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Excellent Vibes & Xylophones for BK and all DRs in Dire Need! ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[/move]
« Last Edit: June 06, 2008, 11:19:51 AM by elmore3003 »
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8   Go Up