Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Down

Author Topic: MY FUNNY VALENTINE  (Read 22459 times)

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
Re:MY FUNNY VALENTINE
« Reply #150 on: February 14, 2004, 10:09:49 PM »

...and just finished watching BUCK PRIVATES...

And the sequel BUCK-NAKED PRIVATES!

der Brucer (expecting BK to ruminate on why we can't have STAG-NAKED SERGEANTS, etc )
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

Jennifer

« Reply #151 on: February 14, 2004, 10:13:18 PM »

DR Jane wrote:
Yes ice it.  I would do what you are doing.  I gather the glass cutting board didn't cut you.  I hope you have soft comfortable shoes to wear tomorrow.

It was a glass cutting board. But it is very well protected. So no I didn't get cut.  I don't like wearing shoes (just wear boots outside or socks inside). I took off the sock and put a slipper on it.  But I hope I can get it in a shoe or boot tomorrow.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2004, 10:14:19 PM by Jennifer »

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #152 on: February 14, 2004, 10:17:03 PM »

Current lead-in line on FoxNews site:

"U.S. Seals Saddam's Hole"

der almost speachless Brucer
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #153 on: February 14, 2004, 10:34:20 PM »

No, no residency. I offered. Somehow it never came together - but the accommodations are wonderful, there is a salaried guy from the theater whose sole job is to keep the talent happy.

Damn!  How do you get to be the talent?
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #154 on: February 14, 2004, 10:46:06 PM »

That's not Natalie Wood!  That's Clifton Webb in a dress!   :D

Or was it Christopher Walken in a dress?  Only Robert Wagner knows for sure.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #155 on: February 14, 2004, 11:33:19 PM »

How about doe-naked WAVES (for the other guys around here)?

(Just trying to be fair.)

Now, about that bingo...

Apparently, several times a year a group representing a coalition of Delaware charities gets together and holds a bingo night.  The locations of choice are the Rehoboth Convention Center and another hall up in the northern half of the state.  Admission is $12 in advance, and $15 at the door.  For this, people are given a stack of ten bingo game cards, with three boards per card.  They can also buy extra stacks of cards, and for an extra eight dollars get another stack of "special cards" for special games, which have four boards per card.

They also sell refreshments, and have a 50/50 raffle.  Prizes for all the games are donated by local businesses (as a tax write-off, I'm sure, and why not?), usually with the sponsor businesses supplying someone to read for each of the games and promote their businesses.

This being Rehoboth Beach, there is the added twist of the hostess and several of her assistants being in drag.  Most of them were quite attractive, but there was one lady who should be reminded that drag and tattoos don't really mix, unless it's a deliberate impersonation of Charity Hope Valentine.

For nine of the rounds, it was regular bingo, get five in a row.  The five rounds with special cards required the players to fill in special patterns, with the cards themselves printed to show what squares were needed.  The final round required the entire card be filled.

Did we win anything?  No.  Did we have a good time?  Uh, yeah!  There were over a thousand people in that hall, with friendly cheering and applause for the winners every round.  The 50/50 raffle itself took in over $1600, making for a tidy purse for the winner and the charities both.

I don't see how this could be done as easily in some urban areas.  The opportunities to be jaded and cynical are too hard to deny there.  But here, in this more relaxed atmosphere, it seemed natural, and was a great deal of fun.

The only thing that could have made it more romantic for Valentine's Day would have been candlelight.  But that would have made reading the cards a little difficult.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #156 on: February 14, 2004, 11:56:43 PM »

Yes, it's the two-disc version of Wonderland.  

Thanks to all for keeping the home fries burning.  I'm afraid I was all in from dealing with all these incompetent DSL people.  They're now sending someone to my house on Monday.

PennyO

• Ah, if I knew then what I know now...
    • Penny Orloff
« Reply #157 on: February 15, 2004, 06:04:12 AM »

As for meeting in NYC, I may be up there Feb 29-March 2 to catch some friends in some shows and cabarets.  Will you be leaving March 1?  Or March 2?

I leave NYC on March 1, to catch an early morning plane out of Philly on March 2. Hope to be able to meet you while I'm in town!
PennyO
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Up