Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down

Author Topic: SHINY SHOES  (Read 25040 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re:SHINY SHOES
« Reply #120 on: February 21, 2004, 10:42:35 PM »

Very nice photo.  Panni did have a photo of us in our fine clothing, but she's not digital, you know, so she has to have it developed and then scanned and then we'll put it up here on the site.  What do you think of THAT?

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #121 on: February 21, 2004, 10:43:18 PM »

Family Reunion

We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

Tomovoz

« Reply #122 on: February 21, 2004, 10:45:33 PM »

Panni's not ditigal? She's real? I am in shock.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Jay

• This is the face of a voracious aficionado
« Reply #123 on: February 21, 2004, 10:46:00 PM »

I fear I've been E&T today.  Cousins from the east coast are here visiting, so a schlep down to Orange County so my mom could be involved was required.  

I saw Clutter last night at the ColonyTheatre, Dear Reader Panni (and any other Dear Readers who are interested.)  This is a new play about the Collyer brothers, who died in their trash-packed brownstone in New York in 1947.  An enjoyable evening, but not Pulitzer Prize (or even Pullet Surprise) material by a longshot.  I thought the parallel story of the two policemen was rather lame.  I do believe the performance of Patrick Richwood, the actor who played the foppish Collyer brother, was quite good, though.

Dear Reader Donna:  Unless Miss Andrea Marcovicci has figured out how to be in two places at one time, she will be appearing at the theatre on the Pepperdine campus in Malibu on March 19 and not in Long Beach.  I should know, as I am holding a ticket for said concert.

Dear Reader PennyO:  Mazel tov and Brava! on your performance tonight.  I am looking forward to you doing your show sometime soon here in Lalaland.

Dear BK:  So, nu?  Where are the pictures of the handsome you in your tuxedo and the svelte Miss Dear Reader Panni in her two-in-the-afternoon evening gown as you made your way down the red carpet at the WGA awards banquet?
« Last Edit: February 21, 2004, 10:50:06 PM by Jay »
You cannot change the past but you certainly can shape the future.

Jay

« Reply #124 on: February 21, 2004, 10:49:16 PM »

Jeesh.  And all this time I thought Panni was a CGI character here at HHW.  You know, like Jar Jar Binks.  And now I learn she's real.  Wowsers.

DERBRUCER

« Reply #125 on: February 21, 2004, 10:49:44 PM »

Love chopped liver.

Dinner tonight at Jack McDavid's Down Home Diner:

Chicken Livers sauted with bacon and onions served on a bed of fresh baby spinach leaves and garnished with fresh buffalo mozzerella.

(This after a big bowl of black-eyed peas and pork-jowl soup with fresh biscuits.)

der Brucer (who snagged a jar of roasted chestnuts at the Reading Terminal Market)

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #126 on: February 21, 2004, 10:50:51 PM »

BK -- No one is more worthy of being a frenzy than you.

“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Jay

« Reply #127 on: February 21, 2004, 10:52:26 PM »

Nice pix of DRs Der Brucer, S. Woody White and Diva of the Jewish Thighs, Miss Penny O.

Tomovoz

« Reply #128 on: February 21, 2004, 10:53:56 PM »

I shall return to my tape transfer. "Grief for Sin" and "O Thou That Tellest Good Tidings To Zion" are about to be followed by "He Shall Feed His Flock".. Back soon.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Jay

« Reply #129 on: February 21, 2004, 10:55:28 PM »

I shall return to my tape transfer. "Grief for Sin" and "O Thou That Tellest Good Tidings To Zion" are about to be followed by "He Shall Feed His Flock".. Back soon.

You hosting some kind of revival meeting at your house, Dear Reader Tomovoz?

DERBRUCER

« Reply #130 on: February 21, 2004, 11:05:08 PM »

You hosting some kind of revival meeting at your house, Dear Reader Tomovoz?

I suspect he is preparing audition material for William Hung's "Return to Oz" tour.

Tomovoz

« Reply #131 on: February 21, 2004, 11:06:29 PM »

Next up is "Softly Awakens My Heart". sounds like a steal from the Jackie Wilson hit of 1960 "Night" with maybe a touch of Neil Sedaka's "Run Sampson Run".
James Thurber 1957

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #132 on: February 21, 2004, 11:13:46 PM »

I just got back from seeing Stephen Schwartz, Debbie Gravitte and Scott Coulter in concert here in Olympia.  I haven't read any posts since the top of page 2, so I don't know what's happened since then.  Anyway, tonight I got this:
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #133 on: February 21, 2004, 11:26:56 PM »

I just got back from seeing Stephen Schwartz, Debbie Gravitte and Scott Coulter in concert here in Olympia.  I haven't read any posts since the top of page 2, so I don't know what's happened since then.  Anyway, tonight I got this:

Goodness, George, at first I thought it was Mr. Schwartz who had signed your program Love.  But then again, that is how Mr. Banderas signed his photo to me.  I hope it was a great evening, George.

Speaking of photos, I got some lovely autographed photos and a very nice note from Denny Miller today.  The photos are all going on the bedroom wall.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Tomovoz

« Reply #134 on: February 21, 2004, 11:29:17 PM »

Whose photos are you replacing TCB?
James Thurber 1957

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #135 on: February 21, 2004, 11:33:50 PM »

Hoo and ray - I was sure we'd hit a new low, but thanks to you late-night denizens we are safe and sound.

George

« Reply #136 on: February 21, 2004, 11:34:33 PM »

;D I LOVED this concert!! ;D Okay, the fact that I've been a fan of Stephen Schwartz and Debbie (Shapiro) Gravitte for a long time makes me biased in my opinion of the concert, but not by much.  Stephen started the concert with "Chanson" from The Baker's Wife then "Crowded Island" from his "Reluctant Pilgrim" CD.  Then Debbie came out and sang a song, then Scott.  They were all on stage for the rest of the 1-1/2 hour concert...with no intermission.  They sang songs from most, if not all of Stephen's shows, including the duet "As Long As You're Mine" and "Defying Gravity" from Wicked, as well as a couple more songs from Stephen's solo CDs.  Debbie sang "Meadowlark" and shortly into it flubbed the words.  She was so cute, though. ;D  They had to start over, but the audience loved it.  She totally got the sympathy of the crowd.  Other than that little goober, she nailed it!  Overall, the audience loved the evening.  I couldn't be happier! ;D ;D ;D ;D

I helped sell CDs before and after the concert and all three came out and signed for audience members (and me!) for as long as there were people waiting in line...except Debbie.  She had a flight to catch and had to leave a little earlier than the guys.  But I got to meet her and Stephen and Scott.  When people came up to us (there was another woman selling) before the show to look at the CDs, most said something like "I'll wait until after the show to see if I like him."  They didn't know who he was!  These people just don't get out!  Anyway, I also got this (BK produced) CD signed with my spiffy SILVER Sharpie pen (that no one else had):
« Last Edit: February 21, 2004, 11:37:16 PM by George »
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #137 on: February 21, 2004, 11:39:28 PM »

And this (also BK produced) CD:

George

« Reply #138 on: February 21, 2004, 11:42:48 PM »

And (finally) this CD:

George

« Reply #139 on: February 21, 2004, 11:50:18 PM »

As for the topic of the day, I don't have any vegetable or potato recipes, other than the instructions on a box of instant mashed potatoes...which I can make very well.  Now, I'm going to go back to page two to catch up (not ketchup nor catsup) what I've missed.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up