Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10   Go Down

Author Topic: TOO POOPED TO POP  (Read 62645 times)

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
Re:TOO POOPED TO POP
« Reply #120 on: September 28, 2008, 02:06:42 PM »

Losing Lana and Her Angst

That's the title of my next dieting how-to book.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #121 on: September 28, 2008, 02:23:20 PM »

Watching a motion picture on DVD and understanding that this is a slow news day here at haineshisway.com - not happy about it for all the reasons you know.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #122 on: September 28, 2008, 02:26:03 PM »

This would be a good time to take a nap.

Chicken breasts are defrosting.  I'm thinking they will go well with broccoli and brown rice.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #123 on: September 28, 2008, 02:31:11 PM »

I believe DR MBARNUM sent me a movie with Mr Jorge playing Adam in which he spends the entire movie sky clad.

I only watched it a couple of (hundred) times so I am not sure.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #124 on: September 28, 2008, 02:33:32 PM »

Not talking about politics would be fine with me....that still leaves a plethora and cornucopia of topics to palaver about.....

I was at work yesterday, and even re-reading the posts, I didn't have such a strong reaction, but of course I didn't feel it was directed at me.

So, there you are.  No politics will be okay with me.  

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #125 on: September 28, 2008, 02:33:52 PM »

Nothing goes well with broccoli, IMHO.

Kerry

« Reply #126 on: September 28, 2008, 02:37:09 PM »

I've been at a seminar all weekend, so I have a lot of catching up to do... on posts, on e-mail, on mail, on life.  :-\
I like boat races.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #127 on: September 28, 2008, 02:41:58 PM »

DR MBarnum, cute photo!

MBarnum

« Reply #128 on: September 28, 2008, 02:43:05 PM »

This is ABSOLUTELY what *I* love about this board!

;D

Matt, I might recommend that you purchase the DVD of the 1967 film THE SIN OF ADAM AND EVE in which Jorge Rivero spends the entire film in the au natural (did I spell that right?)

Jane

« Reply #129 on: September 28, 2008, 02:43:13 PM »

We all need to remember there is a difference between the "Party" and the "Person", the "Platform" and the "Personality".

Well stated!

MBarnum

« Reply #130 on: September 28, 2008, 02:45:54 PM »

What kind of name is Candy Cave?

Jane

« Reply #131 on: September 28, 2008, 02:47:34 PM »

I'm fine with not discussing politics. Of course.

:o ;D

ArnoldMBrockman

• so many possibilities
« Reply #132 on: September 28, 2008, 02:48:04 PM »

I wish all My Jewish Friends on this Wonderful Web Site A Very Peaceful,Healthy and Happy New Year.

MBarnum

« Reply #133 on: September 28, 2008, 02:49:11 PM »

I am beginning to wonder if Jorge wears clothes in ANY of his movies?

Jennifer

« Reply #134 on: September 28, 2008, 02:57:19 PM »

I've made up my mind that I will be taking Bear home to Mom.  I'll fly to Pittsburgh over the Veterns Holiday.  I'll only have to use 2 vacation days--Monday and Wednesday to do it.  

I don't know if they allow dogs to be buried at Mt. Royal but I don't care if I have to do it in the middle of the night.  I WILL keep my word to Mom and Bear.

Okay this post brought tears to my eyes.

Good luck!

Ginny

« Reply #135 on: September 28, 2008, 02:58:39 PM »

Sunday afternoon greetings.  Back from church family time and a grocery trip that required 2 carts.

Susan Stamberg says we were given 2 ears and 1 mouth so that we'd listen twice as much as we talk.  Yesterday, I grew a lot more ears.  And they hurt.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Jennifer

« Reply #136 on: September 28, 2008, 03:01:07 PM »

DR Jennifer, I wish the best for your friend's baby; one of my brother Randy's best friends lost a baby to crib death or something about 1978 and I can sympathize entirely.

It's actually my sister's friend's baby. I've only seen her a handful of times. Hopefully she will be alright.

Apparently it is extremely dangerous of a baby under 3 months to even get a fever.

I am pooped. Yesterday afternoon when my sister was trying to take my niece home she did not want to go. So on the spur of the moment she just spent the night. From 8-10pm we chatted in my waterbed. But then she decided she wanted to sleep alone.

She slept from 10pm-6am!

She was so funny though when she was in my bed. She just turned 3 two weeks ago. Yet the things she talks about are hilarious.

She was telling me about her favorite swimmer michael (phelps). And how he is a winner because he wins everything. And he gets golden medals. And she cheers for canada. And her favorite diver is alex (depatie), although she also likes the chinese (the guy who win the gold at the olympics). She just rambled on and on...

Jennifer

« Reply #137 on: September 28, 2008, 03:04:56 PM »

I personally would have voted not to ban any topic.

And i agree that it's not so much the discussion but calling people names that causes trouble. I would say it would be fine to discuss politics but not to refer to another poster when doing so.

Btw, i am most excited tonight about THE AMAZING RACE.

But i am also looking forward to DESPERATE HOUSEWIVES, BROTHERS & SISTERS, and DEXTER (although i need to call my sis and remind her to record it for me).

Jennifer

« Reply #138 on: September 28, 2008, 03:10:31 PM »

I'll bet TAR is gonna be delayed on the east coast due to football!

Ginny

« Reply #139 on: September 28, 2008, 03:27:07 PM »

Nothing goes well with broccoli, IMHO.

Blood thinners don't go well with broccoli, so I haven't had any for 3+ months.  It's one of my favorite vegetables and I miss it!
« Last Edit: September 28, 2008, 03:27:52 PM by Ginny »
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

singdaw

« Reply #140 on: September 28, 2008, 03:49:44 PM »

Hello, DRs.

Well, here's the thing... [to quote Kathy Griffin]

I am, quite frankly, embarrassed to be in the middle of such a brouhaha.  Despite my sometimes more intentionally outrageous posts, the truth is that I don't much enjoy being the center of attention.

I had posted this morning about departing HHW for one reason:  I didn't feel  comfortable remaining here when I had partially been the cause of a decision by another DR  - someone who has been a part and parcel of this community a lot longer than I have - to feel the need to depart.

The good news in all of this is that DR Cillaliz has been gracious enough to keep the lines of communication open, off-list.  We have been having an ongoing discussion, and this afternoon she personally asked me to return to HHW [along with bk and some other DRs].  DR Cillaliz herself is not quite ready to return yet, but she will be back eventually.  And knowing this, I felt that I could return to HHW in good conscience.

Thanks to all those who have messaged me privately.  I am sorry to have been a part of such a boondoggle on HHW.  And I will do what I can to bring DRs TCB, elmore3003, and anyone else affected  back 'round as well.

Cheers-
-David

Ginny

« Reply #141 on: September 28, 2008, 03:54:55 PM »

Today is the last Sunday in September, 2008.  One year ago, on the last Sunday in September, 2007, many DRs spent the day together in various combinations and spent the evening at the closing performance of The Brain from Planet X in the NYMF.  

Remember what fun that was?

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #142 on: September 28, 2008, 04:07:21 PM »

I personally would have voted not to ban any topic.

And i agree that it's not so much the discussion but calling people names that causes trouble. I would say it would be fine to discuss politics but not to refer to another poster when doing so.

Btw, i am most excited tonight about THE AMAZING RACE.

But i am also looking forward to DESPERATE HOUSEWIVES, BROTHERS & SISTERS, and DEXTER (although i need to call my sis and remind her to record it for me).

It's fine in theory, but doesn't seem to work, unfortunately.  As I said, it's the nature of the beast and for now I think it's best to leave it alone.  Maybe when everything has calmed down.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #143 on: September 28, 2008, 04:08:57 PM »

Glad to see singdaw is back and hopefully TCB will follow, and then Cilla whenever she's ready.  As to singdaw's post, well, listen, we've all been snippy or bothersome at times, me included.  It happens, and it blows over quickly and no one should feel they have to leave.  

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #144 on: September 28, 2008, 04:29:41 PM »

I've heard from all three candidates - I mean, posters, and have had nice e-mails.  Singdaw has returned, and TCB will be back shortly.  Cilla, I hope, will be back in the near future.  And that's a good thing.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #145 on: September 28, 2008, 04:30:04 PM »

And now, let me just say that I really will shut this board down if we don't get some postin' goin' on.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #146 on: September 28, 2008, 04:30:23 PM »

I mean, no one in the jernt but ME?

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #147 on: September 28, 2008, 04:30:36 PM »

I mean, we're STILL on page five?

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #148 on: September 28, 2008, 04:30:53 PM »

I mean, what the HELL is going on?

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #149 on: September 28, 2008, 04:31:48 PM »

Well, me and ten GUESTS.  Let me do my rendition of Dinner For One Please, James followed by my encore of Yes, We Have No Bananas.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10   Go Up