Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10   Go Down

Author Topic: TOO POOPED TO POP  (Read 62625 times)

Miss Karen

Re:TOO POOPED TO POP
« Reply #90 on: September 28, 2008, 11:16:01 AM »

I would like Singdaw and Cillaliz to return please, thank you.

DITTO! And that goes for TCB, too!

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #91 on: September 28, 2008, 11:17:24 AM »

As for Political Discussions...

I was trying to come up with some sort of quasi-elegant, level-headed and even-handed "explanation", but... It really is just a too complicated and very personal issue to discuss within the confines of an internet post.  However...

I think we all have a to a cue from Mary Matalin and James Carville...

We all need to remember there is a difference between the "Party" and the "Person", the "Platform" and the "Personality".
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #92 on: September 28, 2008, 11:19:10 AM »

Jorge is actually still in fine condition and still making movies in Mexico.

And which airline are you taking to Mexico City?
Make Your Own Luck.

Miss Karen

« Reply #93 on: September 28, 2008, 11:20:57 AM »

(A Shane movie reference) Singgg!! Come back!

ArnoldMBrockman

• so many possibilities
« Reply #94 on: September 28, 2008, 11:21:13 AM »

And the word of the day is: LIPOGRAM!

And The Song Of The Day Is:

NO NUTS- A SONG BY MARTY FELDMAN (NO KIDDING)

THERE IS NO "E" IN SNOWY
AND NO "Z" IN POSY
AND NO "K" IN BOUQUET AS WELL
AND THERE WAS NO "M" IN POEM
TILL I LEARNED TO SPELL

THERE IS NO "SIR" IN GROCER
AND NO "BOW" IN OBOE
AND NO "KNEE" IN MACARONI
BUT THE ANALOGY STILL HOLDS TRUE
THERE ARE NO "NUTS" IN DONUTS
AND SO NUTS TO YOU

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #95 on: September 28, 2008, 11:24:08 AM »

DR Danise - I'm sure you will be able to follow through on your plans.

*Heck, if you could survive a trip to NYC, and one of my Walking and Eating and Walking and Eating tours... :)
Make Your Own Luck.

ArnoldMBrockman

• so many possibilities
« Reply #96 on: September 28, 2008, 11:34:02 AM »

My mantra has always been-No arguments over two topics- RELIGION and POLITICS.

So my Plea to CILLALIZ and SINGDAW (both wonderful DR's) Is in the wonderful song by The GERSHWIN'S-
"LET'S KISS AND MAKE UP"

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #97 on: September 28, 2008, 12:09:22 PM »

Back from the long jog, during which I thought long and hard and also hard and long about the problems.  And I think the easiest and quickest and most sane solution is to not discuss politics - no one is going to change anyone's mind, people are going to post things others don't want to hear, others are going to respond in kind, it's the nature of the beast.  The Republicans and Democrats will both say they're taking the high road, as they always do, when, in fact, both parties are guilty of the same exact things - creating negativity around the opposition.  Nothing new here.  So, even though we might lose one or two interesting posts or a bit of interesting discourse that some might find interesting, I think that in this case the potential negatives outweigh the positives.  The bottom line is, everyone will have their passions and people here and elsewhere will vote their consciences come November.  I don't know one board anywhere where when political topics are discussed someone doesn't get hurt and leave in a huff, where the posts don't turn personal and rancorous even though the people were, prior to those posts, friendly, caring, and supportive.  I just don't see the upside, frankly.  So, feel free to discuss politics as nicely or as fiercely as you want, via PM and/or e-mail, and let's leave the board for the fun stuff, the support, the community, the family, and the interesting and informed posts.

Will anyone else leave because of THIS post - who knows?  I should hope not, and I do hope Cilla, Singdaw, and whoever else has bolted, will return post haste because it will be a lesser place without them.  None, by the way, have responded to my e-mails.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2008, 12:10:05 PM by bk »

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #98 on: September 28, 2008, 12:27:12 PM »

Well I will attempt to bring everyone together through their mutual hatred of me by saying I think this has all been completely silly.  If you were at a dinner party with friends and someone disagreed with your opinion, would you storm out and refuse to talk to them again?  Or would you simply say "F*** off (and I mean that in the nicest possible way)," smile insincerely and move on.  I would hope there would be no verboten subjects here--people will get their undies in a bunch over the silliest things and everyone should just take a deep breath and relax.  Or buy my new, improved voodoo dolls.
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #99 on: September 28, 2008, 12:31:12 PM »

Sadly, the Internet is different than real life - in real life yes, exactly what JMK says would happen would happen.  But the Internet is different and while I don't like to ask for this topic not to be discussed, it just seems the sanest route, rather than having people leave in a huff.  The party analogy is a great one, however, and I wish people would just learn this tiny lesson and apply it to the Internet.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #100 on: September 28, 2008, 12:34:25 PM »

I did the weekly weigh and was a little disappointed to have only lost two pounds this week.  It's consistently been between two-and-a-half to three.  But still, I have now officially lost twenty-five pounds, so that's very heartening.  Another five and then I will assess whether that's good enough or if I want to lose five beyond that.  So, if I can notch it back up to three pounds by next Sunday (and who knows, it may just be a combination of factors and had I weighed myself later in the day it might have been another half-pound), I will be very close to my thirty pound original goal.  I feel so much better and I think I look much healthier at this weight.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #101 on: September 28, 2008, 12:40:53 PM »

I did the weekly weigh and was a little disappointed to have only lost two pounds this week.  It's consistently been between two-and-a-half to three.  But still, I have now officially lost twenty-five pounds, so that's very heartening.  Another five and then I will assess whether that's good enough or if I want to lose five beyond that.  So, if I can notch it back up to three pounds by next Sunday (and who knows, it may just be a combination of factors and had I weighed myself later in the day it might have been another half-pound), I will be very close to my thirty pound original goal.  I feel so much better and I think I look much healthier at this weight.

bk - Just remember, the slower it comes off, the slower it will/could come back on.  You're basically resetting your metabolism, and that does take time.  Better to have your metabolism - and eating habits - in "good shape" now while you're actively trying to lose weight.  As well all know, it's the "maintenance" part that's actually the hard part.  ;)

*And, yes, you should always weigh yourself at the same time each day.  And it's very possible - and normal(!!!) - to put on anywhere from two to five pounds throughout the course of the day even when eating normally and healthily.
Make Your Own Luck.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #102 on: September 28, 2008, 01:18:17 PM »

On TV Tonight:

ABC - Extreme Makeover, DESPERATE HOUSEWIVES, BROTHERS & SISTERS
CBS - THE AMAZING RACE, COLD CASE, THE UNIT
NBC - Football
HBO - TRUE BLOOD, ENTOURAGE, LITTLE BRITAIN USA
SHOWTIME - DEXTER, CALIFORNICATION

You missed one:

FOOD NETWORK: Feasting on Waves, miniseries finale!

:D

;D
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #103 on: September 28, 2008, 01:18:41 PM »

Probably best not to talk politics.

So instead, let's talk about our favorite Jorge Rivero movies.

This is ABSOLUTELY what *I* love about this board!

;D
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #104 on: September 28, 2008, 01:21:24 PM »

Suits me fine to abandon political talk on the forum. I almost always refrain from participating; my mind is made up and nothing I read (or more probably skip) is going to change it.

Matt H.

« Reply #105 on: September 28, 2008, 01:23:24 PM »

I began my afternoon viewing with Thursday night's SMALLVILLE. A new gorgeous hunk has come to Metropolis, and it looks like Chloe has a new admirer. I'll be eager to see how this all progresses. New villains on board as well, so the show is fun again. Honestly, losing Lana and her angst was the best thing to happen to the show.

Matt H.

« Reply #106 on: September 28, 2008, 01:25:38 PM »

Next, I watched the one hour documentary on the production of last season's premiere of NUMBERS which was directed by Tony Scott. Done as a feature film with guest star Val Kilmer and given the luxury of an extra day's shooting and a much larger budget than the usual episode, the feature left no stone untuned from preproduction meetings through filming the three action set pieces (most episodes have one) and into the post production film and sound editing.

Matt H.

« Reply #107 on: September 28, 2008, 01:26:17 PM »

Then I watched three more episodes of the show. Will Patton was the most noteworthy of the guest stars in those episodes.

Matt H.

« Reply #108 on: September 28, 2008, 01:27:14 PM »

I'd like to get maybe five more episodes watched tonight if possible. That will leave me 7 left to do tomorrow.

FJL

« Reply #109 on: September 28, 2008, 01:29:04 PM »

MattH is closing in on post #37500.  That seems like a round enough number to be a milestone, if you ask me.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #110 on: September 28, 2008, 01:42:06 PM »

...So, let's have a poll:  Would it be best to ask for the political discussion, some of which has been interesting and some of which has been incendiary, to stop on the board - and be taken to PM or e-mail?  I, for one, am not political and I certainly wouldn't miss those posts, even though I've found posts from both viewpoints occasionally interesting.  No one's going to change anyone's views on who they support, and the tone has been turning nasty because of people's passions.  So, let me know your thoughts. ...

I have no problem with people stating their political views, or what they think of the candidates.  I do have a problem with people calling the followers of the candidates names.  I find it unseemly.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

ArnoldMBrockman

• so many possibilities
« Reply #111 on: September 28, 2008, 01:43:20 PM »

MATT H-

WHAT DO YOU THINK OF THE SERIES -LOST?

Matt H.

« Reply #112 on: September 28, 2008, 01:50:17 PM »

MATT H-

WHAT DO YOU THINK OF THE SERIES -LOST?

One of the finest television series of the 21st century.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #113 on: September 28, 2008, 01:50:57 PM »

Even though it's a rainy and muggy day in Manhattan I decided to cross the river and go to the Newport/Pavonia and make a Target visit. I needed a new pair of tennis/training/track/running whatever you call them shoes and since I got my last pair at that Target I made a return trip. Luckily I was able to find a pair. The Boys Size 6 were not what I was looking for (that's my size which makes it very hard to buy shoes) but I wandered over to the Womens section and lo and behold a very nice pair of Size 8s jumped out at me. A Womans 8 is a Boys 6 as I have discovered over the years. I have ended up with womens 8 many times when the boys 6 didn't work. They are a nice mix of light grey and dark grey with a very light blue highlight. These kind of unisex shoes are great for me and I'm very happy with my new shoes.

So... Hmmmm...  

Does Ant get turned on when you cross dress like this?

(Der B wants to know if your feet hurt every twenty-eight days.   ::))

;)

Matt H.

« Reply #114 on: September 28, 2008, 01:51:19 PM »

OK, I'm heading down now to clean my bathroom and then put away the folded laundry. Then, it's back to the Eppes brothers solving crimes on NUMB3RS.

WBBL.

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #115 on: September 28, 2008, 01:53:29 PM »

I'm fine with not discussing politics. Of course.
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #116 on: September 28, 2008, 01:53:50 PM »

Good Afternoon!

What a nice, lazy afternoon I've been having here at Chez Harlem.  Been catching up on some DVR viewing, and now I'm getting set to head out to dinner with some friends.

Laters...
Make Your Own Luck.

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #117 on: September 28, 2008, 01:55:47 PM »

56 to 35? What the heck kind of a score is THAT?
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #118 on: September 28, 2008, 01:56:42 PM »

So instead, let's talk about our favorite Jorge Rivero movies.

Movies???  You mean someone like that can move, too???

:o  :o  :o

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #119 on: September 28, 2008, 02:02:04 PM »

Back from Gelson's - I got some fruit and English muffins, and I made some of those cheese puff things on two and a half English muffins.  Two And A Half English Muffins - that's my idea for a new TV series.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10   Go Up