Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9   Go Down

Author Topic: I REEK OF GARLIC  (Read 68877 times)

Jennifer

Re: I REEK OF GARLIC
« Reply #180 on: October 05, 2008, 06:50:28 PM »

I watched TAR (which i'm glad is not delayed here on the canadian station).

I may watch DESPERATE HOUSEWIVES or maybe Friday's LIFE. I still have a bunch of things i did not watch yet from during the week.

Cillaliz

« Reply #181 on: October 05, 2008, 06:52:22 PM »

I watched TAR too.  Not sure who my favorites are but I was ok with the team that left

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #182 on: October 05, 2008, 06:52:30 PM »

I've said it before and I'll say it again - in this economy, and after so many years of doing these shows, Ray needs to rethink in total what he's doing.  He won't, unfortunately.  I would cut this back to twice a year.  Or, if he's going to do it four times a year and on Saturday and Sunday, I would somehow find a way to split the celebs over the two days, so that there's a whole new influx of great people on the second day.  And I hate to say it, but I would go back to the Beverly Garland hotel, and go back to having five dealer rooms and one room for the celebs - yes, it was much smaller, but it was ALWAYS jammed.

I certainly agree that he should cut back the number of shows.

And, Sunday has always been a bust.  Friday and Saturdays are much better.

Another problem is that 80% of the celebrities each show are re-treads.

And, as far as the new hot ones are concerned [e.g. Corman & Nielsen for this show], most people who want their autographs come the first day because they can't be sure if they'll be back on the 2nd day.

Oh well. it's not really my problem.
You can dream…or you can do.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #183 on: October 05, 2008, 06:55:28 PM »

Thanks Jane.  Hope you have a great day too

Thanks.  I plan to.  I'm going for a hike on Mt Ashland.  I had intended to go this morning but it was damp & cold, the weather should be nicer tomorrow.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #184 on: October 05, 2008, 06:56:22 PM »

I watched a little of the Gigi transfer - not quite as brown as An American In Paris - this one's too yellow, but not all that sharp and not all that good and shame on Warner Bros. for this shoddy work.  The featurette on the film was the usual tripe and yes, Dr. Drew was there pontificating with many words saying absolutely nothing.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #185 on: October 05, 2008, 07:03:38 PM »

'night.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #186 on: October 05, 2008, 07:04:47 PM »

OH!

DR edisaurus - It sounds like you had a "Mozzarepa" at the street fair.  They're a "Italian-Americanization" of a Venezuelan food.  An arepa is a corn meal patty made from masa harina.  It basically acts as a bread, and then you can fill it with whatever you like.  I had a Venezuelan housemate when I was in college, and we would sometimes throw Arepa Parties.  We would make mini ones, and then put out a whole spread of various fillings: cheeses, roast pork, vegetables, etc.

The next time you're in NYC, you should try to make your way down to the East Village and check out Caracas Arepa Bar for the real stuff.  Their de Pabellon (shredded beef, black beans, sweet plantains and aged cheese) is sooo good.

*They also have great empanadas too, and their housemade hot sauce is one the best and unique in the city, imho.
Make Your Own Luck.

Jennifer

« Reply #187 on: October 05, 2008, 07:06:18 PM »

AMAZING RACE SPOILER

I watched TAR too.  Not sure who my favorites are but I was ok with the team that left

fakjfdoiafuopdauf opdaufdajfkljdauofp suopaufopaufop uaofpuadofpudaoipfuoafsuopasufoufo
I was also fine with the team that went home. They really did not do well in either legs. And they didn't even show them much. but one team drove me nuts (the young divorced women). I cannot remember seeing a team do 2 more stupid things on one episode. I can get them misreading that clue but to sit there and dig when 5 teams right beside them left without digging was beyond idiotic. And then not keeping their taxi. And not calling a new one. And then realizing it was there the whole time. I just wanted to slap them.
adfuopa7f 98da7f 987dafdsds9f7af09dsa7f aklfjdaufodaufoadsufdujsofuisopf udopu op uopuo
« Last Edit: October 05, 2008, 07:10:34 PM by Jennifer »

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #188 on: October 05, 2008, 07:07:35 PM »

As for "TAR"...

I do have to say that there certainly are some interesting personalities and couplings this time 'round.
Make Your Own Luck.

Jennifer

« Reply #189 on: October 05, 2008, 07:10:10 PM »

GHOST WHISPERER comments from Friday's show

fdaufupda ofuopdsafuodsauf98dsa7f 98dsa7fasf iljdsafoiuofpuoaufopdufsaopuofp
DR MattH, i just read your comments and mostly agree. I was disappointed a bit in the premiere. I was expecting more. I did not even realize that was jamie kennedy. I won't say i was completely unimpressed. But his opening episode was not that promising.

I think with prof payne seeing the 5 shadows i was expecting that he was dead. I really thought we were going to start from that moment and have a terrific premiere. Instead we just get an okay episode. The end was moving. But i loved the relationship between payne and melinda. I hope he comes back soon. That will really be missed a lot. I almost feel like they need to make camryn manheim her confidente if payne is not going to be around.
dafudopaufdoa 7f98a7f987daf987af9a7fdf 7987a9df97ad98f79a987f9da7f98f79

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #190 on: October 05, 2008, 07:16:08 PM »

So far I've eaten a Subway turkey, some Quakes, and a peach.  I'm going to have to go get something else to eat - can't just eat 750 calories with a long jog. 

Very disappointing weigh day, too - I did lose but I can see that this last ten pounds is going to be as difficult as the first ten, although I'm going to re-weigh tomorrow just for the fun of it, because I did eat that very big meal last night, and did splurge by having cake.  Still, size 33s are fitting very comfortably and everyone's really noticed the drop.  Now, what to eat - I can have about four to six hundred calories.  Hmmm.  Don't want another sandwich.  It's probably going to be Gelson's - I could do the prosiutto and melon thing, but that's sort of boring - I could do two eggs and some ham - haven't done that in ages.  Could also go to Du-Par's and have poached eggs on an English muffin.  I also don't want to eat anything with more than five fat grams, which limits the choices.  Yesterday was a really heavy fat gram day.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #191 on: October 05, 2008, 07:16:44 PM »

Really good challenges in TAR tonight, and a real shaking out of the teams as to personality.....

I almost have a favorite....but I think I will wait a week and see what happens.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #192 on: October 05, 2008, 07:18:26 PM »

The Hazel Day Longden Theatre is closed for the season.  We have our Annual Meeting on November 2, but we put everything away today....mostly.

2008 is history and on to 2009!!

[attachment deleted by admin]

td

• td
« Reply #193 on: October 05, 2008, 07:20:01 PM »

bk - are you going to look at THE PIRATE?  I'm very interested in your opinion of that transfer.
GIGI, I agree is a far better transfer than AN AMERICAN IN PARIS, which IMHO, is not only brown, but entirely too dark.
THE PIRATE, to me, is just a rotten transfer, but I could be wrong.
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #194 on: October 05, 2008, 07:27:41 PM »

bk - "Egg White Omelet".  One egg has five grams of fat, so if you're really feeling that "oogie" about your fat gram intake, well...  Just remember, some fats are "good fats", and are actually necessary to keep your body functioning properly.

As for you slowed-down weight loss, well, you could have simply hit a plateau.  It happens.  It's natural.  It just means your system is getting used to being "lighter".  Just continue what you're doing, and "depend" more on how your clothes are fitting, rather than the number you're seeing on the scale.

*However, your body could be in "starvation mode", and it's trying to hold on to as many "calories" right now in order to feed itself.  ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #195 on: October 05, 2008, 07:30:46 PM »

DR JRand - No Christmas show(s)?
Make Your Own Luck.

Norm DePloom

« Reply #196 on: October 05, 2008, 07:34:37 PM »

Next, I watched the first three episodes of season 5 of MISSION IMPOSSIBLE. The show had begun to run down by now. The narrow escapes were fairly predictable, and no one on the team ever really seemed in serious danger. This was the season Lesley (Ann) Warren joined the team, but it was an ill-fit. Wanting to be a serious actress and not a Disney ingenue any more, she refused glamour makeup to hide her freckles, she smoked and drank. But it all seemed like a little girl play acting. She just didn't have the innate sophistication and life experience to pull off being on the team. She only lasted this one season.

I believe from Season 3 on the MI boxes say that some of the episodes have been edited from the original versions. Is this music rights issue or are they edited syndicated versions of the shows?

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #197 on: October 05, 2008, 07:35:38 PM »

No heat - no show!  It's a barn, you know!

[attachment deleted by admin]

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #198 on: October 05, 2008, 07:36:34 PM »

Congrats to DR DANISE on her Apple upgrade....I will join you soon.

Norm DePloom

« Reply #199 on: October 05, 2008, 07:37:40 PM »

I'm back from ENTER LAUGHING, which I liked. I think it's a very funny but very very flawed show, and the direction and cast were wonderful. My friend Josh was really wonderful, and he reminded me quite a lot of BK's performance in THE FIRST NUDIE MUSICAL.  I lost my program on the way home, so I don't remember all of the cast, but the two major ladies in the show, Wanda the girlfriend and the actress-daughter of the impressario, had very funny material to sing.  George S. Irving is amazing as he's alwaus been and his "Butler's Song," very raunchy and tres rude, was one of the funniest things in a funny afternoon.
[/quote
I didn't realize Enter Laughing is closing this next weekend. I will have to try and see it. I know George Irving's rendition of the Butler's Song from the cast recording but I would love to see it on stage. It's a great song.

I also need to get a ticket for Dividing the Estate, the new Horton Foote play transfering from Off-Broadway to Broadway.

It's been extended for two more weeks, I believe.

The revised version will be playing locally for a month down here. Looking forward to seeing it

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #200 on: October 05, 2008, 07:39:57 PM »

No heat - no show!  It's a barn, you know!

Gotcha.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #201 on: October 05, 2008, 07:43:49 PM »

Ah...

So... If you "collapse" the Quick Reply box by clicking "Quick Reply", then when you hit "Quote", it will then go to the full Reply box/screen.  Which explains the options for showing the Quick Reply box as "default on", "default off", or not at all.

Make Your Own Luck.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #202 on: October 05, 2008, 07:48:06 PM »

DR GINNY is no longer Shoeless Joe from Hannibal MO.

That clogging show sounds terrific, DR BEN.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #203 on: October 05, 2008, 07:48:44 PM »

Ah...

So... If you "collapse" the Quick Reply box by clicking "Quick Reply", then when you hit "Quote", it will then go to the full Reply box/screen.  Which explains the options for showing the Quick Reply box as "default on", "default off", or not at all.

Speak Engrish prease.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #204 on: October 05, 2008, 07:52:34 PM »

I think it is time for to go to bed.....and I think I will watch ATTACK OF THE PUPPET PEOPLE just because I haven't seen it for a long time......

td

• td
« Reply #205 on: October 05, 2008, 08:00:32 PM »

Not quite time for bed, time to wait for TRUE BLOOD on HBO.
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

Cillaliz

« Reply #206 on: October 05, 2008, 08:06:47 PM »

It was 81 degrees today....81!!! This is October... this is Iowa..why so hot?

FJL

« Reply #207 on: October 05, 2008, 08:09:45 PM »

Glad we didn't try to delay my parents' early anniversary dinner.  It was quite wonderful, and it was over at about 6 (about four hours or so), so i was able to get to the tax office for a while afterwards and take some of the burden off tomorrow's workload.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #208 on: October 05, 2008, 08:10:39 PM »

I'm just catching up on some of the posts from friday night.

DR RonP commented that the show LIFE will premiere in its Friday slot (as of last friday).

I didn't watch it yet (but i'll assume it is new). But isn't it also going to be another new one tomorrow (monday) at the 10pm timeslot after HEROES?

Yes. As I reported WEEKS ago, NBC scheduled LIFE for two Monday showings after HEROES in the hopes of building a wider audience for it along with its appearing in its regular Friday night slot as well. The shows have been great, but by doing this NBC will have burned through 4 of its 13 episodes in two weeks, and unless it gets a pickup for the rest of the season (the jury's out on that so far), we may see the end of the show much earlier than I would have wanted.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #209 on: October 05, 2008, 08:15:50 PM »

DR Jrand - I was.  ;)
Make Your Own Luck.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9   Go Up