Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]   Go Down

Author Topic: I REEK OF GARLIC  (Read 68189 times)

MBarnum

Re: I REEK OF GARLIC
« Reply #240 on: October 05, 2008, 09:16:05 PM »

LOL, Edisaurus!

And glad you made it home safely!

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #241 on: October 05, 2008, 09:16:08 PM »

OH!

DR edisaurus - It sounds like you had a "Mozzarepa" at the street fair. 

Yes, that was it exactly. It seems to be a franchise---I saw them again today at a street fair up near Peter's. If they decided to expand to Atlanta I think they would do very well.

"Once I was a schleppa
Now it's Mozzarepa"...

There was one company that introduced them to the market, and even though they weren't as rustic as some of their "followers", I think they tasted the best, and the product was more uniform.   They even marketed them with a "holster" to make them easier to carry around and consume.

Now, if you wanted to make them at home, they're actually quite easy.  The dough is simply masa harina - which you can find in almost any market with an "Ethnic Foods" section - water, and a pinch of salt.  You form the dough into patties and then cook them on a griddle.  My former housemate would always crisp them up on the griddle first, then finish cooking them off in the oven - this prevented over-browning, burning, since the dough actually takes a bit longer to cook through than one would think.  Once they're done, just slice them open and fill to your liking.  If you can't find some sort of queso blanco, mozzarella does work in a pinch.  Alas, they do not keep well; they tend to dry out and get tough.  But masa harina is cheap, so it's always easy just to make another batch of dough.

There are also a few companies that sell pre-made ones in grocery stores, some even with cotija cheese mixed into the dough.  Close, but no cigar.
Make Your Own Luck.

MBarnum

« Reply #242 on: October 05, 2008, 09:16:54 PM »

I found out today that putting a small amount of little cut up dates in my plain oatmeal is very, very tasty.

MBarnum

« Reply #243 on: October 05, 2008, 09:17:41 PM »

I do not have a favorite team as yet, on TAR...but I do know I cannot stand that Terrance guy! What a creep!

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #244 on: October 05, 2008, 09:18:20 PM »

My "mission" was accomplished then.  -The Enabler.  ;)

*I tried a Cinnamon Raisin one the other week - WOW!

Do they still use the cute little "lunch box" boxes?

Yes, and they tied them with different colored ribbons so I would know who gets what. And they have moved! I like their new space better---more room for dining.

Yes, the moved a few doors down a couple of months ago, and the dining section was finished a few weeks after they reopened in their new digs.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #245 on: October 05, 2008, 09:19:22 PM »

Well, I've been feeling a little "off" the past few hours.  I'm starting to feel my sinuses... :-\  So...

Goodnight.
Make Your Own Luck.

Laura

« Reply #246 on: October 05, 2008, 09:35:35 PM »

I still have nothing to say.
"That's a lotta hamsters."

td

• td
« Reply #247 on: October 05, 2008, 09:40:30 PM »

I don't think THE PIRATE is rotten; I just think it's lackluster which makes it a bitter disappointment (I think the Todd AO version of OKLAHOMA is a rotten transfer). One of the most vivid Technicolor movies in the MGM canon, and it just doesn't "pop" at all the way the laserdisc from the Judy box did. And when a laserdisc is more vivid and impressive than a studio sanctioned DVD, there is a serious problem.

Before TRUE BLOOD, I watched a couple of scenes to see if I had indeed recalled correctly and found the transfer to be seriously lacking, rotten for use of another word, especially when checking out the trailer - which is buried on the second screen of Special Features in the menu - which has proper skin tones, correct contrast and better color.  THE PIRATE's tranfer, to these eyes, almost has a sepia wash to it; definitely NOT the eye-popper that the laserdisc was.
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

Cillaliz

« Reply #248 on: October 05, 2008, 10:05:32 PM »

I am now ready for tomorrow's hearing so I better get some sleep.   DR Edi, glad you made it home ok. 
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]   Go Up