Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9   Go Down

Author Topic: I REEK OF GARLIC  (Read 68190 times)

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
Re: I REEK OF GARLIC
« Reply #30 on: October 05, 2008, 06:40:14 AM »

I don't know....if she has been trained like Miss Blue Moon she doesn't bark at intruders or anything around her....

I wish I could have a dog, but it is not to be right now.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #31 on: October 05, 2008, 06:48:45 AM »

Off to do my report for the board meeting today.

FJL

« Reply #32 on: October 05, 2008, 06:50:52 AM »

I feel like I've missed so much cherce info this past week.  After Yom Kippur, I hope to sit down and go through the posts I've missed, and if not then after Oct. 15th. 

It's madness this year because of the Jewish holidays - Yom Kippur on Wednesday night into Thursday and then Sukkoth (holy, nonworking days to religious people) starting Monday night, and then factor in the not-specifically-Jewish :) Columbus Day (therefore no Post office delivery) on Monday, and the 15th being Wednesday - madness I say. 

So from a practical perspective, for our religious Jewish clients, the returns must be in their hands on Friday unless we're e-filing or we're leaving no room for post office or FedEx error.

But I am having lots of fun with this mini-tax-season so far, just an exhausting fun.  And it's our own "fault" for not delaying my parents' visit this afternoon, but I didn't feel right about doing that - they and we've been looking forward to it, and they're going back home to Florida in two and a half weeks.

Ginny

« Reply #33 on: October 05, 2008, 06:51:03 AM »

Sunday morning greetings!  Since it's my one-day weekend, I've been excused from church and just got up.

BK's and DR Edi's sparkling Saturdays more than made up for the rest of us!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #34 on: October 05, 2008, 06:56:20 AM »

Good morning, all! I have a telephone meeting tomorrow at 11:00 am that I must finish preparations for today.  Around 2:00 I shall bus over to Lexington Avenue and walk from 79th to 53rd to see my friend Josh Grisetti in ENTER LAUGHING. I look forward to it. After that I need to run down to Toyland to pick up something I forgot to bring home with me.

Beyond that, I have very little to report. I'm happy, BK, that your reading went well. I am hoping that you won't miss the ungrateful singer's cabaret debut.

I have lots to do before 2 pm, so I'm off to work!

The Fat Conductor of Limitless Ego and Limited Talent tried to cross the Rubicund but his propensity for burning bridges while standing on them prevented it. And that's the story of  why his career is nearly dead, if anyone cares.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #35 on: October 05, 2008, 07:01:26 AM »

The truth is that the HOLLYWOOD COLLECTOR'S SHOW was fairly well attended yesterday.

With the exception of 1 or 2 5-minute lulls, there were always people at our table.  In fact, we were so busy that, unlike every other show I've attended, I was unable to get up, walk around and visit the other tables.

You can dream…or you can do.

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #36 on: October 05, 2008, 07:03:37 AM »

My hunch was right about one thing.

80% of the people who came to Roger Corman's table had their own thing for him to sign.

You can dream…or you can do.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #37 on: October 05, 2008, 07:30:11 AM »

Good morning!

Cool and beautiful this morning but heating up into the low 80s today. [sigh], I'd love to leave even these few trucers of summer behind.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #38 on: October 05, 2008, 07:32:26 AM »

I am waiting for the Blu-rays of AN AMERICAN IN PARIS and GIGI (due next year though they're already being released in Europe), so I haven't sampled the new DVD versions of these classics. I certainly have read many divergent views on them and am looking forward to seeing what they look like in HD in a few months.

Matt H.

« Reply #39 on: October 05, 2008, 07:34:01 AM »

I'll be working on MISSION IMPOSSIBLE - Season 5 today. There are 23 episodes, so it'll take me likely 2 1/2 days to see them all especially since I'll also be watching mucho TV programs over these next few nights.

And, if the Blu-ray of SLEEPING BEAUTY arrives tomorrow as I'm expecting it will, I'll have to put MI on hold and work on SLEEPING BEAUTY, a much more anticpated and more high profile release.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #40 on: October 05, 2008, 07:34:32 AM »

I forgot to mention that last night I watched IN BRUGES, an excellent film with Colin Farrell in a really wonderful performance. I had loved the writer's play THE LIEUTENANT OF INISHMORE and the film has that same mix of gore and outrageous humor.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Matt H.

« Reply #41 on: October 05, 2008, 07:35:59 AM »

On TV Tonight!

ABC - EXTREME MAKEOVER, DESPERATE HOUSEWIVES, BROTHERS & SISTERS
CBS - AMAZING RACE, COLD CASE, THE UNIT
NBC - NFL FOOTBALL
HBO - TRUE BLOOD, ENTOURAGE, LITTLE BRITAIN USA
SHO - DEXTER
AMC - MAD MEN

What a CROWDED night of superlative television programming!

Matt H.

« Reply #42 on: October 05, 2008, 07:37:29 AM »

I'll likely take the old DVD of SLEEPING BEAUTY off the shelf and watch it one last time today while I cook and eat lunch. I'm sure once the Blu-ray arrives, I'll be giving away the older version to my friend Jeff who told me he doesn't have the movie in any previous release.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #43 on: October 05, 2008, 07:43:31 AM »

Ah DR DRUXY.....please let me Mr Corman know how much I appreciated his mention of Miss Allison Hayes on his LAST WOMAN ON EARTH DVD......she would have made the movie even better!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #44 on: October 05, 2008, 07:44:55 AM »

I have been searching on the innerweb, and I found the information I needed about my LightScribe communication error.  It seems I had installed Nero Suite 6, which was in conflict with my HP External Drive....  Since I don't use NERO, I installed it and, and I am now happily printing a LightScribe disk....

Whew!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #45 on: October 05, 2008, 07:45:45 AM »

My hunch was right about one thing.

80% of the people who came to Roger Corman's table had their own thing for him to sign.

What was the MOST interesting thing someone brought, or the thing that made Mr Corman stop to examine it......

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #46 on: October 05, 2008, 07:46:11 AM »

No word on June Kenney, DR MBARNUM....as yet, I guess.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #47 on: October 05, 2008, 07:54:07 AM »

The truth is that the HOLLYWOOD COLLECTOR'S SHOW was fairly well attended yesterday.

With the exception of 1 or 2 5-minute lulls, there were always people at our table.  In fact, we were so busy that, unlike every other show I've attended, I was unable to get up, walk around and visit the other tables.

I received an e-mail from someone who goes to the show regularly and was merely passing on HER assessment of the attendance.  But since Druxy also thought the last show was fine (it wasn't - but his guy did well), I'm sure yesterday's show was not as well-attended as it should have been, given the lineup.  I would, in fact, have been surprised if Mr. Corman DIDN'T have people at his table all day - he's new to the show and no matter what the attendance in general, the people who were there probably came specifically to see him.  It was the same when Bert I. Gordon did it the first time - not a packed crowd, but he always had people at his table.  The gal who wrote me didn't say it was ill-attended like the last show, just that she was a little surprised that it wasn't more people.  I'm looking forward to going.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #48 on: October 05, 2008, 07:55:11 AM »

Well of course if Carroll Baker had been there, the line would have been OUT THE DOOR!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #49 on: October 05, 2008, 07:55:48 AM »

Fascinating - yesterday, gray gloomy skies and a little drizzle, but only when I was jogging.  Today, at 7:45?  Blue sunny skies already.  What was the weather report for this weekend?  RAIN, baby.  Big RAIN.  No more heat wave. 

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #50 on: October 05, 2008, 07:56:22 AM »

I'm sure Leslie Nielsen had a line all day, too.  And the other first-timers.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #51 on: October 05, 2008, 07:56:40 AM »

Oh, and I'm up. 

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #52 on: October 05, 2008, 07:58:35 AM »

I'll be speaking to the singer this morning.  She chatted with her MD and with my booklet designer (who designed her press materials) both of whom I sent the entire volley of last night's e-mails.  Neither of them saw any disrespect or tone in my e-mails to her and told her so.  She wrote me back and asked to chat this morning and wanted to clear the air, and I said okay. 

Ginny

« Reply #53 on: October 05, 2008, 08:03:39 AM »

On TV Tonight!

ABC - EXTREME MAKEOVER,...

DR MattH - thank you for mentioning this one.  It features a nearby family whose house was made over this summer while I was recovering from my surgery.  The coverage in our local papers was so interesting and the story is a real tear-jerker.  I've never watched this program, but will tonight!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

td

• td
« Reply #54 on: October 05, 2008, 08:17:18 AM »

What lovely posts to wake up to! 
Amy and Mark's wonderful tales of BK's reading AND DR Edisaurus's tales of the city that never sleeps.
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

td

• td
« Reply #55 on: October 05, 2008, 08:20:41 AM »

For those who missed it first-hand last night, Anne Hathaway (as Mary Poppins) on SNL:
http://www.nbc.com/Saturday_Night_Live/video/clips/mary-poppins/727503/

td

• td
« Reply #56 on: October 05, 2008, 08:23:42 AM »

There were times when I was watching AN AMERICAN IN PARIS a few weeks ago, that I worried about Gene Kelly's intense sun tan. . .you betcha, it's brown.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #57 on: October 05, 2008, 08:30:53 AM »

Funny clip, DR td.....everyone is very good....wish the WHOLE show was that focused.

Matt H.

« Reply #58 on: October 05, 2008, 08:32:31 AM »

On TV Tonight!

ABC - EXTREME MAKEOVER,...

DR MattH - thank you for mentioning this one.  It features a nearby family whose house was made over this summer while I was recovering from my surgery.  The coverage in our local papers was so interesting and the story is a real tear-jerker.  I've never watched this program, but will tonight!

That's interesting because EXTREME MAKEOVER came to Charlotte over the summer and did a makeover here as well. I have no idea when it will air (or if it aired during the season premiere last week) as I don't watch the show, but that's ironic that they've done homes in a way connected to us both!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #59 on: October 05, 2008, 08:32:54 AM »

I just noticed a new thing in our board software - the "jump to" icon below the final post on every page - it's set for whatever specific board your posting on (in this case daily discussions), and clicking on "go" takes you back to the list of topics.  Nice.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9   Go Up