Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 11   Go Down

Author Topic: BRAZILIAN WAX  (Read 65568 times)

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
Re: BRAZILIAN WAX
« Reply #180 on: October 14, 2008, 05:15:33 PM »

Well, Apple did unveil it's new MacBooks and MacBook Pros.  Very pretty.  Alas, no real price drop.  Although, they did roll out a new "white" MacBook which is going for $999.

*Which means some stores and resellers will be offering the now "old" MacBooks they had in stock at sale prices.  :)
« Last Edit: October 14, 2008, 05:17:13 PM by JoseSPiano »
Make Your Own Luck.

singdaw

« Reply #181 on: October 14, 2008, 05:16:10 PM »

DR singdaw - So, are you planning another couple's spa visit for you and your DP?

:P

:-X

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #182 on: October 14, 2008, 05:17:46 PM »

DR singdaw - So, are you planning another couple's spa visit for you and your DP?

:P

:-X

Nothing says lovin' like matching or complementary manscaping.
Make Your Own Luck.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #183 on: October 14, 2008, 05:18:22 PM »

Yesterday, DR Ron Pulliam posted about BRIGADOON.

But somehow, you just know that it's not Bonnie Jean that all the lads want to go home with.  ;)

That BRIGADOON set is pretty damn awful.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #184 on: October 14, 2008, 05:24:14 PM »

Hello all!  I just received a phone call from our dear and wonderful cyber-father TCB, and I realized I'd been incredibly neglectful about updating the HHW world about our new little son.  I beg your forgiveness, and can only blame the time-warping tiredness that seems to have enveloped me.  It seems like days come and go in sets of two and three now.  So, on to the news.  As I think TCB told you, Toby was born a little over five weeks early...a complete surprise to everybody.  He spent a week in the NICU figuring out how to breathe and eat on his own, and battling a case of jaundice, and then was allowed home.  I get to stay home with him until December 1st, which is lovely.  He's a darling little baby, who keeps me very busy!  He still hasn't figured out the difference between day and night, but since I'm at liberty to sleep when he sleeps during the day, it's working out alright.

I remember Jed looked just like that when he was a baby!
« Last Edit: October 14, 2008, 05:58:54 PM by TCB »
“One thing’s universal,

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #185 on: October 14, 2008, 05:24:53 PM »

What does "First Authorized Release" mean?  Well, I'll tell you what THEY think it means.  It means they went to a lot of trouble to get permission that they didn't need, because Evening Primrose as a TV program was never copyrighted.  I got the only permission I needed - from Mr. Sondheim and his lawyer - that is who my deal is with.  The fact that these people went and paid someone a fee they didn't need to is not my affair, but to call their release the first authorized release is sheer and utter nonsense, and least as far as I can see.

BK, I'm assuming that the tracks of both releases are mono.  It's hard to tell with the Kritzerland tracks...they're so vibrant. :D The new "authorized" tracks are quite flat and VERY noticeably mono. :-\

A couple of other differences...what is called "Charles' Schedule / If You Can Find Me, I'm Here (reprise)" on the Kritzerland CD is called "Arts and Crafts" (the first words of the track).  Also, the "authorized" version lists "I Remember Sky" as the title.  It's NOT.  The title has always been "I Remember"...no "Sky" in the title.  "I remember sky..." is the first line of the song, but not the title.  Someone didn't check that.

Well, how can anyone take anything they say seriously then?  I knew my master would be better than theirs and from what I've heard, it is.  And since Mr. Deutsch bought a copy of our CD he very well could have used it.  I suspect they MAY have used it in When if their is no tape problem where two words are missing.  That was a flaw on the mastertape and all the LPs made by Sondheim - a flaw I fixed by figuring out something clever and having a mastering engineer good enough to be able to make it work.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #186 on: October 14, 2008, 05:25:28 PM »

New MacBook Pros?  I'm obsolete already???

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #187 on: October 14, 2008, 05:28:03 PM »

As always, they save the 17" screen for a few months down the road.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #188 on: October 14, 2008, 05:29:38 PM »

This 4-6 week closing is ridiculous since we're now into week 8 and the damned county, which I would think would have its act together before signing off on these property sales, still hasn't provided the buyer with the necessary paperwork for the closing. This is total bullshit, and i am starting to fear this closing will drag on until 2009. I'm mostly pissed because I wanted to use a small portion of the sale to pay for a Thanksgiving trip, shipment of about 25 more cartons to Miami University, and purchase of a couple of pieces of furniture.

Right now I'm very frustrated, and I could use more vibes to get this thing rolling. Now if we could only sell the rest of the three acres!

Rapid Closing Vibes for DR Elmore!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #189 on: October 14, 2008, 05:37:03 PM »

Click to see a male Brazilian Wax menu.

Not for the squeamish!!

The one called "The Pilot" looks like Hitler's moustache! 

So Adolph is doing what?  Sticking his tongue out?
“One thing’s universal,

singdaw

« Reply #190 on: October 14, 2008, 05:38:11 PM »

Nothing says lovin' like matching or complementary manscaping.

The voice of experience?    ;)

singdaw

« Reply #191 on: October 14, 2008, 05:40:38 PM »

It just gets worse. I've just read that uncertainty has now hit the Japanese banking sector:

In the last 7 days Origami Bank has folded.

Sumo Bank has gone belly up.

Bonsai Bank announced plans to cut some branches.

Karaoke Bank is up for sale and will likely go for a song, while today shares in Kamikaze Bank were suspended after they nose-dived.

Samurai Bank has had to cut its staff in half.

Furthermore, 500 staff at Karate Bank got the chop and analysts report that there is something fishy going on at Sushi Bank where it is feared that staff may get a raw deal!

Cillaliz

« Reply #192 on: October 14, 2008, 05:44:25 PM »

DR Jose, so glad to hear things went well for your mother

Cillaliz

« Reply #193 on: October 14, 2008, 05:51:11 PM »

I started winning radio call in shows when I was about 10.  I won a pass to the movie theater.  I won those regularly on KICD when I was growing up.  I've won raffles for $$ and all kinds of stuff.  I think my favorite was a trip to San Diego that I won from KSLX in Phoenix by singing We Didn't Start The State to the tune of We Didn't Start the Fire.    Although the $1000 from the Rotary raffle wasn't bad either

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #194 on: October 14, 2008, 05:57:26 PM »

T.O.D.

Back in the 80s, one of the Seattle radio stations used to give away sets of tickets to a lot of the touring productions at the the 5th Avenue Theatre.  Apparently not very many Broadway trivia fans listened to that station between 6 and 7:00 a.m., so I used to win at will.  Unfortunately, the tickets were usually for a Tuesday or Wednesday evening, and I was alway in rehearsals for some show.

I won a tennis racket and a can of balls at the YMCA when I was about 12.

I won a set of children's encyclopedia when I was a kid.

I have won several small jackpots on lottery tickets over the years.

Oh, and I won a lot of wonderful friends when I found Haines His Way, plus a couple of sparkling prizes.
“One thing’s universal,

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #195 on: October 14, 2008, 05:57:33 PM »

DR Jane - I also thought of you when I was in For the Love of Chocolate.  They had chocolate-covered strawberries, well marzipan strawberries that had been dipped in dark chocolate.  :)

I'm drooling here.  Did you take a photo?

Jane

« Reply #196 on: October 14, 2008, 05:59:58 PM »

Hello all!  I just received a phone call from our dear and wonderful cyber-father TCB, and I realized I'd been incredibly neglectful about updating the HHW world about our new little son.  I beg your forgiveness, and can only blame the time-warping tiredness that seems to have enveloped me.  It seems like days come and go in sets of two and three now.  So, on to the news.  As I think TCB told you, Toby was born a little over five weeks early...a complete surprise to everybody.  He spent a week in the NICU figuring out how to breathe and eat on his own, and battling a case of jaundice, and then was allowed home.  I get to stay home with him until December 1st, which is lovely.  He's a darling little baby, who keeps me very busy!  He still hasn't figured out the difference between day and night, but since I'm at liberty to sleep when he sleeps during the day, it's working out alright.

I remember Jed looked just like that when he was a baby!

;D

Jane

« Reply #197 on: October 14, 2008, 06:01:24 PM »

DR TCB, how was your visit with Stan?

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #198 on: October 14, 2008, 06:05:48 PM »

He was doing a little better today, but his hematocrit count is still very low.
“One thing’s universal,

Cillaliz

« Reply #199 on: October 14, 2008, 06:06:58 PM »

I'm seeing Billy Elliot tonight.

Can't wait to hear what you think!!

Ben

« Reply #200 on: October 14, 2008, 06:12:01 PM »

You may wonder what I'm doing on-line at 9:06pm on the night I said I was going to see Billy Elliot. Well, I was settled in my seat (Row G, Aisle Seat No. 1 Rear Mezzanine) when at 5 minutes to 8 the House Manager came on and said "I have some bad news" There was trouble with one of the hydraulic lifts and instead of trying to do the show without that piece of scenery (too dangerous they decided), they cancelled the show!

The audience was NOT happy. I'm disappointed because I really want to see the show and it will be a bit of a hassle going back to exchange for another night but I've got lots of dates picked out and I will try to get another ticket at the Starving Actor rate. I hope to see it soon because my friend who is a child wrangler on the show said something is going to be cut. The show is running at 3 hours and they don't want to go into overtime so something will be cut in the next week or two before they open.

I'm going to the theatre tomorrow on my lunch hour to try and exchange the ticket.

It's a beautiful night in New York so I walked home from the theatre.

That's all for now.

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #201 on: October 14, 2008, 06:12:07 PM »

"Don't Ask Me Why" is the name of my new book on factual encounters with unpleasant people.

As opposed to fictional encounters with peasant people.

As opposed to fantasy accounts with aristocrats
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

vixmom

« Reply #202 on: October 14, 2008, 06:13:32 PM »

Good Afternoon!

:)

They finished the surgeries about a half an hour ago, and we'll get to see her in another half hour or so.  Everything went very well, and it turned out she only needed a single bypass instead of a double.

Thanks again for all the Love and Concern.

Laters...

:)

Wonderful!!! Vibes and prayers continue for a quick and painless recovery!!

vixmom

« Reply #203 on: October 14, 2008, 06:14:08 PM »

Laurette is sold out. 

Congratulations!!

Cillaliz

« Reply #204 on: October 14, 2008, 06:14:24 PM »

You may wonder what I'm doing on-line at 9:06pm on the night I said I was going to see Billy Elliot. Well, I was settled in my seat (Row G, Aisle Seat No. 1 Rear Mezzanine) when at 5 minutes to 8 the House Manager came on and said "I have some bad news" There was trouble with one of the hydraulic lifts and instead of trying to do the show without that piece of scenery (too dangerous they decided), they cancelled the show!

The audience was NOT happy. I'm disappointed because I really want to see the show and it will be a bit of a hassle going back to exchange for another night but I've got lots of dates picked out and I will try to get another ticket at the Starving Actor rate. I hope to see it soon because my friend who is a child wrangler on the show said something is going to be cut. The show is running at 3 hours and they don't want to go into overtime so something will be cut in the next week or two before they open.

I'm going to the theatre tomorrow on my lunch hour to try and exchange the ticket.

It's a beautiful night in New York so I walked home from the theatre.

That's all for now.

Sorry to hear that DR Ben. Hope you can see it soon

vixmom

« Reply #205 on: October 14, 2008, 06:16:18 PM »

WELCOME TO HHW TOBY!! 

Cillaliz

« Reply #206 on: October 14, 2008, 06:17:25 PM »

DR Jennifer, it's probably easier for me to tell you who I don't like....right now I like the 7 bare chested men doing the flaminco dancing.,....

Cillaliz

« Reply #207 on: October 14, 2008, 06:17:43 PM »

On Dancing with the Stars that is

Jane

« Reply #208 on: October 14, 2008, 06:17:48 PM »

He was doing a little better today, but his hematocrit count is still very low.

Vibes they can get the count up, and his spirits as well.

I hope you are feeling better today.

Jane

« Reply #209 on: October 14, 2008, 06:18:35 PM »

DR Ben, HOW FRUSTRATING!  I hope you can trade the ticket for a convenient replacement.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 11   Go Up