Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13]   Go Down

Author Topic: MERCURY IS OUT OF RETROGRADE  (Read 130638 times)

MBarnum

Re: MERCURY IS OUT OF RETROGRADE
« Reply #360 on: October 15, 2008, 09:07:56 PM »

Picked up mom and met my sister Sue at IHOP's for dinner.

It was fund.

I am now home and the house is quite chilly, so I think I will crawl into bed with Bosco and Freddy and go to sleep.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #361 on: October 15, 2008, 09:08:23 PM »

Now I'm heading down to bed.

Good night!
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #362 on: October 15, 2008, 09:09:30 PM »

Picked up mom and met my sister Sue at IHOP's for dinner.

It was fund.

I always have a fund time at IHOP too

;D :-*
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

FJL

« Reply #363 on: October 15, 2008, 09:10:49 PM »

Vibes for Cilla's dad

vixmom

« Reply #364 on: October 15, 2008, 09:10:50 PM »

Twelve OH Nine in the AM - it's officially tomorrow... so off to bed for me...

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #365 on: October 15, 2008, 09:11:32 PM »

Next, I checked back in with PUSHING DAISIES. And it will be for the last time. I really love Lee Pace and Kristin Chenoweth, but the show, despite being a mystery, just does not engage me. Besides, when BONES comes back after its baseball hiatus, that will get my full attention.

At least with BONES, when they're dead, they stay dead!

der Brucer
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

vixmom

« Reply #366 on: October 15, 2008, 09:11:41 PM »

Vibes for Cilla's dad

Hi FJL... why didnlt you get to see BillyElliot? I hope you are not ill.

Did Skip like it?

FJL

« Reply #367 on: October 15, 2008, 09:11:52 PM »

Thanks for the info, Jose.  Got to watch CNN until 12 and now watching the Project Runway season finale.

Cillaliz

« Reply #368 on: October 15, 2008, 09:13:30 PM »

Thanks MBarnum and FJL...it's appreciated...although he would probably be totally embarassed if he knew I was talking about his bowels on the internet

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #369 on: October 15, 2008, 09:13:34 PM »

My dad had to go to the hospital today. He has/had an obstruction in his bowel of some sort and after going through procedures similar to those Callie went through, he is now home and has to drink two bottles of the stuff you drink before a colonoscopy.  He said it isn't doing any good yet...they think it's the powder stuff they gave him after he got his gall bladder out that's just been working too well.  He and mom seem pretty optimistic about it, but I am concerned.  Vibes would be appreciated.

~~~Vibes for Cilla's Dad!!~~~
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #370 on: October 15, 2008, 09:15:56 PM »

GRATUITOUS POST # 300!!

On your way to 30,000!

der Brucer

Onward and upward!! ;D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #371 on: October 15, 2008, 09:25:00 PM »

Well, I've got a lot of TV watching to do, so sadly, I must Wussburger and say good night, now.

Good night, now!

Cillaliz

« Reply #372 on: October 15, 2008, 09:35:23 PM »

Thanks George

Cillaliz

« Reply #373 on: October 15, 2008, 09:35:41 PM »

Think I'll go to sleep.  Night all

td

• td
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

td

• td
« Reply #375 on: October 15, 2008, 09:51:03 PM »

I want to send some vibes to Cilla's dad!

td

• td
« Reply #376 on: October 15, 2008, 09:54:10 PM »

I have been catching up on SUPERNATURAL SEASON THREE, and today, before work, I caught the episode, "A Very Supernatural Christmas."  A truly unique episode and now one of my favorites. 

The entire season three was really fantastic on this show. The Blu-rays are coming out next month for Season Three, but the cost is well above what I'd spend ($55). I'll wait for a sale one day. I have the first two seasons on regular DVD, both bouoght on sale for less than $15 each.

You ain't just whistling "Dixie!"  This season is super!  I simply can't wait for my evenings after work and my afternoons between shifts to catch up with those Winchester boys!  The distaff additions to the cast have proven to be verrry interrresting. . .

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #377 on: October 15, 2008, 09:55:18 PM »

Inspired by earlier postings, I was a little hungry, but I wanted 0 calories and fat grams - so I went to Gelson's and bought a tomato and a cucumber, got home, cut them up, doused with vinegar (which I believe has 0 of everything), added a little salt and pepper and ate it all up and boy was it great and it hit the spot just perfectly AND it's actually filling - I don't think there's any real calories in a tomato and a cucumber.

Laura

« Reply #378 on: October 15, 2008, 10:08:19 PM »

Prayers and vibes for DR Cillaliz's dad!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Cillaliz

« Reply #379 on: October 15, 2008, 10:12:21 PM »

Thanks TD and Laura...

now I'm going to sleep...I'm still feeling inspired by Ken Burns.  Sort of makes me want to go back to school and become a history teacher

Cillaliz

« Reply #380 on: October 15, 2008, 10:17:46 PM »

Tomorrow I hope to get a lot of work done.

I spent today going back and forth between the Lexis rep who is doing a real hard sell on online research and I don't like it, and the Westlaw rep who is doing a soft sell but may be getting farther with me. The Westlaw database is better for what i'm doing now, but I don't think i'll be saving money which was the goal, lol.

I told them both I wasn't going to buy anything today I have to sit down and compare.  I don't think my contract with lexis is up until December 31, but I've gotten Westlaw to agree to giving me 2 months free.  They are both trying like crazy to make a sale before the end of the month.  Times must be tough in the online legal research biz

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #381 on: October 15, 2008, 11:01:27 PM »

Dakota - we've asked to keep the political stuff to a minimum - you weren't around for the brouhaha, so all I ask is to hold off until after the election.
Laura gave me a heads up and i removed them :)
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #382 on: October 15, 2008, 11:10:27 PM »

Vibes to Cilla's dad... My thoughts are with you..
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #383 on: October 15, 2008, 11:13:57 PM »

Excellent review for Scent Of Mystery from Film Score Monthly:

Scent of Mystery (1960) *** 1/2

MARIO NASCIMBENE/JORDAN RAMIN
Kritzerland KR 20011-7
14 tracks - 35:39

Bruce Kimmel’s label has released this much sought-after ’60s oddity featuring music mostly by Mario Nascimbene, with additional material by Jordan Ramin. The album also boasts two songs with lyrics by Harold Adamson, sung by Eddie Fisher. Scent of Mystery was unique for its time, as it was the first film to be shown (at least in New York) in glorious Smell-o-vision. On that note, the CD booklet even allows you to have an aromatic experience while reading the notes.

Nascimbene scores the strange little comic mystery with a heavy helping of jazz, including a prominent Gershwin-esque clarinet solo early on. Meanwhile, carefully detailed orchestral writing emphasizes the film’s comedy aspects; there is even a bit of Ravelian scoring for piccolo, flute and bassoon in a medley that accompanies a street stroll. It’s all deliciously wonderful, capturing the joie de vivre of the film’s light-hearted approach with colorful orchestrations that also hint at the locale. A few well-placed car horns (especially for “The Chase”) make for humorous additional color.

Scent of Mystery was the single release from Ramrod Records and originally featured a mono pressing (a few made it out in stereo). For this CD release, Kritzerland presents the score in perfect stereo. This unexpected pleasure is easily recommended for fans of jazz scores of the ’60s, and is worth tracking down in this limited (1,000) edition available from the label’s website: www.kritzerland.com. You can go there to hear some clips as well, just in case you need more encouragement. —Steven A. Kennedy

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #384 on: October 15, 2008, 11:44:52 PM »

A very nice review indeed!
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13]   Go Up