Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]   Go Down

Author Topic: THE ARCH AND THE ARCANE  (Read 27427 times)

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
Re: THE ARCH AND THE ARCANE
« Reply #270 on: October 22, 2008, 08:19:11 PM »

And I concluded my evening watching CSI: NY. I managed to catch up with the show right at the end using the DVR and speeding through commercials, so the timing couldn't have been more perfect. Pretty good episode tonight with some typically quirky folks.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Tomovoz

« Reply #271 on: October 22, 2008, 08:19:22 PM »

It's not a good time for some of our friends it seems.  Our good friend Allan (our sometime house sitter) was run over last Friday night.  Multiple injuries. He now has had a minor (are any minor) heart attack and has pneumonia. His partner Carol is not coping well at all. Another one of those way too common situaton where finance is in control of only one party which adds to difficulties.  Children are also causing problems by thoughtlessness - Allan's grown up kids! Allan is in his mid 70s and has had stents for a few years and had radiation treatment this year. He's not got that much strength there for the fight! the couple have only recently (six weeks) shifted into a new home in the countryside - unfortunately that means a run of at least 90 minutes to the hospital!
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #272 on: October 22, 2008, 08:21:22 PM »

Thus I'm not on line much!  We are on call.  We live at about the half way mark.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Matt H.

« Reply #273 on: October 22, 2008, 08:22:52 PM »

Page Ten Kansas Dance!!!

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #274 on: October 22, 2008, 08:22:54 PM »

VIBES for the dear friends of Tomovoz
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

vixmom

« Reply #275 on: October 22, 2008, 08:23:15 PM »

and laptop recovery vibes for Cilla

vixmom

« Reply #276 on: October 22, 2008, 08:23:33 PM »

me sleepy now -- night night

Matt H.

« Reply #277 on: October 22, 2008, 08:23:46 PM »

How horrible for Allan! I'm so sorry, but I'm glad he has good friends who have his back.

td

• td
« Reply #278 on: October 22, 2008, 08:24:31 PM »

~~~VIBES FOR THE DEAR FRIENDS OF DR tomovoz~~~~~
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

td

• td
« Reply #279 on: October 22, 2008, 08:25:16 PM »

I need to relax in my recliner now.
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

Tomovoz

« Reply #280 on: October 22, 2008, 08:27:05 PM »

Thanks all and sundried.  At least my sister (who can be thoughtless) is being wonderful. She and Carol have been friends since pre-teen days. I've known Carol since I was about 9.

I'll be back with more France pics soon I hope!
James Thurber 1957

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #281 on: October 22, 2008, 08:31:02 PM »

DR Tomovoz - ~~~~~VIBES to your friend Allan~~~~~
Make Your Own Luck.

Cillaliz

« Reply #282 on: October 22, 2008, 08:32:04 PM »

Vibes to DR Tomovoz's friend Allan ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Matt H.

« Reply #283 on: October 22, 2008, 08:46:31 PM »

I'm heading down to bed now. I'm a little earlier than usual, but that's because I need to get to bed early since I'm getting up early tomorrow to be a bad boy and go get doughnuts for breakfast with friends. (We aren't doing lunch tomorrow; this is compensation.)

Good night!

Kerry

« Reply #284 on: October 22, 2008, 09:39:25 PM »

It's not a good time for some of our friends it seems.  Our good friend Allan (our sometime house sitter) was run over last Friday night.  Multiple injuries. He now has had a minor (are any minor) heart attack and has pneumonia. His partner Carol is not coping well at all. Another one of those way too common situaton where finance is in control of only one party which adds to difficulties.  Children are also causing problems by thoughtlessness - Allan's grown up kids! Allan is in his mid 70s and has had stents for a few years and had radiation treatment this year. He's not got that much strength there for the fight! the couple have only recently (six weeks) shifted into a new home in the countryside - unfortunately that means a run of at least 90 minutes to the hospital!

Huge hugs and good vibes!
I like boat races.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #285 on: October 22, 2008, 10:11:48 PM »

DR Jennifer - My roommate, Jim, who is admitted "TV-holic", gave "The Starter Wife" a try.  His "try" only lasted 10 minutes.  -If that means anything.

-And I think DR Ron Pulliam was simply stating that if you're interested in watching the show - any show - and it doesn't interfere with your other TV viewing, just watch it.  Form your own opinion, and proceed from there.

In this case because we don't get USA network i really knew NOTHING about the show.

I'm sort of surprised that nobody here has seen it.

After the things that Jrand and Ron have said about Debra Messing, do you think any of us would admit it?

I didn't know you'd been neutered!     :D
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #286 on: October 22, 2008, 10:12:45 PM »

Congratulations on your casting George

Casting?  George!  Have you broken something?  Leg, arm, hip?  How big is the cast?  Will you be wearing it for an extended period?  Is it a hard cast or a soft cast?

Fortunately, it was NONE of those, Ron.  I've never broken a bone, and I don't intend to start breaking them now.

;)

WHAT?  With all your theatrical background and you've NEVER broken a leg?

:)
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #287 on: October 22, 2008, 11:41:39 PM »

Back from an incredibly long and boring and awful play - three hours and forty-five minutes which included a ten-minute intermission.  Never again.  Must write notes quickly and get to bed.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #288 on: October 23, 2008, 12:10:59 AM »

George - Might it be the Wallace Shawn version which played at the Roundabout?

I was thinking that, but it wasn't.  The music director told me that they used the Blitzstein script but the song lyrics are from a 1992 translation.  He told me who, but I don't remember.

Otherwise, The Threepenny Opera was good...different, but good.  The performers and the singing were very good.  It wasn't a full house but the people who stayed through the whole thing seemed to enjoy it.  I think people stayed because of the performers (friends of, you know) rather than the show, itself. ;)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #289 on: October 23, 2008, 12:12:00 AM »

~~~Super Recovery Vibes for DR Tomovoz's DF Allan!!~~~
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #290 on: October 23, 2008, 12:12:54 AM »

~~~Computer Vibes for DR Cillaliz!!~~~

I FEEL YOUR PAIN!!!

George

« Reply #291 on: October 23, 2008, 12:15:08 AM »

Congratulations on your casting George

Casting?  George!  Have you broken something?  Leg, arm, hip?  How big is the cast?  Will you be wearing it for an extended period?  Is it a hard cast or a soft cast?

Fortunately, it was NONE of those, Ron.  I've never broken a bone, and I don't intend to start breaking them now.

;)

WHAT?  With all your theatrical background and you've NEVER broken a leg?

:)

Well...proverbially, of course ;) but never real bones. :D
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]   Go Up