Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 14   Go Down

Author Topic: THE BELLY BUTTON  (Read 35252 times)

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
Re: THE BELLY BUTTON
« Reply #240 on: November 14, 2008, 04:29:47 PM »

TOD:

The Most Happy Fella   courtesy of the extremely huggable and lovable DR elmore -

thank you so much - it was in my mail box today and I am listening to it as I type

(Vixter just taught me how to use media player)

Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #241 on: November 14, 2008, 04:30:01 PM »

With very hopeful news :)

It is also nice to hear your parents & the Vixter took it well.  I'm sure having positive news helped.

vixmom

« Reply #242 on: November 14, 2008, 04:30:26 PM »

and belated birthday wishes to Richard!!

Ann

• Cake or Death?
    • My LiveJournal
« Reply #243 on: November 14, 2008, 04:33:20 PM »

Vixmom - I am SO pleased to hear your news!!!  I've been hoping for the best possible outcome, and it seems like you have received it.  I know that you will make it through your 6 weeks with flying colors.  I'm so very very glad that they caught it so early and have such a straightforward means of treating it.  I'm glad the Vixter and the folks took it well.

And look at it this way, you have the ideal excuse to totally pig out at Thanksgiving! :D

Continued healing vibes ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

singdaw

« Reply #244 on: November 14, 2008, 04:34:23 PM »

DR Vixmom - hopeful news indeed; the best possible under the circumstances.

We're with you and your family all the way!!!   :)

singdaw

« Reply #245 on: November 14, 2008, 04:36:07 PM »

DR RLP - are you having nachos for dinner tonight?   :)

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #246 on: November 14, 2008, 04:36:23 PM »

Great news, Vixmom! :D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

singdaw

« Reply #247 on: November 14, 2008, 04:37:45 PM »

Mark Bittman has extensively revised his How To Cook Everything.

vixmom

« Reply #248 on: November 14, 2008, 04:42:56 PM »

So I have to share this.  When I'm not hanging out here, I'm usually hanging out on a mommy website, posting in their forums.  The forum format they use allowed for "signatures" at the bottom of each post.  Most moms have a picture signature with pictures of their child in it.  There are some on the site who are very into "digital scrapbooking" as it's called, and they will make a signature collage for you if you send them pictures.  I have a copy of PhotoShop, so I've been playing around with making my own.  I just finished Toby's holiday collage, and I've been working on it for two days.  I'm very proud of it, and I have to share :D :D

AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW :D :-*

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #249 on: November 14, 2008, 04:45:24 PM »

I must be off (as usual ;))!  I'm ushering for Warren Miller's Children of Winter...both showings!  It'll be a blast! ;D

Until later!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #250 on: November 14, 2008, 04:46:48 PM »

Thank you one and all for your kind words and your good advice about Stan.  I am sure all of the vibes will help.

This morning, Mark called to tell me that Stan had been moved to the Trauma Center at St. Joe's (the hospital he hates), because Allenmore was not equipped to handle Stan's case.  He is bleeding on the brain again, but they can't operate until they can get his blood count up.  So, it will probably be tomorrow.  I went down to the hospital after work.  I don't know if he didn't know who I was, or if he was angry at me, but either way he wouldn't speak to me or answer questions; he just stared at me.  His nurse said that he had told her earlier that he believed he was in San Diego.

Since I was feeling so terrible, and my presence there was not helping; I decided to come home.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Kerry

« Reply #251 on: November 14, 2008, 04:48:10 PM »

The little orange kitten has a cozy nook in the laundry room. So this should be fairly easy. I think.

I'm sure you and the little orange kitten will be very happy together!  I insist on it!!!!!!
I like boat races.

Kerry

« Reply #252 on: November 14, 2008, 04:51:18 PM »

Speaking of bellybuttons - I have been today informed that I will soon be the proud owner of TWO...

the good news - the cancer is common, very treatable and caught early enought that they are foreseeing a six week treatment of radiation combined with chemo -- 6 weeks... that is a walk in the park!

They are looking at starting the treatment the first week of December so I get Thanksgiving...

I won't be able to eat after they start the treatment because of swelling in my throat so I will need a feeding tube - hence the extra belly button

well , it will be  conversation piece at the old folks home!!!!

I am so happy for you , Vixmom!   You could always have one of the belly buttons pierced or highlighted with a nifty tattoo.
I like boat races.

Kerry

« Reply #253 on: November 14, 2008, 04:52:05 PM »

Thank you one and all for your kind words and your good advice about Stan.  I am sure all of the vibes will help.

This morning, Mark called to tell me that Stan had been moved to the Trauma Center at St. Joe's (the hospital he hates), because Allenmore was not equipped to handle Stan's case.  He is bleeding on the brain again, but they can't operate until they can get his blood count up.  So, it will probably be tomorrow.  I went down to the hospital after work.  I don't know if he didn't know who I was, or if he was angry at me, but either way he wouldn't speak to me or answer questions; he just stared at me.  His nurse said that he had told her earlier that he believed he was in San Diego.

Since I was feeling so terrible, and my presence there was not helping; I decided to come home.

Hang in there, Tom (not that you have much choice).  Feel better, and we'll all help with the rest!
I like boat races.

vixmom

« Reply #254 on: November 14, 2008, 04:52:20 PM »

The Vixter and my parents and brothers took the news well....

thank you all for the vibes the prayers and the love ----

They won't stop!!!

I'm gratified to hear it's treatable and that a plan of action is imminent.

:-* :-*

singdaw

« Reply #255 on: November 14, 2008, 04:52:46 PM »

DR TCB - so very sorry about Stan.  Hang in there!
« Last Edit: November 14, 2008, 04:55:49 PM by singdaw »

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #256 on: November 14, 2008, 04:53:20 PM »

Media Check:

CD:
Rodgers and Hart (thanks Elmore!)

Mike, you do know that it isn't Roy Rodgers and Delores Hart?
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

vixmom

« Reply #257 on: November 14, 2008, 04:54:09 PM »

With very hopeful news :)

It is also nice to hear your parents & the Vixter took it well.  I'm sure having positive news helped.

that's why I held off telling them until we heard the verdict - I can't tell you all how very much it means to me to have the support of all of you wonderful people

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #258 on: November 14, 2008, 04:54:28 PM »

Mark Bittman has extensively revised his How To Cook Everything.

Does it include Feral Cat Fricasee now?
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Ann

• Cake or Death?
    • My LiveJournal
« Reply #259 on: November 14, 2008, 04:55:01 PM »

I'm so sorry, Tom.  I'm sorry his experience with St Josephs isn't making him happy.  I was very pleased when them when they had Toby in their NICU.  It might vary by department, though.

I'm sure your presence was known, even if he couldn't react.  He is so lucky to have a friend like you.  I'm not sure what I could do to help, but if there is anything you can think of, please don't hesitate to call me.  I'm off work for another two weeks.

HUGS from me and Toby. 

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #260 on: November 14, 2008, 04:57:26 PM »

DR Vixmom I think it is great you are open about this & have so many people close to you to help & support you. 

Will you be getting the extra belly button before the treatments begin & will you have to keep it the entire 6 weeks, or more?  Is there a typical time frame the swelling lasts?  I expect you will get lessons on caring for the feeding tube at home. 

I hope you will be up to using the computer & venting as much as you need to.

vixmom

« Reply #261 on: November 14, 2008, 04:57:44 PM »

Vixmom - I am SO pleased to hear your news!!!  I've been hoping for the best possible outcome, and it seems like you have received it.  I know that you will make it through your 6 weeks with flying colors.  I'm so very very glad that they caught it so early and have such a straightforward means of treating it.  I'm glad the Vixter and the folks took it well.

And look at it this way, you have the ideal excuse to totally pig out at Thanksgiving! :D

oh yeah!  Onthe way home formth e doctor I made Vixdad stop at the California Pizza Kitchen and I had spring rolls  (NOT what I was expecting! I still don't know if I like them....)
my favorite Thai Chicken Pizza (I boxed 3 slices to come home) AND the pumpkin cheescake (I boxed half to bring home)

the diet is GONE for the next 2 weeks-- they shall have to roll me into chemo!!!

FJL

« Reply #262 on: November 14, 2008, 05:00:26 PM »

vixmom - Know that your HHW support group is always here for you, and of course call or email if there's anything that you either want or need help with.

vixmom

« Reply #263 on: November 14, 2008, 05:01:02 PM »

Dear TCB I am so sorry about your friend - the drugs he is on and the bleeding inteh brain must surely be affecting him - I would not take any actions of his under these conditions as being indicative of his true feelings and thoughts

You and he will continue in my prayers!

Tomovoz

« Reply #264 on: November 14, 2008, 05:04:56 PM »

Best of supportive prayers and thoughts for DR Vixmom and for that elderly citizen in Tirabithia (or wherever it is) and his hospitalised friend.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

vixmom

« Reply #265 on: November 14, 2008, 05:06:23 PM »

DR Vixmom I think it is great you are open about this & have so many people close to you to help & support you. 

Will you be getting the extra belly button before the treatments begin & will you have to keep it the entire 6 weeks, or more?  Is there a typical time frame the swelling lasts?  I expect you will get lessons on caring for the feeding tube at home. 

my understanding is they will put in the feeding tube and also I will get a port on my  upper chest area for the chemo treatments and tehat they will put those in place before the treatment starts.

This is exactly the same treatment the little girl across the street had a couple of years ago (remember my Sara?  She is officallly one year cancer free as of yesterday!!!)  I have spoken to her dad and he has offered his help and advice and said that Sara has been writinga book about her experience and is interested in helping people beat cancer - I willbe her first student --

If that 9 year old handled 6 MONTHS of chemo and radiation I can surely handle six measley weeks!

Laura

« Reply #266 on: November 14, 2008, 05:06:37 PM »

I am glad to hear the good prognosis, Vixmom. You will remain in my prayers for the next six weeks! And more!
"That's a lotta hamsters."

Laura

« Reply #267 on: November 14, 2008, 05:07:02 PM »

Well, that wasn't so difficult.......

It's a girl!
"That's a lotta hamsters."

Tomovoz

« Reply #268 on: November 14, 2008, 05:08:08 PM »

TOTD:

CD:  Du Shtetl a New York - Sirba Octet avec Isabelle Georges.

Willow - Grace Knight

A Little Closer - David Hobson

Book - A Lion Among Men
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

vixmom

« Reply #269 on: November 14, 2008, 05:08:11 PM »

vixmom - Know that your HHW support group is always here for you, and of course call or email if there's anything that you either want or need help with.

:-* :-*

I'll come looking for flank steak, fried chicken and deviled eggs in the Spring!!

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 14   Go Up