Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9   Go Down

Author Topic: COMPLETE FEET  (Read 16698 times)

Tomovoz

Re: COMPLETE FEET
« Reply #120 on: November 15, 2008, 12:43:47 PM »

I watched "Laura" last night!  It's the first time I"ve seen the movie since it was on TV when I was at school.  So it does not have commercial breaks - who knew?

The only part I remembered was Laura's "return".
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #121 on: November 15, 2008, 12:45:14 PM »

Do you have a smoke detector  in need of a new battery Dear Reader Laura?
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #122 on: November 15, 2008, 01:04:02 PM »

DR elmore - What are your post-walk plans?  Dinner?
Make Your Own Luck.

Kerry

« Reply #123 on: November 15, 2008, 01:20:51 PM »

Something in our living room is beeping like a text message is being received. Except it isn't anyone's phone and we can't figure out what else it could be.

It must be your cute little orange kitten!
I like boat races.

Laura

« Reply #124 on: November 15, 2008, 01:26:17 PM »

It was DR Sandra's phone, which she left in her backpack on the table.
"That's a lotta hamsters."

Cillaliz

« Reply #125 on: November 15, 2008, 01:33:18 PM »

DR Druxy, Have you ever tried a cat dancer?

When my cats get demanding or start fighting because they can see the birds and squirrels at the feeder right out side the window but can't eat them, I get out the cat dancer and they run and jump and are then calmed down. 

Laura

« Reply #126 on: November 15, 2008, 01:33:58 PM »

The little orange kitten has the loudest purr!
"That's a lotta hamsters."

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #127 on: November 15, 2008, 01:41:13 PM »

It was DR Sandra's phone, which she left in her backpack on the table.

So... What did the text message say?
Make Your Own Luck.

Cillaliz

« Reply #128 on: November 15, 2008, 01:46:58 PM »

http://www.messybeast.com/cat-grief.htm

DR Druxy, Sounds like your cat may be grieving the loss of her companion.  Here's one article I found. I would do your best to give her attention and reinforce good behavior - ie don't reinforce howling in the night by giving food or attention.

I would use the cat dancer toy or other interactive type toy for even 10 minutes or so before you go to bed.  When my cats are wound up or acting up, that really does do the trick

Cillaliz

« Reply #129 on: November 15, 2008, 01:51:29 PM »

It's cold here. It's rained for the past 2-3 days and now looks like it could snow. It's in the 30s so maybe it won't.  I've accomplished several things today, but not the things I planned to do.  maybe I'll start the laundry. That's always a good chore to get done,.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #130 on: November 15, 2008, 02:09:07 PM »

It remains a perfectly beautiful day here. I enjoyed the fresh air and sunshine while I had my lunch cooking.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #131 on: November 15, 2008, 02:10:53 PM »

I watched SUPERNATURAL and enjoyed the show even though I didn't know it was a two-part episode.

Matt H.

« Reply #132 on: November 15, 2008, 02:18:03 PM »

I watched two STAR TREK episodes. THis afternoon. The remastered shows are sharp, the optical effects are now super clean, and the color is very rich. The repurposed sound is still anemic. They are Dolby Digital 5.1 tracks but still basically mono.

Matt H.

« Reply #133 on: November 15, 2008, 02:19:06 PM »

I'll continue watching the episodes tonight. They are about 50 minutes each.

Tomovoz

« Reply #134 on: November 15, 2008, 02:19:21 PM »

Today's listening:
Ella - the best of the Song Books - the Ballads.

I started today listening to versions of "Laura".

Ella
Frank
Eckstine
Warlow
Garner
Mathis
Conniff
Carly
James Thurber 1957

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #135 on: November 15, 2008, 02:20:12 PM »

Mae-Ling and Wae-Ling saw me returning from my morning walk, and they stayed to play with the fish and caterpillars for a while. Then we went for lunch at Wildflower. Isn't that exciting?

Do they want a cute kitty?

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #136 on: November 15, 2008, 02:20:31 PM »

DR Druxy, Sounds like your cat may be grieving the loss of her companion.  Here's one article I found. I would do your best to give her attention and reinforce good behavior - ie don't reinforce howling in the night by giving food or attention.

I would use the cat dancer toy or other interactive type toy for even 10 minutes or so before you go to bed.  When my cats are wound up or acting up, that really does do the trick

Excellent article.  Thank you for sharing it.

I went out today and bought her a couple of catnip toys to see if that helps.

Part of the problem is that I made a mistake right after the other cat died 6 months ago.  I felt so sorry for Annie that I started letting her sleep in our bedroom.  Now, she wakes me up every morning around 5-5:30 to feed her.

If I try to keep her out of the bedroom, she sits by the door all night and howls.

:-\
You can dream…or you can do.

Jane

« Reply #137 on: November 15, 2008, 02:22:40 PM »

I am up - barely!  (TMI)

I will try and avoid going to the hospital today.  According to Mark, Stan was totally incoherent last night, which makes me feel better.  By that I mean that apparently he had no idea who I was yesterday, as opposed to being angry with me.

Even knowing that it is hard to not feel hurt.  I hope Stan is coherent today.

Take care of yourself & feel better soon.

Jane

« Reply #138 on: November 15, 2008, 02:24:31 PM »

Jane, of course the weather is beautiful  now, since we turned around and came back home.

Such a shame.

Jane

« Reply #139 on: November 15, 2008, 02:26:45 PM »

Part of the problem is that I made a mistake right after the other cat died 6 months ago.  I felt so sorry for Annie that I started letting her sleep in our bedroom.  Now, she wakes me up every morning around 5-5:30 to feed her.

If I try to keep her out of the bedroom, she sits by the door all night and howls.

Your mistake was getting up to feed her.  You must ignore the morning call for food.  Try the grab & hold method under the covers. :)

Cat Dancers are great.

Matt H.

« Reply #140 on: November 15, 2008, 02:32:53 PM »

I got the first part of my first DDD order. I wish I had time to watch something in the box!

Matt H.

« Reply #141 on: November 15, 2008, 02:33:28 PM »

Heading back into the home theater for more adventures with James T, Kirk and company.

WBBL

singdaw

« Reply #142 on: November 15, 2008, 02:34:09 PM »

Back from the wedding and reception.  It was beautiful. 

When the minister said, "By the power invested in me by the State of Connecticut, I now pronounce you...married," the packed church of 700 stood, clapping and cheering, and I wept profusely.

My friends have been a couple for 35 years.  What had been planned six months ago as a small, simple "commitment ceremony" grew into a huge marriage celebration, aided by good timing and the ruling of Connecticut's Supreme Court.

It was a good day.    :)

singdaw

« Reply #143 on: November 15, 2008, 02:41:07 PM »

No sign of a Drowsy Chaperone, DR JRand58...

:)

Cillaliz

« Reply #144 on: November 15, 2008, 03:03:19 PM »

Do you always get up when she howls at 5:30 or 6:00 AM?  Boo started doing that at about 3:00 AM not too long ago. The first night I got up because I thougth something was wrong.  I discovered her standing by her Cat Dancer waiting to play.  After that I just ignored her and tried to go back to sleep. She did it for a couple more nights and then stopped. 

Jane

« Reply #145 on: November 15, 2008, 03:05:56 PM »

Back from the wedding and reception.  It was beautiful. 

When the minister said, "By the power invested in me by the State of Connecticut, I now pronounce you...married," the packed church of 700 stood, clapping and cheering, and I wept profusely.

My friends have been a couple for 35 years.  What had been planned six months ago as a small, simple "commitment ceremony" grew into a huge marriage celebration, aided by good timing and the ruling of Connecticut's Supreme Court.

It was a good day.    :)

How beautiful :)

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #146 on: November 15, 2008, 03:06:47 PM »

Something in our living room is beeping like a text message is being received. Except it isn't anyone's phone and we can't figure out what else it could be.

That....damned.....feral....cat....is.....about.. ...to.....blow,,,,,
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Cillaliz

« Reply #147 on: November 15, 2008, 03:08:32 PM »

What do you know.  A long time ago, I pulled the wallpaper off the walls in the upstairs bathroom but didn't get the underpaper or left over paste off.  I heard that instead of chemicals you can use vinegar and hot water.  I decided to test it out today and boy does that ever work well. 

I just did the part over the tub, I'm not going to start that messy of a job late in the afternoon, but I will be taking a day soon and doing it.

Cillaliz

« Reply #148 on: November 15, 2008, 03:12:50 PM »

I've also picked out a floating floor for the basement room - one of those locking kind you see on HGTV a lot.  My dad is giving me his power mitre saw for Christmas (Yeah!) so I can now put in a real floor by myself instead of having to do peel and stick.  I'm pretty excited about it.

Penney's is having their 50% + 35% +$20 OFF on made to order shades, so today I ordered new double cell cellulose shades for the dining room and the window on the landing of the stairs. Stll a bit spendy, and I always cross my fingers a little on special order, but I didn't want to miss the sale

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #149 on: November 15, 2008, 03:21:20 PM »

Vibes to Vixmom.......

Vibes to Tomovoz.......

Vibes and broken leg vibes to TCB........

Vibes to DF Allan.......

Vibes to DF Stan........

Most pleasant and positive vibes to BK!!!!
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9   Go Up