Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9   Go Down

Author Topic: TOM TURKEY RAN AWAY BUT HE JUST CAME HOME  (Read 24557 times)

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
Re: TOM TURKEY RAN AWAY BUT HE JUST CAME HOME
« Reply #90 on: November 27, 2008, 09:04:12 AM »

I liked Andy Williams in the Lollipop clip I posted earlier this week.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #91 on: November 27, 2008, 09:11:20 AM »

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone.

I have Turkey Lurkey Time running through my brain now nonstop--must go put on a CD to exorcize it.  :)
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #92 on: November 27, 2008, 09:12:16 AM »

A big " thank you" (always two words in my book!) for all the support and prayers from HHW during my recent (current) health issues.  The good news is that there is no bad news! 

Status Quo! (not the Rock group).  No further action or whatever until more tests in early February. A "Wait and Watch" approach is the only possibility at the moment.

Wonderful news from Austria!  Continued prayers and vibes to Tom.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #93 on: November 27, 2008, 09:15:22 AM »

Yes, Andy Williams did look very good at the Macys parade.

Spent the morning switching between the Macys parade and the Philadelphia IKEA parade (yes, I did say IKEA!) The Macys parade is so tightly scripted and so commercialize
 that it's often painful to watch.  At least the Philly parade still sounds like a parade.
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #94 on: November 27, 2008, 09:16:12 AM »

TCM is showing THREE FOR THE SHOW in about half an hour.

A strange movie about life in the thea-tuh starring Betty Grable - and as her suitors (one an ex-husband) are Gower Champion and Jack Lemmon.

From Columbia Pictures in 1955.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #95 on: November 27, 2008, 09:16:33 AM »

I'm taking a break to check in at HHW. My best to you all.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #96 on: November 27, 2008, 09:19:17 AM »

Oh, my gosh--Wonderful news from down under!

DR Tomovoz, you've given us all an additional meaning for this day.
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #97 on: November 27, 2008, 09:21:30 AM »

I really like the organization within my apartment now. i've been redoing drawers, and now I have two hours with the Most Happy Fella. After that, Ivelieve I shall walk down to DR FJL's gala.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #98 on: November 27, 2008, 09:22:13 AM »

There's a Thanksgiving tradition at some of the gay bars in the Los Angeles and Long Beach, CA, areas, where they put out a grand spread for everyone who happens by.  It made for many a good Thanksgiving for der B and myself, since it was basically just the two of us and our kitchen was a disaster - the oven never worked. 

One year, we went over to the Crest, our neighborhood hangout, and discovered that something had been forgotten.  Somehow, whoever had co-ordinated the feast had neglected to include pie!  We dashed across the street, to the Food4Less, which was thankfully still open, and purchased something like a dozen pies, which we brought back to the bar.  Everyone was much happier because of that.

Here in Delaware, that kind of tradition simply cannot take hold.  Because of the blue laws, you cannot just have a bar.  The bar has to be attached to a restaurant.  So, naturally, no one sets out a spread for everyone to enjoy.  The places are either closed for the day, or have a special Thanksgiving Dinner for which you have to pay a special Thanksgiving Dinner price.  It just isn't the same.

Instead, I have a new Thanksgiving tradition.  I work.

Yep, I make sure that I'm scheduled to work on Thanksgiving Day.  This frees up the day for someone else so that they can spend it with their family, which is a good thing.  And I quite enjoy the day.  There are customers who come in for their pre-made dinners from the Deli.  There are others who have forgotten something and need whatever it may be last minute.  There's the husbands who have been sent by their wives to get something from the store (a great way to get them out of the house and out from underfoot).

And there are those who come into the store because there's no place else to go, and every other place is closed, and the store is one of the few places where there are people and you can just linger and, at least for a little bit, not be alone on this day where being with family or friends is the only advertised option offered.

And on Thanksgiving Day, by working at the store, I can be there for them.  Because I remember what it was like, before I met der Brucer, when I was living alone and what friends I had had all left to be with their families and the only place I could go was to the bar, where they had a spread.

We're closed on Christmas Day, the only day of the year when we are closed.  I prefer Thanksgiving.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #99 on: November 27, 2008, 09:24:03 AM »

Workies.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #100 on: November 27, 2008, 09:25:25 AM »

I wish that White Christmas had been silly holiday fun - I would have enjoyed it better.  But it sounds like elmore has already decided he'll enjoy it, which is probably the best way to go in.  I went in to see good theater, as I always do - but, for me, the book is terrible, and none of the numbers went that extra bit to become incredible or even special.  They're fine and it's fun to watch the dancers and the sets, but you really need leads who are great and while Bogardus is excellent and the girls are good, and the one fellow is dreadful, none of them make you forget the four originals.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #101 on: November 27, 2008, 09:26:27 AM »

Did 6.8 miles on the treadmill - fifty minutes at a decent speed.

singdaw

« Reply #102 on: November 27, 2008, 09:27:32 AM »

I know I can probably look this up, but does anyone have a few sentences summary, in their head, about the provenance of White Christmas versus Holiday Inn?

Which one do folks prefer?
« Last Edit: November 27, 2008, 09:31:13 AM by singdaw »

singdaw

« Reply #103 on: November 27, 2008, 09:32:39 AM »

Kofi Annan just sent me an email.   The United Nations wants to wire me 3.5 million.   :D

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #104 on: November 27, 2008, 09:35:21 AM »

In HOLIDAY INN, one of the main characters Bing Crosby opens the Inn - although it's only open on holidays.  Some of the songs are the same, but the complications are different.

I like WHITE CHRISTMAS better by far.....except for Astaire's dance in HOLIDAY INN with Virginia Dale...."You'd Be So Easy to Dance With."

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #105 on: November 27, 2008, 09:35:34 AM »

Kofi Annan just sent me an email.   The United Nations wants to wire me 3.5 million.   :D

Me too!

Ginny

« Reply #106 on: November 27, 2008, 09:40:06 AM »

Taking a short break from holiday prep to say HI again and thanks to DRs JRand and Elmore for Mom's birthday wishes.  We expect one group of company between 2 and 2:30 and the next group about 3pm.  I have a few more things to do, but need to catch my breath.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #107 on: November 27, 2008, 09:40:34 AM »

Kofi Annan just sent me an email.   The United Nations wants to wire me 3.5 million.   :D

Since I'm only a block from the UN, I can just go pick it up for you.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #108 on: November 27, 2008, 09:41:16 AM »

Pick mine up too.

Danise

« Reply #109 on: November 27, 2008, 09:41:24 AM »

I want to wish a very Happy Thanksgiving to my HHW friends, make that family.  I am truely grateful for each and every one of you and the love, comfort and support you have given me.   I don't know how I would have made it though the hard times without you.

Vibes to one and all!!!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ :-* :-* :-*

Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Danise

« Reply #110 on: November 27, 2008, 09:43:03 AM »

DR Ginny, Many, Many, Many more Happy Birthdays to your Mom.  I hope she has a wonderful day!
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #111 on: November 27, 2008, 09:46:16 AM »

I gotta tell you.

MBarnum

« Reply #112 on: November 27, 2008, 09:46:56 AM »

Tomovoz, happy to hear the good news! Keep it up!

Danise

« Reply #113 on: November 27, 2008, 09:49:39 AM »

Mr. Turkey is doing his thing in the oven right now.

I kinda goofed on the amount of stuffing.  There was just barely enough to fill him with. I knew I had to make a small batch but not quite as small as I did.   Oh well. 

I got up and put the space heaters on because it was 57 degrees in the house and then started on the bird to get the oven going.  I don't think it hurt him one bit to sit out all day yesterday and last night.  You could hang meat in this house when it gets cold.  Burrr!

Nice and toasty now.  I guess one should count ones blessings.  It makes good sense to do ones laundry so the dryer will keep the house warm.  I'd say use the oven but I am trying to cut back on the baked goods. 

I've turned down most every kind of goodie at work so I wouldn't put to many holiday pounds on.  I wish had Bruces will power to go out and jog but that's not my thing.  I am trying to take Sheena for walks but when it's cold, I turn into a slug. 
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Ginny

« Reply #114 on: November 27, 2008, 09:50:14 AM »

Thanks, DR Danise!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

MBarnum

« Reply #115 on: November 27, 2008, 09:51:06 AM »

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!

Ginny

« Reply #116 on: November 27, 2008, 09:54:04 AM »

OK, back to work for me - Happy Thanksgiving, everybody!  See y'all when our party's over!

Danise

« Reply #117 on: November 27, 2008, 09:54:32 AM »

Ya know, I called Brighthouse the other day because I was thinking about dropping my home phone service.  I thought it would save me some money to just go to the cell phone since I rarely use either.   Well, they told me I would only save about ten dollars a month but they would up my internet service to turbo speed for the same amount I now pay. 

It should have kicked in 24 hours after the phone call.  All I can say if this is the internet at turbo speed, I am highly disappointed.  If anything, it seems to be slower.  I notice the board seems "stuck" from time to time.  For example, I don't see my vibes moving right now.  They are stopped dead in their tracks.  I don't get it.  I don't think it is the boards fault either.  It didn't do it before I went "turbo". 

I notice it with other things as well.  It seems to take more time for pages to load on other sites as well.  This is turbo speed?  You can keep it. 
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Danise

« Reply #118 on: November 27, 2008, 10:02:44 AM »

Dear TomOvOz,  I am so happy everything is going well for you. 

I have to say to everyone that I'm so sorry that I haven't paid attention like I should have.  I've been so wrapped up in my own little world these past few months. I went into that dark place back in May and then when I started to come out of it the things started happening with Bear and it put me right back in there. 
I couldn't let myself see what was going on with anyone else.   
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #119 on: November 27, 2008, 10:03:20 AM »

Just went on a 3 mile walk to get a jump on combatting the poundage I may incur today.
Now back to more basting. I am happy to hear Tomovoz's good news!
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9   Go Up