Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9   Go Down

Author Topic: RAISE A RUCKUS  (Read 21261 times)

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
Re: RAISE A RUCKUS
« Reply #90 on: December 07, 2008, 10:28:18 AM »

HAPPY BIRTHDAY to DR JANE!!

May you have a delightful day!

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #91 on: December 07, 2008, 10:29:38 AM »

PAGE THREE MoMA SIGN DANCE!!!!

One could make new friends by simply discussing the sign. Was that the point??

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #92 on: December 07, 2008, 10:30:58 AM »

Good Morning!

I'm up, I'm up... And not only is the Internet out again - which isn't bugging me that much today - but I just had to call the landlord to remind her to call the oil company since there's been no heat for the past 24 hours. :-\ Thankfully, I have a very toasty down comforter.

Perhaps there are some other needy neighbors with whom you could possibly share your comforter.

Oh, you mean along the lines of "make new friends"?

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #93 on: December 07, 2008, 10:32:46 AM »

Jeanne, I hope you were able to calm the fears of your potential buyers.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #94 on: December 07, 2008, 10:35:32 AM »

Jeanne, I hope you were able to calm the fears of your potential buyers.

Thank you, Tom. I think they realize that they shouldn't take the home inspection report as verbatim. But they have other concerns, I believe. I'm currently formulating Plan B.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #95 on: December 07, 2008, 10:40:23 AM »

Matt just left a few minutes ago. There is indeed a crack in one of the joists in the basement--Matt said it will be easy to fix. We heard something about SIX cracks and $10-15K, but we only found the one and Matt's estimate is NOTHING like the above number.

BTW, for Singdaw and others, I deliberately did not have all the repirs on my list done prior to the inspection, as someone mentioned to me that home inspectors feel obliged to find something for their report. I was simply trying to make his job easier, yes? Interesting, the inspector didn't find ANY of them.

I have always been a believer in home inspections, but I must say that this one hasn't done a service to either the buyers or the seller.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #96 on: December 07, 2008, 10:45:22 AM »

Yesterday was packing day. A friend came by and helped me pack many items. Although I plan to use professional movers, I haven't been happy with the movers packing me in the past. I have a system where everything is organized and labelled--and it REALLY makes unpacking easier. I knew this friend would appreciate my systematic method. What's discouraging, though, is how much is left to do. oy!

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #97 on: December 07, 2008, 10:46:40 AM »

Must now take care of some of the Saturday stuff that I didn't have time for on Saturday.

Did I chase everyone away???

Hope you all have a great day--especially Jane!

TTFN.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #98 on: December 07, 2008, 10:47:07 AM »

Yesterday, I had to pick to pick up some shelf clips for my bookcase, and since I couldn't find what I wanted anywhere else; I decided to bite the bullet and go to Lowe Depot*.  Since I was already there, I went over to their "Holiday Decoration Center" to see if I could find a large, lighted, artificial wreath to hang on the outside of my balcony.

Now yesterday was December 6.  Is that really too late in the seaon to hope to find decorations?  Everything was totally picked over, and what was left was really ugly.  Am I expecting too much to find decorations in this massive "Holiday Decoration Center" on the first Saturday in December?

*Any similarity to actual stores is purely intentional.
“One thing’s universal,

Ben

« Reply #99 on: December 07, 2008, 10:58:04 AM »

Jose, maybe we can channel you some of our heat. We have the reverse problem. It's 35 degrees right now, not terribly cold but winterish weather. In the apartment the temperature is hovering around 85 degrees. We have steam radiators and THEY ARE NOT TURNED ON and the temperature is still 85 degrees. The silly thing is other tenants in the building are complaining about little or no heat. We have had this problem for years but this season it seems particularly bad. We have a window open in the bedroom and the living room and a small fan going in each window to make it seem less like sultry summer and more like the end of fall.

Ben

« Reply #100 on: December 07, 2008, 11:00:11 AM »

Milk, by the way, is a wonderful, moving film. Sean Penn becomes Milk and I don't feel there is a false moment in his entire performance. The whole thing is beautifully cast and, like Jose, I cried more than once.

We are on our way to a holiday party later this afternoon. We will be on the Upper West Side breaking bread and grog with the likes of Marni Nixon.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #101 on: December 07, 2008, 11:04:24 AM »

Milk, by the way, is a wonderful, moving film. Sean Penn becomes Milk and I don't feel there is a false moment in his entire performance. The whole thing is beautifully cast and, like Jose, I cried more than once.

We are on our way to a holiday party later this afternoon. We will be on the Upper West Side breaking bread and grog with the likes of Marni Nixon.

One of Marni's long-time students is going to be in the prodution of GLORIOUS that I am in January.  She is also a long time friend (not Marni, but my friend) of mine.
“One thing’s universal,

MBarnum

« Reply #102 on: December 07, 2008, 11:15:24 AM »

DR CP, congratulations on Nigel! What a cutie he is!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #103 on: December 07, 2008, 11:15:44 AM »

Back from a rather pleasant long jog and must now go to my booklet designer's home to discuss the new booklet design.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #104 on: December 07, 2008, 11:19:38 AM »

Is this a beautiful two-week old baby, or what?

“One thing’s universal,

MBarnum

« Reply #105 on: December 07, 2008, 11:21:17 AM »

DR Jane, have a wonderful day of birth celebration!!!!

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #106 on: December 07, 2008, 11:39:36 AM »

Bruce, yup 15 or something…just about.  Yes, I was 15 & something while you were 16 & something.  The something was 9months.  Thanks for the big birthday wish.  I’m having a nice morning.:)

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #107 on: December 07, 2008, 11:41:20 AM »

DR Singdaw-Wow, thanks for the bright & cheerful birthday wishes.

I know I appear to be here, but the phone keeps ringing.  I wonder why.;)  As a result I have not read any farther.  I will have to return later to read all my birthday wishes.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #108 on: December 07, 2008, 11:43:34 AM »

Jose, maybe we can channel you some of our heat. We have the reverse problem. It's 35 degrees right now, not terribly cold but winterish weather. In the apartment the temperature is hovering around 85 degrees. We have steam radiators and THEY ARE NOT TURNED ON and the temperature is still 85 degrees. The silly thing is other tenants in the building are complaining about little or no heat. We have had this problem for years but this season it seems particularly bad. We have a window open in the bedroom and the living room and a small fan going in each window to make it seem less like sultry summer and more like the end of fall.

Well... Now that the oil company has come and gone, we now have heat again.  Well, they're at least warming back up again.  However, we have the same issue too with "overheating".  But as I've mentioned in the past, our landlord has the radiators' thermostat on a timer, so the heat only comes on a certain times of the day - which, alas, is usually when no one is in the building.  -I'm still trying to figure out why she continues to set it "off" between 8:00pm and 4:00am, but has it going at 8:00am-2:00pm.  ???

Anyhoo... At least you can open a window at your place.  If I open mine, then I end up with too much second-hand cigarette smoke from the people next door who smoke on their stoop. :-\
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #109 on: December 07, 2008, 11:45:17 AM »

OK - My previous post almost did not make sense.  I think I'm trying to do too many things at once.  So...

Laters...
Make Your Own Luck.

Tomovoz

« Reply #110 on: December 07, 2008, 11:51:30 AM »

Havea wonderful day DR Jane.  HAPPY BIRTHDAY
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #111 on: December 07, 2008, 12:01:30 PM »

I watched "The Seeker" (The Dark is Rising) last night.

So sad that the story had to be Americanised so much (I guess to sell it). The book is so dependent upon English Mythology.  I've read the books in the series  (about 15 years ago).

I had no problems with placing the children into the present (Mobile phones and computer technology etc) but was disappointed in so much. 
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #112 on: December 07, 2008, 12:27:20 PM »

I watched "The Seeker" (The Dark is Rising) last night.

So sad that the story had to be Americanised so much (I guess to sell it). The book is so dependent upon English Mythology.  I've read the books in the series  (about 15 years ago).

I had no problems with placing the children into the present (Mobile phones and computer technology etc) but was disappointed in so much. 

I am embarrassed to say that I have never heard of the movie, or the book.
“One thing’s universal,

singdaw

« Reply #113 on: December 07, 2008, 12:31:41 PM »

DDNigel is a real cutie!    :)

singdaw

« Reply #114 on: December 07, 2008, 12:32:39 PM »

I am embarrassed to say that I have never heard of the movie, or the book.

Oh come now.  Surely you have better things to be embarrassed about?     ;)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #115 on: December 07, 2008, 12:32:48 PM »

Back from the booklet designer's home.  We've discussed the cover, he "gets" it and I'll have something to look at in a day or two.  I also gave him all the material for the cover of our January release.

singdaw

« Reply #116 on: December 07, 2008, 12:33:20 PM »

bk, CONGRATULATIONS on 44,000 posts.

That's what I need - some oomph.

singdaw

« Reply #117 on: December 07, 2008, 12:34:06 PM »

I think I am going to go take a little nappy poo.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #118 on: December 07, 2008, 12:34:43 PM »

Both of these are things that I'll tell you right now everyone should have - they're both going to sell out within a day, that much I know (given our last two releases - copies of the Herrmann CD are going for thirty bucks and upwards on eBay).  I will give everyone here the usual few days advance notice.  The December release will officially be announced the day before Christmas, so I'll mention it here a couple of days prior to that.

singdaw

« Reply #119 on: December 07, 2008, 12:35:02 PM »

I had to conduct again this morning.   And boy, are my arms tired!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9   Go Up