Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10   Go Down

Author Topic: SOLID  (Read 21888 times)

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
Re: SOLID
« Reply #150 on: December 10, 2008, 01:59:43 PM »

Hopping off-line now to get some writing done.

WBBL.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #151 on: December 10, 2008, 01:59:56 PM »

Page Six Dance!!!

Matt H.

« Reply #152 on: December 10, 2008, 02:00:15 PM »

And now I'm REALLY going!

;D

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #153 on: December 10, 2008, 02:12:29 PM »

Then I watched EAGLE EYE. Very entertaining action thriller. I loved how it didn't talk down to the audience. For more than the first half of the film, you just have to go with the flow because you're not sure why these things are happening. Slowly but surely, however, the conspiracy plot becomes clear as it continues to ratchet up the tension. Really enjoyed it.

I just got my copy of this today.  Looking forward to watching it.
You can dream…or you can do.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #154 on: December 10, 2008, 02:20:24 PM »

I thought Fed Exwould never find me at Toyland today. However, all four cartons went to Ohio and a huge carton went to BK in Valley Village.

I have some things to do here before the opry.

Did you find your bills, without opening all the boxes?

I fear they were in the boxes that went to Ohio last week.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

MBarnum

« Reply #155 on: December 10, 2008, 02:27:25 PM »

Thanks for the birthday wishes Der Brucer and Tom and Colin!

Ben

« Reply #156 on: December 10, 2008, 02:36:13 PM »

We have finished the gift bags. A record number (sadly), 3,700 bags done in record time. We began last Monday, December 1st and finished this afternoon, Wednesday, December 10th. We had a surge of volunteers today and were able to fill all the remaining bags. All that remains is delivery on Saturday (I don't do the delivery part, I work all week and let the others pack up the cars for delivery). There is a volunteer party on Sunday but as of 3:30 this afternoon I am now officially on vacation!

We will go to Lincoln Center either tomorrow or Friday to see a costume exhibit recommended by friends and we will also go to the Morgan Library to see an exhibit of drawings and other material from Babar (a favorite character of mine).

That's it for now from Chelsea.

Later, Gaters.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #157 on: December 10, 2008, 02:43:27 PM »

Congrats on your accomplishment, Ben!

ENJOY YOUR VACATION!!!
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #158 on: December 10, 2008, 02:44:58 PM »

Glad you're feeling better, bk.  When that happened to me once, the doctor suggested that ear wax buildup could affect one's balance.

This may be TMI, but too bad. ;) My dad's hearing has been getting progressively worse over the last year.  It was so bad that we actually had to look directly at him, speak VERY clearly and over-enunciate everything so that he could read our lips. :( Anyway, a couple of weeks ago, he FINALLY went to have his ears checked out and guess what...it was all just wax that had built up in his ear!  They had to (carefully) scrape it out :P and now he has perfect hearing. :)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

singdaw

« Reply #159 on: December 10, 2008, 02:47:35 PM »

Congratulations, DR Ben, on the great work for a noble cause.

Between you and DRs RLP, DtM, and Ginny, I envy all those who have extra time off at the holidays!

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #160 on: December 10, 2008, 02:53:52 PM »

Glad you're feeling better, bk.  When that happened to me once, the doctor suggested that ear wax buildup could affect one's balance.

This may be TMI, but too bad. ;) My dad's hearing has been getting progressively worse over the last year.  It was so bad that we actually had to look directly at him, speak VERY clearly and over-enunciate everything so that he could read our lips. :( Anyway, a couple of weeks ago, he FINALLY went to have his ears checked out and guess what...it was all just wax that had built up in his ear!  They had to (carefully) scrape it out :P and now he has perfect hearing. :)

Did y'all save all that wax to make candles?

:D
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

George

« Reply #161 on: December 10, 2008, 02:55:36 PM »

Did y'all save all that wax to make candles?

:D

Ew.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #162 on: December 10, 2008, 02:55:49 PM »

And no, they didn't.

;)

George

« Reply #163 on: December 10, 2008, 02:56:31 PM »

O frabjous day, callooh, callay!
Papasaurus goes home today!
Thanks for all the vibes!!

And I am going to go home and sleeeep!

Great news, Edi!! ;D

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #164 on: December 10, 2008, 03:00:43 PM »

I want to go out again and see this new opera tonight about as much as I want a hemorrhoidectomy with no anesthesia, but since my goddaughter's mother is now the cair of the opera dept at Manhattan School of Music . . .

I really am looking forward to hearing it, but I'm not a fan of the conductor Michael Barrett and I'd rather stay in. However, duty calls.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

singdaw

« Reply #165 on: December 10, 2008, 03:16:17 PM »

duty calls.

When doody calls, you don't always have to answer!   ;)

Cillaliz

« Reply #166 on: December 10, 2008, 03:22:25 PM »

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MBARNUM!!!!!

George

« Reply #167 on: December 10, 2008, 03:24:20 PM »

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #168 on: December 10, 2008, 03:40:43 PM »

Back from a jam-packed little day.  I had a nice breakfast meeting that actually took two hours.  I then came home for but a moment, then went to the Apple Store where I bought a new mouse - I've been using an ancient Logitech mouse from my old Dell days - this new mouse is nice and sleek and CLEAN.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #169 on: December 10, 2008, 03:41:18 PM »

I then met a friend around two-thirty and we went to the Studio Cafe, where I had some Buffalo drumettes and a teeny-tiny salad.

Cillaliz

« Reply #170 on: December 10, 2008, 03:45:35 PM »

I was quite grouchy today.  I hate it when that happens

Cillaliz

« Reply #171 on: December 10, 2008, 03:46:40 PM »

I had a client who was in court on an intitial appearance for not paying a fine.  The judge told her to pay her fines or go to another planet.   Seriously.  What on earth does that mean? LOL

singdaw

« Reply #172 on: December 10, 2008, 03:46:55 PM »

Cillaliz

« Reply #173 on: December 10, 2008, 03:55:01 PM »

There's a story on NBC news tonight that Library use is up and more people have library cards than ever before.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #174 on: December 10, 2008, 03:55:16 PM »

I wish cleaning my ears would fix my hearing problem, alas it is due to nerve damage.  At least I don't need a hearing aid yet :)

Jane

« Reply #175 on: December 10, 2008, 03:55:34 PM »

I had a client who was in court on an intitial appearance for not paying a fine.  The judge told her to pay her fines or go to another planet.   Seriously.  What on earth does that mean? LOL

;D

Jane

« Reply #176 on: December 10, 2008, 03:56:17 PM »

I thought Fed Exwould never find me at Toyland today. However, all four cartons went to Ohio and a huge carton went to BK in Valley Village.

I have some things to do here before the opry.

Did you find your bills, without opening all the boxes?

I fear they were in the boxes that went to Ohio last week.

Are you going to call & ask them to look for the bills or have you been able to duplicate them?

Cillaliz

« Reply #177 on: December 10, 2008, 03:59:45 PM »

I wish cleaning my ears would fix my hearing problem, alas it is due to nerve damage.  At least I don't need a hearing aid yet :)

I've used Q tips to clean my ears all my life.  They say never to do that, but I haven't had a problem.   

Jane

« Reply #178 on: December 10, 2008, 04:02:39 PM »

DR Cilla, I did have the hearing in my right ear improve drastically the day the doctor pulled the cotton from a Qtip out of it. ;D

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #179 on: December 10, 2008, 04:04:50 PM »

What?  What did you say?
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10   Go Up