Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 13   Go Down

Author Topic: SO FAR, SO GOOD  (Read 33997 times)

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
Re: SO FAR, SO GOOD
« Reply #120 on: January 08, 2009, 09:54:25 AM »

Well 2 cans in so far, but I lost most of the first one, so that doesn't really count -   still if I can manage another two today that would be good (and better than yesterday)

What "cans" are you taking/eating/pouring/ingesting? Ensure, Boost, etc.?  Or is it something more specialized?

It's something called Two-Cal, it's like Ensure but more caloric, more protien - it has 475 calories oer can and if I take all 4 cans (or 1900 calories) that I am supposed to,  I am guaranteed 100% of all required nutrional requirements.

Problem is small as the can is, it makes me feel bloated.  My gag relex is on a hair trigger these days so I have to stay very, very still until I think my stomach has emptied.  Tha was the problem early this morning - I got up too quickly and when I leaned over and my waistband pressed against my belly, that was all she wrote....

This time I took over an hour to slowly feed myself and then sat still for another hour or so before I dared to stand up.  So far, so good.

Shucks....I was hoping it was pureed "Spaghetti-Os".
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #121 on: January 08, 2009, 09:55:48 AM »

Speaking of hair-triggered gag reflexes...it takes nothing more than a maggot or seeing someone barf to set mine off.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #122 on: January 08, 2009, 09:56:00 AM »

DR Vixmom, I hope the ENT can take over. I remember how awful the other doctor was.

The ENT just called me.  He said that he knows the other doctor personally and professionally and that he is teh best qualified guy around for my specialized type of cancer but he was very concerned when I told him about the problems I was having with the staff, particuarly the evil chauncy.

He said he was going to call Dr Frank himself - and make sure that tomorrow's visit was smooth and stress-free and that if I still was unhappy to call him back and he would either refer me to another oncology surgeon or take over the case himself.

I love Dr Gargano 
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #123 on: January 08, 2009, 09:56:15 AM »

Page 5 RADIOLOGY BLUES DANCE!

vixmom

« Reply #124 on: January 08, 2009, 09:57:12 AM »

Report to "Radiology" for "Chest X-rays."

Funny enough...the last time I went to get chest X-rays when I was sick, my doctor was out of town and this doctor I'm seeing today was taking his patients.

He was none too happy with me when I walked into his office and sat down.  I was ashen, slightly perspiring and could barely talk.  I had just survived a weekend bout with strep throat but, for some reason, did not feel "well" or "recovering."

This doctor (Dr. Shedd, as in "Shedd Spread"!) looked at me and said, "Well, you've got a cold.  What do you expect ME to do about it?"

I felt no urge to bitchslap him, so I said, "I expect you to make sure I haven't missed something in trying to combat this thing.  I should be feeling better, but I'm not."

He ordered an X-ray...and 20 minutes later butter would have melted within a 10-foot radius of him.  He was all warmly solicitous of me and my condition...and the pneumonia he prescribed medications for...and the order to stay home from work for at least a week.

I hope he remembers you and takes you seriously from the moment you walk in this time - and vibes that it's nothing too serious

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #125 on: January 08, 2009, 09:57:44 AM »

DR Vixmom, I hope the ENT can take over. I remember how awful the other doctor was.

The ENT just called me.  He said that he knows the other doctor personally and professionally and that he is teh best qualified guy around for my specialized type of cancer but he was very concerned when I told him about the problems I was having with the staff, particuarly the evil chauncy.

He said he was going to call Dr Frank himself - and make sure that tomorrow's visit was smooth and stress-free and that if I still was unhappy to call him back and he would either refer me to another oncology surgeon or take over the case himself.

I love Dr Gargano 

This "evil" Chauncy....would he by any chance have a cat named Azriel?

And is Dr. Gargano a friend of Papa Smurf, by chance?

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #126 on: January 08, 2009, 09:58:57 AM »

I believe that's Phase 2.
Make Your Own Luck.

vixmom

« Reply #127 on: January 08, 2009, 09:59:44 AM »

I love Dr Gargano 

This "evil" Chauncy....would he by any chance have a cat named Azriel?

And is Dr. Gargano a friend of Papa Smurf, by chance?

1.  I wouldn't doubt it

2. Dr. Gargano is a friend to EVERYBODY

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #128 on: January 08, 2009, 10:00:02 AM »

And would Phase 3 involve chocolate in any way?

vixmom

« Reply #129 on: January 08, 2009, 10:00:44 AM »

Dang, I was hoping Phase 2 was that smoke RLP was gonna blow down my tube

vixmom

« Reply #130 on: January 08, 2009, 10:01:42 AM »

And would Phase 3 involve chocolate in any way?

Only if you follow my Phase 2 then, ABSOLUTELY!

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #131 on: January 08, 2009, 10:07:39 AM »

Vibes this is nothing more than a bad cold, or something with an easy fix!

I had both flu and pneumonia shots back in late September.

That doesn't mean you can't get them.  It should reduce the severity if you do. 

Jane

« Reply #132 on: January 08, 2009, 10:08:30 AM »

Cheryl's page on the MMC.....

http://www.originalmmc.com/cheryl.html

I was just about to post this site.  I've been having fun browsing it.

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #133 on: January 08, 2009, 10:11:16 AM »

just ugly.  There are lots of things and people like that ;)

Yes, and they seem to congregate at Laura's mall.

der Brucer
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

Jane

« Reply #134 on: January 08, 2009, 10:12:35 AM »

I love Dr Gargano 

Excellent!

Are you drinking the liquid in the cans?  I thought they were going into the feeding tube.

KEEPING THIS STUFF DOWN VIBES!!!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #135 on: January 08, 2009, 10:12:56 AM »

Me, too, DR JANE.....at least Cheryl's is not as sad as Darlene's or Annette's pages.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

vixmom

« Reply #136 on: January 08, 2009, 10:17:10 AM »

I think she was much prettier than Annette who was Walt's pet - I suspect he is the one who kept her in the background to avoid any competition for Annette

vixmom

« Reply #137 on: January 08, 2009, 10:19:51 AM »

I love Dr Gargano 

Excellent!

Are you drinking the liquid in the cans?  I thought they were going into the feeding tube.

I take the stuff out of the can and pour it into a mug and then I use a thing like a turkey baster to suck up the stuff and squirt it down my tube.

I could never drink it. Tthese days it is all I can do to sip some gingerale or water and this stuff is pretty think - it's like a melted maltshake thick...
« Last Edit: January 08, 2009, 10:21:42 AM by vixmom »

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #138 on: January 08, 2009, 10:20:29 AM »

Could be, DR VIXMOM.  But Annette got the fan mail.  I agree that Cheryl was probably the most naturally pretty of all the Mouse Girls.

Laura

« Reply #139 on: January 08, 2009, 10:20:36 AM »

That's good news about the ENT, Vixmom. They should be on their best behavior for ALL of the patients.

DR Ron Pulliam, a few years ago I got a sinus infection right after one of the doctors at the practice (mine, actually) passed away. This was in early October. The earliest they said they would be able to schedule an appointment was for the day after Thanksgiving. I went to an urgent care clinic and was out in a half hour with meds.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2009, 10:22:52 AM by Laura »
"That's a lotta hamsters."

vixmom

« Reply #140 on: January 08, 2009, 10:20:53 AM »

Vibes this is nothing more than a bad cold, or something with an easy fix!

I had both flu and pneumonia shots back in late September.

That doesn't mean you can't get them.  It should reduce the severity if you do. 

I read that as "I will reduce my severity if you do"

Laura

« Reply #141 on: January 08, 2009, 10:22:24 AM »

The pneumonia shot is only good for certain bacteria that cause pneumonia.
"That's a lotta hamsters."

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #142 on: January 08, 2009, 10:24:32 AM »

What about the fronteria and the cafeteria?

Jane

« Reply #143 on: January 08, 2009, 10:24:33 AM »

I think so too.

Except for the MS, which is horrible, I didn't find Annette's page sad.

Karen has also had a difficult time, though her handling of it is admirable.

I think she was much prettier than Annette who was Walt's pet - I suspect he is the one who kept her in the background to avoid any competition for Annette

vixmom

« Reply #144 on: January 08, 2009, 10:24:58 AM »

That's good news about the ENT, Vixmom. They should be on their best behavior for ALL of the patients.

DR Ron Pulliam, I got a sinus infection right after one of the doctors at the practice (mine, actually) passed away. This was in early October. The earliest they said they would be able to schedule an appointment was for the day after Thanksgiving. I went to an urgent care clinic and was out in a half hour with meds.

I wonder sometimes where the people at the front desks of doctor's offices think they are working?  The can't be aware of the fact that real live people with real live diseases are seeking immediate medical attention - they must think they work in a Jiffy Lube or something

Jane

« Reply #145 on: January 08, 2009, 10:25:22 AM »

I love Dr Gargano 

Excellent!

I take the stuff out of the can and pour it into a mug and then I use a thing like a turkey baster to suck up the stuff and squirt it down my tube.

I could never drink it. Tthese days it is all I can do to sip some gingerale or water and this stuff is pretty think - it's like a melted maltshake thick...

I didn't think you drank it, it just didn't realize a feeding tube caused such problems.  I thought it avoided them.

vixmom

« Reply #146 on: January 08, 2009, 10:25:38 AM »

Come to think of it, Jiffy Lube is pretty darn responsive....

vixmom

« Reply #147 on: January 08, 2009, 10:26:57 AM »

I love Dr Gargano 

Excellent!

I didn't think you drank it, it just didn't realize a feeding tube caused such problems.  I thought it avoided them.

In theory it is supposed to... I just don't fit the theory

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #148 on: January 08, 2009, 10:26:59 AM »

This time I took over an hour to slowly feed myself and then sat still for another hour or so before I dared to stand up. 

You clearly need a fainting couch and a nubian slave to patiently pour your nutrients. 

der Brucer
« Last Edit: January 08, 2009, 10:30:19 AM by DERBRUCER »
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #149 on: January 08, 2009, 10:33:36 AM »

Jrand, the North CD is ten bucks including shipping.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 13   Go Up