Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11   Go Down

Author Topic: THE EARLY SHOW  (Read 18351 times)

FJL

Re: THE EARLY SHOW
« Reply #30 on: January 17, 2009, 05:58:22 AM »

Interesting - someone on castrecl found this video of the Pet Shop Boys singing Sondheim's "Losing My Mind"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RK_iu_cnq-A

DAW

« Reply #31 on: January 17, 2009, 05:58:38 AM »

***SAFE & EASY TRAVEL VIBES***
for Laura DR!!!!!

DAW

« Reply #32 on: January 17, 2009, 06:02:25 AM »

Interesting - someone on castrecl found this video of the Pet Shop Boys singing Sondheim's "Losing My Mind"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RK_iu_cnq-A

Well...  It's a concept.    :)

Jennifer

« Reply #33 on: January 17, 2009, 06:04:35 AM »

DR Ann I am just reading about your hospital visit now. Vibes that everything is better. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jennifer

« Reply #34 on: January 17, 2009, 06:07:23 AM »

Thumbs down from my niece on the new Howie Mandel show.

My brother-in-law was watching. The threw a bucket of wine on some lady.  My niece ran out of the room screaming, "this show is not for me!".

I have never seen her run screaming from tv. But she was scared by the show and kept asking me why they were throwing wine on the lady!

:(

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #35 on: January 17, 2009, 06:24:46 AM »

Was it red wine or white?

If it was red wine, it could have been a lead-in for an OxyClean ad.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

ArnoldMBrockman

• so many possibilities
« Reply #36 on: January 17, 2009, 06:34:02 AM »

And the word of the day is: ANTONOMASIA!

And The Song Of The Day Is:  CALL ME MISTER

ArnoldMBrockman

• so many possibilities
« Reply #37 on: January 17, 2009, 06:35:27 AM »

HAPPY NOEL BIRTHDAY

Laura

« Reply #38 on: January 17, 2009, 07:05:07 AM »

***SAFE & EASY TRAVEL VIBES***
for Laura DR!!!!!

Thank you. We are about to board.
"That's a lotta hamsters."

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #39 on: January 17, 2009, 07:12:31 AM »

Quoth MattH yestereve:

TOmorrow I'll be working on a Comedy CEntral stand-up special which shouldn't take all afternoon and evening. I've never heard of the comedian, so it should be interesting and at least something new.

Then, on Sunday, I'll begin the final season of CHEERS in its upcoming boxset release.

Betsy's brother's wife was Production Manager on Cheers for most of its run.   All of the support staff play bar customers in the two-part finale (when Shelley Long returned).  You can see Betsy's brother and his wife in the booth stage right (screen left of the bar) throughout that episode.  :)
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

JMK

« Reply #40 on: January 17, 2009, 07:14:44 AM »

Well, folks, it's PRODUCERS audition day.  We have Bialy pre-cast (shhhh....don't tell anyone), but here's to finding a decent Bloom.  I think we may need to go with a less than statuesque Ulla, but the woman I have in mind is gorgeous and can belt, so we'll simply put her in the highest heels she can walk in.  ;)

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #41 on: January 17, 2009, 07:21:50 AM »

Catching up with yesterday's posts.  Lawdy, this group can be a bunch of Chatty Cathys.

Yesterday, der B was not entirely truthful about how his wife never knew he was gay.  OK, what he said was that he never told her, but...

Since his wife and I met, at a Christmas dinner at their daughter's, then yes, she knew.  I mean, c'mon, what other reason was there for my being at that table?  Nobody is that dense.  (She and I were cordial and polite the entire evening, if you're wondering.)

However, since I don't believe der B and his spouse ever discussed his sexual inclinations, he wasn't being dishonest, either.

...ADDITION

Never mind, I just read his further post where he told the same story.

However dot dot dot...

People figure us out as a couple a lot faster than the hour he figured it they would take to figure.  Like, minutes, say!

We are cute together.   ;D
« Last Edit: January 17, 2009, 07:36:52 AM by S. Woody White »
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #42 on: January 17, 2009, 07:26:19 AM »

...I think we may need to go with a less than statuesque Ulla, but the woman I have in mind is gorgeous and can belt, so we'll simply put her in the highest heels she can walk in.  ;)

Send whoever is doing her costumes to Victoria's Secret, she'll look fine.

So I've been told.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #43 on: January 17, 2009, 07:26:49 AM »

I'm back from all my errands so I'm very happy for the nonce.

Today's taxi driver from Tunisia was a cheery and pleasant fellow to and from my drop-off place and I ran into my Cincinnati librarian friend Peggy and her husband Peter on their way to buy a tv at the closeout selling Circuit City. Peggy moved to New York in 1978 with her young man at the time, the late Eugene Sher, who was the primary mover in getting me to New York in June 1979.  That's another story involving a U-Haul truck containing all of their property burning to a crisp on State Route 80, somewhere between Cincinnati and Manhattan around 4 am, an aborted theatrical showcase and the Drama Book Shop.

By 1983, Peggy was engaged to Peter, author of the New York history UPPER WEST SIDE STORY, and by 1986 or so, Eugene had moved to Los Angeles, where he died from a heart attack around 1999, too young and too unappreciated as an actor and mensch.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2009, 07:28:32 AM by elmore3003 »
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

DAW

« Reply #44 on: January 17, 2009, 07:29:23 AM »

***AUDITION VIBES***
for DR JMK

and ***PATIENCE VIBES*** for DS Zach!!!

DAW

« Reply #45 on: January 17, 2009, 07:30:52 AM »

Lawdy, this group can be a bunch of Chatty Cathys.

Yourself excluded.                   ;)

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #46 on: January 17, 2009, 07:31:58 AM »

Lawdy, this group can be a bunch of Chatty Cathys.

Yourself excluded.                   ;)

Just don't mention $2 bills! :)

I'm making ginger tea from some ginger root and the apartment smells delightful.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2009, 07:34:56 AM by elmore3003 »
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #47 on: January 17, 2009, 07:41:16 AM »

Favorite magazines?

I certainly remember getting the first issue of MAD.  I even recall there was a hilarious spoof in there of the Gary Cooper/Burt Lancaster movie, VERA CRUZ, which was a big hit back then.

But, before that, I was really into all of the EC comic books, from MAD to TALES FROM THE CRYPT to FRONTLINE COMBAT to CRIME SUSPENSTORIES and the Sci-Fi mags, which occasionally ran a Ray Bradbury story.

I bought them all.
You can dream…or you can do.

Kerry

« Reply #48 on: January 17, 2009, 07:41:24 AM »

HAPPY  BIRTHDAY DR NOEL!!!!
I like boat races.

Kerry

« Reply #49 on: January 17, 2009, 07:47:10 AM »

TOD:

MAD magazine, of course
LIFE
Look
Saturday Evening Post
My grandparents got the latter 3, and I spent a lot of time with them and would would spend hours looking through them.  I am still amazed at how grim some of of the Life photos were.
I like boat races.

JMK

« Reply #50 on: January 17, 2009, 07:47:17 AM »

Matt & Bruce, your various DVDs/BDs are on their way.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #51 on: January 17, 2009, 07:50:19 AM »

TOD:

My very first magazine was HIGHLIGHTS,  but I only liked that one for the hidden picture puzzle--otherwise, I considered it "baby-ish".
I quickly moved on to the vastly more sophisticted JACK AND JILL, with its interesting stories (I loved the Baba Yaga tales), fun craft ideas and games and puzzles.  I still have some of those stashed away.
Of course, there was FAMOUS MONSTERS which I devoured cover to cover.   My devotion to this magazine and its subject matter led to my incessant viewing of horror movies, consequently leading to an interest in classic  movies in general which, through movie musicals, opened my eyes to musical theatre and the stage.
MAD was another must-read for me, my favorite features being the TV and movie and song parodies.  But I absolutely laughed my young butt off reading Al Jaffe's Snappy Answers to Stupid Questions.
Also, while they were not my magazines, our household was always stocked with the latest issues of LIFE, WOMAN'S DAY, FAMILY CIRCLE, READERS DIGEST, 16, TIGER BEAT, NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC and TV GUIDE.
Comics, along with CREEPY, EERIE and VAMPIRELLA, are a different subject all together. (Not to mention PLAYBOY, PENTHOUSE and, eventually, PLAYGIRL.)
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #52 on: January 17, 2009, 07:51:36 AM »

Good morning!

Bitterly cold once again though it's going to warm to the mid-30s today, something we didn't get close to yesterday. The heat has been running almost constantly even though I have it set on 60 while I'm upstairs since my office is much warmer than the downstairs.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #53 on: January 17, 2009, 07:54:15 AM »

Matt & Bruce, your various DVDs/BDs are on their way.

Thank you! Looking forward to receiving the package!  :D

Matt H.

« Reply #54 on: January 17, 2009, 07:55:44 AM »

The comic whose special I'll be watching later today is Russell Peters and his special is RED, WHITE, AND BROWN. There appear to be a fair number of special features on the disc, too, so I'll likely be tied up with this for a good chunk of the evening.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #55 on: January 17, 2009, 07:55:51 AM »

Happy Birthday to DR Noel!
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

The Vixter

« Reply #56 on: January 17, 2009, 07:56:58 AM »

Hello everyone out there!!!!! The Vixter is back and I need to tell you somthing.
*Inhale* GIRL SCOUT COOKIES ARE BACK FOR THE REST OF JANUARY!!!!!!!

...My troop always hands out stuff late.
Anyway, heres what we got:

Thin Mints: 28 per box
Tagalongs: 15 per box
Do-si-dos: 20 per box
Samoas: 15 per box
Trefoils: 36 per box
*Suger free* Chocolate Chips: 15 per box
*New* Lemon Chalet Cremes: 20 per box
*New* Dulce De Leche: 15 per box

They took the All Abouts off, I have no idea why...
All of the cookies have 0 transfat, all packages are 3.50 last time I checked.

On a more important note, Mom is feeling better, and she now has the bell to signal me for when she needs me. (Why Amy? WHY?!?!?!?!)

But she'll be better soon, and that's what's really important to me right now.

...That's all I got right now. I'll post again later if I can.

The Vixter
Me: Hi, my names Vicky, and I think I might have become a textaholic.
All my friends: Hi Vicky. *Applause*

Kerry

« Reply #57 on: January 17, 2009, 07:57:15 AM »

And if nothing else but questionable taste:

http://www.wikio.com/video/747973
I like boat races.

Matt H.

« Reply #58 on: January 17, 2009, 07:57:34 AM »

JUNO is making its paycable premiere on HBO today, but I never had much interest in the story after I read some reviews on the picture, so I doubt I'll record it.

Matt H.

« Reply #59 on: January 17, 2009, 08:02:27 AM »

The earliest magazines I can remember looking forward to reading were MAD and WALT DISNEY MAGAZINE (produced during the run of THE MICKEY MOUSE CLUB). I was also a BIG fan of the DC/Superman universe, so I had to have ACTION, ADVENTURE, SUPERMAN, SUPERBOY, JIMMY OLSEN, and LOIS LANE whenever they appeared.

The biggest discovery for me as a kid was that I could SUBSCRIBE to my favorite magazines and not have to try to find them every month at the dime store. As I've always been someone who looked forward to mail delivery (like Christmas every day!), it was thrilling getting my magazines delivered to my home often days before they appeared on newstands.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11   Go Up