Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11   Go Down

Author Topic: THE EARLY SHOW  (Read 18349 times)

Cillaliz

Re: THE EARLY SHOW
« Reply #60 on: January 17, 2009, 08:08:57 AM »

DR CILLA LIZ - that's great news....I am only in the second week of my diet and the end of the first week of my exercise program, so I haven't seen much change....although the clothes do fit better.  I am hoping to have a give away party as well.

Also if you have a friend in a theatre company, you might ask if they would like the clothes for their costume collection.  If they do contemporary plays, they always need different stuff.

That's a good idea. 
And it's still deductible if they have their Non-Profit Tax status.

This reminds me I have a roll of carpet to take to the Habitat Re-store

Cillaliz

« Reply #61 on: January 17, 2009, 08:11:39 AM »

DR CILLA LIZ - that's great news....I am only in the second week of my diet and the end of the first week of my exercise program, so I haven't seen much change....although the clothes do fit better.  I am hoping to have a give away party as well.

Also if you have a friend in a theatre company, you might ask if they would like the clothes for their costume collection.  If they do contemporary plays, they always need different stuff.

I need stuff for my clients to wear to trial too, so I'll keep a few of the trial appropriate things for my female clients

Cillaliz

« Reply #62 on: January 17, 2009, 08:18:17 AM »

My very first magazine was HIGHTLIGHTS.  I liked that puzzle too, DR DAN.  I also had Jack and Jill which I also enjoyed.   When I was a little older it was Self and Seventeen.  My brother always got MAD so I read that.  I was very into comics - The Archies, Richie Rich, and others.

Cillaliz

« Reply #63 on: January 17, 2009, 08:19:58 AM »

Time for me to take off.  I am hoping that the check that's been in the mail from a certain Southern California Lawyer who has hired me as local counsel on a case here arrives today. 

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #64 on: January 17, 2009, 08:28:31 AM »

Time to head downstairs to check the mail (and no mail delivery on Monday due to MLK DAY; BOO!!!) and then start fixing some lunch.

WBBL.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Danise

« Reply #65 on: January 17, 2009, 08:36:44 AM »

Hello all.  Sorry I haven't been in touch but it has been a very busy time. 

I'm waiting for the guy to show up to take me to go pick out some hardware for the house.

I am so thrilled and scared that I really don't know what to say. 

I will have new windows, tiled floors, a new utility room added, heat and air, rewired, privacy fence on the west side of the house (don't need it on the other sides because it's already there), fans with lights, a new kitchen sink, water heater, etc, etc. 

Touch Magic, Pass it on!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #66 on: January 17, 2009, 08:39:37 AM »

I'm waiting for the guy to show up to take me to go pick out some hardware for the house.

I will have new windows, tiled floors, a new utility room added, heat and air, rewired, privacy fence on the west side of the house (don't need it on the other sides because it's already there), fans with lights, a new kitchen sink, water heater, etc, etc. 

DR Danise! What great news and what a surprise. You've been quite busy while our backs are turned. I think it'sfantastic.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Danise

« Reply #67 on: January 17, 2009, 08:39:52 AM »

Hugs and vibes to all who need them.  Especially our very dear VixMom and family.  You are never far from my thoughts even if I'm not posting all the time.
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Danise

« Reply #68 on: January 17, 2009, 08:41:09 AM »

DR Danise! What great news and what a surprise. You've been quite busy while our backs are turned. I think it'sfantastic.

Yes, I have!  I just thought that I might as well get everything done that I wanted so I will be content with this house.  I only feel bad that Mom won't be here to see it when it is done. 
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Danise

« Reply #69 on: January 17, 2009, 08:41:49 AM »

I am taking lots of pictures--at least a few every day so you all can see  the before and after shots when it's done.
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Ginny

« Reply #70 on: January 17, 2009, 08:41:57 AM »

Saturday morning greetings!  Richard and I are celebrating our 28th wedding anniversary today - quietly, with dinner at The Meadows tonight.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #71 on: January 17, 2009, 08:42:17 AM »

Happiest of birthdays to DR Noel!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Danise

« Reply #72 on: January 17, 2009, 08:43:10 AM »

Saturday morning greetings!  Richard and I are celebrating our 28th wedding anniversary today - quietly, with dinner at The Meadows tonight.

Congrats on the the wedding anniversary, DR Ginny!
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Danise

« Reply #73 on: January 17, 2009, 08:43:31 AM »

And a very happy Birthday to DR Noel as well! 
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Ginny

« Reply #74 on: January 17, 2009, 08:44:38 AM »

...Eugene had moved to Los Angeles, where he died from a heart attack around 1999, too young and too unappreciated as an actor and mensch.

Ah, memories...We've lost several from that Look Homeward, Angel cast, haven't we?

Ginny

« Reply #75 on: January 17, 2009, 08:45:17 AM »

Congrats on the the wedding anniversary, DR Ginny!

Thanks, DR Danise!  I'm looking forward to your home improvement photos.

Danise

« Reply #76 on: January 17, 2009, 08:49:03 AM »

opps have to go!  Have a GREAT day all!
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Miss Karen

« Reply #77 on: January 17, 2009, 09:01:28 AM »

Mornin' HHWers!

TOD: started with Highlights
         Life
         Look
         National Geographic
         of course MAD Magazine

Kerry

« Reply #78 on: January 17, 2009, 09:01:57 AM »

Congratulations!!!!
I like boat races.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #79 on: January 17, 2009, 09:07:34 AM »

Boy did I sleep.  I think I had interesting dreams, too, but they're already faded away.  I went to bed around eleven-forty, head hit the pillow, and I was out until she of the Evil Eye knocked at the door about five minutes ago.

DAW

« Reply #80 on: January 17, 2009, 09:08:39 AM »

CONGRATULATIONS to DR Danise on all the spiffy new additions to your house!!!!   :D

DAW

« Reply #81 on: January 17, 2009, 09:09:26 AM »

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY
to DR Ginny & DH Richard!!!!

Ginny

« Reply #82 on: January 17, 2009, 09:11:14 AM »

TOD - earliest memory is of something called Humpty Dumpty, then Highlights and Jack & Jill.  I, too, loved comic books like Archie and Katey Keene.

For economics class in high school, I was required to subscribe to Newsweek and still read it, 40+ years later.  Richard also subscribes to The Week, which I like a lot and now have more time to read.  My personal subscriptions now are Good Housekeeping, Country Living, MORE, Real Simple, and Midwest Living.  Through Facebook, I met a 7th grade language arts teacher in central Ohio whose students make collages and I send her all those mags when I'm finished with them.  In return, she sends me a Vera Bradley trinket.

Ginny

« Reply #83 on: January 17, 2009, 09:12:43 AM »

Thanks, DR DAW!  Three years ago, we spent our anniversary week in NYC - wish we were there now!

DAW

« Reply #84 on: January 17, 2009, 09:13:22 AM »

I'm reading about Dewey, the library cat [and also a lot about Iowa!] and drinking some hot chocolate.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #85 on: January 17, 2009, 09:18:12 AM »

I am so not ready to jog, but I think that in fifteen minutes that is exactly what I shall do, otherwise I won't get it done.  Tomorrow is my taking a day off from jogging day.

Miss Karen

« Reply #86 on: January 17, 2009, 09:19:48 AM »

Who is this DAW person and why does his avatar look like our beloved Naomi? What has he done with Singdaw and all those gratuitous posts SingingOne had compiled?! Hmmmm? I can't leave HHW for a second, without things getting all topsy-turvy... (well, that's not true -- things are always topsy-turvy at HHW, I'm just not always here to experience them ...)

Miss Karen

« Reply #87 on: January 17, 2009, 09:20:45 AM »

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY
to DR Ginny & DH Richard!!!!

DITTO! And many more!!!!

DAW

« Reply #88 on: January 17, 2009, 09:27:23 AM »

DR Miss Karen: Laura DR and yours truly have started over - re-inventing ourselves, as it were!   :)

MBarnum

« Reply #89 on: January 17, 2009, 09:34:18 AM »

Happy Birthday DR Noel!

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11   Go Up