Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 15   Go Down

Author Topic: THE WEARY BONES  (Read 29693 times)

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
Re: THE WEARY BONES
« Reply #330 on: January 18, 2009, 06:03:59 PM »

I also liked (but didn't love) the musical remake of THE AWFUL TRUTH with Ray Milland and Jane Wyman and Aldo Ray....

Jane Wyman was a pretty good singer and dancer - especially in JUST FOR YOU and HERE COMES THE GROOM with Bing Crosby.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Ginny

« Reply #331 on: January 18, 2009, 06:05:32 PM »

DR Ginny are you seriously looking or just looking to see what's out there  (at houses, that is)

I'm wondering the same thing.  You sort of left us dangling there ;)

Sorry, DRs Cillaliz and Jane and anyone else who's wondering.  Richard and I have been talking for a year or so about how nice it would be to have a one-story house with the laundry not in the basement.  We've been going to open houses once in a while, just to get an idea of what we like and what we don't.  Today, he was grossed out by the fact that, in the master suite, you had to go through the bathroom to get to the huge walk-in closet.  Seemed pretty impractical to me.  No wonder they haven't been able to sell that house since it was built on spec.

The day that Hurricane Ike hit (Sept. 13) we stopped at an open house on the way home from church and took a quick look at a house just after the power had gone off.  It was as close to perfection for me as we'll come (except for the location, but you can't have everything).  When we passed it today, with the sign still out front, I said that to Richard and he said, "I thought you didn't like it."  Think we might make an appointment to go have another look, with the lights on and our lines of communication open.

What street's it on?

North Breiel Blvd., just north of Nelson Road.  That's the big drawback - no street parking (except on the cross street) and having to back out of the driveway into three lanes of southbound traffic.  Not heavy traffic, but traffic nonetheless.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #332 on: January 18, 2009, 06:06:20 PM »

Page 12 Jane Wyman Dance.  ;D

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #333 on: January 18, 2009, 06:09:59 PM »

OK...Pete Seeger...I'm officially crying now.

Isn't he great? I must say that Renee Fleming needs a new arranger; what did that person do to "You'll Never Walk Alone"?

He looked fantastic, much healthier even than when we filmed him 10 years ago. He wasn't dressed very warmly compared to the others, and he trotted off stage like a gazelle! I would love a DVD George, just for that! Man, that made my night!

To go from being blacklisted in the 50's to this moment---wow!

Okay, you're on the list.  Anyone else want a DVD?
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #334 on: January 18, 2009, 06:10:30 PM »

DR Ginny are you seriously looking or just looking to see what's out there  (at houses, that is)

Sorry, DRs Cillaliz and Jane and anyone else who's wondering.  Richard and I have been talking for a year or so about how nice it would be to have a one-story house with the laundry not in the basement.  We've been going to open houses once in a while, just to get an idea of what we like and what we don't.  Today, he was grossed out by the fact that, in the master suite, you had to go through the bathroom to get to the huge walk-in closet.  Seemed pretty impractical to me.  No wonder they haven't been able to sell that house since it was built on spec.

The day that Hurricane Ike hit (Sept. 13) we stopped at an open house on the way home from church and took a quick look at a house just after the power had gone off.  It was as close to perfection for me as we'll come (except for the location, but you can't have everything).  When we passed it today, with the sign still out front, I said that to Richard and he said, "I thought you didn't like it."  Think we might make an appointment to go have another look, with the lights on and our lines of communication open.

What street's it on?

North Breiel Blvd., just north of Nelson Road.  That's the big drawback - no street parking (except on the cross street) and having to back out of the driveway into three lanes of southbound traffic.  Not heavy traffic, but traffic nonetheless.

I wouldn't like that at all.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #335 on: January 18, 2009, 06:10:36 PM »

I did like Beyoncé's jacket, though...

The Presidential Bash on NBC looks like fun. And since we seem to have free HBO today, I get to watch FLIGHT OF THE CONCHORDS. Yay!
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Edisaurus

« Reply #336 on: January 18, 2009, 06:11:20 PM »

Isn't he great? I must say that Renee Fleming needs a new arranger; what did that person do to "You'll Never Walk Alone"?

He looked fantastic, much healthier even than when we filmed him 10 years ago. He wasn't dressed very warmly compared to the others, and he trotted off stage like a gazelle! I would love a DVD George, just for that! Man, that made my night!

To go from being blacklisted in the 50's to this moment---wow!

Okay, you're on the list.  Anyone else want a DVD?

Thank you so much, George!
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #337 on: January 18, 2009, 06:12:11 PM »

DITTO, George, please!
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #338 on: January 18, 2009, 06:13:06 PM »

My Aunt Pauline had a beautiful 1962 Plymouth Fury 4-door hardtop in Powder Blue.

It had a push button transmission.  She would just push the R Button.....lay on the horn.....and back out into traffic.....

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #339 on: January 18, 2009, 06:13:26 PM »

What street's it on?

I wouldn't like that at all.

DR Ginny, maybe you shouldn't look at it.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #340 on: January 18, 2009, 06:14:06 PM »

After many years growing up in a multi story house.....it has been VERY nice to spend these many later years in a one story ranch style house.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #341 on: January 18, 2009, 06:15:19 PM »

I wonder what our Guest is looking at?

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #342 on: January 18, 2009, 06:15:49 PM »

MR BK what a swell party that sounds like.  The conversation must have been sparkling - what music was playing in the background?

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #343 on: January 18, 2009, 06:17:42 PM »

Jrand, yes, the Laurel Canyon address is good.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #344 on: January 18, 2009, 06:18:11 PM »

I need to get back to learning lines.......... and watching football.

G'night!
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

DAW

« Reply #345 on: January 18, 2009, 06:18:23 PM »

Is Leslie Uggams gonna sing "June Is Bustin' Out All Over" - it's her D.C. signature tune.

;D

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #346 on: January 18, 2009, 06:18:41 PM »

No music at the party - it was at a local pizza joint - I had two tiny slices, not really enough to eat for a whole day, but then again, I also had cake at home.  Margaret was very happy with the additional paragraphs - she laughed out loud, so that's good.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #347 on: January 18, 2009, 06:19:58 PM »

The Presidential Bash on NBC looks like fun. And since we seem to have free HBO today, I get to watch FLIGHT OF THE CONCHORDS. Yay!

The east coast feed of free HBO ended right after the concert.  The west coast feed is available because the concert hasn't been shown yet.  I'll record that as well...just to make sure.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Edisaurus

« Reply #348 on: January 18, 2009, 06:30:32 PM »

The east coast feed of free HBO ended right after the concert.  The west coast feed is available because the concert hasn't been shown yet.  I'll record that as well...just to make sure.

Oh, dang. Well, I'll probably buy the new season when it's released on DVD. :-(

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #349 on: January 18, 2009, 06:31:51 PM »

Jrand, yes, the Laurel Canyon address is good.

Thanks.  Of course I cannot post the package until Tuesday.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #350 on: January 18, 2009, 06:32:55 PM »

I have proposed a play to my friend Bryan....for next season....or perhaps this summer.  A part I would truly love to play.....we shall see.

Edisaurus

« Reply #351 on: January 18, 2009, 06:33:33 PM »

Speaking of Pete Seeger, an interesting thing my DH noticed while he was spending so much time at the hospital was that he kept hearing the song, Turn, Turn, Turn. He finally realized that they play it at the top of every hour, I guess so that the staff can keep track of their shifts. Must keep everyones' clocks synchronized!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #352 on: January 18, 2009, 06:33:54 PM »

Time for bed, I reckon.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #353 on: January 18, 2009, 06:37:10 PM »

Speaking of Pete Seeger, an interesting thing my DH noticed while he was spending so much time at the hospital was that he kept hearing the song, Turn, Turn, Turn. He finally realized that they play it at the top of every hour, I guess so that the staff can keep track of their shifts. Must keep everyones' clocks synchronized!

Interesting. ;D

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #354 on: January 18, 2009, 06:37:32 PM »

I was always very glad I did not live in the south.  I feared I would not be brave enough to speak up.

It wasn't just the south, they were just more blatant about discrimination.

In Philadelphia, noted as "The First Free City" the blacks just knew to keep their place. They could shop in the downtown department stores (if they used the rear employee entrances). They could not use the fitting rooms and clothing they bought was non-returnable. They had their neighborhoods, stores, theatres churches. If one black family moved into an area, the whole block went up for fire sale.

I'll still never forget when Judge Hastings (ex-Governor of the Virgin Islands) bought a lovely 18th Century mansion on a full square block piece of property in our area. His family decide to attend our church. The first Sunday they were there my cousin-in-law saw them approach the rail for communion and stormed out of the church yelling "No cup that has touched black lips will ever touch mine." I'm sure Jesus was pleased.

der Brucer

We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

Kerry

« Reply #355 on: January 18, 2009, 06:39:25 PM »

I'm so glad they brought Martian Anderson up and included part of the broadcast. It's a good education for a lot of folk who never heard of her.

I assume you mean Marian and not a Martian

Goddam keyboard.
I'm so glad they brought Martian Anderson up and included part of the broadcast. It's a good education for a lot of folk who never heard of her.

Goddam keyboard.

Right, blame it on the keyboard ;D

I have a defective keyboard too.  And dyslexic fingers1
I like boat races.

DERBRUCER

« Reply #356 on: January 18, 2009, 06:42:17 PM »

I'm so glad they brought Marian Anderson up and included part of the broadcast. It's a good education for a lot of folk who never heard of her.

She must be long in the tooth - she gave a free recital to our high school assembly (her cousin was student).

der Brucer

FJL

« Reply #357 on: January 18, 2009, 06:43:10 PM »

The time you thought at last would come at last has come.  (a Bye Bye Birdie reference)

Here's the FISH!/Jeremy Piven/ZIP! parody video link.  Please watch it and help the youtube numbers.  :)

(Jose's friend Jim's company did the video work.  Thanks Jose for that, and again for your helpful advice the other night before we recorded.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4wFvpx3q6vI

If you can, select the HIGH QUALITY mode on youtube.

Thanks for watching if you have time! (It's about five minutes.)

DERBRUCER

« Reply #358 on: January 18, 2009, 06:45:07 PM »

Goddam keyboard.

Right, blame it on the keyboard ;D

Blame it on the Bossa Nova!

der Brucer

Kerry

« Reply #359 on: January 18, 2009, 06:45:21 PM »

I just heard that Bob May, who played the LOST IN SPACE robot, has passed away.

What would life have been without "Danger, Will Robinson"?!?!?!?!?!!!?
I like boat races.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 15   Go Up