Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 12   Go Down

Author Topic: THE IMPONDERABLES  (Read 25069 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re: THE IMPONDERABLES
« Reply #180 on: January 26, 2009, 02:07:31 PM »

I've written a little over five pages so far.

Cillaliz

« Reply #181 on: January 26, 2009, 02:10:00 PM »

Today's Visitor Log:

Visitors from Arizona:

Proof the Penaut Butter on the tree trunk trick works;

der Brucer

DR Laura.....looks like a sign that the Cardinals will be taking over the country...or perhaps winning a football game

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #182 on: January 26, 2009, 02:11:37 PM »

Keith explained once I download the book on the Kindler I can turn the wireless off :)  He thinks it should be wider.  I sure would like to see & hold one to check it out.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #183 on: January 26, 2009, 02:12:42 PM »

I forgot to mention that I did skim through today's AS THE WORLD TURNS. Nothing and previews also yielded nothing.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #184 on: January 26, 2009, 02:13:29 PM »

I continue catching up™ with THE ADDING MACHINE.  My, my, my, so many numbers in so many songs.  :)
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Matt H.

« Reply #185 on: January 26, 2009, 02:13:44 PM »

I also scanned through the SAG Awards telecast but only got to Meryl Streep's speech which was scatterbrained and endearing. I'll finish that up before I start in on TV tonight, too.

Cillaliz

« Reply #186 on: January 26, 2009, 02:13:48 PM »

Keith explained once I download the book on the Kindler I can turn the wireless off :)  He thinks it should be wider.  I sure would like to see & hold one to check it out.

I know DR DAW has one. He may be able to answer your questions

JMK

« Reply #187 on: January 26, 2009, 02:14:02 PM »

I did manage to file most of my 2008 brokerage and IRA statements without actually looking at them.  ;)

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Matt H.

« Reply #188 on: January 26, 2009, 02:14:20 PM »

Well, I must hop off-line now and get some writing done on FRIDAY THE 13th Part 2. Then I'll get back down to finish the disc's bonuses and get settled for a fun evening of TV.

WBBL.

JMK

« Reply #189 on: January 26, 2009, 02:15:06 PM »

Is Joshua Schmidt kin of Harvey?

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #190 on: January 26, 2009, 02:16:14 PM »

I'm just up from a very nice nap to say that all was well with the test and so I thank you all once again for the patented HHW vibes. It was a piece of cake. (if cake was chicken broth or jello, that is...)
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Cillaliz

« Reply #191 on: January 26, 2009, 02:17:41 PM »

Good news for both Ginny's mom and Edi. 

Cillaliz

« Reply #192 on: January 26, 2009, 02:18:50 PM »

DR Ginny, my dad has skin cancer burned off his head on a fairly regular basis.  He should have had Aretha's hat all these years, but I digress.  It often looks ugly for awhile, but so far his have all healed with no problems

Cillaliz

« Reply #193 on: January 26, 2009, 02:19:18 PM »

Think I'll sign off and start wrapping things up here for the day....

td

• td
« Reply #194 on: January 26, 2009, 02:22:07 PM »

I am a monkey.
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #195 on: January 26, 2009, 02:24:32 PM »

I booked my ticket for Memphis last week....

What a coinkydink!  I'm going to see Memphis tomorrow night. :D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Jane

« Reply #196 on: January 26, 2009, 02:30:46 PM »

Good news for both Ginny's mom and Edi. 

Yes. :)

DR Edi, will you be napping some more?  I always do.  You didn't need any biopsies?  That's great!

George

« Reply #197 on: January 26, 2009, 02:36:47 PM »

DR George, the DVD arrived today. Thanks so much!

Yay!  I hope you enjoy it! :)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Laura

« Reply #198 on: January 26, 2009, 02:44:44 PM »

Thanks, DerBrucer, for the bird and squirrel photos. My favorites.
"That's a lotta hamsters."

DAW

« Reply #199 on: January 26, 2009, 02:45:00 PM »

DR Jane -

I got my Amazon Kindle [electronic book reader] a little over a year ago, and I can truly say that I love it more than any other electronic gadget in my recent memory.  It doesn't need to be any wider.  You soon lose the sense that you're using a gadget; it becomes just like reading a real book.  One note of caution about your post, however: the e-ink technology is great for reading in sunlight or indoors, but it is not backlit, so at night in bed if there are no other lights on in the room, you would still need a booklight.

DAW

« Reply #200 on: January 26, 2009, 02:45:33 PM »

My favorites.

So many possibilities.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #201 on: January 26, 2009, 02:46:16 PM »

Back from the mail place - got a couple of packages and, most importantly, the envelope I've been waiting for.

DAW

« Reply #202 on: January 26, 2009, 02:50:53 PM »

the envelope I've been waiting for.

:)

George

« Reply #203 on: January 26, 2009, 02:51:34 PM »

GEORGE!

Kyle XY tonight (or the mid week re-run).

der Brucer

Thanks!  My DVR is set. ;D

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #204 on: January 26, 2009, 02:56:14 PM »

Anybody watch The Last Templar?

Some really sloppy editing (quick scene jumps, no doubt to save time) and at least one egregious scripting error (We see Heroine, disguised as a Doctor, enter a hospital room, and after her exit, the killer enters and does his deed; when the detective recounts the security videos he says that a man entered first, followed by the disguised Doctor - which would have made the heroine the obvious murderer)....

Ah, but which Doctor?  William Hartnell?  David Troughton?  Tom Baker?  And did he/she have the Sonic Screwdriver?  (That would immediately eliminate Peter Davison thru Sylvester McCoy, and probably Paul McGann, since Davison lost the Screwdriver and it didn't show up again until Christopher Eccleston showed up.)

;)
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #205 on: January 26, 2009, 02:57:50 PM »

Here's a commercial announcement for those of you who live in the Los Angeles area...or are willing to fly in.

::)

I will be signing copies of my book, ONCE UPON A TIME IN HOLLYWOOD: From  the Secret Files of Harry Pennypacker, on this comong Saturday, January 31st, at 1 pm at the Mystery and Imagination Bookstore, 238 N. Brand Blvd., Glendale, CA 91203.

The phone number of the store is 818-545-0206.

So, please drop everything.  Quit your job.  Leave your spouse.  And, just get on a plane and attend this gala event.

Thanks.

;D

I'm tempted.  My grandnephew is turning one and I would love to see him.  The fares are actually decent with the cheapest round trip at around $540.  For that "great" fare I can fly through Portland or Seattle, non stop is more expensive & difficult to get.

I bet there are better deals between L.A. & the East Coast.

NPR did a big story yesterday on fare wars--they're the lowest they've ever been.  Most airlines are now offering $49 fares one way to major cities.

I looked for some of those deals.  They aren't happening from here :( at least I couldn't find them.  Visiting L.A. would be nice & I would like to visit my friend in Philadelphia & as a bonus see Craig.  For a good price I would even go while it is cold.

Try SW.  They're always running deals.  Sandy and I are going to Austin again the first week in march for about $438.00 round trip.

It helps that they fly to Austin.  They do not stop in Medford.

Come on, Jane.  It's only a 2 day drive.

You can dream…or you can do.

George

« Reply #206 on: January 26, 2009, 03:01:48 PM »

Thank you to DRs Elmore, FJL, DAW, Jennifer, Jose, and Jane for vibes for my mom.  She had a skin cancer removed from her face today.  She was a trooper, but was pretty wiped out when I took her home about an hour ago.  Her neighbors were also in the office, the husband having a similar procedure, so they'll probably compare notes in the next few days.

~~~Continued Vibes for DR Ginny's Mother!!~~~

and

~~~Vibes for Her Neighbor's Husband!!~~~

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #207 on: January 26, 2009, 03:02:12 PM »

DR Jane -

I got my Amazon Kindle [electronic book reader] a little over a year ago, and I can truly say that I love it more than any other electronic gadget in my recent memory.  It doesn't need to be any wider.  You soon lose the sense that you're using a gadget; it becomes just like reading a real book.  One note of caution about your post, however: the e-ink technology is great for reading in sunlight or indoors, but it is not backlit, so at night in bed if there are no other lights on in the room, you would still need a booklight.

Once you buy a book for Kindle, can you later trasfer that file to a CD or your computer?
You can dream…or you can do.

George

« Reply #208 on: January 26, 2009, 03:02:13 PM »

DR Jane -

Another issue (if I remember correctly) is that it's text only...if you download a book that has illustrations in the print version, you won't get them in the Kindle version (unless that has changed).

Jane

« Reply #209 on: January 26, 2009, 03:10:07 PM »

Here's a commercial announcement for those of you who live in the Los Angeles area...or are willing to fly in.

I will be signing copies of my book, ONCE UPON A TIME IN HOLLYWOOD: From  the Secret Files of Harry Pennypacker, on this comong Saturday, January 31st, at 1 pm at the Mystery and Imagination Bookstore, 238 N. Brand Blvd., Glendale, CA 91203.

The phone number of the store is 818-545-0206.

So, please drop everything.  Quit your job.  Leave your spouse.  And, just get on a plane and attend this gala event.

Thanks.

;D

I'm tempted.  My grandnephew is turning one and I would love to see him.  The fares are actually decent with the cheapest round trip at around $540.  For that "great" fare I can fly through Portland or Seattle, non stop is more expensive & difficult to get.

I bet there are better deals between L.A. & the East Coast.

NPR did a big story yesterday on fare wars--they're the lowest they've ever been.  Most airlines are now offering $49 fares one way to major cities.

I looked for some of those deals.  They aren't happening from here :( at least I couldn't find them.  Visiting L.A. would be nice & I would like to visit my friend in Philadelphia & as a bonus see Craig.  For a good price I would even go while it is cold.

Try SW.  They're always running deals.  Sandy and I are going to Austin again the first week in march for about $438.00 round trip.

It helps that they fly to Austin.  They do not stop in Medford.

Come on, Jane.  It's only a 2 day drive.

;D  I wish I enjoyed driving.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 12   Go Up