Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10   Go Down

Author Topic: PALAZZO PANTS  (Read 25731 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
PALAZZO PANTS
« on: January 28, 2009, 12:17:34 AM »

Well, you've read the notes, the notes were very distingue, and now it is time for you to post until the distingue cows come home.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re: PALAZZO PANTS
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2009, 12:20:22 AM »

And the word of the day is: AGGLOMERATE!

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2009, 12:29:59 AM »

And now for the Daily Food Scare:

WASHINGTON POST

Study Finds High-Fructose Corn Syrup Contains Mercury

MONDAY, Jan. 26 (HealthDay News) -- Almost half of tested samples of commercial high-fructose corn syrup (HFCS) contained mercury, which was also found in nearly a third of 55 popular brand-name food and beverage products where HFCS is the first- or second-highest labeled ingredient, according to two new U.S. studies.

HFCS has replaced sugar as the sweetener in many beverages and foods such as breads, cereals, breakfast bars, lunch meats, yogurts, soups and condiments. On average, Americans consume about 12 teaspoons per day of HFCS, but teens and other high consumers can take in 80 percent more HFCS than average.

"Mercury is toxic in all its forms. Given how much high-fructose corn syrup is consumed by children, it could be a significant additional source of mercury never before considered. We are calling for immediate changes by industry and the [U.S. Food and Drug Administration] to help stop this avoidable mercury contamination of the food supply," said the Institute for Agriculture and Trade Policy's Dr. David Wallinga, a co-author of both studies.
In the first study, researchers found detectable levels of mercury in nine of 20 samples of commercial HFCS. The study was published in current issue of Environmental Health.

In the second study, the agriculture group found that nearly one in three of 55 brand-name foods contained mercury. The chemical was most common in HFCS-containing dairy products, dressings and condiments.

The use of mercury-contaminated caustic soda in the production of HFCS is common. The contamination occurs when mercury cells are used to produce caustic soda.

"The bad news is that nobody knows whether or not their soda or snack food contains HFCS made from ingredients like caustic soda contaminated with mercury. The good news is that mercury-free HFCS ingredients exist. Food companies just need a good push to only use those ingredients," Wallinga said.

der Brucer

We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

DERBRUCER

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2009, 12:39:28 AM »

A view from Austria:

A boy jumps off the pier at St Kilda beach as a heatwave hits Melbourne on January 27, 2009 in Melbourne, Australia. The temperature today is estimated to hit 100 degrees fahrenheit, with today being the coolest day forecast until next week. Melbourne hasn't had four consecutive days above 104 degrees fahrenheit since 1908. By Scott Barbour/Getty Images.

der Brucer

DERBRUCER

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2009, 12:53:48 AM »

Charlotte, NC - yesterday morning

der Brucer

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2009, 01:03:27 AM »

A view from Austria:

A boy jumps off the pier at St Kilda beach as a heatwave hits Melbourne on January 27, 2009 in Melbourne, Australia....

"A view from Austria," but then it's a picture of Australia?

;)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

DERBRUCER

« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2009, 01:10:48 AM »

A view from Austria:

A boy jumps off the pier at St Kilda beach as a heatwave hits Melbourne on January 27, 2009 in Melbourne, Australia....

"A view from Austria," but then it's a picture of Australia?

;)

A tribute to TCB

der Brucer

George

« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2009, 01:14:39 AM »

O...kay.

Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2009, 01:57:07 AM »

Well, last night I went to see a fairly new show (this is the third regional production) called Memphis, starring Chad Kimball (Milky White in the revival of Into the Woods) as Huey, Montego Glover (who was in The Color Purple on Broadway) as Felicia and Cass Morgan as Huey's Mama...among many others.  The "great subject" of the show (according to the Producing Artistic Director in his notes in the program) is racial prejudice.  It's basically about this white guy (Huey) who loves black music.  He meets and eventually becomes involved with Felicia who is an incredible singer...and black  He tells her that he'll get her on the radio and he does.  He's uneducated, he can't read, he makes big promises and is a big personality, which takes them far (but not without some hurt and heartache along the way).  He talks his way into a job on the radio and becomes a success by playing black music.  He gets his own TV show (with integrated dancers even) and it's a success.  They have the opportunity to do a national TV show in New York and Felicia has a chance at a record contract with Decca, but he is too much of a small town hick to think outside of Memphis and totally blows it all, big time.  He loses the TV show, he loses the girl and by the end of the show (which is fifteen years after he first met the girl), he ends up playing music on a very small radio station while Felicia has become a very big singing star.

And that's pretty much it.  But it has some very good music (and a lot of it) and great singers and dancers.  The  book and lyrics are by Joe DiPietro (All Shook Up and I Love You, You're Perfect, Now Change) and the music and lyrics are by David Bryan ("Grammy award-winning keyboard player, songwriter and founding member of Bon Jovi").  I enjoyed this very much. ;D

Ben

« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2009, 02:40:03 AM »

Geroge, it's 5:35am, what the frell are you doing up???

Go to sleep young man.

FJL

« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2009, 04:20:29 AM »

Spoo, I forgot to read the notes before coming to the new board.  i must remedy that.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2009, 04:26:57 AM »

So anyway............this is what DR EDISAURUS' husband will see today when he gets to Indiana....if.....

.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2009, 04:28:19 AM »

I can't see the bird feeders.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2009, 04:30:24 AM »

Some of my pants are as big as a palazzo.

Michael

« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2009, 04:32:22 AM »

ask bk

have you every compose a Christmas? If not would you consider composing one for Brent Barrett's new album?

So many of our most memorable Christmas songs were written by men of the Jewish faith; so why not you?
Never stop dreaming.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2009, 04:32:35 AM »

I am now officially horrified by the idea of palazzo pants, and it was this website that did it.  I only looked at the page I linked here, I am afraid to look further....you have been warned.

http://palazzodiva.com/Palazzo%20gallery%201.htm

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2009, 05:12:19 AM »

Everyone must be out shoveling snow.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2009, 05:35:25 AM »

I'm not.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #18 on: January 28, 2009, 05:38:24 AM »

DR George - Thanks for the Memphis report. 

*I'd have to consult a cast list for the specifics, but I do know that I know some people in the current production.  Ya' know? ;)

**And I still remember the dance call for the first production of Memphis.  It was quite energetic.  And loud.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #19 on: January 28, 2009, 05:40:18 AM »

OH!

I'm up, I'm up... And yes, it's snowingsleeting in New York City.

It looks like there's about three or four inches of snow in the backyard, but, according to the forecast, most of it will get washed away this afternoon when it changes over to rain.
Make Your Own Luck.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #20 on: January 28, 2009, 05:51:59 AM »

I'm not.

Me neither--the coming rains will melt it all away.
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

ArnoldMBrockman

• so many possibilities
« Reply #21 on: January 28, 2009, 05:53:07 AM »

And the word of the day is: AGGLOMERATE!

And The Song Of The Day Is:  BALLIN' THE JACK

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #22 on: January 28, 2009, 05:53:58 AM »

I am going to lodge an official complaint about these snow/ice storms we've been getting the past few years.  I want some real snow.  Plain old snow.  No ice.  No sleet.  No freezing rain.  Just snow.  Got that?
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #23 on: January 28, 2009, 05:55:17 AM »

Palazzo pants--they went out with...

...were they ever in?
-- Anaïs Nin

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #24 on: January 28, 2009, 06:00:13 AM »

Happy Birthday Jackson Pollock!

Create your own Pollock by clicking here!

(though I prefer creating mine by rolling around naked on a 12' by 24' canvas.
-- Anaïs Nin

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #25 on: January 28, 2009, 06:06:26 AM »

Hmmm...

Has the following site ever been mentioned here on HHW?

TOP DOCUMENTARY FILMS

My name is Vlatko (based in Europe) and I’m the webmaster of this site. It all started back in 2007 when I “fell in love” with documentaries in quest for more knowledge. I then started searching for documentaries and found a whole bunch and decided to put them all on one webpage.

“Top Documentary Films” attempts to provide information on documentaries by quoting reviews from trusted sources and placing links for more info about the documentary films. The site also offers trailers for the documentaries and full watchable documentaries. In case you decide to buy your favorite documentary film, or you want to get some more information there are links to Amazon.com.

He is a bit grey/gray when it comes to copyrights, but since none of the content is directly hosted by him, well... ???

*And the few films that I checked out were all authorized for internet streaming.

**DR edisaurus - "Sacco & Vanzetti" is listed on the site with a link to Amazon to purchase it.  However, "The Internationale" is not. ;)

Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #26 on: January 28, 2009, 06:11:09 AM »

Happy Birthday Jackson Pollock!

Create your own Pollock by clicking here!

That's cool!

*And I just RT'd it.  ;)

Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #27 on: January 28, 2009, 06:11:51 AM »

(though I prefer creating mine by rolling around naked on a 12' by 24' canvas.

That's... That's.... Well... That's, well... well...
Make Your Own Luck.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #28 on: January 28, 2009, 06:17:03 AM »

"Wild One" Singer Bobby Rydell Marries
Bobby Rydell has a new bride. "The Philadelphia Inquirer" notes that the one-time teen idol tied the knot with cardiac sonographer Linda Hoffman in a ceremony in Las Vegas on January 17th. Rydell's drummer and musical director, David Kovnat, served as the best man. Frankie Avalon was among those who attended the wedding, along with a different Linda Hoffman. It turns out that the new Mrs. Rydell has the same name as the woman who started the "Wild One" singer's fan club nearly 50 years ago. Rydell notes that when he learned a friend wanted to set him up with a Linda Hoffman he was hesitant, thinking she was his fan club president. But that Linda Hoffman, who started the Bobby Rydell Fan Club back in 1960, has been married for the past 38 years. This was the second trip down the aisle for Rydell. His first wife, Camille, died in September 2003, just three weeks before their 35th anniversary.

FJL

« Reply #29 on: January 28, 2009, 06:17:25 AM »

Dan the Man - Glad you didn't go to the train station, but thanks for the thought!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10   Go Up