Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11   Go Down

Author Topic: THE PLANETS  (Read 21821 times)

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
Re: THE PLANETS
« Reply #30 on: January 29, 2009, 07:43:10 AM »

On TV Tonight!™

CBS - CSI, ELEVENTH HOUR
ABC - PRIVATE PRACTICE
CW  - SMALLVILLE, SUPERNATURAL
FOX - AMERICAN IDOL, HELL'S KITCHEN (season premiere)
USA - BURN NOTICE
« Last Edit: January 29, 2009, 08:21:35 AM by Matt H. »
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #31 on: January 29, 2009, 07:43:25 AM »

Page Two Dance!!!

Matt H.

« Reply #32 on: January 29, 2009, 07:46:37 AM »

Today I'll be starting on the second season of DAVE'S WORLD for my work assignment. There are 26 episodes, so it'll take a good two days to get through them all. Having never seen the show, I have only a vague notion of what I'm in for. Seems like it might be fun though there are only three actors in the cast that I'm at all familiar with.

Matt H.

« Reply #33 on: January 29, 2009, 07:49:23 AM »

Doing a little research, I noticed that DAVE'S WORLD was CBS' second most popular comedy during the 1994-95 season that this box set represents. (MURPHY BROWN was still CBS' top-rated sitcom.) But NBC and ABC had many more popular comedies at the time: HOME IMPROVEMENT, GRACE UNER FIRE, and ROSEANNE on ABC, FRASIER, FRIENDS, SEINFELD, and MAD ABOUT YOU on NBC.

Matt H.

« Reply #34 on: January 29, 2009, 07:51:49 AM »

Fads.

Well, I guess I went for the wildly patterned double knit polyester/bell bottomed trouser fad of the 1970s (though you couldn't find much else in stores except for jeans and khakis). I never did the platform shoes, though. I stayed in loafers and side-zip boots during those years.

Matt H.

« Reply #35 on: January 29, 2009, 07:52:57 AM »

I just read that due to the digital switchover, February sweeps this year are going to take place instead in March, so expect a fair number of reruns in February this year and lots of new episodes in March instead of the other way around.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #36 on: January 29, 2009, 07:55:06 AM »

Would love to get the BRAVO HD around here.  We have several on Comcast, but not that!  I do have Universal HD.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Ginny

« Reply #37 on: January 29, 2009, 07:58:55 AM »

TOD - As a young administrator, I totally bought into the John Molloy women's "dress for success" fad.  I had a wardrobe of skirted suits, button-down shirts, and little bow ties that all went out the window when I had to replace them with maternity clothes.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #38 on: January 29, 2009, 07:59:41 AM »

We need photos, DR GINNY!

Jennifer

« Reply #39 on: January 29, 2009, 08:04:47 AM »

On TV Tonight!™

CBS - CSI, ELEVENTH HOUR
USA - BURN NOTICE

I don't think you watch this but PRIVATE PRACTICE is new as well.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #40 on: January 29, 2009, 08:07:38 AM »

Hello, everyone! Greetings from Florida!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #41 on: January 29, 2009, 08:08:03 AM »

The Sunshine State!

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #42 on: January 29, 2009, 08:09:18 AM »

What? DR Ginny throws her old clothes out the window? Ginny, aren't there any charities in your area? Or maybe she was throwing them out the LIBRARY window directly to those in need. :)

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #43 on: January 29, 2009, 08:09:52 AM »

It's raining at the moment.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #44 on: January 29, 2009, 08:13:13 AM »

Good Morning!

I'm up, I'm up... And it's sunny in NYC!  -And there's still some snow on the ground in our backyard. Very pretty.
Make Your Own Luck.

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #45 on: January 29, 2009, 08:14:37 AM »

Re:  Last night's LOST.  (No spoiler needed).  I thought it was an OK episode with one major "reveal" which was, indeed, very cool, but the rest of it kind of left me cold.

Also, re:  LOST.  Not sure if we've discussed this before, but one of the things I find completely illogical is why the island's temporal displacement would cause it to disappear.  Just because it's changing times doesn't mean it's changing space.  Or have I misunderstood something?
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #46 on: January 29, 2009, 08:15:38 AM »

The continuing saga:

Last Thursday two very fast women packed up most of my stuff and on Friday a crew of very strong men put it all into two massive trucks to go into storage for God knows how long. On Saturday and Sunday Matt helped me do a major cleaning. I grossly underestimated how long it would take to empty the remaining cabinets of the stuff that doesn't go into storage. I was mopping the kitchen floor last Sunday night. I am NOT a last-minute person and thought I'd have some leisure over the weekend. Ha! But I managed to pack my car to the brim, believe me, plus Matt took a number of boxes to UPS to send directly to California.

JMK

« Reply #47 on: January 29, 2009, 08:16:20 AM »

Today I'll be starting on the second season of DAVE'S WORLD for my work assignment. There are 26 episodes, so it'll take a good two days to get through them all. Having never seen the show, I have only a vague notion of what I'm in for. Seems like it might be fun though there are only three actors in the cast that I'm at all familiar with.

I did Season One of this show several months ago and quite enjoyed it.  Just so's you don't get hate mail, Season One at least had replaced the original music (Billy Joel did the theme on the original broadcast version).

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

JMK

« Reply #48 on: January 29, 2009, 08:17:24 AM »

L&O last night was fun for us as it involved green power subsidies and carbon offsets, the industry in which DS Betsy is (quite) gainfully employed.  :)

Ginny

« Reply #49 on: January 29, 2009, 08:19:06 AM »

What? DR Ginny throws her old clothes out the window? Ginny, aren't there any charities in your area? Or maybe she was throwing them out the LIBRARY window directly to those in need. :)

LOL, DR Jeanne!  "Out the window" was purely a figure of speech, as some of those suits are still in a closet upstairs.  I should pack them up and give them to Clothes that Work, a Dayton nonprofit that gives workplace appropriate apparel to those in need.

Are you getting some well-deserved R & R in Florida?
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Matt H.

« Reply #50 on: January 29, 2009, 08:22:35 AM »

On TV Tonight!™

CBS - CSI, ELEVENTH HOUR
USA - BURN NOTICE

I don't think you watch this but PRIVATE PRACTICE is new as well.

Argh! You're right. I totally overlooked it. I've modified the above listing.

But I list MANY shows I don't watch myself.

Matt H.

« Reply #51 on: January 29, 2009, 08:23:21 AM »

Heading downstairs to get cleaned up now for lunch out with friends.

WBBL.

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #52 on: January 29, 2009, 08:23:24 AM »

That makes the only other cable channel that I watch regularly - FX - will be the only one without an HD component in my cable listings. Hopefully, that, too, will only be a matter of time.

I guess lower, slower Delaware isn't as back-woods as I thought; our HD channels include:

ABC
CBS
NBC
FOX
AMC
PBS
FX
FNC
A&E
NAT'S GEO
DISC
H&G
FOOD
TBS
CNN
USA
SCI-FI
HIST
TLC
ANIMAL PLANET
FAM
TNT
UNIVERSAL
ESPN
NFL
GOLF
DISNEY

The only ones we watch which are missing are:
Bravo
BBC America
Hallmark

der Brucer
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #53 on: January 29, 2009, 08:25:32 AM »

The Auto Train was an interesting experience. I've taken Amtrak many times, but had never taken the Auto Train. I met a very feisty octogenarian and had fun chatting with him.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #54 on: January 29, 2009, 08:26:23 AM »

As for "Top Chef"...

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Aliquam erat. Praesent ullamcorper. Phasellus in leo nec sapien condimentum pellentesque. Aliquam nunc turpis, sodales vel, interdum id, mollis at, ante. Morbi malesuada odio eget lectus. Sed eget erat.

Donec eleifend lacus ut lacus. Sed quis leo. DR Jennifer - I knew that both Andrew and Spike would be on last night.  They've been featured in the commercials for the past week, and Spike mentioned it too at the end of last week's Twitter session.  The surprise this week: Carla had stopped by Spike's place, Good Stuff Eatery, to watch the show with Spike and company.  (Andrew was also Twittering last night, but from his place in NYC.)  Well, after it was revealed that Carla had won the Quick Fire Challenge, that's when she surprised her husband with the Super Bowl tickets!  I guess I know where they are going this weekend.  -And I guess that also shows just what kind of secrecy clause the contestants have to sign.  As for the eliminations, well... I've never really liked Jeff, and I could tell from early on that his fussiness would be his downfall.  Simplify, simplify, simplify. He also just never seemed like a true fighter to me.  But that could be just me.

As for last night's bottom three, just remember, each contestant should always be on their "A Game".  They all cooked bad dishes, and thus ended up in the bottom three.  -And it's nice to see that the judges are really trying to stick to "only judging them on this challenge".  But a part of me also thinks that Fabio was kept on for his entertainment value.  Although, since he was so heavily featured this week, he will most likely be going home next week. Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Aliquam erat. Praesent ullamcorper. Phasellus in leo nec sapien condimentum pellentesque. Aliquam nunc turpis, sodales vel, interdum id, mollis at, ante.

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Aliquam erat. Praesent ullamcorper. Phasellus in leo nec sapien condimentum pellentesque. Aliquam nunc turpis, sodales vel, interdum id, mollis at, ante. Morbi malesuada odio eget lectus. Sed eget erat. Donec eleifend lacus ut lacus. Sed quis leo.

« Last Edit: January 29, 2009, 08:28:22 AM by JoseSPiano »
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #55 on: January 29, 2009, 08:28:01 AM »

The Auto Train was an interesting experience. I've taken Amtrak many times, but had never taken the Auto Train. I met a very feisty octogenarian and had fun chatting with him.

Good Morning, Jeanne!  So, I guess that means you're in Florida?

*I''ve taken the Auto Train before too, and loved it. Very civilized, and I liked making new "friends" at the dining tables during the meal service.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #56 on: January 29, 2009, 08:31:02 AM »

Re:  Last night's LOST.  (No spoiler needed).  I thought it was an OK episode with one major "reveal" which was, indeed, very cool, but the rest of it kind of left me cold.

Also, re:  LOST.  Not sure if we've discussed this before, but one of the things I find completely illogical is why the island's temporal displacement would cause it to disappear.  Just because it's changing times doesn't mean it's changing space.  Or have I misunderstood something?

POSSIBLE SPOILER AHEAD

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Aliquam erat. Praesent ullamcorper. Phasellus in leo nec sapien condimentum pellentesque. Aliquam nunc turpis, sodales vel, interdum id, mollis at, ante. Morbi malesuada odio eget lectus. Sed eget erat. Donec eleifend lacus ut lacus. Sed quis leo.

Consectetur adipiscing elit. Aliquam erat. Praesent ullamcorper. Phasellus in leo nec sapien condimentum pellentesque. Aliquam nunc turpis, sodales vel, interdum id, mollis at, ante. Morbi malesuada odio eget lectus. Sed eget erat. Donec eleifend lacus ut lacus. DR JMK - Well, remember that bomb that was "introduced" last night? Suppose that "when" the flight originally crashed, well.. Just keep thinking. Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Aliquam erat. Praesent ullamcorper. Phasellus in leo nec sapien condimentum pellentesque. Aliquam nunc turpis, sodales vel, interdum id, mollis at, ante. Morbi malesuada odio eget lectus. Sed eget erat. Donec eleifend lacus ut lacus. Sed quis leo.

Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #57 on: January 29, 2009, 08:32:25 AM »

Hello, everyone! Greetings from Florida!

I guess you are then! :)

Are you going to Disneyworld?  :)
Make Your Own Luck.

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #58 on: January 29, 2009, 08:33:18 AM »

Fads.

Well, I guess I went for the wildly patterned double knit polyester/bell bottomed trouser fad of the 1970s (though you couldn't find much else in stores except for jeans and khakis). I never did the platform shoes, though. I stayed in loafers and side-zip boots during those years.

Me, too. Also add lots of jewelry and professional hair styling.

No body piercings, no tattoos.

I still wear side-zip boots.

der Brucer
« Last Edit: January 29, 2009, 08:36:10 AM by DERBRUCER »
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #59 on: January 29, 2009, 08:34:20 AM »

Fads?

I don't think I was ever a "fad" person.

Did I miss something wonderful?

:-\

You can dream…or you can do.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11   Go Up