Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 19   Go Down

Author Topic: CONDIMENTS  (Read 33292 times)

DAW

Re: CONDIMENTS
« Reply #30 on: February 12, 2009, 05:55:19 AM »

Thanks for that report, Ben

DITTO!   :)

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #31 on: February 12, 2009, 05:55:49 AM »

TOD:

I don't really have any recipes of my own, but I will tell of the time I first made my somewhat popular Christmas Garlic Dip.

The recipe I decided to make it from called for two packages of Philadelphia Cream Cheese and four cloves of garlic.  So when I went food shopping, I bought two packages of Philadelphia Cream Cheese and four cloves of garlic.  And when I prepared it, I peeled and mashed all four cloves of garlic and added it all to the cream cheese.

I thought that the dip turned out to be a trifle strong and judging by the bug-eye and teary reactions of my guests who tasted it, they thought so too.  It wasn't until later, when someone explained to me the difference between a clove and a bulb, did I realize where I went wrong.

I now make one batch of the dip with just four cloves of garlic but I also make another using one whole bulb--some people actually like it that way.
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

ArnoldMBrockman

• so many possibilities
« Reply #32 on: February 12, 2009, 05:57:25 AM »

And the word of the day is: SLUMGULLION!

And The Song Of The Day Is: ROCK AND ROLL STEW

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #33 on: February 12, 2009, 06:01:26 AM »

Thanks for the report, DR Ben.

Hmmm...while this play doesn't exactly tickle my fancy, I think it would be fascinating to see Ms. Fonda on stage.
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

DAW

« Reply #34 on: February 12, 2009, 06:01:57 AM »

It wasn't until later, when someone explained to me the difference between a clove and a bulb, did I realize where I went wrong.

:o     :o

:D

DAW

« Reply #35 on: February 12, 2009, 06:02:37 AM »

What we need is a lime rickey.

DAW

« Reply #36 on: February 12, 2009, 06:03:27 AM »

I'm fond of Fonda.

And I'm fond of fondant.

But is Fonda fond of fondant?  Or fondue?
« Last Edit: February 12, 2009, 06:09:08 AM by DAW »

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #37 on: February 12, 2009, 06:05:47 AM »

Where do you keep them, Lucy?
-- Anaïs Nin

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #38 on: February 12, 2009, 06:12:04 AM »

And as we sang in church at Christmas:

I Fonda as I found her out under the sky...
-- Anaïs Nin

macchus

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #39 on: February 12, 2009, 06:15:22 AM »

From Mark Rothman

For the record,  I was not lurking on the website yesterday when it was implied that I was.

If I was, I would have responded immediately.

I checked yesterday's posts early this morning, to see if there was any comments about it.  That's when I posted.
I reiterate:  I never asked Bruce to link my URL.
This is what I wrote to him, in part:
"I should alert you that in the first post, at the bottom of the page, I essentially trash you pretty good, although not by name. (I would NEVER do that, and this is not why I started the blog).  If you can get past that, and still think of me as a friend, I think you will enjoy it very much, and maybe even spread the word about it.. "
I never really thought he'd get past it.
I concluded with:
"If you can keep your sense of humor, and a sense of magnanimity, we should remain friends, and you can take what I wrote as constructive criticism.
If you don't think the shoe fits, then don't wear it.  Maybe nobody else will think so either.  Then maybe I didn't trash you."

JoseSPiano, I didn't send you a message because you expressed dissatisfaction with the way the Initials game was going towards the end.  I didn't think you'd want to play.
See, that's all it was about in the first place.
For those who'd like to reach me about that, or anything else, my email is macchus999@aol.com

Bruce, if after all this, you still think I'm out of line, then maybe you shouldn't like me.

Jennifer

« Reply #40 on: February 12, 2009, 06:18:28 AM »

DR Jose re: AMERICAN IDOL

Actually after i posted my other response i realized you were maybe referring one of my not favorite gals getting in!  Oy what were they thinking!

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #41 on: February 12, 2009, 06:18:36 AM »

Good Morning!

I'm up, I'm up.... And well...
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #42 on: February 12, 2009, 06:20:25 AM »

I have just finished my bowl of oatmeal, and I'm sipping a cup of green tea.  And I've started a load of laundry - whites, if you must, care to know.

*And all before 10:00AM!?!?!?  Waddup widdat?

::)
Make Your Own Luck.

Laura

« Reply #43 on: February 12, 2009, 06:22:04 AM »

The recent winter storms that didn't give me a headache left snow not too far north of the Phoenix area. It is visible from the Valley (which is what we call the Phoenix area). So before it melts, my DH and I are thinking about driving north a bit for a hike so we can see some.
"That's a lotta hamsters."

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #44 on: February 12, 2009, 06:22:19 AM »

DR Jose re: AMERICAN IDOL

Actually after i posted my other response i realized you were maybe referring one of my not favorite gals getting in!  Oy what were they thinking!

DR Jennifer - I was mainly referring to the fact that they weren't showing as much singing as (I thought) you had hoped.

-I actually didn't even bother watching the second hour, since I switched over to "Lost".
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #45 on: February 12, 2009, 06:22:59 AM »

The recent winter storms that didn't give me a headache left snow not too far north of the Phoenix area. It is visible from the Valley (which is what we call the Phoenix area). So before it melts, my DH and I are thinking about driving north a bit for a hike so we can see some.

Don't forget your camera!!!!
Make Your Own Luck.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #46 on: February 12, 2009, 06:24:09 AM »

Good morning, all! I did sleep late, till 8:30, and I'm cautiously puttering about the apartment. I've got to do a lot of BABES edits and get further into the SPRING IS HERE score today.

I just had a call from Susanna Moross Tarjan, one of my favorite ladies, who's going through hell with the printing company that just returned to her too many badly printed vocal scores for THE GOLDEN APPLE. I'm getting her dad's BALLET BALLADS to begin proofing, another copyist is sending me the Suite from the film THE CARDINAL to proof,so I suspect March will be a big Moross and Loesser month for me.

One or these days - I don't have the time today - on a recipe day, i will drag out my favorite fruitcake recipe which is quite spectacular and wonderful, leaving all commercial fruitcakes by the side of the road.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Laura

« Reply #47 on: February 12, 2009, 06:24:12 AM »

It's not the camera I'm likely to forget -- it is the battery that is currently in the recharger.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #48 on: February 12, 2009, 06:25:18 AM »

I'd settle for a margarita!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Laura

« Reply #49 on: February 12, 2009, 06:25:40 AM »

BK, some day you should ask for bad recipes. I have some of those.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #50 on: February 12, 2009, 06:27:34 AM »

I have just finished my bowl of oatmeal, and I'm sipping a cup of green tea.  And I've started a load of laundry - whites, if you must, care to know.

Bleach with those whites?
-- Anaïs Nin

DAW

« Reply #51 on: February 12, 2009, 06:28:10 AM »

I've got to do a lot of BABES

Please don't bring your camera.            ;)

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #52 on: February 12, 2009, 06:31:25 AM »

DR Laura, I don't know if you've heard or not, but Antiques Roadshow is coming to Phoenix.  It's also coming to Atlantic City.  I've put in for tickets.
-- Anaïs Nin

Ginny

« Reply #53 on: February 12, 2009, 06:32:25 AM »

Thursday morning greetings!  I'm going to the hospital soon - to tour their conference facilities with a grantwriter associate.  We're planning a conference to be held there in September and wanted to get the "lay of the land" before proceeding.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #54 on: February 12, 2009, 06:33:29 AM »

DR Ben - Thanks for the theatre report.

I'm interested in seeing 33 Variations mainly because I was almost a part of one of the first readings of the show down in DC.  Arena Stage and Georgetown University had a one-week workshop about three years ago.  Arena Stage subsequently produced a full-fledged mainstage production a year later as part of their season.  -I believe it was also further workshopped at Sundance.  In any case...

Since the play does feature the music of Beethoven, "The Diabelli Variations" - which are the "33" of the title -  they needed a pianist for the workshop.  I was put on stand-by to play for the workshop due to a scheduling conflict with the originally contracted pianist.  It was an interesting script then, and I'm sure it's still an interesting script now.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #55 on: February 12, 2009, 06:34:11 AM »

But, of course.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #56 on: February 12, 2009, 06:35:17 AM »

I'm fond of Fonda.

And I'm fond of fondant.

But is Fonda fond of fondant?  Or fondue?

Fondly, of course.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #57 on: February 12, 2009, 06:40:47 AM »

But, of course.

And now they're in the dryer.  Hmm... Warm socks. :)
Make Your Own Luck.

Laura

« Reply #58 on: February 12, 2009, 06:41:21 AM »

Thursday morning greetings!  I'm going to the hospital soon - to tour their conference facilities with a grantwriter associate.  We're planning a conference to be held there in September and wanted to get the "lay of the land" before proceeding.

Your retirement didn't last long. ;)

Laura

« Reply #59 on: February 12, 2009, 06:42:10 AM »

DR Laura, I don't know if you've heard or not, but Antiques Roadshow is coming to Phoenix.  It's also coming to Atlantic City.  I've put in for tickets.

I did that once. They didn't have tickets at that time, though. I stood in line (literally) for eight hours.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 19   Go Up