Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10   Go Down

Author Topic: A RHYMING FOOL  (Read 26952 times)

Jennifer

Re: A RHYMING FOOL
« Reply #60 on: February 25, 2009, 08:28:20 AM »

I was trying to check bravotv.com or tvguide.com to see if top chef was going over tonight. For some reason neither of these sites will load for me.

But I do see there is a reunion show scheduled for next week.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #61 on: February 25, 2009, 08:28:25 AM »

Because he didn't read the invoice to see the gift message.

;D
Make Your Own Luck.

Jennifer

« Reply #62 on: February 25, 2009, 08:28:46 AM »

Great news DR Vixmom!

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #63 on: February 25, 2009, 08:32:55 AM »

DR DAW - "Wow!" and "Whew!"
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #64 on: February 25, 2009, 08:36:55 AM »

DR Jennifer - Tonight's Finale (Part 2) of "Top Chef: New York" (which is being held in New Orleans) is only supposed to run an hour - 10:00pm-11:00pm - tonight.

*And I might be heading up to DC this afternoon to watch the show tonight with Spike and company at "Good Stuff Eatery".
Make Your Own Luck.

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #65 on: February 25, 2009, 08:39:53 AM »

BK, Jose, JMK, Matthew and anyone else who might be able to help:  My brother and his fiancee decided they want the Vixter to sing at tehir wedding.  The song they have chosen is One Hand, One Heart  from West Side Story.  I pointed out that this was a duet, but they want her to sing it as a solo

Have you ever seen an arrangment of One Hand One Heart to be sung as a solo? Where could I even start looking for such a thing? 
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

vixmom

« Reply #66 on: February 25, 2009, 08:41:02 AM »

JOB VIBES FOR DR MBARNUM, DR GEORGE AND DR KERRY

vixmom

« Reply #67 on: February 25, 2009, 08:42:00 AM »

BURN HEALING VIBES FOR JENNIFER

vixmom

« Reply #68 on: February 25, 2009, 08:43:00 AM »

DR DAW - I am glad to hear you are still employed, my goodness what a loss of jobs around you!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #69 on: February 25, 2009, 08:45:06 AM »

Good news from DR VIXMOM and greetings from my MAC computer - which I am using today.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #70 on: February 25, 2009, 08:45:56 AM »

I saw REVOLUTIONARY ROAD and thought it was very dark, but I did enjoy the performances.  Then i saw THE READER which made REVOLUTIONARY ROAD look like ENCHANTED.....

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #71 on: February 25, 2009, 08:46:51 AM »

DR JOSE, pushing down on my mouse and moving it around does make it scroll...thanks!

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #72 on: February 25, 2009, 08:47:13 AM »

To BK, re how a title can be shipped that has nothing to do with the title ordered:

Many times, the titles have nothing to do with how the orders are filled.  Instead, an order number is used by the warehouse. 

If a couple of numbers get transposed, it is easy for someone working in the warehouse to fill an order with the wrong item.  Easy peasey.

Of course, it would help if the warehousemen were to cross-check the number with the title being ordered.  And easy peasey.  But that would require someone at the warehouse level taking the time to care about what they are doing.  Sorry, I don't work at every store, nor at every warehouse.  This wouldn't have happened on my shift.

I hope you get the title you originally ordered, without too much fuss.  At least you're getting a freebie, which is a good thing... I hope.

...Or there could have been a error in the catalog or internet listing, thus causing the "wrong/right" item to pulled.  Easey peasey. ;)

*It's been a couple of years, but I still remember checking in an incoming order from Hal Leonard at the music store.  For some reason, we received a number of copies of a rather obscure piece of music. It turned out that there was an error in the new catalog: one catalog number ended up getting assigned to three different items.  Spoo! Thankfully, our sales rep - who worked next to the warehouse - was able to personally verify the "error" by heading into the warehouse himself and checking the shelf stock.  Easey peasey.
Make Your Own Luck.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #73 on: February 25, 2009, 08:52:01 AM »

I am now going to try some work with my camera and iPhoto.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #74 on: February 25, 2009, 08:53:01 AM »

DR JOSE, pushing down on my mouse and moving it around does make it scroll...thanks!

You're welcome, DR JRand!  There should be some sort of "cheat sheet" under the Help -> Mouse, or in the System Preferences.
Make Your Own Luck.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #75 on: February 25, 2009, 09:01:07 AM »

I am alsso please to announce that when I saw my radiologist this morning he said I was making very good progress.  My voice is starting to come back a little and he is sending me to a speech and swallowing therapist to teach me how to eat and talk again.

Hooray for the good news!  Are you allowed to hum to yourself?  I remember reading somewhere that humming was very good therapy for people with throat problems.

And THE SWALLOWING THERAPIST must be the title of your next short story.
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #76 on: February 25, 2009, 09:01:10 AM »

BK, Jose, JMK, Matthew and anyone else who might be able to help:  My brother and his fiancee decided they want the Vixter to sing at tehir wedding.  The song they have chosen is One Hand, One Heart  from West Side Story.  I pointed out that this was a duet, but they want her to sing it as a solo

Have you ever seen an arrangment of One Hand One Heart to be sung as a solo? Where could I even start looking for such a thing? 

I believe there is a solo version out there - and I've heard it sung as a solo before.

Otherwise, just buy the vocal selections - although, "One Hand, One Heart" is also published as a "single sheet" too.  If you don't have a local music store, just look on Amazon.com, SheetMusicPlus.com or SheetMusicDirect.com.  -You can download and transpose the music from SheetMusicDirect.com.

If you are able to browse at a local music store, you might want to check out some Wedding Music Collections too.
Make Your Own Luck.

vixmom

« Reply #77 on: February 25, 2009, 09:04:22 AM »

I believe there is a solo version out there - and I've heard it sung as a solo before.

Otherwise, just buy the vocal selections - although, "One Hand, One Heart" is also published as a "single sheet" too.  If you don't have a local music store, just look on Amazon.com, SheetMusicPlus.com or SheetMusicDirect.com.  -You can download and transpose the music from SheetMusicDirect.com.

If you are able to browse at a local music store, you might want to check out some Wedding Music Collections too.

Thank you !!  My brother and future SIL will be pleased!

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #78 on: February 25, 2009, 09:05:04 AM »

DR MattH, i am 99% sure that AMERICA'S NEXT TOP MODEL is not debuting this week. I think they delayed it one week.

Also LOST is going over by 6 minutes to 10:06pm! (listed in my tv and tv guide).

Weird!  I just double-checked this with Tivo.  What are those six minutes for?

I hope it's not for one of those LOST UNTANGLED clips...
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #79 on: February 25, 2009, 09:10:37 AM »

And I am off to the Office of Post and then to the Shoppe of Comics.
-- Anaïs Nin

vixmom

« Reply #80 on: February 25, 2009, 09:11:49 AM »

I am alsso please to announce that when I saw my radiologist this morning he said I was making very good progress.  My voice is starting to come back a little and he is sending me to a speech and swallowing therapist to teach me how to eat and talk again.

Hooray for the good news!  Are you allowed to hum to yourself?  I remember reading somewhere that humming was very good therapy for people with throat problems.

I don't know yet but I have just been scheduled to meet with the therapist this Friday morning so I will find out.

I have suddenly had a great interest in cooking again - (I'm not doing any but I am thinking about it a lot) maybe making those lunches for Vixdad and the Vixter has rekindled my thoughts of food.

I did try some chicken noodle soup two days ago (I just made a Lipton Cup-a-Soup)

I am please to announce it did indeed taste like chicken soup but I was only able to manage about 3 or 4 tablespoons.  It was too much hard work swallowing.

I also tried oatmeal, I only managed two spoonfuls there.  My gingerale is tasting like gingerale again.  I tried a sip of tea the other day but it tasted "wrong" - I probably should be staying away from caffinated pproducts anyway.

I suppose I will stop experimenting now until I meet teh therapist on Friday and see what she says.  Better off being careful and not doing myself any harm 

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #81 on: February 25, 2009, 09:12:50 AM »

Excellent news!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

vixmom

« Reply #82 on: February 25, 2009, 09:13:41 AM »

And I am off to the Office of Post and then to the Shoppe of Comics.

Which reminds me - no package yet Dan.  I hope I gave you the right address!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #83 on: February 25, 2009, 09:15:15 AM »

I no longer have the published WEST SiDE STORY vocal selections, but I believe it's published there as a solo. Check with a musc shop in your area. It's surely published as a solo sheet as well.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #84 on: February 25, 2009, 09:21:07 AM »

Jeremy Piven has to face the Actor's Equity grievance committee about his departure from SPEED THE PLOW tomorrow, I think I just heard on the news. I wonder if anyone will mention FJL?

FJL

« Reply #85 on: February 25, 2009, 09:24:42 AM »

Ooh, any way of making that happen?  :)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #86 on: February 25, 2009, 09:27:21 AM »

As elmore said earlier, The Cat And The Canary DVD turns out to have been a gift from him - thanks elmore!  I didn't look at the invoice - I rarely do - because I'd ordered Ran and it's due exactly now I just made the assumption it was wrong.  Too late to alert amazon.uk as they shipped the replacement this morning - so, I'll have two Rans, or an also Ran.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #87 on: February 25, 2009, 09:27:35 AM »

Oh, and I'm up.  Disturbing dreams.

Cillaliz

« Reply #88 on: February 25, 2009, 09:27:41 AM »

I don't know yet but I have just been scheduled to meet with the therapist this Friday morning so I will find out.

I have suddenly had a great interest in cooking again - (I'm not doing any but I am thinking about it a lot) maybe making those lunches for Vixdad and the Vixter has rekindled my thoughts of food.

I did try some chicken noodle soup two days ago (I just made a Lipton Cup-a-Soup)

I am please to announce it did indeed taste like chicken soup but I was only able to manage about 3 or 4 tablespoons.  It was too much hard work swallowing.

I also tried oatmeal, I only managed two spoonfuls there.  My gingerale is tasting like gingerale again.  I tried a sip of tea the other day but it tasted "wrong" - I probably should be staying away from caffinated pproducts anyway.

I suppose I will stop experimenting now until I meet teh therapist on Friday and see what she says.  Better off being careful and not doing myself any harm 

WOO HOO!! This is all great news

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #89 on: February 25, 2009, 09:27:48 AM »

I'll do the long jog in about thirty minutes.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10   Go Up