Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10   Go Down

Author Topic: THE KINDNESS OF STRANGERS  (Read 55884 times)

Michael

Re: THE KINDNESS OF STRANGERS
« Reply #210 on: March 10, 2009, 05:30:35 PM »

Just got the okay to include the tracks.  Yay.

And put it in show order??
Never stop dreaming.

Michael

« Reply #211 on: March 10, 2009, 05:32:02 PM »

PAGE 8 Illya My, Darling Dance

Never stop dreaming.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #212 on: March 10, 2009, 05:32:11 PM »

Yeah Vixmom!!
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #213 on: March 10, 2009, 05:33:37 PM »

Glad your day in court went well DR Cilla.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #214 on: March 10, 2009, 05:38:10 PM »

I watched CASTLE while I ate lunch. I was a bit turned off by the overdone character set-ups for Castle showing him to be the overage frat boy whose daughter is more mature than he is. I caught on very quickly and didn't need such an over elaborate build-up. Once the case got going, it was a fun crime investigation. I don't think Castle is quite as interesting a character as Jane on THE MENTALIST (the tones of the shows are very similar), but overall I enjoyed the episode and will continue watching.

Mr. Fillion could sit in a chair doing nothing for an hour, and I would still watch him on TV.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #215 on: March 10, 2009, 05:39:26 PM »

TOD:

I guess my stories of stranger kindness are many an varied but some of the ones that have been most wonderful have been from teh many international students There have been several that have become friends and have allowed me to ask questions and some of them quite stupid perhaps from their perspective but not to me. They gave me the opportunity to learn about their culture and perhaps come to some understanding. Through these freindships, I have learned a lot about India, Sri Lanka and the Middle East.  Several of the students I have crossed paths with have become very dear freinds.

Another stranger encounter was a one time response I recieved on a query I posted on a genealogy board concerning German research. Amazingly one day about three years after I posted a request, I received an email filed with information from a book a person had of two lines that were dead ends. The information opened up a lot of new opportunities for research and learning.

one that I value the most is several years ago when I was having some serious financial issues a co-worker gave me money to help me out. I offerend to pay it back when I got on my feet but she refused to take any money from me. It is a gift I truly appreciate.
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

Jane

« Reply #216 on: March 10, 2009, 05:41:09 PM »

From Cilla:
She can work with an Employment Authorization Card while waiting for a green card. That will likely take longer than 2 months. First you get the EAD then later the green card - which isn't really green

The card isn’t really green  :o ;D 

Craig mentioned something about a temporary "card" so she work, and return if she leaves the country.  Is this what you are referring to?

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #217 on: March 10, 2009, 05:42:02 PM »

Yes, we're putting it in show order, with the overture at the beginning, followed by Po, Po, Po, and Bouzouki Nights reverting back to its real title and placed where it belongs.

DAW

« Reply #218 on: March 10, 2009, 05:43:48 PM »

Good for you, bk.  I would buy House of Flowers.  But then, I would buy most anything.   :)

DAW

« Reply #219 on: March 10, 2009, 05:44:07 PM »

Good court news from DR Cillaliz.

DAW

« Reply #220 on: March 10, 2009, 05:45:10 PM »

I have returned my rental car.  I now have my own car back.

It LOOKS good, but I am leery.

And the back speakers seem to "pop" every now and then.  Which they certainly weren't doing before the accident.

Cillaliz

« Reply #221 on: March 10, 2009, 05:51:22 PM »

From Cilla:
She can work with an Employment Authorization Card while waiting for a green card. That will likely take longer than 2 months. First you get the EAD then later the green card - which isn't really green

The card isn’t really green  :o ;D 

Craig mentioned something about a temporary "card" so she work, and return if she leaves the country.  Is this what you are referring to?

Probably.  You can apply for a travel document and for an employment authorization while the application itself is pending

Cillaliz

« Reply #222 on: March 10, 2009, 05:52:51 PM »

Thanks for the good wishes about my day. 

Thanks Dakota for your thoughts for my BIL and sister's family

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #223 on: March 10, 2009, 05:57:40 PM »

DR DAW - Good to hear that you have your car back.  I hope. ;)

*Did the shop give you a detailed list of all the work they did on the car?  I suspect they probably did not pay any sort of detailed attention to the audio system.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #224 on: March 10, 2009, 06:01:20 PM »

I'm suddenly have the sneaking suspicion that I won't be getting much sleep tonight.  I just started taking care of all the "little things" here at the apartment, and, of course, as soon as I look for something or take care of something, I happen to notice something else that I'd like to get in order before I leave.  We shall see...
Make Your Own Luck.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #225 on: March 10, 2009, 06:03:49 PM »

I've settled in to watch Alan Bates in a BBC adaptation of Dickens' HARD TIMES.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #226 on: March 10, 2009, 06:04:33 PM »

And as for tonight's "American Idol" - which is just finishing up its first half...

:)

*Of course, now I've just jinxed the remaining singers. ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #227 on: March 10, 2009, 06:06:46 PM »

I shall now finish the movie I was watching on DVD.  I've already addressed about twenty packages and stuck labels on about thirty more, just to have that done.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #228 on: March 10, 2009, 06:11:47 PM »

Cast recordings I'd like to see released:

THREEPENNY OPERA --76 NYSF revival.  I have a copy on CD (thanks to DR Elmore),but a professionally released copy with notes, photos and album art would be wonderful.

SHOWGIRL--fun Carol Channing tunes and skits

THE FLIP SIDE

MY SQUARE LADDIE

THREEPENNY OPERA would probably be the only one that would sell.

I would buy THE FLIP SIDE.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #229 on: March 10, 2009, 06:15:46 PM »

I watched CASTLE while I ate lunch. I was a bit turned off by the overdone character set-ups for Castle showing him to be the overage frat boy whose daughter is more mature than he is. I caught on very quickly and didn't need such an over elaborate build-up. Once the case got going, it was a fun crime investigation. I don't think Castle is quite as interesting a character as Jane on THE MENTALIST (the tones of the shows are very similar), but overall I enjoyed the episode and will continue watching.

Mr. Fillion could sit in a chair doing nothing for an hour, and I would still watch him on TV.

Preferably in his underwear............. or not!
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #230 on: March 10, 2009, 06:28:48 PM »

I swear life is never as easy as you think it will be.  I finally hang up my acting boots, and suddenly I get an offer to do a show at one of Seattle's better theater companies.
“One thing’s universal,

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #231 on: March 10, 2009, 06:32:18 PM »

I can think of a few actors I would like to meet

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #232 on: March 10, 2009, 06:37:20 PM »

I swear life is never as easy as you think it will be.  I finally hang up my acting boots, and suddenly I get an offer to do a show at one of Seattle's better theater companies.

:)

Just like it is in other life matters, it always happens when you're not looking for it.
Make Your Own Luck.

Laura

« Reply #233 on: March 10, 2009, 06:41:24 PM »

And? ? ?
"That's a lotta hamsters."

MBarnum

« Reply #234 on: March 10, 2009, 06:47:20 PM »

Watched CASTLE and enjoyed it very much. Nathan Fillion is just such a charming actor and I loved Susan Sullivan as his mom and also the girl who plays his daughter. I will tune in again.

Jane

« Reply #235 on: March 10, 2009, 06:48:17 PM »

Do they pay?

Laura

« Reply #236 on: March 10, 2009, 06:48:51 PM »

And it is the perfect part and you are going to do it?
"That's a lotta hamsters."

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #237 on: March 10, 2009, 06:52:10 PM »

Do they pay?

They only pay a stipend.
“One thing’s universal,

MBarnum

« Reply #238 on: March 10, 2009, 06:52:34 PM »

Just saw that singer/actor Jimmy Boyd died over the weekend. I used to so enjoy him on BACHELOR FATHER.

Jennifer

« Reply #239 on: March 10, 2009, 06:55:17 PM »

DR Jose, i only got to the first 3 singers on Idol so far.

But usually people say that it is best to be last (those people seem to get a lot of votes). But the first 3 singers tonight (to me) are 3 of the 4 strongest (lil, danny, scott).

Btw, there is supposed to be a huge announcement/twist revealed tonight or tomorrow. It wasn't the lame thing simon said in the first minute was it?
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10   Go Up