Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]   Go Down

Author Topic: START AT THE TOP  (Read 60117 times)

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
Re: START AT THE TOP
« Reply #300 on: March 16, 2009, 09:09:28 PM »

Tomorrow I shall be attending the funeral of my Aunt Mildred....  She was a nice lady with five kids.  My uncle passed away some time ago.  I haven't seen Jimmy or Denney for many years, but I have seen Sharon and Sandra and Helen.

Those kids used to sing all the time - they could harmonize beautifully.  The weather is supposed to be beautiful. 

http://www.carlisleandson.com/Obituaries/tabid/56/selectedmoduleid/399/ArticleID/140/Default.aspx
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #301 on: March 16, 2009, 09:09:44 PM »

No dancing right now.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Laura

« Reply #302 on: March 16, 2009, 09:16:47 PM »

I'm sorry for your loss of Aunt Mildred, JRand.

td

• td
« Reply #303 on: March 16, 2009, 10:01:46 PM »

I spent the evening watching John Steinbeck's EAST OF EDEN, Part One.
Is it just me, or does Jane Seymour deliver one of the truly great television performances as Cathy Ames?
« Last Edit: March 16, 2009, 10:07:39 PM by td »
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

td

• td
« Reply #304 on: March 16, 2009, 10:03:26 PM »

And talk about synchronicity:  while on my Dickens kick, yet ANOTHER "Drood" novel will be published tomorrow:  Daniel Pearl's THE LAST DICKENS!
I liked his THE DANTE CLUB, so I'll definitely pick this one up tomorrow.

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #305 on: March 16, 2009, 10:07:32 PM »

Down with chinchy bassas!

And chinchy bassa directors!
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

td

• td
« Reply #306 on: March 16, 2009, 10:08:05 PM »

Sorry to hear about your Aunt Mildred, DR JRand.

Edisaurus

« Reply #307 on: March 16, 2009, 10:18:27 PM »

Very sorry to hear that, JRand. I was just up in Ohio last weekend for the funeral of my favorite uncle, my mom's little brother. I drove up Thursday night but a flat tire held me up for several hours and I ended up on the mountains in the fog traveling 40 mph until I could get over into Jellico. One the way back, 10 more hours in the rain. I drove past Ginny's exit but the timing didn't work out to visit so I just waved...

20 hours in a car by myself in two days is not my idea of a good time. And that was a very tough funeral to attend. Uncle Bob was beloved by all.
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #308 on: March 16, 2009, 10:19:30 PM »

What a day, what a night.  I am all in.  We got the CDs in at three-fifteen and aside from a dinner break with the Druxman's, that's all I've been doing until about fifteen minutes ago.  Helper and I managed to get all the Kritzerland orders packaged and to the post office by five-thirty.  Then, after dinner, we prepared all the big online orders, save for one guy whose check hasn't arrived.  Those, some 1200 CDs, will all go out tomorrow morning.  So, we're all caught up, shipping-wise, and I'm hoping everyone starts receiving their CDs by Wednesday.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #309 on: March 16, 2009, 10:19:39 PM »

And now I must write some notes.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #310 on: March 16, 2009, 10:33:55 PM »

Happy Birthday to BK's DD Jennifer...
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #311 on: March 16, 2009, 10:38:59 PM »

Vibes to the Goldsteins...
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

Edisaurus

« Reply #312 on: March 16, 2009, 10:39:51 PM »

HB2DDofBK!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #313 on: March 16, 2009, 10:43:40 PM »

I guess all libraries are different. At my sister's library everything is online. You can put books on hold, reserve books and renew them all online.

At my library the catalog is online. But you can't do any of those things online. Although when you take out books the books you have reserved show up at the bottom and you can see how many people are ahead of you. So if you know you are next for a book you can go online and if that book is on hold then it's obviously for you (they do call though).

Showing the books you have reseved and your ranking is very helpful (my sister's library doesn't do this).

The only thing i wish my library did was keep a list of books you have requested. I wish that was on my paper. Even if you request a book and it's in processing it does not appearn on your record (although you can go online and see which books are in processing).

It ends up being sort of weird because i request a lot of books, and yet they are not in my queue but the library will call and i sometimes have a bunch of books waiting that i did not even know were coming!

I guess we're lucky.  Even if I didn't work for the library, we can place holds, see how many holds are on a title (but not who they are, of course ;)), view our personal holds lists, renew checked out items that don't have holds, request that new items be purchased (no guarantees that they'll actually be purchased, though) and request items for Interlibrary Loan.  AND we can do all of that on-line.

We can even "suspend" our holds...meaning, if I place a hold on an item, but I'm going out of town (for instance), and I know that I'm very close to getting the next copy, I can suspend the hold and the next copy will go to the next person in line.  I'll still be at the number one spot in the list, but when I'm ready, I unsuspend my hold and then get the next copy.  That way if someone doesn't want an item, it can be checked out by someone else, but I won't lose my place in line. :)

Are you Using Innovation, Aleph or Evergreen?

Edisaurus

« Reply #314 on: March 16, 2009, 10:44:34 PM »

I have an idea for a new BK album.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #315 on: March 16, 2009, 10:44:48 PM »

or Sirsi-Dynix

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #316 on: March 16, 2009, 10:49:32 PM »

I send sympathy on the loss of your aunt mildred, Jrand...

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #317 on: March 16, 2009, 10:50:42 PM »

Report: Natasha Richardson Critically Injured in Ski Accident

Natasha Richardson, wife of actor Liam Neeson and daughter to legendary actress Vanessa Redgrave, has reportedly been injured while skiing in Canada.

IrishCentral.com is reporting that Richardson suffered a brain injury and is in critical condition at a Montreal hospital. She was gearing up to co-star with her mother in a Broadway revival of Stephen Sondheim's A Little Night Music. No word on whether Neeson is by her side. Redgrave and Richardson most recently starred as mother and daughter in the film Evening, also starring Claire Danes and Toni Collette.

Vibes to Natasha and her family

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #318 on: March 16, 2009, 10:52:31 PM »

TOD..

The ones I really remember that I have watched over the years are Ellen DeGeneres, Oprah and a few others.

I do remember Carson, Conan O'Brien and LEno. I vaguely remember one with Alan Thicke.

I do not recall Tom Snyder or Dick Cavett.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #319 on: March 16, 2009, 10:52:56 PM »

I forgot one, Charlie Rose

Sam

• " The best things in life are free "
« Reply #320 on: March 16, 2009, 11:40:23 PM »

word of the day:   I wonder if it is possible to mansuetude a child that is like a wild pony, determined never to be tamed.
"Shoot for the moon.  Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars..."  (Unknown)

Sam

« Reply #321 on: March 16, 2009, 11:40:40 PM »

must now read posts
"Shoot for the moon.  Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars..."  (Unknown)

Sam

« Reply #322 on: March 16, 2009, 11:58:44 PM »

favorite talk show and moment:  Johnny Carson always.    Zsa Zsa Gabor and Shelly Winters.  Didn't they have a cat fight and Zsa Zsa walked off?

Sam

« Reply #323 on: March 17, 2009, 12:00:22 AM »

Dear JRand58:  I'm sorry about your Aunt Mildred.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]   Go Up