Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11   Go Down

Author Topic: LIKELY STORIES  (Read 57861 times)

Jennifer

Re: LIKELY STORIES
« Reply #60 on: March 23, 2009, 07:12:21 AM »

For those who watch THE AMAZING RACE, who are your favorite teams? Who do you think is the
best team?

Maybe leave spoiler space in case a few people did not watch last night's show yet.

Jennifer

« Reply #61 on: March 23, 2009, 07:18:02 AM »

Here are my answers to my TAR questions above:

THE AMAZING RACE SPOILERS DISCUSSION

dfuio iuo iuo whow shoe who woo boo hoo sosos si loser winner bo be who w wi
one day diu iu i l wl low bow wowo soisi  soo sew sos sos los soso kj 879  sij iu
I think the best team is pretty clear. There is really only one team who i find strong
enough for me to think they really deserve to win. And that is tammy and victor.
As for who my favorite teams are, well for some reason i have loved those red
heads since the beginning. They are not as strong competitively as my usual
favorites. But i just find them to be hard working, really sweet and generous. And
somehow they are still in it.  I also do like tammy and victor. Although some times
the brother can be slightly irritating.  It was an interesting show last night with
the teams at the bottom only being a minute apart. Although those are my 2 least
favorite teams. So i really did not care either way.  I'm not crazy about the black
sisters (don't remember their names). But it's not like they've done anything for me
to really hate them. They are fine. Just really boring. And not that strong. I'm also
not as fond of the dead kid/mom anymore. At times i find them sweet and
endearing (like when he cried at the poverty). But i also have found him sort of
mean-spirited at times. And i still like them alright. But they are not my favorites.
wow riuejkle o o o o 7887 8787 low wow wowowow w oh boy oh no fifui iu iu  ui
ow wlo low jo jo bo row row row your boat so sos who w wieriuriuriu iu iu iuiuiuiu

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #62 on: March 23, 2009, 07:24:25 AM »

Good morning!

It was chilly this morning, but it promises to get to 70 today, so it should be a nice day. I'll be having lunch out, so that should be a pleasant experience.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #63 on: March 23, 2009, 07:24:49 AM »

The DEAD kid/mom?

::)
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Matt H.

« Reply #64 on: March 23, 2009, 07:26:07 AM »

On TV Tonight!™

CBS - HOW I MET YOUR MOTHER, RULES OF ENGAGEMENT, CSI: MIAMI
NBC - CHUCK, HEROES, MEDIUM
ABC - DANCING WITH THE STARS, CASTLE
FOX - '24'
CW  - GOSSIP GIRL, ONE TREE HILL
TNT - SAVING GRACE

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #65 on: March 23, 2009, 07:27:02 AM »

I don't watch TAR, but der B does.

I'm kinda sorta partial to Rev. Mel and his son, but just because I've met the Rev.

Which means I kinda sorta know what DR Jose was feeling last season.  Familiarity breeds pom-poms.  Kinda.  Sorta.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Matt H.

« Reply #66 on: March 23, 2009, 07:27:27 AM »

If you'll note in the chart above, THE BIG BANG THEORY, TWO AND A HALF MEN, and HOUSE are not listed. They're in reruns tonight.

Matt H.

« Reply #67 on: March 23, 2009, 07:30:26 AM »

I can't remember what my first made-for-cable show was. Perhaps BROTHERS on Showtime.

My favorites through the years: SEX AND THE CITY, THE SOPRANOS, SIX FEET UNDER, DEADWOOD, TRUE BLOOD all on HBO.

QUEER AS FOLK, and DEXTER on Showtime.

THE SHIELD, RESCUE ME, DAMAGES on FX.

THE CLOSER, LEVERAGE on TNT

MONK, PSYCH, BURN NOTICE on USA.

Charles Pogue

• "The heart must bleed; not slobber." - F. Loesser
« Reply #68 on: March 23, 2009, 07:32:42 AM »

BK, somewhere on the tail-end of one of my videotapes, I think one where I had taped a bunch of SCTV, I have the Manilow spoof and a coupe of the others that appeared on that show.  Julieanne and I discovered it late one night, watching whatever came after the last SCTV episode.  It is hilarious!

Whatever happened to Pia Zadora?

Matt H.

« Reply #69 on: March 23, 2009, 07:34:13 AM »

I saw the UPS truck pull up on the street in front of my house, but I didn't check to see if he brought anything to me or if he was going to my neighbor's house (who gets almosty daily UPS shipments for his in-home business).

Right now, I have nothing to review, but this might change today. If not, I have the day off and I do have two remaining items on the DVR: THE OFFICE and 30 ROCK from last Thursday.

I will want to finish '21' that I started last night.

And one of these days I'm going to get to THE YELLOW ROLLS-ROYCE. It's so funny. You wait years and years to get a release of a favorite film, and then when it comes, it sits in the shrink wrap for weeks and weeks (sometimes years and years).

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #70 on: March 23, 2009, 07:39:11 AM »

Good Morning!

I'm up, I'm up... And I'm sipping a cup of Vanilla Chai.  Hmmm....
Make Your Own Luck.

Matt H.

« Reply #71 on: March 23, 2009, 07:59:50 AM »

I have some things I want to take care of around the house, and I've finished my morning web surf surprisingly early, so I'll jump off-line now.

WBBL.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #72 on: March 23, 2009, 08:00:43 AM »

It was chilly this morning, but it promises to get to 70 today, so it should be a nice day. I'll be having lunch out, so that should be a pleasant experience.

Same forecast here in Charleston.  I was thinking of heading to one of the beaches, but since the temps run cooler at the beaches by about 10-15 degrees, well...  I also want to complete my the "main street walking tour" of downtown Charleston, so I may just head down to Meeting Street later and do just that.
Make Your Own Luck.

William F. Orr

• Jeeper Creepers!
« Reply #73 on: March 23, 2009, 08:17:03 AM »

Whatever happened to Pia Zadora?

One wonders.  She recorded her last album in '95 and she sold Pickfair in aught five.

Which brings me to my college story:

My goofy friend Doug met a girl at a mixer, they hit it off, and made a date for the following week.  For some reason, they didn't meet at her place, and when he drove her home--to her aunt's house where she was living--she guided him up into the Beverly Hills until he realized they were going to a big landed estate at the top.

Doug was suitably impressed when his gf remarked, "I wonder what the Rolls is doing out.  We don't use it very much."

Well, it was of course some time later in the day, after he had met Aunt Mary and chatted to her for a while, that it dawned on him that he was at Pickfair, talking to Mary Pickford, and the little statue on the table he had been fiddling with was Uncle Oscar.

Doug actually became serious enough with the young lady that he went to England with her family for the summer, and they were planning a big Hollywood wedding--"it's obvious that everyone who's anyone is here.  This monumental merger was the wedding of the year."

But they broke up, he eventually married a less jet-setty lady, and they lived since in Tempe AZ, where he is a professor of physics.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2009, 08:19:35 AM by William F. Orr »
"Champagne to my real friends, and real pain to my sham friends!"
--Wayland Flowers

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #74 on: March 23, 2009, 08:20:12 AM »

As for the Topic of the Day...

I guess MTV's "The Real World" would be the first one I remember.  Although, I'm thinking there may have been a series on HBO during it's early years.  ???
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #75 on: March 23, 2009, 08:26:06 AM »

When and what was your last Eureka! moment?

*I believe DR SWW may find that particular post informative and inspirational.  It's written by Michael Laiskonis, the pastry chef at Le Bernadin.

**It also ties in with bk's recent series of posts which have been filled many of those moments.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2009, 08:30:03 AM by JoseSPiano »
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #76 on: March 23, 2009, 08:29:08 AM »

Chef Laiskonis' other blog, Workbook is another good read.  -Focused more on the process in the kitchen - as well as some wonderful food photograpy.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #77 on: March 23, 2009, 08:32:26 AM »

And speaking of the James Beard Foundation...

They are "live-tweeting" the nominees for this year's awards! :)

http://twitter.com/beardfoundation
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #78 on: March 23, 2009, 08:41:57 AM »

I made it through a whole week of work (well part time days, I only stayed until 2:30) so Saturday we  (drum roll please) took down the Christmas tree.

Yes - the tree has been up all this time - we decided to keep itup until I was better and now I am better!

I have been eating three meals a day - albeit toddler sized portions - but I have not used the cans for 4 days now!!

:)

I have friends in Richmond who keep their Christmas tree up for as long as "tree-ly" possible.  They say it makes it much easier to take off the decorations when almost all of the needles have fallen off.  ;)

Another friend of mine actually "plants" his Christmas tree in a huge pot in his living room.  He doesn't mulch the tree until after it has gone through its "Easter Egg Tree" phase.
Make Your Own Luck.

Kerry

« Reply #79 on: March 23, 2009, 08:46:49 AM »

Bruce, I didn't realize (or had forgottten) that you had done the themes for the shows in "The Ratings Game."  They were very funny and eerily accurate.  I think they made me laugh even harder than Marc Shaiman's faux news music from "Broadcast News."

It becoming a running joke with a bunch of us when a big story (like the OJ Simpson trial or John Kennedy Jr.'s plane crash) of  how long it would take for the story to get its own theme for live team coverage  and panelists and "experts."
You could put out a CD of the OJ Murder Theme (honestly there was one).
« Last Edit: March 23, 2009, 08:50:29 AM by Kerry »
I like boat races.

Kerry

« Reply #80 on: March 23, 2009, 08:49:55 AM »

TOD:  I like the show "Brothers" when it came on (HBO?) in the 90's, I think.  Maybe earlier.  I loved the show "The Boys" about a group of entertainers and "Lords" who belonged to a take-off on the Friar's Club in New York.  Great actors and clever dialogue.  I subscribed to Showtime long after I wanted to just for that show.  It was a summer show, and I think it ended after about 13 shows. 
I like boat races.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #81 on: March 23, 2009, 08:51:25 AM »

Dang, that's two years in a row that Chef Jay Caputo hasn't made the finalists list (Mid-Atlantic).

Kerry

« Reply #82 on: March 23, 2009, 08:54:14 AM »

I made it through a whole week of work (well part time days, I only stayed until 2:30) so Saturday we  (drum roll please) took down the Christmas tree.

Yes - the tree has been up all this time - we decided to keep itup until I was better and now I am better!

I have been eating three meals a day - albeit toddler sized portions - but I have not used the cans for 4 days now!!

Glad to hear it!  Congratulations!
I like boat races.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #83 on: March 23, 2009, 08:56:49 AM »

Great news from DR VIXMOM!

And thanks to DR JOSE for:
The Bridge Pictures
The Soloist info (DR MS - I was aware of the other network affiliations, but I really had forgotten the CBS/Paramount link, although I have seen the logo on all of the I LOVE LUCY dvd's).
The APPLE control + mouse click info to save a pic.....very useful.
And yes, the mouse that is so sensitive does take some getting used to.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #84 on: March 23, 2009, 08:57:22 AM »

Dang, that's two years in a row that Chef Jay Caputo hasn't made the finalists list (Mid-Atlantic).

Maybe you need to join the James Beard Foundation so that you can become a nominator. ;)

*Or write to "Gourmet" or "Bon Appetit" or "Saveur", etc., and have them do a feature story on restaurants in Rehoboth.  An "off-season" feature would be a good angle.  Buzz is buzz.

**Or you could just ask Ruth Reichl what her favorite Delaware restaurants are.  http://twitter.com/ruthreichl/ ;)

Make Your Own Luck.

Kerry

« Reply #85 on: March 23, 2009, 08:57:32 AM »

I always get Pia and Charo and the Gabor sisters all mixed up...      :-\

A great idea for a show about their wacky adventures with men!
I like boat races.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #86 on: March 23, 2009, 08:59:01 AM »

Medea......to a tango?

"And they all go to..................THE SEASHORE!!"

I have ordered my copy of ILLYA DARLING!!!  This one is not an investment!  A couple of the Kritzerland releases are still wrapped.....and I love watching the prices go up on AMAZON and EBAY.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #87 on: March 23, 2009, 08:59:13 AM »

And thanks to DR JOSE for:
The Bridge Pictures
The Soloist info (DR MS - I was aware of the other network affiliations, but I really had forgotten the CBS/Paramount link, although I have seen the logo on all of the I LOVE LUCY dvd's).
The APPLE control + mouse click info to save a pic.....very useful.
And yes, the mouse that is so sensitive does take some getting used to.

You're welcome, DR JRand.
And that's why I still prefer to use my touchpad on my MacBook instead of plugging in the mouse.

:)
Make Your Own Luck.

William F. Orr

• Jeeper Creepers!
« Reply #88 on: March 23, 2009, 09:04:41 AM »

TECHNICAL QUESTION:

Can someone tell me how to make my avatar show up a bit bigger.  The original was 320 x 240 and it showed up tiny.  I tried resizing the width to 110 like most of the other avatars, which gave me 110 x 83.

It still looks the same.  How can I make it bigger without bugging Mr. Mark Bakalor?

wfo
"Champagne to my real friends, and real pain to my sham friends!"
--Wayland Flowers

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #89 on: March 23, 2009, 09:05:55 AM »

I received my copy of Mr Laurents latest book today, so I shall spend some time with him.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11   Go Up