Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11   Go Down

Author Topic: LIKELY STORIES  (Read 57882 times)

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
Re: LIKELY STORIES
« Reply #150 on: March 23, 2009, 11:38:17 AM »

...I can see DR MBarnum throwing himself in front of Gupta's town car now.

;D
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #151 on: March 23, 2009, 11:40:37 AM »

PAGE SIX CHARLESTON COURTYARD FOUNTAIN DANCE

Make Your Own Luck.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #152 on: March 23, 2009, 11:42:42 AM »

Elmore - did you get your cookies?

Yes, I did! I thought I'd mentioned it. Thank you, thank you!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

DAW

« Reply #153 on: March 23, 2009, 11:44:22 AM »

Lookie, lookie
Here comes cookie now!

DAW

« Reply #154 on: March 23, 2009, 11:44:43 AM »

Sing it, Angela!   :D

William F. Orr

• Jeeper Creepers!
« Reply #155 on: March 23, 2009, 11:45:31 AM »

What if "They Call The Wind Maria" had been written for the citizens of River City, Iowa?

A way out west they have a name
For rain and wind and fire.
The rain is rain, the fire is fire
And they call the wind wind.

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D Wasn't it in Beyond the Fringe that Dudley Moore or some such similar sang "You say Tomahto, and I say Tomahto."?
« Last Edit: March 23, 2009, 11:48:58 AM by William F. Orr »
"Champagne to my real friends, and real pain to my sham friends!"
--Wayland Flowers

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #156 on: March 23, 2009, 11:46:40 AM »

Larry - Were you talking about Sybil Bruncheon when referring to the cable talk show host?

No, it was something else, Carsten Something, maybe?
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #157 on: March 23, 2009, 11:53:08 AM »

I'm back from my various and sundry errands. I had a wonderful visit with Mrs Jo Sullivan Loesser, who is one of the best, and her colleague and my dear friend Joseph Weis, I think my new haircut looks just like the old one, and now I'm back to Mr Raines' concert charts. I picked up a new book at the big new Barnes and Noble at 46th and Fifth Avenue about Cafe society. Jo wants to read it when I finish it.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #158 on: March 23, 2009, 11:55:44 AM »

I made it through a whole week of work (well part time days, I only stayed until 2:30) so Saturday we  (drum roll please) took down the Christmas tree.

Yes - the tree has been up all this time - we decided to keep itup until I was better and now I am better!

I have been eating three meals a day - albeit toddler sized portions - but I have not used the cans for 4 days now!!

Great news, Vixmom!  Congrats!!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #159 on: March 23, 2009, 12:06:25 PM »

TOD:

.....  NOT NECESSARILY THE NEWS was generally a pretty funny show ( I would love to see this on DVD.)  I was also a fan of FRAGGLE ROCK for the first two seasons or so.

I remember watching both of these shows!  I loved them. ;D They are probably the earliest cable shows that I can remember watching.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #160 on: March 23, 2009, 12:33:20 PM »

Haven't stopped yet this morning.  On my way to hear some tapes right now, then I shall return.

Ginny

« Reply #161 on: March 23, 2009, 12:57:08 PM »

Survived taking my mom on several errands and my aunt to the eye doctor.  I am exhausted.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #162 on: March 23, 2009, 01:18:39 PM »

And, of course, the Scandal du Jour a few days ago was the revelation that LeAnn Rimes and Eddie Cibrian ended up having an affair during(?) the filming of said TV movie.

Was it real though?  There's a lot of other talk about it all being a PR stunt.
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #163 on: March 23, 2009, 01:21:47 PM »

Had a very enjoyable lunch. Very pleasant outside. Not breezy but warm enough not to require a jacket but not warm to be uncomfortable.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #164 on: March 23, 2009, 01:23:28 PM »

When I got in, there were no review discs waiting for me, but there was season two of NCIS which I may crack open and watch the first episode tonight once I've cleared the cache on the DVR.

Matt H.

« Reply #165 on: March 23, 2009, 01:24:04 PM »

I finished '21.' Eh. Not bad but not a great film certainly.

Matt H.

« Reply #166 on: March 23, 2009, 01:24:40 PM »

Next I watched today's AS THE WORLD TURNS. The boys weren't there, but they were in the previews.

Matt H.

« Reply #167 on: March 23, 2009, 01:26:06 PM »

And I completed my afternoon watching last Thursday's 30 ROCK. One of the best shows it's had lately, much of that due to Jon Hamm's marvelous turn in the last of his three-episode story arc. Sorry to see him go. Hope he makes a return trip at some point as he and Tiny Fey worked well together. And Jack (Alec Baldwin) had a fun storyline this week, too.

Matt H.

« Reply #168 on: March 23, 2009, 02:02:56 PM »

My afternoon surf is now concluded so I'm hopping off-line now and heading down for more viewing. I might try to squeeze in MICHAEL CLAYTON on Blu-ray and then an episode of NCIS from the season two set.

WBBL.

Michael

« Reply #169 on: March 23, 2009, 02:30:30 PM »

Robin Byrd. I won't post the link since we do have some respectability left, don't we  ;)

Is she still doing her show after all these years????
Never stop dreaming.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #170 on: March 23, 2009, 02:48:22 PM »

Question:

Has anyone seen or heard of a musical called:Little House on the Prairie, the Musical?

Yes, I know a couple of people who say it and they were impressed. It premiered at the Guthrie in Minneapolis
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #171 on: March 23, 2009, 02:48:51 PM »

DR Dakota have you set a wedding date?

STAY DRY VIBES!

thanks for the vibes

Aug 1....
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #172 on: March 23, 2009, 02:49:09 PM »

So Laura, did someone ask that question in relation to you and Sandra?

Ouch.

When the Vixter was in 2nd grade I went to meet the teacher night and the teacher greeted me with "Oh you must be Vicky's grandmother!"

Now THERE'S an ouch!

double ouch

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #173 on: March 23, 2009, 02:49:30 PM »

I will drift in from time to time tonight... It iwll depend on if I have student workers or not

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #174 on: March 23, 2009, 03:13:54 PM »

I made it through a whole week of work (well part time days, I only stayed until 2:30) so Saturday we  (drum roll please) took down the Christmas tree.

Yes - the tree has been up all this time - we decided to keep itup until I was better and now I am better!

I have been eating three meals a day - albeit toddler sized portions - but I have not used the cans for 4 days now!!

:)

I have friends in Richmond who keep their Christmas tree up for as long as "tree-ly" possible.  They say it makes it much easier to take off the decorations when almost all of the needles have fallen off.  ;)

Another friend of mine actually "plants" his Christmas tree in a huge pot in his living room.  He doesn't mulch the tree until after it has gone through its "Easter Egg Tree" phase.

Well our tree is artifical so we didn't have to worry about the needles falling off... I was considering keeping it around to hang Easter Eggs on after all teh ornaments were down but Vixdad whisked that tree into it's box and (with the Vixter's help) carried it out to the garage to its summer home in the garage loft 
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #175 on: March 23, 2009, 03:15:28 PM »

Whatever happened to Pia Zadora?

One wonders.  She recorded her last album in '95 and she sold Pickfair in aught five.

Which brings me to my college story:

My goofy friend Doug met a girl at a mixer, they hit it off, and made a date for the following week.  For some reason, they didn't meet at her place, and when he drove her home--to her aunt's house where she was living--she guided him up into the Beverly Hills until he realized they were going to a big landed estate at the top.

Doug was suitably impressed when his gf remarked, "I wonder what the Rolls is doing out.  We don't use it very much."

Well, it was of course some time later in the day, after he had met Aunt Mary and chatted to her for a while, that it dawned on him that he was at Pickfair, talking to Mary Pickford, and the little statue on the table he had been fiddling with was Uncle Oscar.

Doug actually became serious enough with the young lady that he went to England with her family for the summer, and they were planning a big Hollywood wedding--"it's obvious that everyone who's anyone is here.  This monumental merger was the wedding of the year."

But they broke up, he eventually married a less jet-setty lady, and they lived since in Tempe AZ, where he is a professor of physics.

I never heard this story before! Now I'm getting better we have to start "hanging out" again!  I have missed you Billy!
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #176 on: March 23, 2009, 03:41:47 PM »

Back from the listening to tapes session and the news is fantastic!  Two years ago, another film music label wanted to do this score.  They got these same nine tapes.  They could only find one side of the album (this was released on LP) in stereo - there were a LOT of mono album masters, none in stereo - the only stereo marked on a box was side two of the album and that was the original three-track recording pre-album master (where some rather ugly reverb, typical for the time) was added.  There was one box among the nine that was confusingly marked and that box was my hope - it was side one, but didn't have stereo marked on it - that was because someone had put a sticker over that part of the box - so, we put up that reel and voila, it was the side one three-track recording.  Hoo and ray, is all I can say.  I was so happy I danced a rather pathetic jig.  So, not only do we get to put out my holy grail soundtrack (and no, Rio was not my all-time holy grail that's never been on CD), it will be remixed directly from the original three-track masters, and I can put a nice, clean reverb on (the recording is, naturally, completely dry and doesn't sound good without some sort of room ambience added), and it should be spectacular.  Oh, boy!  Oh, joy!  It's on the fast track and will be announced two weeks after Illya is officially announced.

George

« Reply #177 on: March 23, 2009, 03:46:42 PM »

That's so cool, BK!  Congrats! ;D

George

« Reply #178 on: March 23, 2009, 03:47:41 PM »

And now for something completely different:

Guess Shakespeare's Hidden Word

;D

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #179 on: March 23, 2009, 03:52:24 PM »

bk, did you ever slip us the name of your holy grail? 
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11   Go Up