Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Down

Author Topic: A BRAND NEW WEKK  (Read 46998 times)

Dan-in-Toronto

Re:A BRAND NEW WEKK
« Reply #180 on: March 15, 2004, 06:07:19 PM »

DR Elmore,

I'm off to chat. Catch you there.

Robin

« Reply #181 on: March 15, 2004, 06:09:17 PM »

Michael J. Lewis, also composed a lovely score for my film, HOUND OF THE BASKERVILLES, 1983, starrng Ian Richardson.  He actually issued his own two-CD album of music awhile back which contained selections of his film musid from 1969-1994, conducted and produced by him.

I have that CD, and it's cherce...it's astonishing, and a damned shame Lewis doesn't get more film work.  His music is very appealing, and enhances every film it's in.  There's only one score track from Hound on the disc, but it's a dandy...
Mankind needs God...like fish need bicycles!

Robin

« Reply #182 on: March 15, 2004, 06:09:44 PM »

Page SEVEN...all right!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #183 on: March 15, 2004, 06:09:46 PM »

Oh, boy, senility strikes.  I'm opening the chat room right now.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #184 on: March 15, 2004, 06:11:11 PM »

C'mon in, room's open.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #185 on: March 15, 2004, 06:11:35 PM »

Open sesame.  Wherefore art though, Hainsies/Kimlets?

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #186 on: March 15, 2004, 06:11:47 PM »

So sad to be all alone in the world.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #187 on: March 15, 2004, 06:25:31 PM »

No ruffled feathers, BK.  It's far more important that we have the book, over who the inscription is to.  I'm just sorry we won't be there for the Bookfellows event this time.   :'(

At least this time we got the CD.  Like I say, good disc.  Guy is in good voice.  You owe him big-time for his contribution!
« Last Edit: March 15, 2004, 06:27:33 PM by S. Woody White »
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #188 on: March 15, 2004, 06:42:01 PM »

You are missing out on a lively and sparkling chat.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #189 on: March 15, 2004, 06:51:37 PM »

I can't come to chat (and I forgot about it...SORRY!).  I have to go to my sister's to help her move.  She built a new house!  The move will (hopefully) only take a few days and as soon as she moves out of her (current) house, I'm going to move into it and will rent it from her.  It's all in the family.  Have a good chat!!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

MBarnum

« Reply #190 on: March 15, 2004, 07:03:58 PM »

Well, well, well...I certainly hit the jackpot today...in mail a lovely photo of Ms. June Kenney and Mr. John Brinkley in the film TEENAGE DOLL...on Ebay I won two photos of Allison Hayes from HONG KONG CONFIDENTIAL, two brand new (as in movies made in the year 2003) Bollywood films on DVD, a vhs of two DR. KILDARE television episodes (guest-starring Gloria Talbott and Carolyn Kearney), and...ta da...I also received two, count them two books and two CDs (Kritzerland and Kritzer Time) in the mail! That was fast as I think I only ordered them on Friday!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #191 on: March 15, 2004, 07:07:09 PM »

Chat is still going on.  Jenny, why don't you come to chat.

Panni

• What are men for -- if not to amuse a woman!
« Reply #192 on: March 15, 2004, 07:59:56 PM »

Where is everybody??

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #193 on: March 15, 2004, 08:04:33 PM »

Hopefully everyone is reading Kritzer Time.  That would be the ONLY excuse.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #194 on: March 15, 2004, 08:23:02 PM »

It's here it's here!  I received Kritzer Time and the KT CD!  Hurray!  But I don't want to read it quickly!  It's the last one!

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm....thanks Mr BK for the quick service and the beautiful book!  Cover looks even more delicious in person!
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #195 on: March 15, 2004, 08:27:31 PM »

Good evening!

Well, I'm still not feeling up to snuff... wherever snuff is...  I thought I'd feel better after the great dinner my friend, Mark, treated me to tonight, but, alas, no...

So, I'm heading to bed...

Sorry I missed chat...

-And ordering KritzerTime is on my To Do list for tomorrow morning.  When I'm feeling better... hopefully.

Goodnight.
Make Your Own Luck.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #196 on: March 15, 2004, 08:30:33 PM »

ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY is predicting that Matt Rogers will be the first one voted out of the AMERICAN IDOL competition. Kind of funny since he garnered enough votes to come in second his week, and he's vying against people who had two shots to get voted into the finals and had to be picked by judges to get there.

But, won't how he sings tomorrow night have at least SOMETHING to do with how people vote? I know many of them will have their rootings sections around the country, but I'd think the best singers will get votes from people like me. I can promise I'm not going to vote for people just because I have some I'm rooting for. The best two singers tomorrow night are the two I'll vote for tomorrow night. If they do terrible the following week, I won't vote for them then.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Jenny

• May we come to trust the dreams we must fulfill.
« Reply #197 on: March 15, 2004, 08:40:52 PM »

Chat is still going on.  Jenny, why don't you come to chat.

Once again, I find that I can't enter the chatroom!  It's a very sad world that I live in.  :'(
"I am always thinking of myself, and I expect everyone else to do the same.  That is what is called sympathy." -Oscar Wilde

Robin

« Reply #198 on: March 15, 2004, 09:05:28 PM »

A most excellent chat tonight.  

I'm watching Family Plot on TCM.  Not the best Hitchcock film, but still better than 90% of any other director's films.  And it does have Miss Katherine Helmond.  And that ain't too shabby, eh?  

George

« Reply #199 on: March 15, 2004, 10:21:56 PM »

I'm back home and in the mail were the "Kritzer Time" book and CD!!!  It is a wonderful cover.  I found my first two Kritzer CDs and will listen to all three of them tomorrow at work.

As for the topic of the day, the recordings that I would like to have on CD (that have never been released on CD):

the 1974 Candide
Donnybrook!
Eubie!
the London Gone With the Wind
the original London The Hired Man
Let My People Come ::)
Man With a Load of Mischief
Philemon
the soundtrack to Scrooge
the Australian cast recording of Side By Side By Sondheim (with "Conversation Piece")
To Broadway with Love
Tom Foolery
Tuscaloosa's Calling…but I'm not going!
When You're In Love the Whole World Is Jewish

These are only a few of the records that SHOULD be on CD...in my humble opinion (IMHO in Internet lingo).
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #200 on: March 15, 2004, 10:28:35 PM »

My goodness, everyone must be reading Kritzer Time.  But what a day of excellent postings we've had.  

Charles Pogue

• "The heart must bleed; not slobber." - F. Loesser
« Reply #201 on: March 15, 2004, 10:58:17 PM »

Alas, I was not reading KRITZER TIME.  I was watching a goofy, guilty pleasure of a film called TAPE HEADS that I picked up on used DVD for $4.99.  It stars Tim Robbins and John Cusak and has a deliciously surreal  supporting cast of Mary Crosby, Clu Gulager, Susan Tyrrel, Jessica Walters, Connie Stevens, and Doug McClure (the last two playing Robbins parents, no less).  The story is two aspiring young music video makers try to resuccitate the career of an old R&B soul act, The Swanky Modes (that's the plot among other things).  The Swanky Modes are played by two soul legends Sam Moore of Sam & Dave and Junior Walker of Junior Walker and the All-Stars.  And do these two old guys rock.  They sing a song at the end that just brings down the house called ANY ORDINARY MAN WOULD'VE GIVEN IT UP BY NOW.   Imagine my surprise when the DVD also included a CD of two different takes of this song.  A strange, but fun movie...and a great R&B song.

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #202 on: March 15, 2004, 11:23:26 PM »

Yes, what is TG rights? I am baffled!  

***WARNING - DEBAFFLEMENT FOLLOWS***

JRand, aware that he was to be E&T hoped someone would post a remembrance of Allison Hayes.

You, MBarnum, obliged.

Hmmm, I say to self, what is the JRand/MBarnum/Allison Hayes nexus?

Googling for Allison Hayes uncovers the [url+http://www.briansdriveintheater.com/allisonhayes.html]Brian's Drive-In Theater (sic)[/url] site.

Well, right there on the title screen we have: "Thanks to Jack Randall Earles for providing photos and information."

Scrolling down a bit we find a pic of Allison Hayes "with Scott Brady from the 20th Century Fox western Mohawk (thanks to Michael Barnum)".

Now the proof is in the pudding, and both are thickening.

Now I said to myself, (insert Emeril Legasse line), what else are these chaps about?

At the bottom of the site are three recommended links, one of which is:

Allison Hayes: Bigger than Life - Visit this touching tribute to Allison Hayes, complete with photos and an extensive biography.

So off we go exploring to Bigger Than Life.

In a reference to the "Undead" the site proclaims:
"The Undead" is perhaps the best sustained showcase for the spectacular ripeness that is Allison Hayes."

"Ripeness"?, strange phraseology, what?

When we get the "Attack of the 50' Woman" we find:

"Rent this movie some night, put on a slinky negligee, pour yourself a big rum and Coke, turn down the lights and indulge in it the way you would a decadent bubble bath."

Oh, Really?

And then the zinger:

"Once you experience the images of Allison Hayes both before her enlargement (the great expanse of her bosom in a tight black cocktail dress) and after (moving in slow-motion across a limbo of night dressed only in a bed-sheet bikini) you'll understand how a minor movie can play major mischief with a young person's gender issues."

Now self says to me, what's going on here?

At the very bottom of the Webpage we are prompted with:

"If you were brought directly to this page by a hotlink from another site or search engine, click here for important information."

Well, that nailed me, alright, so click I did!

And, Voila!

Welcome!

I'm proud film-related sites have started to hotlink to some of the pages here. But I realize those hotlinks (and some search engines) might bring in people who share my enthusiasm for certain aspects of the movies, but otherwise drop them in the middle of my site without any context or preparation.

If that describes you, let me clue you in to the fact that this is the site of someone who considers themselves transgender. If that bothers you in any way, feel free to leave; this site isn't about convincing anybody about anything.

However, if you're open-minded, non-judgmental and/or curious, feel free to stay and look around. This is a strictly PG site intended to articulate and explore my passions for crossdressing and the movies and how those two intertwine.

Thanks for stopping by.

Regards,
Josie Hayes

So, DR MBarnum, your post brought me to the world of Josie Hayes!

der Brucer (gee, Crossdressers and Hungarian Pastry all in one day!)

We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

DERBRUCER

« Reply #203 on: March 15, 2004, 11:29:36 PM »

It's far more important that we have the book, over who the inscription is to.  :'(

After nearly 18 years and this is the grammar up with which I must put!

:'( ! This line gives me  :'(!

I blame this on you, BK! You and your damn "Screw Gramma" kick.

der Brucer ::hangs head at household disgrace::

DERBRUCER

« Reply #204 on: March 15, 2004, 11:48:31 PM »

What is it?  Ghoti? (did I spell that correctly??)

It is 100% correct, phonetically!

DERBRUCER

« Reply #205 on: March 15, 2004, 11:52:40 PM »

Let My People Come ::)

I thought I was the only twisted sister that owned this album. (And I saw the show before it moved Uptown!)

der demented Brucer

George

« Reply #206 on: March 16, 2004, 12:06:48 AM »

I thought I was the only twisted sister that owned this album. (And I saw the show before it moved Uptown!)

der demented Brucer

I bought this on eBay about two years ago, but I haven't played it yet.  I don't know why...it's not as if I could possibly be offended by anything that's on it! ;)
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Up